The Super Secret Space Project is revealed... or at least teased!

jasoneth

This, to me, seems like something that should either come in at 2.5 (obviously a midway landmark) or 3.0 for the next expansion. Maybe it'll just be 3.0.

My thoughts on this expansion would be that the open space areas (without any planets) would be the primary expansion whilst there will be some missions added to planets for some space battles. Or maybe the ones from 1-50 on planets will be just FPs. When we reach 55, the next thing you play is one more planet and some huge space PvE conflict with continued PvP arenas with it, which will continue throughout the 1-60.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it 3 times and Ive seen nothing in there that suggests this is not on rials like what we currently have.

I am certainly going to put any hope on hold until more info is released.

there is a ton of things we know that suggests its off rails

1) The jerkness of the camera follows the ship. Strongly suggest its off rails and instead free flying

2) When Erik Musco was asked about when are we going to see off rails at the cantina he responded "Look in your thumb drive"

Source: http://ootinicast.com/2013/09/community-cantina-seattle-31-august-2013/

3) there are a ton of datamined info to suggest that its free moving space combat and also that it will have alot of space pvp aspects to it.

Source: http://pastebin.com/Bddt3r2G

Edited by MisterBlackJack

Maybe im a dreamer, but that looks like a PvP Arena. Space PvP could bring really a lot of people back to the game.

Your dream will soon be reality. Datamined info about space project suggests it will heavily involve pvp

This was the data that was gather buy people over at reddit

Edited by MisterBlackJack

Your dream will soon be reality. Datamined info about space project suggests it will heavily involve pvp

This was the data that was gather buy people over at reddit

I love reading the mention of 'Freeflight' over and over :)

abl.space_combat.freeflight.blaster_imperial_heavy

abl.space_combat.freeflight.blaster_imperial_heavy/3/0

abl.space_combat.freeflight.blaster_imperial_heavy/3/1

abl.space_combat.freeflight.blaster_imperial_light

abl.space_combat.freeflight.blaster_imperial_light/3/0

abl.space_combat.freeflight.blaster_imperial_light/3/1

abl.space_combat.freeflight.blaster_imperial_medium

abl.space_combat.freeflight.blaster_imperial_medium/3/0

abl.space_combat.freeflight.blaster_imperial_medium/3/1

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

Thus the ranks of our own ships will be useless for this, just another warzone type game mode, probably restricted to 8v8 if not 4v4. Only 3v3 appears on the teaser... no full scale space battles as the voice dares to comment.

Still the engine issue I suppose.

What a shame...

Edited by Urukuru

I would like to see them release some longer video showing some basic early features etc so that we kinda get example and insight of what are they developing and give feedback. Once they finish it, it will be too late for any kind of major changes in my opinion.

Furthermore its not like they don't have anything to show, they have been developing SSSP for 1.5+ years, it should be in pretty much *advanced* state now.

I hope they (Bioware) are reading forums, there have been dozens of good suggestions about SSSP in various threads which they should take up for consideration.

SSSP could be game changer in a positive way if handled well.

Thus the ranks of our own ships will be useless for this, just another warzone type game mode, probably restricted to 8v8 if not 4v4. Only 3v3 appears on the teaser... no full scale space battles as the voice dares to comment.

What a shame...

well actually when the ships exit lightspeed I counted 7 to appear on one side alone. now that doesn't really say much for the actual gameplay as it was too short. but the pub side has 4 against the imps 3 when they were squaring off.

What a shame...

Its too early to know anything for sure....fluffy wookie you just saw few seconds of a teaser, its called *teaser* for a reason, maybe they don't want you to see all cards they have just yet. ^^

It could as well be just one space warzone coming along with rest of SSSP, or whole SSSP could end up being one pvp warzone which would suck.

What a shame...

hilarious, we know almost nothing yet you jump to that conclusion.

Its too early to know anything for sure....fluffy wookie you just saw few seconds of a teaser, its called *teaser* for a reason, maybe they don't want you to see all cards they have just yet. ^^

It could as well be just one space warzone coming along with rest of SSSP, or whole SSSP could end up being one pvp warzone which would suck.

it could also just mean the beginning too

if there are only 8v8 scenarios and people like that but want large scale space battles and the tech is there its not like that cant be a update later down the line, also this could have some very good live event potential for the future too

once the system is in place it should only get better from there

Edited by Vis-Tecum

it could also just mean the beginning too

if there are only 8v8 scenarios and people like that but want large scale space battles and the tech is there its not like that cant be a update later down the line, also this could have some very good live event potential for the future too

once the system is in place it should only get better from there

This is true, and I hope that BW sees the idea is well received if that is the case.

All swtor do is overhype let the playerbases imagination run away with them then turn around and go "well we didnt say it was going to be like that"

Given that these are the people who thought Starfox would fullfil star wars fans lust for space combat Im doubtful this will be anything good

Well, I said it would never happen, and it seems I was wrong, I'm man enough to admit that.

However, the fanboys in here are already so excited if they fart they will jump to lightspeed themselves, so if I may I offer some sage words of advice...

Check your expectations.

Now I'm not saying that SSSP will be bad, what I'm saying is that too many people are already blowing it WAY out of proportion on the basis of this very limited clip (given some of the comments here and on YouTube), to the point that it can only be a disappointment when it finally does launch (and we've been there before)

It's a terrible thing, but a pessimist is never disappointed.

Sorry but you owe me a keyboard. I had to quote that one particular phrase because it still has me laughing uncontrollably.

Just to keep this grounded in pragmatism.....

You guys never learn. :)

It was a fragment of content, designed to demonstrate the project is alive and presented so as to wet appetite. Nothing more, nothing less.

UNTIL it's on PTS to actually kick, squeeze, and complain about..... best to all chillax.. lest you get yourselves so worked up with projected inflation of expectations that you melt down when you see the real thing.

Sorry for the buzz kill. I just wanted it on record for when it releases and people complain it did not meet their self-inflicted expectations. :)

Agreed

The arguments here are identical to the ones prior to the games initial release when they first showed space gameplay footage

It's too bad that the old forums are deleted, I would love to just link these guys to those old arguments

Relax until the update comes out and just be glad they are working on something to improve space combat

Edited by kirorx

Sorry but you owe me a keyboard. I had to quote that one particular phrase because it still has me laughing uncontrollably.

OH MY GOD I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING NOW TOO ROFL

The mental image of that description in my mind is so hilarious. I really need to go sleep. Thank you for the laugh.

Edited by GhostDrone

I just hope we can get a **** pit view and use a joystick not just the behind the ship view and a mouse. I always feel more engaged and part of the action when I see the cockpit and not the back of my ship.

doubt we will. if we could get a viewpoint like that I imagine we woulda seen it previewed. whatever the SSP is it's NOT "jump to lightspeed 2.0"

For it to be worth the hype they have to go the full way and allow the use of a joy stick and offer the same sort of flight sim JTL did.

Anything less and they will be setting themselves up for backlash when the reality doesn't live up to the hype and we get a slight upgrade on the flight system they already have which very very few people play.