Challenge made to EricMusco.

Sir-Coffee

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This would get him fired.

Typically, Devs/Staff are prohibited from identifying themselves in-game.

Yea that's likely part of their internal policies, it's typical with these companies. You see it happen in betas but on live release that kind of stuff stops altogether.

Isn't that too much trouble (and probably not legal) for a duel ?

I'm not sure how long it would take them to do that.

As for the legality of the duel, and removing him from my friend's list(Even though I won't add him anyway) I wouldn't know.

However, if this helps... I give BioWare my consent to check my friends list and remove EricMusco from my friends list(Even though I won't add him) after the duel(If EricMusco accepts).

Considering I have played with Devs in almost ever single MMO since Everquest, your " commom sense" may not be so common.

Im still waiting for a source that says Eric would get fired if he did what many devs do in many diferent MMOs.

Maybe there's a chance he will show up then! I am going to need a lot of pizza and soda before our possible encounter.

I'm not sure how long it would take them to do that.

As for the legality of the duel, and removing him from my friend's list(Even though I won't add him anyway) I wouldn't know.

However, if this helps... I give BioWare my consent to check my friends list and remove EricMusco from my friends list(Even though I won't add him) after the duel(If EricMusco accepts).

What about other people who might be there ? Who perhaps want to stream it ? Come on man, you asked the other guy to use common sense, use some yourself.

(I am not trying to make this an impossibility, I am just pointing out the hurdles for this)

What about other people who might be there ? Who perhaps want to stream it ? Come on man, you asked the other guy to use common sense, use some yourself.

When did I tell people to use common sense in this thread?

(I am not trying to make this an impossibility, I am just pointing out the hurdles for this)

I agree, with this statement: "What about other people who might be there ? Who perhaps want to stream it ?"

I have given that some thought, and if EricMusco/BioWare can't find a way around that, then that is understandable.

I believe they have the power to completely change his character's name/appearance as well as cross-referencing his name in everyone's friend's list and then simply removing it. Although, I have no idea what they can/can't do.

I suppose I will find out if EricMusco accepted my challenge when I wait for him in that arena-like area in Outlaw's Den at 11:30PM EST.

I agree, with this statement: "What about other people who might be there ? Who perhaps want to stream it ?"

I have given that some thought, and if EricMusco/BioWare can't find a way around that, then that is understandable.

I believe they have the power to completely change his character's name/appearance as well as cross-referencing his name in everyone's friend's list and then simply removing it. Although, I have no idea what they can/can't do.

I suppose I will find out if EricMusco accepted my challenge when I wait for him in that arena-like area in Outlaw's Den at 11:30PM EST.

I really hope we get to do this at one time, I would love the idea to kick to some dev *** :rak_03:

Well, EricMusco is obviously not doing it right if he needs to look at his keyboard.

True in either case I suppose.

Unless you don't use a keyboard at all because you believe it's a medieval torture device that was never designed for gaming (and really wasn't even designed for typing either- it was designed to slow down your typing, look this up if you like).

Still, you probably shouldn't be looking at whatever it is you have your hand on, yeah.

True in either case I suppose.

Unless you don't use a keyboard at all because you believe it's a medieval torture device that was never designed for gaming (and really wasn't even designed for typing either- it was designed to slow down your typing, look this up if you like).

Still, you probably shouldn't be looking at whatever it is you have your hand on, yeah.

I am prepared to help EricMusco become a better PvPer. :)

After reading this Dev Post, I have decided to teach EricMusco a thing or two about memorization in PvP.

11:30PM Eastern Time Zone, Prophecy of The Five. My Scoundrel will be waiting for you in Outlaw's Den(In that arena-type area).

1v1 tonight.

He can't. No developer can accept this challenge. They are prevented by their employer from revealing they are employees ingame.

He will not show up as that means his character will be known by everyone in game, and they forbidden to disclose that.

Yeah, I know this thread is all tongue-in-cheek, but fact is, if an employee of an MMO's identity is revealed outside of friends, they are forced to move to another server and rename. That's just the way it goes.

He can't. No developer can accept this challenge. They are prevented by their employer from revealing they are employees ingame.

I don't know if they are able to or not able to, however I updated the OP and added "Or the PTS" if it is a problem, so now this thread is perfectly valid.

Eric actually told me in person at the LA cantina event, but this is a long known fact as I have several friends who work for a Blizzard and the same policy exists.

Very odd, but i won't challenge your statement. I say odd because I have played with Devs in the following games:

Everquest

Final Fantasy XI

EvE Online

LOTRO

Conan

SWG

Fallen Earth

DAOC

Rift

Edited by Klarick