Dark Council quest BUG "darth title"

Leuk

Maybe SPOLIERS. (not really)

I have the quest where at the end I head back to Dromund Kaas and after you finish the quest in Korriban with the dark council. When I head into Thanaton's studies, the cutscene starts, and about in the middle, the cutscene just ends. No quest completion, no anything, its like i pressed the 'esc' button while watching the cutscene. I tried the quest many many times, still cant get it to finish the cutscene.

please help! or fix this damn bug!!!!

Same here.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Broken for me, as well. I went to Drummond Kaas, talked to my ghosts.. got the quest completion, but no title. I do have a empty title in my drop down listing. When I select this empty title, I no longer have a name displayed in the game.

This.

whether there's a patch on the test server or not, I'm adding my 2 cents here:

This bug probably was something that was known in the beta already. I'm very disappointed that something that EVERY inquisitor is looking forward to big time hasn't been fixed until now.

Makes Bioware look like amateurs some of these bugs that are popping up.

Game's been out for just under 2 weeks, which also happened to contain Christmas week. EA's bad for pushing for a release just before Christmas, but seriously, lets have some patience. Bioware's already fixed the actually gamebreaking bug of the Taris memory leak. You not being able to put "Darth" in front of your name is comparatively quite low priority for the fix list. Relax, take a break, spend some time with your family, and realize it's not the end of the world if you can't use that title for another couple weeks, or even another month or so if it takes that long to get to. If you can't finish the quest, that's a bit more pressing, since you need that for Ilum dailies, but I have a feeling that'll get fixed sooner rather than later. Just be patient, please.

Edited by Daellia

Game's been out for just under 2 weeks, which also happened to contain Christmas week. EA's bad for pushing for a release just before Christmas, but seriously, lets have some patience. Bioware's already fixed the actually gamebreaking bug of the Taris memory leak. You not being able to put "Darth" in front of your name is comparatively quite low priority for the fix list. Relax, take a break, spend some time with your family, and realize it's not the end of the world if you can't use that title for another couple weeks, or even another month or so if it takes that long to get to. If you can't finish the quest, that's a bit more pressing, since you need that for Ilum dailies, but I have a feeling that'll get fixed sooner rather than later. Just be patient, please.

I was mad, until I read this, you're right Daellia. It is frustrating to finish such an epic quest line and not get the reward in the end, however I am sure it will be fixed soon and there are many other bugs that are more troublesome than this one. Still, I can't wait to have my rightful title!

Broken for me, as well. I went to Drummond Kaas, talked to my ghosts.. got the quest completion, but no title. I do have a empty title in my drop down listing. When I select this empty title, I no longer have a name displayed in the game.

That's the best feature in the game. I mean enemies don't see you from afar, and I as an assassin prefer to not have a name at all. Why should my enemies know my name before they die?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT

But then again if you reading this post you know the story ;)

Anyway, I killed Thanaton, was given his seat by the Dark Council, went to Dromund Kaas as per quest, but on arrival, cannot enter his Meditating chamber.. it zoned out for me. Quest log says I should go there, deffo a bug... Bioware, c'mon earn some of that revenue us punters are paying you and fix it.

• 1 month later...
please tell me this is not the case with every toons end class mission. i have a jedi and its just not possible to complete so i started a new toon and now that i am at 50 i can't finish or its bugged ...please tell me that is not the case .i i will cancel bioware so fast it will make their head spin if it is

Lol I always get a good chuckle at people who threaten cancelation. My guild started an online petition that had over 5000 signatures reflecting people who would cancel during the days of S

WG if NGE went live, presenting it properly to the company and everything. Do you think with proof of that many cancelations it even made them hesitate. Nope. NGE went live we all canceled...

Point being you can come at them with a valid arguement and the company your fighting is still going to do what they beleive to be in their best interests.

QQ less, wait for the patch to fix the problem hits and enjoy the many other qualities and quests the game has to offer in the meantime.

Maybe SPOLIERS. (not really)

I have the quest where at the end I head back to Dromund Kaas and after you finish the quest in Korriban with the dark council. When I head into Thanaton's studies, the cutscene starts, and about in the middle, the cutscene just ends. No quest completion, no anything, its like i pressed the 'esc' button while watching the cutscene. I tried the quest many many times, still cant get it to finish the cutscene.

please help! or fix this damn bug!!!!

This isn't a bug.. you can't get the title until level 50. That's all! So level up!

• 1 year later...