I miss Star Wars Galaxies :(

GolgoThirteen

My First MMO as well, loved that game more than I loved caked (at the time!) and I left my Jedi sitting outside his house looking at a Tatooine sunset. Memories, ran my guild's city for a while, watched everyone vanish after the NGE game in but still persevered and played the game for about 4 years all in all.

I miss strip mining all the best minerals, I miss my own houses, I miss nothing about the NGE. It's a shame they tried to make it into WoW in space, there was no need it had all it's own charm they should have focused on content and expansion rather than completely changing the game.

Well, all that said, thanks for the Memories, I will miss my Jedi, my Armour shop, my Resource shop, my town, the feeling of community and the thrill of discovery when you head into a house that's been expertly decorated!

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just miss the open world, the real PVP, the meaningful guilds, guild houses, the entire crafting system and economy, hanging out in cantinas, and unique class combos. That's all. :)

I miss this as well:)

Edit: but more importantly I miss the people I played the game with. Had a greta bunch of peeps in the guild I was in

Edited by Tiberians

I miss this as well:)

Edit: but more importantly I miss the people I played the game with. Had a greta bunch of peeps in the guild I was in

Yeah that too. Kind of amazing how playerbase in MMOs in the past had less douchebags, and more friendly people.

Sure there were bad people, but I think I've met just 4 from what I remember. But thats it. Aside from guild also, I had full friend list lol... While right now 90% of the MMO games population is just brat kids or elitists.

SWG sucked and all of you know it. It was a poor excuse for a game. You all just have nostalgia for it if you could play it right now you would get on realize how bad it is.

SWG was a bad relationship that you miss it when it's over regardless but when you're back together you realize how much better life is without that person in your life and you can find something better.

SWG was no innovative for me DAOC and Ultima Online are true mmos that should be missed not SWG.

Edited by Ashliet

SWG sucked and all of you know it. It was a poor excuse for a game. You all just have nostalgia for it if you could play it right now you would get on realize how bad it is.

SWG was a bad relationship that you miss it when it's over regardless but when you're back together you realize how much better life is without that person in your life and you can find something better.

SWG was no innovative for me DAOC and Ultima Online are true mmos that should be missed not SWG.

Yeah well that is your opinion, not fact, and if I look through this thread your opinion is not shared by a lot of people.

SWG had it faults, but picture this, add all the content and cities from SWTOR to the open world/planets of SWG, with the crafting also mixed and include the player cities and housing with the decoration options SWG had, then this would be a reall killer MMORPG.

Yeah well that is your opinion, not fact, and if I look through this thread your opinion is not shared by a lot of people.

NO IT IS A FACT!!! If it wasn't nostalgia you would be there right now playing it

Except the fact is YOU CAN PLAY IT RIGHT NOW!!!

http://site.swgemu.com/forums/index.php

http://www.swgemu.org/

If you really loved it so much then go play the Free emulated version. They could use more people to help build the community and work on the game.

People need to put their money where their mouth is. I am sick of people whining about how great SWG was and how there will never be another game like it or how they would rather play it then SWTOR.

Well there it is go play it or shut up.

I guarantee if you start playing SWG EMU you will be back here with in a week.

Edited by jarjarloves

NO IT IS A FACT!!! If it wasn't nostalgia you would be there right now playing it

Except the fact is YOU CAN PLAY IT RIGHT NOW!!!

http://site.swgemu.com/forums/index.php

http://www.swgemu.org/

If you really loved it so much then go play the Free emulated version. They could use more people to help build the community and work on the game.

People need to put their money where their mouth is. I am sick of people whining about how great SWG was and how there will never be another game like it or how they would rather play it then SWTOR.

Well there it is go play it or shut up.

I guarantee if you start playing SWG EMU you will be back here with in a week.

Ehm no it is NOT FACT, it is YOUR opinion, and I have played the EMU version and it is no where near finished, a lot of stuff is not working, and there is a lot of lagg, I could not even shoot some low level mobs because of the lagg, so get your facts straight before you attack someone because they only share their opinion about something.

The official SWG had alot of cool features, and if the game would still be online, I would still be playing it.

But I like SWTOR, and I know it's a differend kind of MMORPG, but it is Starwars, and it's kinda difficult to not compare them to each other, and if bioware would decide to add some of the features of SWG, SWTOR would offer something that no other MMORPG has at this moment. I don't get why a more sandbox kind of MMORPG could not have the content SWTOR has at the moment.

Ehm no it is NOT FACT, it is YOUR opinion, and I have played the EMU version and it is no where near finished, a lot of stuff is not working, and there is a lot of lagg, I could not even shoot some low level mobs because of the lagg, so get your facts straight before you attack someone because they only share their opinion about something.

The official SWG had alot of cool features, and if the game would still be online, I would still be playing it.

But I like SWTOR, and I know it's a differend kind of MMORPG, but it is Starwars, and it's kinda difficult to not compare them to each other, and if bioware would decide to add some of the features of SWG, SWTOR would offer something that no other MMORPG has at this moment. I don't get why a more sandbox kind of MMORPG could not have the content SWTOR has at the moment.

rofl nope thats still a FACT

The lag you speak of existed in SWG especially at launch.

If you love the game so much go help them out otherwise stop complaining about it not being around any more.

If SWG was so great. Why did nobody play it?

because people are lazy and want to be led around by the nose and told where to go and what to do. SWG was never designed to be "that game" it was a game for people who enjoyed building a house or a city or a shop to sell weapon armor pets or whatever to other players. it was a game in which you could make a name for yourself not only thru combat but thru crafting or entertaining. i ran a shop with a friend of mine and it was great to meet all the players while hanging out and have them recognize me from the shop they had bought stuff from.

it was a more elegant game for a more civilized day :) it will be missed

I miss SWG a little. I was not fortunate enough to really get into it as I was in college and they blocked this content on their network during my freshman year... :(

I enjoyed it a lot after i was a part of a guild. Like a lot of people have said, owning a house and being a part of user created town was AWESOME! I wish they could add this stuff to TOR.

I have to keep reminding myself the TORis still VERY young and has much room to grow and keep the game alive and growing. I just hope people will stick around after their free 30 days expire. I know i will.

because people are lazy and want to be led around by the nose and told where to go and what to do. SWG was never designed to be "that game" it was a game for people who enjoyed building a house or a city or a shop to sell weapon armor pets or whatever to other players. it was a game in which you could make a name for yourself not only thru combat but thru crafting or entertaining. i ran a shop with a friend of mine and it was great to meet all the players while hanging out and have them recognize me from the shop they had bought stuff from.

Amen. I hope something similiar comes out some day... Too bad LucasArts never listens to its community.

couldn't say it better my self.

rofl nope thats still a FACT

The lag you speak of existed in SWG especially at launch.

If you love the game so much go help them out otherwise stop complaining about it not being around any more.

rofl lol nope is not fact rofl lol kthxbye

Sorry, thought I needed to speak a language you might better understand to get my point across. :rolleyes:

I never had the chance to play SWG myself, and as I'm not a huge MMO fan, I always looked at it with some perplexity.

Just days before ToR launched I read the news about the SWG closure, and I'm trying to get some opinion on that game too.

I'm liking ToR really much (for an MMO) as I love Bioware games (think they create the best RPGs nowadays), but reading all these posts makes me think it was more of a hybrid between a modern MMO and Second Life, with many chances to have your avatar perform many social actions like housing, hanging out and fighting in a more "realistic" way.

These are some options I'd really like to have in ToR as they can deepen the game a lot.

Anyway, I can see many differences on how the game is perceived by modern players and will understand if these elements won't be implemented in ToR.

Edited by Kalyth

The term your looking for is heretic by the way, and I disagree I played both and the pre-CU was a total grind fest and was a pain in the *** the NGE brought better changes and made it more entertaining, most ppl who hate the NGE are just pissed off cuz the game changed, if you don't like change I feel sorry for you because every day the world changes and you must be in constant pain.

NGE brought changes that's for sure. and the changes was huge. What they basicly did was take the entire class system we had that was based on skill boxes and throw it in the trash and replace it with a level system known from WoW. They also a majority of professions that made SWG unique to anything else on the market at that time. I do like changes, what I don't like is changes that totally changes the whole way a game was meant to be played over night. NGE didn't give us a warning about what was coming, SOE kept NGE a secret and said it would be coming some awesome new changes to SWG. NGE destroyed everything that was unique about the game and made it into a poorly done clone of WoW. That is the one and only thing I truly hate about NGE is that they took a fun sandbox game and turned it into a Theme park MMO wannabe. In the gaming industry it's a well established fact that SOE screwed up on NGE, NGE was in many ways the final nail in the coffin and the game lost lots of subscribers. It was on life support after that with only a very few active servers. The way SOE implemented NGE has also been used as an example on how not to treat your customers by numerous magazines and online sites that have writtena bout it afterwards.

Pre CU was a grind fest if you allowed it to be a grind fest. I could easy regrind my whole character in matters of hours and days if I wanted to, or I could do it the heavy solo way and it would take weeks. Pre CU was far from perfect as balance was a word unknown in the concept of Pre-CU, but it also made the game unpredictable and fun.

rofl lol nope is not fact rofl lol kthxbye

Sorry, thought I needed to speak a language you might better understand to get my point across. :rolleyes:

Seriously if you miss it so much and it was so great THEN WHY DON"T YOU PLAY IT RIGHT NOW!!!

It still exists and it is free.

The game for the longest time suffered from a ton of bugs and lag that is a fact.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2008/06/26/a-star-wars-galaxies-history-lesson-from-launch-to-the-nge/

The bugs that plauged the game existed for a very very long time and if you played SWG pre CU then you would know about them unless you are looking back with rose colored glasses.

There is a reason the game was bleeding subs before the CU.

But again if you liked it so much then why are you not playing it?

Seriously if you miss it so much and it was so great THEN WHY DON"T YOU PLAY IT RIGHT NOW!!!

The game for the longest time suffered from a ton of bugs and lag that is a fact.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2008/06/26/a-star-wars-galaxies-history-lesson-from-launch-to-the-nge/

The bugs that plauged the game existed for a very very long time and if you played SWG pre CU then you would know about them unless you are looking back with rose colored glasses.

Rubberbanding existe until the very final day. SOE suck

Yeah yeah, bla bla bla, ZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZ your repeating yourself, and it is getting pretty boring, move along now, and let us SWG geeks share our thoughts, I don't get why you are still here replying on this thread when clearly you dislike SWG, go troll some other thread. You are a good example of someone who does not really get it.

And ignored :csw_jabbapet:

Edited by Nassus

Yeah yeah, bla bla bla, ZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZ your repeating yourself, and it is getting pretty boring, move along now, and let us SWG geeks share our thoughts, I don't get why you are still here replying on this thread when clearly you dislike SWG, go troll some other thread. You are a good example of someone who does not really get it.

And ignored :csw_jabbapet:

again if you like it so much why are you not playing it???? You can play it FOR FREE RIGHT NOW!!

I'm still replying in this thread because not a single person who said they love SWG and wish they could play it can answer the simple question of why are you not playing it right now.

SWG is free to play. Right this very second.