Unresponsive Controls Due to Rapid Keypresses

sabresandiego

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to chime in to say this has to be fixed or we wont see many players in 6 months time. I understand wanting to play nice animations for attacks to make the game feel more cinematic. Unfortunately it has the effect (for me anyway, ymmw) of breaking immersion and connection with your avatar - fix please?

Esc > Preferences > Combat > Ability Que Window, that'll help with some of it. If you have any other issues after it'll probably fixed since it's a re occuring issue with some classes. Minor but it's there.

Esc > Preferences > Combat > Ability Que Window, that'll help with some of it. If you have any other issues after it'll probably fixed since it's a re occuring issue with some classes. Minor but it's there.

It's not that. When I use back blast the damage comes in at the end of the global/animation not when I press the button. So in that 1.5 seconds said Target can be healed or run out of line of sight. It has nothing to do with the Que.

Yeah this is quite annoying for me as well. So far i've just been dealing with it hoping something will be done about it soon. I enjoy the game overall but the abilities not going off when i've pressed the button is extremely difficult to swallow for a long time pvp'r...that and the camera snapping around bs. Lack of communication on the dev's part on very well known issues and if they plan to even work on them is also quite frustrating.

I realize the game has just been released but tbh things like these I thought were the whole purpose of having a beta...

Happens with the sniper too.

It really irks me when I am trying to throw a grenade and it ends up looking like I am pump faking a football. My Marauder also stutters on some animations. My Assassin has to be the complete worst of the bunch. :mad:

All things aside, this is the one problem with the game that I consider huge for me. I don't appear to really have the problem on my BH PT, but all other classes I play this really limits my enjoyment of them.

I really hope this issue gets fixed asap. I can wait on things to be added to the game like UI customization, which is more of an inconvenience than it is game breaking, but this issue with animations and finishing skills is completely a game breaker for me. I will definitely be taking this issue into consideration when it comes time to sub beyond the first 30 days.

It's not that. When I use back blast the damage comes in at the end of the global/animation not when I press the button. So in that 1.5 seconds said Target can be healed or run out of line of sight. It has nothing to do with the Que.

No? The damage is instantly applied the second you hit back blast. Just the clean animation goes off slightly later and the numbers pop up after the animation. But the game records the damage the instant you hit the button. If what you said is what people are complaining about it's just a case of people being used to WoWs simple animations and they'll have to get used to it, personally I prefer the nice more complex animations that this game offers.

PS: Test it if you don't believe me.

PSS: Also these are easy things that BioWare can tweak.

Major. Abilities not firing off is a huge problem that Stephen Reid admitted exists.

+1

Playing Sniper now. The poor melee don't stand a chance. I get a billion yd range snipe that is in line with the gcd and cc to slow them...they can't jump to me because I'm in cover...etc...

If they make it to me I should be a all but done. Currently I am able to get my cc off 100% of the time faster than they are, my melee range cc, because they're moving and I'm stationary when they come into range.

Broken. Broken. Broken.

Here is a video of ability jamming. Starting at 0:07.

This occurs on all of my characters, most noticeably on melee characters, and even more noticeably on melee characters with positioning requirement attacks (such as backstab and maul).

Mists of Pandaria may be lame with Pandas and Pokemon, but its gameplay and combat system is exceeding fluid than SWTOR, and that to many people, makes or breaks a game.

If this doesn't get addressed by the end of my free month, I'm out of here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFgyeRFbdo&context=C3d50270ADOEgsToPDskJYu1y-3uG_uWyCstMK7nMz

Edited by jtype_sw

I'm experiencing this issue too. And it seems to be getting worse. Or it has something to do with the more abilities I obtain, then the more obvious the issue becomes. With abilities either taking longer to go off, or not going off at all.

This is especially frustrating during PVP fights. It sometimes make warfronts unplayable.

I play a gunnery spec'd commando, (turret) and while I've noticed this a bit with some of my abilities, I had no idea it affected melee players so much until I watched that video. This would explain why sometimes classes would close with me in warzones and then do that little dance there instead of hitting me. Seems to be a good thing for those of us playing my class, but I understand where the whining on the forums is coming from.

This is probably the only legit whine I've read on these forums for god knows how long, and really needs to be fixed asap. It could easily be defined as gamebreaking, for melee PvP'rs in particular.

That said, I'm sure they must know abut it by now, and are hopefully working on a fix. I just hope its an easy fix, and not some major code thing. I don't know if these kind of mechanics are the type of things that can be easily corrected by software programmers.

"This issue is under active investigation.

The complication is that there are actually a number of different issues with very different causes and potential resolutions lumped together in this thread.

All we can say for now is 'we are actively working on the topic of character responsiveness'."

Georg "Observer" Zoeller

Principal Lead Combat Designer

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=105955

Possibly mentioned already, but disabling skill activation on key press DOWN (however it's phrased in the options) made instant, off the GCD abilities work a lot better. Before this change, they simply would not activate before my current GCD was over.

And no, this is not because I have a habit of holding the keys down for extended durations (so that the GCD expires).

I am playing a Sentinel, with lots of non-GCD spells, and I also have ability queue set to 1.0 seconds.

Here is a video of ability jamming. Starting at 0:07.

This occurs on all of my characters, most noticeably on melee characters, and even more noticeably on melee characters with positioning requirement attacks (such as backstab and maul).

Mists of Pandaria may be lame with Pandas and Pokemon, but its gameplay and combat system is exceeding fluid than SWTOR, and that to many people, makes or breaks a game.

If this doesn't get addressed by the end of my free month, I'm out of here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFgyeRFbdo&context=C3d50270ADOEgsToPDskJYu1y-3uG_uWyCstMK7nMz

Nice video, it illustrates one of the issues very well.

I have really enjoyed this game so far, but the maul ability needs to work in pvp. My assassin doesnt need to twirl this saber like a baton, just a quick thrust will do. Sometimes i get a four second stun on a guy with like a full bar a force and i cant do squat. Also why we're complaining, is there a reason why i get hutball 7 times out of 10, i really enjoy the others so much more.