cool premades bro!

Kratier

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a difference between getting rolled by a premade and getting rolled by a good premade. most people only complain about the good premades. in which case people who complain about premades actually are complaining about good players.

my advice is to just ban all the players that get good that seems legit

i love having absolutely no chance to win a match

You're not as good as you think sorry.

I PUG 100% of my games. I also support premades 100%.

It's just 4 good players / irl friends grouping together.

Here is what it comes down to: Good players beat bad players

/thread

there is a difference between getting rolled by a premade and getting rolled by a good premade. most people only complain about the good premades. in which case people who complain about premades actually are complaining about good players.

my advice is to just ban all the players that get good that seems legit

Yea but you also got to ask yourself is each player in a premade any good by themselves?

The question is, did you manage to break 50k damage/healing/protection or are you one of the horrorshows that drags their team down and that is the reason for wiping all the time ?

Yea but you also got to ask yourself is each player in a premade any good by themselves?

and the answer is YES Seriously people need to stop making excuses for losing. You didn't lose because they were a premade, you didn't lose because they were on voip......you lost because your team was either not as skilled or because you didn't communicate with each other and had no warzone awareness. This holds true in every single loss you ever had.

The Bastion

Rellik - Jenna'syyde - Crackroxx

You're not as good as you think sorry.

I PUG 100% of my games. I also support premades 100%.

It's just 4 good players / irl friends grouping together.

Here is what it comes down to: Good players beat bad players

/thread

Lets be honest and factor in "Vent", "Team Speak" and other voice over communication that help most of these Pre-Made groups, with long time grouping together. Is it really skill or just good coordination???

People on these forums complain about this a awful a lot, just like they did about PvP gear which brought us the wonderful "Bolster" system we have today.

I say let 8 vs 8 be solo exclusive because grouping as a team is what Rank competition is for, other than that Pre-Made groups are farming easy kills, easy wins and its no different than someone spawn camping or killing lowbies.

I have formed multiple groups with friends and I'll be the first to say it is like taking candy from a baby unless you go up against another pre-made group.

Seriously lets be honest here for a moment before you go bash the OP.

Are Pre-Made groups really fair for people who can't nor have the time to play with friends or are freshly new 55's. What are these grouped players afraid of if there was solo exclusive matches?

Edited by Asturias

and the answer is No Seriously people need to stop making excuses for justifying Pre-Made groups in a non-rank setting. You might have lost because they were a premade, you more than likely lost because they were on voip......you definitely lost because your team was new to the 55 bracket, getting farmed by pre-made groups, your the only veteran player on a noob team, not as skilled as your opponents or because you didn't communicate with each other and had no warzone awareness. This holds true in every single loss you ever had.

The Bastion

Rellik - Jenna'syyde - Crackroxx

Fixed it for you..

You seriously made me chuckle when you said All premade players are skilled players, silly you.

Edited by Asturias

are you that marauder with willpower augments and cunning gear that I see so often? or that sniper with total 20k damage in 10 minute voidstar game that kept trash talking in /ops chat how bad our team is and that you didn't win a game in 2 weeks cause of bad luck to sucky pugs against ranked pre made teams?

I never post on the pvp section of the forums , since... well let's face it , it always comes down to nerf this and OP that , so this will probably be the first and last post from me on this part of the forum.

Regarding the premades issue everyone seems to complain about , this is a l2p problem for most players , since 2.0 i pvped 85% of the time solo , and the problem i see in almost all warzones on TOFN on the empire side is people who don't play the objectives ( example : 2 guys go grass in Civil war , they cap the turret and both of em leave for middle and leave it undefended ; ancient hypergate Sorc guards pylon staying 5 meters from the cap point - this just screams : hey im an idiot who doesnt have a clue about stealth caps - keep in mind the person im talking about has a valor rank of 97 so hes been in a few warzone right ? ; and i can keep going )

Now when you are playing with a grup , and the group doesn't even have to be on vent , been grouped up with guys from White Noise without any of use from having voice chat from being on TS or Vent or anything else, just used the party chat for the different color (easier to distinguish what we wanna say to each other ) , and with the coordination from the regular chat we managed to do our job and win the matches.

When i queue solo , even if i say something simple as : voidstar match , round 1 , were the attacking team - all go right side , me and 1 more stealth left , there will always be a sorcerer or a PT or a marauder or whatever non stealth class that has to follow us.

Another example would be me node guarding in Novare , i call : inc 2 , delay de cap for 10 seconds , yelling again inc 3 , delaying again from another 7-8 seconds , until i inevitably have to enter combat , at which point i yell again help East under attack and i get no support from my pug team , then yeah i can understand why people go do wzs in premades .

Such examples are not something that happens rarely , its common , i'd say something along the lines of 90% of the pugs , and i can give you examples like the wall of text i create is unbearable , but you get the picture.

My main is a deception assassin and i have been playing this spec since Vanilla Early access , this does not make me some uber pvper , i do both PVP and PVE , and don't even do pvp on a regular basis , so i am considered by my guildies very casual , but what i do know is that i must pay attention to everything that's happening around me in a war-zone , be careful where i stay , know who and when i have to engage , when to take a risk and leave a node unguarded or simply fake leaving a node knowing that the enemy will come there and therefore taking some pressure of another point , focus down the healers and not get goaded into leaving a point unguarded and so on.

At the moment , i can say that if these things would improve and if all the people that were queuing for a war-zone , would take 10 minutes , to browse the stickys posted on this forums section and then apply at least 50% of what's in there , the war-zones would be much more balanced , premades would not farm pugs so much and pvp al around would be more enjoyable.

P.S. : If anyone responds to my post , please take a time to actually read all of it or nothing at all ( and move on ) , it is very frustrating to see some half baked responses , based only on the first sentence from each paragraph

Not that i think it's particulary fun to play good premades but I've come to terms with this game having no matchmaking system.

That said, I'll never understand what people are trying to prove by forming premades at 4 AM when there's hardly enough people to get one game started. So they rather steamroll people in one game and then wait for 45 minutes for the next game, due to the fact that everyone els stopped queueing. Think, people!! Think!

Edited by MidichIorian

Are Pre-Made groups really fair for people who can't nor have the time to play with friends or are freshly new 55's. What are these grouped players afraid of if there was solo exclusive matches?

How you decide to play the game or manage your time is absolutely no concern of mine. I have no sympathy for players that refuse to help themselves and just whine and complain about people playing the game as it was intended. You've got bolster, there is little to no gear gap. You are also capable of forming a team of four, ensuring you have a tank and a healer for instance (not always the case tho). How else can you practice synergy between classes etc? Jumping into ranked? Seriously? Ranked is a whole different ball game compared to 4 man premades.

Better players will beat newbies, premades or not. It is the job of the newbie to learn and improve - hell every player should be trying to improve their game, even the veterans be it - min maxing or working on areas of the game they may be weak in such as assist focus targetting. Many of them do, some of them do not.

So to the question as to whether it is fair or not - Yes it is fair, what is not fair is trying to force people not to group or separate queues (and increase queue times) because your either terrible at the game or refuse to help yourself.

You should be encouraging people to group not punishing those that do, you will never learn to play pvp by being a solo hero, refusing to acknowledge your individual weaknesses and blaming others for playing the game better than you do.

Edited by PloGreen

If there were 2 teams of players of 8 attempting to do a PVE operation, and 1 team consisted of the right amount of tanks, a couple of healers and good dps, while the other team consisted of 8 random players, I wonder which team would get the farthest in the operation?

exactly the same applies to pvp, a well formed premade of average players will beat an equivalent number of good players most of the time unless the good players happen to randomly have a half decent group makeup (i.e. a healer)

I can speak from experience on this as I grouped with 3 other guildies as a tank, and I had lvl50 gear and 2 partisan pvp pieces and my fellow guildies had 90% pve gear. We won 80% of the pug wz we entered, however if we came up against another premade we would lose 80% of the time.

Lets be honest and factor in "Vent", "Team Speak" and other voice over communication that help most of these Pre-Made groups, with long time grouping together. Is it really skill or just good coordination???

People on these forums complain about this a awful a lot, just like they did about PvP gear which brought us the wonderful "Bolster" system we have today.

I say let 8 vs 8 be solo exclusive because grouping as a team is what Rank competition is for, other than that Pre-Made groups are farming easy kills, easy wins and its no different than someone spawn camping or killing lowbies.

I have formed multiple groups with friends and I'll be the first to say it is like taking candy from a baby unless you go up against another pre-made group.

Seriously lets be honest here for a moment before you go bash the OP.

1.) Good coordination is a skill that needs to be practiced, so yeah, in that regard they are more skilled.

2.) People who perform well in premades perform well because they know their class and they know your class.

3.) No one complains about fighting horrible premades, they normally don't even notice they're fighting one until the end.

4.) They probably are better than you

5.) Tell me more about your RP-PvP server :cool:

Post # 31923 on this subject

Fixed it for you..

You seriously made me chuckle when you said All premade players are skilled players, silly you.

All solo queue players are the most skilled players with poor coordination in the game and all players who premade are the least skilled but have great coordination.

Is this statement correct?

Problem: Getting farmed.

Solution: Don't be a vegetable.

I'm more of a fruit guy.

That sounded bad.

Edited by cycao

ancient hypergate Sorc guards pylon staying 5 meters from the cap point - this just screams : hey im an idiot who doesnt have a clue about stealth caps - keep in mind the person im talking about has a valor rank of 97 so hes been in a few warzone right ?

Not sure if "5 meters from the cap point" is exact value. Any lightning-speced sorc (full or hybrid with blind bubble) can guard a pylon standing right on it. And i believe it might be the best position for sorc, because it allows to save a breaker for 2nd cap (if it will happen) and prevent 1st cap with bubble buff unclick. Voila

PS: although sorc shouldn't stand close to pylon, but not on it, because of possibility that bubble won't affect opponent capping the pylon from afar. If this dude was 5m away, he didn't guard properly. Well, sorc has 2 cc breakers, and if both aren't on cd, stealthcap won't work.

So -

1. guarding right on the pylon may be pretty ok (it may even save your breaker, if you recover from first cc while the capper/cappers is/are blinded)

2. guarding several meters away - is bad. Is it smart to do this? Sure not, but let's face it since sorcs have 2 cc breakers this guy can waste his cds whatever way he likes. He still is able to protect the pylon.

PS: other then that I agree with everything you have said

Edited by glocklB
Read the rest stuff

My only concern about the premades is that there's no mechanism to make them fight similarly prepared (even if not in a premade) other players.

I have tried very hard carrying my PUG team up, a lot of times, the difference between the PUG members are just too large. One time we lost 3 turrets to 0, I had 17 medals and the next rep had 8. What more can I do?

I can't get a group of friends, my guild died 2 months ago, all my former friends but 1 have quit and I play one day at 4pm, one day at 8pm, one day at midnight and one day at 2am. Hard to find people to cover such range of hours.

Premade 4 group is expected in unranked, that or a combination of pairs.

Premade 8 rolling pugs is something bad players do when they get tired of losing. They try to excuse it, but most often 6 of the 8 are players that suck individually.

Luckily they often lose to a pug with more than 5 good individual players.

Any good 8 group would be bored farming pugs.

Edited by ErikGW