Penalty to warzone leavers

Darias

Ok this is getting really tiresome. Bioware must do something about it. There exist to many idiots who leave warzones before even start. And don't tell me about stupid things like some they have no good gear etc. We all pass this path no one had gear when lvl up toons so devs MUST bring penalty to all fools who leave warzone's. Like 200-300 remove tokens from inventory plus 1 hour at least debuff so they will not allowed to que again soon.

Bring this penalty so I want after that to see who have the guts to ruin entire groups or no..:mad:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this is getting really tiresome. Bioware must do something about it. There exist to many idiots who leave warzones before even start. And don't tell me about stupid things like some they have no good gear etc. We all pass this path no one had gear when lvl up toons so devs MUST bring penalty to all fools who leave warzone's. Like 200-300 remove tokens from inventory plus 1 hour at least debuff so they will not allowed to que again soon.

Bring this penalty so I want after that to see who have the guts to ruin entire groups or no..:mad:

1 hour debuff plus removal of 200-300 tokens seems way out of line. Look at it this way, the people who quit may be replaced by better players, then your team makes a comeback and you win. Just let it be.

1 hour debuff plus removal of 200-300 tokens seems way out of line. Look at it this way, the people who quit may be replaced by better players, then your team makes a comeback and you win. Just let it be.

Doesn't happen. Is very rare plus not only the group will have max 7 or 6 people but and even better players comes they just leave .No one stay in the middle of warzone except worse players

maybe I wanted to go smoke a cigarette, maybe my friend came over and I don't want to be a dick, maybe I've been grouped with the same people for 3 WZs and I'm sick of them, maybe I'm gonna do whatever the **** i want, and if you don't like it, you can blow me.

maybe I wanted to go smoke a cigarette, maybe my friend came over and I don't want to be a dick, maybe I've been grouped with the same people for 3 WZs and I'm sick of them, maybe I'm gonna do whatever the **** i want, and if you don't like it, you can blow me.

Then go smoke or whatever want to do before you que. No offense but this excuses I have heard them from when the game launch

^ THIS!

Also, when player quit game and uninstall it, there must be penalty -200-300$ must be remove from his credit card to EA account!

Edited by TonyDragonflame

This.

So you be a dick now makes sense :p

This ^^^

Maybe your wife/girlfriend just walked in wearing almost nothing and she wants attention. Definitely time to quit a warzone.

Maybe your Internet sucks or your router needs to be reset.

Maybe your computer vid card flipped out, messing the screen up, and you need to reboot. (Happened to me last night)

If you want to penalize quitters, hand out a couple of free passes per day. Life happens.

Maybe I'm tired of carrying you through war zones, and want to be grouped with competent players.

So you be a dick now makes sense :p

Excuse me for being honest, but the 7 people I'm queued with into a match? I don't know them, they aren't my friends, they could be *********** Eskimos for all I care, and their opinion or happiness means jack **** to me. At least I'm willing to admit it.

If I get queued with someone I like or chat with occasionally (I'm pretty talkative in group queue) I might stay just to help them out, but I am not going to stick around to make 7 jag-offs happy

Doesn't happen. Is very rare plus not only the group will have max 7 or 6 people but and even better players comes they just leave .No one stay in the middle of warzone except worse players

you misunderstand, I'm not offering an excuse, I'm simply trying to explain that neither I nor anyone else gives a ****, quit playing if you don't like it.

Wait, do you pay my sub?

Oh right, no.

It's my time and if my team sucks you are damn right I am not going to waste 15min.

That's why you sit back and let the other team roll over your team so it ends faster and you still get your tokens, XP, credits, valor, and all the guap that finishing a warzone has to offer. That's what I'd do at least.

That's why you sit back and let the other team roll over your team so it ends faster and you still get your tokens, XP, credits, valor, and all the guap that finishing a warzone has to offer. That's what I'd do at least.

I do sometimes to, and in a lot of situations I'll keep playing in a no-win situation, I rarely quit due to rage. But I may quit if I was in the middle of doing something else and it seems more fun, or if I feel like it.

I'm in agreement with the post above who said it was a boon and not a hindrance, I love being able to change my mind and leave a match if I'm not in the mood.

Also in those situations you described, like a hopless no-win game, you're not going to get much in the way of xp or comms.

when they finally match the bads with the bads and the goods with the goods this will no longer be a problem.

Until then I know I cant be bothered to waste more time than needed in bads Wzs. If the team is comprised of muppets its always best to leave and requeue rather than waste 15+ minutes on an unwinnable, unfun WZ where it feels like you vs. the World.

Being a PUG player is basically being the scum of the Earth to EA/Bioware, so you get stuck in backfill zones and are treated as cannon fodder in the queue system, and even when not backfilled into a zone, you stand little chance of having competent teammates.

Until they fix their queue/matchmaking/rewards systems people will quit. period.

And if there was a quitter debuff people would just stop playing entirely im sure. Blame the system. And the bads who refuse to be good. We will never fix the bads, but the system can be fixed ot make playing with them bearable.

Most people are leaving WZs because of the respecc turtle. When deffing, enemy respeccs to 4 heals + 4 tanks, or the like, and you know that you won't be able to achieve one single WZ objective anymore. The WZ is over at that point and there's no reason for wasting more time with it.

when they finally match the bads with the bads and the goods with the goods this will no longer be a problem.

Until then I know I cant be bothered to waste more time than needed in bads Wzs. If the team is comprised of muppets its always best to leave and requeue rather than waste 15+ minutes on an unwinnable, unfun WZ where it feels like you vs. the World.

Being a PUG player is basically being the scum of the Earth to EA/Bioware, so you get stuck in backfill zones and are treated as cannon fodder in the queue system, and even when not backfilled into a zone, you stand little chance of having competent teammates.

Until they fix their queue/matchmaking/rewards systems people will quit. period.

And if there was a quitter debuff people would just stop playing entirely im sure. Blame the system. And the bads who refuse to be good. We will never fix the bads, but the system can be fixed ot make playing with them bearable.

Well I don't think it's as bad as all that, I have fun and I almost always play PuGs, but that doesn't change the fact that some days i have the patience for it, some not, and **** anyone that tries to tell me what to do :cool::cool::cool:

Well I don't think it's as bad as all that, I have fun and I almost always play PuGs, but that doesn't change the fact that some days i have the patience for it, some not, and **** anyone that tries to tell me what to do :cool::cool::cool:

fair enough.

I rarely have the patience for it anymore.

Nor do I have the desire to be in a guild, however, so I generally just PUG and enjoy my one good WZ out of 20 or so I queue for. The other 19, not so much, and some are indeed so bad that i leave and find another.

Ok this is getting really tiresome. Bioware must do something about it. There exist to many idiots who leave warzones before even start....

Some posters above have mentioned some scenarios where they have or might do this. I'll add another, and it's generally the only time I'll do it and it is very calculated, and not a "I don't like so-and-so" or "gearing deficiencies on my team" or any other emotion-inspired action. Specifically, I mean Huttball where I get in and there are a predominance of low-mobility classes (of which my main is also a member). I will remove myself from the match (because from my experience, I know that no one else is going to do it) so that the team has an opportunity to get in a high-mobility class, such as sage, shadow, sentinel, guardian. On my server, if you're playing Republic, you know that the Imperials are going to have 2-3 sorcs and 2-3 warriors minimum. If our team starts with 6+ low mobility types, generally you're screwed.

As a result, if I've decided to leave, it's with ~45 seconds to 1 minute+ left before the match starts. If somehow I get in late (maybe someone else has declined the WZ pop, etc. and then i get it), I will stay because I don't feel there is enough time to get in a replacement in time and up to the door before the WZ starts, thereby defeating the purpose, by gimping them short a player at the beginning.

Note: I won't do this while I'm on one of my high-mobility alts regardless, and I just hope for the best and that there will be at least one other person (hopefully two) who will work with me to play the ball and hopefully it won't be a blowout. Or we might get lucky, but either way, I know I will have to play as aggressively as possible, but with my jumpers and force runners, I know there is a lot more I can do offensively.

Edited by BoushhDC

No.

The playerbase isn't large enough to make a 1 hour debuff sustainable. You would end up with a bunch of players locked out of WZs resulting in inflated queues and unhappy players - both those waiting and those prevented from entering due to the debuff.

I don't get why people complain about other people leaving - it's their choice to do so. This is an MMO, something you play for fun, not something you should have to suffer through, because hey, other people don't want you to quit and think you should stay with them.

Sometimes your team is just awfully penalised, and there is little to no fun in playing said WZ. Am I supposed to sit through it cause you will get mad if I leave? There are loads of reasons why to leave your WZ.

-people not having an Advanced class in the 10-29 bracket

-people absolutely unable to communicate on a minimal level ("why would I have to call an inc, they'll notice we lose the node")

-unbalanced numbers

Alternatively I could have something come up in real life - yes, sacrilege leaving SWTOR for real life. What does one do then if not leave the WZ? AFK in the corner? That damages your team even more than leaving so that someone can replace you.

So no, not a fan of the suggestion. I'd understand it if deserting actually caused damage along the lines of games ending the moment a team starts to lose, but people are rational enough to not leave for silly reasons, and wasted time is a penalty in itself.

Edited by Shakhaar

And don't tell me about stupid things like some they have no good gear etc.

One or two people with 25k hp or less? I'm whatever about that, especially if its a healer. Better than none at all. When the entire team is wearing pve/old gear and are all in the 23k-25khp and I'm the only one fully geared...Ya I'm not staying for that slaughter. I'm not going to torture myself with that because BW refuses to add matchmaking. Instead of blaming the quitters maybe you should blame BW for creating a piss poor queue system where one side gets two premades and the other side has no heals, no tanks and 6/8 of the players don't have pvp gear. ( I have nothing against premades, I'm just saying the lack of matchmaking makes the games completely lopsided 90% of the time.)

We all pass this path no one had gear when lvl up toons so devs

Speak for yourself. Every single one of my 55's was in full pvp gear the minute they hit cap. Only time I've ever been undergeared was at launch when they had the bags and you had zero control over what pieces you could get. Now a days? There is no excuse not to have at least the 4 piece set even if you're a casual player who just did some pvp while leveling. Of course this is why I try to do premades as much as possible to avoid undergeared groups.

MUST bring penalty to all fools who leave warzone's. Like 200-300 remove tokens from inventory plus 1 hour at least debuff so they will not allowed to que again soon.

Yes, please introduce some insane penalty for pvp and watch as the queue turns into a 2 hour wait. You wont have to worry about people quitting warzones as all the pvp players will simply quit the game and go play a superior mmo (because lets face it, most of us stick around and tolerate most of the BS because its a SW game.)