Penalty to warzone leavers

Darias

If you find players often quitting your games then you need to realize that its not them, its you.

That is kinda harsh. I would not blame other people for being 'bad'. everyone has good days and bad days. There are days when i will stomp any and everyone. There are others where i'm distracted, been drinking a little too much, overtired, bored from too many wzs in a row etc..

no, the blame sololy lies with the way the WZs are developed. No matchmaking, not making ranked popular enough to get premades out of regular wzs, allowing premades in regulars wzs, balancing team makeups, imbalances in certain classes making objective oriented pvp boring/pointless, etc.

The biggest blame on bioware though, is the lack of communication from BW to the player-base. To PvP effectively (at the highest level) nowadays, you have to be really hardcore: you have to know how to manipulate bolster, how to gear properly, how to take advantage of questionable skills/programming, etc. This knowledge is not communicated to all the player base, even on the forums. Many players hoard the information to maintain the advantage. Its hard for everyone to get to a really high level of pvp unless your connected/in a large guild/etc..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree something needs to be done.

Other than traitorous dogs I can't understand why people sign and then either don't accept or quit at the start or very early on. It more often than not leaves the team down people and therefore more than likely to get overwhelmed. Which then destroyed moral and end up with people sitting out the fight to guard a rock or something.

If you don't want to PvP don't sign up, if you only want to PvP when you are in a good group with a perfect mix get in pre-mades. Don't make life even harder for the PUGs by getting them to go men down. I think the debuff and cost is too little, I think a 24 hour title they can't remove of cowardly deserter on the top for those that leave or Traitorous dog for those that don't even enter should be added on top.

I am still against against a debuff for leaving. Most players that leave are suck anyway, and I had often enough matches after those losers left. Forcing them to stay, means I cannot get a better player who actually can play, but instead have to keep that loser who might then insult the rest of the team which demotivates players and the performance of the team is going nly more down. So, be happy, that losers can leave when the like, trust me you don't want them to stay around.

That is kinda harsh. I would not blame other people for being 'bad'. everyone has good days and bad days. There are days when i will stomp any and everyone. There are others where i'm distracted, been drinking a little too much, overtired, bored from too many wzs in a row etc..

He's totally correct the one's complaining don't realize there the cause fighting away from node trying to kill that dps instead of the healer. If you have a lot of people leaving your warezone look around at what you are doing chances are your not playing smart and the person that left went and said my god my team all needs helmets for the short bus. While you may think this is fun it is not.

This week I solo queued into an AH. Match started, and all ran in a herd to cap the usual pylon except me and 2 other guys. The herd then loafed around the pylon (no reds there), then made their way to the buff pick up and loafed around it. The other team wasn't great or beating us out of mid, my team just had 5 muppet players™.

I stuck it out most of the 1st round then bailed because they were hardly even playing let alone trying to win. I requeued to avoid those bums, and rejoined them again. That happened again a 2nd time. -.-

On my 3rd requeue the PVP gods showed their trollish nature and I joined the same match... on the opposite team! (10/10) :rak_05:

I confirmed that team wasn't great or aggressive, they were just actually trying, and my former team was just trash by choice. It was fun beating them.

Edited by Joesixxpack

BW already answer about issue.

Their answer simply: no. No penalty. Ever.

So, stop crying, try stop being bad and improve your gameplay, cuz ppl never leave wz with you if you are good.

No people leave warzones the minute they no longer have an advantage. Objectives getting captured with a no call will usually result in a few people leaving or a quick score in huttball.

They mentioned a while ago that they were looking into the possibilities of adding more incentive to stay in warzones but this was a year a go and is probably on the wall of crazy with the rest of the PvP development ideas.

Until they allow for a non-premade queue (or max party of 2 queue) then I reserve the right to bail whenever I see a premade of 2 healers a tank and dps (versus my team which is 8 dps and a tank).

If you got 9 players on your team you ought to stomp them.

BW already answer about issue.

Their answer simply: no. No penalty. Ever.

So, stop crying, try stop being bad and improve your gameplay, cuz ppl never leave wz with you if you are good.

Good summary.

Actually, I enjoy an occasional blowout against me. I like trying to see what I can do, in the face of insurmountable odds. Typically, not much, but it ends up being more then the rest on my team of 'specials'.

Still, after a couple of these match types in the same night, I'm over it.

ppl never leave wz if they are good.

FYP

You won't see good premades/players quit because the beginning of the game went their opponents way. Quitters are nameless noobs that would rather blame their team than admit they need to L2P. They just quit WZs after WZs until they get carried because they suck.

I don't care if someone quits, there is a good chance that a better player replace that guy. I just don't have any respect for those guys, who suck, and don't want to get better. If one guy sucks, but tries his best to get better, he has all my respect and help. If one guy sucks, and is not interested in getting better, and just want to leave WZs until he gets carried to victory, he dosn't have a place in PVP. Put a timer debuff (on his account preferably) like there is in LFG Qs.

Regs are often not that interesting to begin with, let's stop this nonsense where half the other team or your own quits after 2 min.

Edited by iesnbold

There's this thing called botting.

Even without it, the vote to kick system is fundamentally flawed, because it doesn't punish truly terrible/afk players. I can literally, if I choose, sit and be in another window or watch TV 12 feet away while I afk a node...never getting kicked because I'll 'move' every 90 seconds..

Well still, what else can you do if you're guarding and the other team never decides to attack your node? The game doesn't force you to be at attention, but it will kick you if you are afk and not playing when you actually are required to fight back.

The kick system was never designed to legitamitely vote bad players. And that's exactly my point with these complaints about people who leave WZs: there isn't a way to pick and choose your team based on the team's desire. You can't remove bad players for not being competitive enough to compete, so you shouldn't have penalizing repercussions to those who don't want to be on teams that can't compete.

Other than traitorous dogs I can't understand why people sign and then either don't accept or quit at the start or very early on. It more often than not leaves the team down people and therefore more than likely to get overwhelmed. Which then destroyed moral and end up with people sitting out the fight to guard a rock or something.

If you don't want to PvP don't sign up, if you only want to PvP when you are in a good group with a perfect mix get in pre-mades. Don't make life even harder for the PUGs by getting them to go men down. I think the debuff and cost is too little, I think a 24 hour title they can't remove of cowardly deserter on the top for those that leave or Traitorous dog for those that don't even enter should be added on top.

Are you RPing?

People don't leave because they don't want to PvP. People leave because they don't want to PvP with people that feel like they can't depend on, no matter if they are right or wrong in the end. If you are upset about that, you are free to complain all you want to the quitters and etc, but try to understand that your viewpoint is in the minority and is not supported by the devs.

There is balance in PvP like this, and you get 2 types of players that quit:

1) Spazs who leave the minute something goes bad, which are also players that are naturally going to give up at the first sign of failure in the WZ. Doesn't matter if they leave or forced to stay, they're still going to weigh a team down with their negativity.

2) Actually good players who don't want to put up with people ruining the WZs. They have the right to leave, and if those types of players leave, then you will know your team is crap. Which means you are in the same boat as playing 1v8 anyway, instead of 2v8.

So why bother with a system of repercussions when you aren't going to fix the problem anyway? If players can't leave, they'll do their best to speed up a loss or not try at all anyway. Welcome to the unranked que, where at least on my server, wins are defined by the player (and very rarely "team") that carries their anchors best.

Different people are at different stages of PUG PvP.

Most players who've been here since launch or beta will just quit games where the players are hopelessly sabotaging winnable games. Many who have been here since 1.1.5 will often do the same. Many players who arrived this year (2013) and late last year (Summer 2012) seem to still have that newb naiveness.

There is a growing trend within quitter-complaint threads. If you do the correlation you find out one unsurprising thing they all have in common - the people complaining are likely terrible players.

If you find players often quitting your games then you need to realize that its not them, its you.

I have been here since early access and certainly earned my PvP stripes.

I quit WZs when my random group of new players or pure DPS team runs into guild premades of tanks and healers. That is a stomping is progress. Its not even close. Its not worth staying there and I want de-syned from that queue.

Ok, so its the leavers fault because his team is full of bads? Lazy! We dont need a debuff for quitters but a debuff for bads, then things may improve.