Penalty to warzone leavers

Darias

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bioware were to introduce timeout penalties to warzone quitters, there will be no queue pops on pot5 given how widespread and common rage quitters are there.

Ya I transferred there and it is a little ridiculous which is why I'm not completely against a timeout penalty. I see no problem with a 5-10 minute lockout(and even I'd be willing to deal with that to avoid a terrible team), but the guy wanted an hour lockout....That's just absurd.

Ya I transferred there and it is a little ridiculous which is why I'm not completely against a timeout penalty. I see no problem with a 5-10 minute lockout(and even I'd be willing to deal with that to avoid a terrible team), but the guy wanted an hour lockout....That's just absurd.

I could deal with a time lockout of a few minutes.

It takes at least that long to deal with g/f aggro or letting the dog out.

for everyone asking for quitter penalties, how exactly do you justify THAT when there's no option to accept/decline a back fill queue pop?

I don't think a debuff will stop quitting anyway, but it's insane to ask for one without fixing the aforementioned back fill issue first.

There should definitely be a penalty, whether it be a 30 minute ban or an hour or a decrease in valor or something along those lines.

It's really annoying getting thrown into a game where your team is doing poorly and the match is already almost halfway over because some scrub couldn't handle a loss.

It's not fair for people who are queue'd and actually play through the warzones whether it's a win or lose.

There should definitely be a penalty, whether it be a 30 minute ban or an hour or a decrease in valor or something along those lines.

It's really annoying getting thrown into a game where your team is doing poorly and the match is already almost halfway over because some scrub couldn't handle a loss.

It's not fair for people who are queue'd and actually play through the warzones whether it's a win or lose.

1.) No, 30-60 minute lockout is absolutely absurd. I replied to someone else in another thread who had a similar post and I will say the same thing here. Most people will straight up unsubscribe leaving warzone queue's barren with longer wait times than the lockout and the few that stay will just idle in the warzone. So stop asking for that. 5-10 minutes is one thing but an hour is just absurd. Instead of getting mad at the quitters get mad at BW for not adding a checkmark that says "do not queue for warzones in progress." They do it for FP's so why not warzones. Also, matchmaking...this game needs it, badly.

2.) You know whats really not fair? Getting into a match were 6 out of the 8 players have less than 25khp (no pvp gear) and not a single one of them is a healer or a tank and the team on the other side got a double premade (again back to the lack of matchmaking and a lazy queue system).

So ya, I'm definitely not going to stay for that game, and sadly those situations are quite common and you want to add in an hour lockout? Get real. Situations like that the only time I'll ever log in is when I can run a premade myself because I'm not going to bang my head against a wall while being stuck in a game full of bad players who don't bother to save some warzone comms before 55 and get at least SOME pvp gear while having a possible hour long lockout looming over me. Better yet, I'd just unsubscribe and go F2P.

1 hour debuff plus removal of 200-300 tokens seems way out of line. Look at it this way, the people who quit may be replaced by better players, then your team makes a comeback and you win. Just let it be.

You're right, that is way out of line. It should be a 1 week debuff and removal of all tokens.

A combination of stick and carrot to encourage players to do an in game activity is a sensible approach.

At the moment there is very little carrot and no stick to encourage what is blatantly going to be a losing team a couple of minutes in to a 15 minutes long WZ.

I'm afraid that just enjoyment of the game isn't enough anymore, there needs to be hard rewards and penalties to force people to do things. An increasing amount of modern gamers are only happy if they're winning, and won't stick around if they aren't.

Ok this is getting really tiresome. Bioware must do something about it. There exist to many idiots who leave warzones before even start. And don't tell me about stupid things like some they have no good gear etc. We all pass this path no one had gear when lvl up toons so devs MUST bring penalty to all fools who leave warzone's. Like 200-300 remove tokens from inventory plus 1 hour at least debuff so they will not allowed to que again soon.

Bring this penalty so I want after that to see who have the guts to ruin entire groups or no..:mad:

For the people that quit before the game even starts, why penalize them since the game doesn't allow you to choose what you queue for, or the ignore feature doesn't prevent them from being queued with people on their ignore list? Lots of times I see that happen, I just assume they don't like the Warzone they got put in, or they don't want to play with the team they got put with. I've left WZ's at the beginning because the people that pissed me off in a previous match are there in the next match.

For people that leave after a match is started, they are penalized because they forfeit whatever rewards they've already worked up before they left since you don't get Comms, Credits, XP, and Valor until the match ends.

after they introduce a fcking matchmaking system only after that they can put penalties for leaving, u cannot force me play with mentally handicapped pugs that IGNORE marked healers, till then Deal With It Edited by iDraxter

I have to confess that I've recently started to quit WZ. And I would defend to the death my right to do so.

The reason: Horrifically imbalanced classes and teams.

If I come up against an imp premade with three healers - usually two of them OPs - and my team has none, I don't care - I'm leaving. That is not, in any way, a winnable scenario. Same goes for premade, or double premade, V pugs.

And you know what? I wish more people would leave too. I'd like to see WZ actually closing down instead of horrific mismatches taking place where one team simply has no chance of winning.

And If I was forced to stay, I'd just go /dance in the corner. Amounts to the same thing.

Ok this is getting really tiresome. Bioware must do something about it. There exist to many idiots who leave warzones before even start. And don't tell me about stupid things like some they have no good gear etc. We all pass this path no one had gear when lvl up toons so devs MUST bring penalty to all fools who leave warzone's. Like 200-300 remove tokens from inventory plus 1 hour at least debuff so they will not allowed to que again soon.

Bring this penalty so I want after that to see who have the guts to ruin entire groups or no..:mad:

NO very bad suggestion.

Cantforce ppl to do things they dont feel are fun. Instead remove Premades from regular WZs, put them :

Premades vs Premades

PUG vs PUG

I can assure that leaveing ratio will drop with 70-80%

Dont suggest Thos fascist ideas again to force PUGs to get stomped by premades. Since its only PUGs leaving premades fights.

NO very bad suggestion.

Cantforce ppl to do things they dont feel are fun. Instead remove Premades from regular WZs, put them :

Premades vs Premades

PUG vs PUG

I can assure that leaveing ratio will drop with 70-80%

Dont suggest Thos fascist ideas again to force PUGs to get stomped by premades. Since its only PUGs leaving premades fights.

I can assure you that the majority of people I see leaving WZs after they start is not because it's a PuG vs a Premade.

• 4 weeks later...

People leave WZs for a number of possible reaons, and these are the one I can comprehend. (Pardon the suddenly refined language.)

1: They HAVE to leave because they gotta do something more important.

2: Someone forced them to leave.

3: Powerloss or internet died.

4: Bedtime or Lunch/Dinner, or whichever eating time it may be.

5: HAD to shut down the PC/Laptop because it is just to warm to play anything.

6: Any other acceptable reason. Like going for a swim or some family stuff, or friends.

Those are the acceptable reasons. Here are the more negative ones.

1: Bad loser.

2: Unable to handle a lost WZ.

3: 'Allergic' to losses. (something like number 2, but probably more... severe)

4: Unable to play with 'new people'

5: Hate anyone that is worse than them.

6: Thinks he/she is to 'skilled for these guys'

7: Quits because he 'can do it', probably for fun, or doesn't care.

8: Griefing/whining because he dies too much, or just ONCE, which is bad. YOU ARE NOT IMMORTAL!

9: 'Commitment issues', like unable to help his/her team win or at least get decent amount of medals.

10: Probably more reasons than people would like to know or read, so stopping THERE.

As for PENALTIES, one that would be appropriate is reduced valor/PvP Comms/Elite Comms, a % reduction, that lasts until the next daily reset, which is 13:00PM UK time. Leaving a WZ too many times could also result in a ban from WZ Queuing for the rest of the daily time, wether or not you have the PvP Daily and/or Weekly.

Admittedly... I've been roaroing insults at the Republic a few times, so that is bad stuff on my end. So do not let negative experiences with players of either faction make you hate them all for it.

The Penalty to REMOVE comms is wrong, but refusing comms for the daily time is all right. People that keep leaving WZs do not deserve them, and I leave under extremely rare or few circumstances.

THIS is what I think.

EDIT: Also, some people in Warzones are complete and utter mean fools. One proof of such is to drag out on the warzone on purpose just to torment the other team. That is a bit too much to do, I think.

Also, complete removal of all valor and comms is overkill. And an addition to my little penalty suggestion: If someone keep leaving WarZones after the daily reset and the WarZone ban is off, it will end up as a WEEKLY WarZone Queue ban instead. And perhaps, add a feature like in League of Legends - be able to report leaving people or bad people. Admittedly, it could ruin it a lot for some, but those that deserve it should be reported and banned for a few days, or one week - possibly two.

Edited by Balnazaar
Missed a few details

I have to confess that I've recently started to quit WZ. And I would defend to the death my right to do so.

The reason: Horrifically imbalanced classes and teams.

If I come up against an imp premade with three healers - usually two of them OPs - and my team has none, I don't care - I'm leaving. That is not, in any way, a winnable scenario. Same goes for premade, or double premade, V pugs.

And you know what? I wish more people would leave too. I'd like to see WZ actually closing down instead of horrific mismatches taking place where one team simply has no chance of winning.

And If I was forced to stay, I'd just go /dance in the corner. Amounts to the same thing.

I've started the same thing myself. I do not mind losing, or legimately getting stomped. But when i enter a WZ and theres a premade on the other side and 4 people simultaneously leap and vaporize me over and over, i get more fun sitting at the fleet surfing the gtn. Only other time i will leave is when the other team has 2+ op healers and tanks. pointless playing any objective game with those overpowered class combinations around, unless your pug team has the same makeup (which they normally dont).

What about the flip side of this coin?

There are people who will also enter WZs to do their best to weigh teams down, such as the troll Sorc that claims, "I'm RPing as a Jedi" and Force Pulls teammates into the fire traps in Huttball. There are a small minority, but take a step back from that extreme to the lesser:

Players who enters WZs with casual mindsets, playing for fun and not giving a damn about the objective. It is their right to play that way, and by no means do I consider it something that needs intervention from the developers. But if I go into a WZ where someone is going to say, "Hey, chill out" when they will get CC capped on by a stealthie and they can not make a single excuse as to why they couldn't stop the enemy when the longest stun is 6 seconds vs an 8 second window, it is going to cause me great frustration. The worst type of frustration as a competitor is when a loss comes from the single exploitation of a sole player or even a couple of players, which can easily be proven in some cases.

If those types of players are allowed free reign about in the WZs, why would anyone claim that there should be repercussions to players who do not wish to play on teams that are not competitive enough to go against the enemy? Top end PvPers know their own skill set, and most do not need the general populace to reassure their own skill level (some do, with flashing epeens in PvP chat and etc.). With that knowledge, top end PvPers can easily tell who is actually putting forth effort into a WZ and if a team is capable of competing with the enemy's.

And to me, when I look at it with that perspective, I see two options when your team is clearly incapable of competing:

1) Stay and tough out the beating, putting forth the effort to play as an individual without relying on teammates that will not support you enough. The chances are usually low, but sometimes, exceptional players can pull victories out from no where.

2) Leave, and not deal with the frustration of trying to compete with players who do not care about playing objectively as support. This is a game, and sometimes, the fun from overcoming the odds stacked against you is not comparable to the frustration of having to rely on people that you can't depend on.

So if you are going to whine and complain about quitters, then you should understand the difference between players that play for the thrill of competition and the players who play for themselves to have fun. IMO, the selfish crybabies are usually the casuals, who whine and complain about being called out for not putting forth effort into a team based game, selfishly looking at only themselves with the "it's just a game" defense. Both playstyles are supported by the devs, and even if both cause frustrations, they are still justified in playing the game they want to play.

Meaning that PvP is actually balanced, where both sides can get what they want: casual players can play the way they want to in WZs with only the rage of text to keep them from queuing, and competitive players can leave WZs that are lost from the start without penalty in unranked competition. If you intend to add repercussions to one side, then you have to add some to the other as well.

Edited by ZooMzy

I'm currently playing around in TERA somewhat...and they have the 30 min deserter penalty. I'm not high level enough to participate yet, but I'm guessing they just have the afk camper problem...versus the quitter problem.

That's what the kick system in this game is designed to fix. Voting out players is only designed in here to remove afkers because you need all 7 to vote and the person has to be out of combat, otherwise it gets reset.

However, if someone goes to a node and afk camps, then the solution comes in the form of their death. Because then they will get a buff that autokicks you from the WZ called Deserter Detection if it expires.

Reprecusions for leaving a WZ over a video game imo seem to be more of people's attempt to try and chastise certain behavior. Seems a little too self righteous, to demand someone to play the game a certain way such as forcing them to always be at attention if no one is attacking them.

Edited by ZooMzy

That's what the kick system in this game is designed to fix. Voting out players is only designed in here to remove afkers because you need all 7 to vote and the person has to be out of combat, otherwise it gets reset.

However, if someone goes to a node and afk camps, then the solution comes in the form of their death. Because then they will get a buff that autokicks you from the WZ called Deserter Detection if it expires.

Reprecusions for leaving a WZ over a video game imo seem to be more of people's attempt to try and chastise certain behavior. Seems a little too self righteous, to demand someone to play the game a certain way such as forcing them to always be at attention if no one is attacking them.

There's this thing called botting.

Even without it, the vote to kick system is fundamentally flawed, because it doesn't punish truly terrible/afk players. I can literally, if I choose, sit and be in another window or watch TV 12 feet away while I afk a node...never getting kicked because I'll 'move' every 90 seconds..

Edited by islander

Until they allow for a non-premade queue (or max party of 2 queue) then I reserve the right to bail whenever I see a premade of 2 healers a tank and dps (versus my team which is 7 dps and a tank or some random mix of DPS and tanks who just started PvPing). Edited by Arkerus

I used to think the same way - Burn the leaver. Not so anymore. Now I actually derive pleasure when leaving a team of cross-eyed ******* to die. Unless, the game I join are the cross-eyed *******, and there's only a couple of minutes left. I'll stay for the easy commendations. Usually people who leave are the actual decent players, that have a greater insight into what's going on, and that don't have time for losing.

If you don't like leavers now. Try leaving a few baddie games and then see what you think.

I used to think the same way - Burn the leaver. Not so anymore. Now I actually derive pleasure when leaving a team of cross-eyed ******* to die. Unless, the game I join are the cross-eyed *******, and there's only a couple of minutes left. I'll stay for the easy commendations. Usually people who leave are the actual decent players, that have a greater insight into what's going on, and that don't have time for losing.

If you don't like leavers now. Try leaving a few baddie games and then see what you think.

Different people are at different stages of PUG PvP.

Most players who've been here since launch or beta will just quit games where the players are hopelessly sabotaging winnable games. Many who have been here since 1.1.5 will often do the same. Many players who arrived this year (2013) and late last year (Summer 2012) seem to still have that newb naiveness.

There is a growing trend within quitter-complaint threads. If you do the correlation you find out one unsurprising thing they all have in common - the people complaining are likely terrible players.

If you find players often quitting your games then you need to realize that its not them, its you.

i'd rather have people leave wz and be replaced by motivated players than having them stick around semi or totally afk because they don't want a debuff. A leaving penalty would negatively impact pvp imo.

I have no problem leaving a wz when, after having tried hard, I see that my teammates are terrible and/or are not even trying. However, if I see that my teammates are doing a decent effort, even if we are losing, I will stay.

Edited by Pathlight-