Gamebreaker: "Bioware gives us ****"

Ayelinna

The Republic Episode 145 from Gamebreaker.

Gary and Laura both agree that the 500cc situation was lazy on Biowares part, they too wanted something unique (let me guess, they're "special snowflakes" too?) so yeah you can laugh at them too as well as me.

Probably one of my favourite episodes from Gamebreaker...they more episodes they make, it seems each time they get more and more annoyed with the game and Bioware.

They also comment on the cash grab feature of paying 10cc for the 10th Anniversary celebrations... Laura suggested they should get it for free and Larry called it "nickle and diming us, literally".

But well worth a watch everybody.

Oh, it's Gamebreaker. I didn't even need to finish reading your post to know what was going on. Not sure why they spend so much time talking about a game they clearly hate.....:rolleyes:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if a couple of dudes went to all the bother and expense of making a high-quality video and paying all the money it costs to distribute it on youtube, they must be on to something.

Doesnt matter who see's the video, they still get the money from their sponsors lol

Doesnt matter who see's the video, they still get the money from their sponsors lol

It matters who (as in "how many") see it, if they in fact they do get sponsorship money (which I doubt, but, hey, who knows?).

And getting money from sponsors (again assuming they so) does not alter the fact that they are just posting their opinions. There is no objective definition of "cash-grab."

Edited by branmakmuffin

You DO NOT talk about how the game can be improved in your view.

ALL you do is spit venom about how bad the game is and how bad EAWare are...there is a huge difference :)

Driz

You're right Driz. Ayelinna, all you are doing is telling us what you hate about the game, and that only brings arguments to the forums, not a "conversation" as you previously said. I have been subbed since day 1 and I have NO problems whatsoever with Bioware charging people 10cc for a title. It's not that expensive to get so I don't see what you and the other naysayers are complaining about. You can't have this game EXACTLY the way you want. Besides, I never see anyone complaining about this stuff anywhere on the fleet.

Hi, this is an interesting post. I should point out that both Laura and I do play the game everyday. We still think the game is great in many ways. But every once in awhile, there comes a time when we believe the decisions made by BioWare don't jibe with what we consider good game development. Unfortunately, these poor decisions have been more frequent as of late.

As for this specific episode, I did not agree with Laura and Gary regarding the extra 500 CC. I think it was fine; however, I can see their point. If a person gives you a gift, it shows that he cares more if that gift was something unique to you instead of a gift certificate, for example. BioWare granting subscribers 500 CCs is similar to giving a gift certificate. For me, I don't mind a gift certificate.

Now back to your regularly scheduled forum discussion...

As for this specific episode, I did not agree with Laura and Gary regarding the extra 500 CC. I think it was fine; however, I can see their point. If a person gives you a gift, it shows that he cares more if that gift was something unique to you instead of a gift certificate, for example. BioWare granting subscribers 500 CCs is similar to giving a gift certificate. For me, I don't mind a gift certificate.

That was my argument as well. I do like getting gift certificates, and I would certainly rather have a gift certificate than, say, a purple stuffed monkey, but when someone can give me a gift that is really memorable and shows that they really know what I like, even one that is not of any particular monetary value, I am much more impressed.

Bioware's argument was that it's simply too hard to figure out what that special thing is when giving one thing to thousands of people, which does make sense. I think they could be a bit more clever in the future though. Maybe a subscriber-only vendor with unique choices, for instance.

Edited by chuixupu

Still blt%^&ng about the 500 extra coins BW gave us on the 4th of July? It was a small token of appreciation made on the 4th of July, not freaking Christmas. Seriously, you are still complaining about this with all the real problems this game has? Out of all the actual things to complain about you focus on extra coins thrown at us subscribers as being cheap and lazy? You also try to use a video a to back you up? Most of us could not care any less what those two have to say.

Stop making threads about this. It is over and done with. Just accept that there was no Christmas in July and Santa didn't deliever that new speeder or special weapon you wanted. You do realize BW did not have to do anything at all to show their appreciation, right? Time to put this to rest and focus on the actual problems with the game. Really, OP, just let freaking go. You look more and more childish with each new thread and post.

Edited by Kilikaa

So I have a few problems with this game, I should just leave it if I don't love and worship it 100%?

I would suggest you have more problems with this game than everyone else put together and that you will NEVER be satisfied with this or any other game. You have a reputation as a complainer with no visible means of support who spends more time complaining on this board than actually playing the game. That means you can be safely ignored because you have nothing substantive to contribute. It's like being subjected to a self-centered whiny loud two-year old. The house seems to quiet and peaceful once Mommy takes her home.

Hi, this is an interesting post. I should point out that both Laura and I do play the game everyday. We still think the game is great in many ways. But every once in awhile, there comes a time when we believe the decisions made by BioWare don't jibe with what we consider good game development. Unfortunately, these poor decisions have been more frequent as of late.

Now back to your regularly scheduled forum discussion...

Hello Larry. Good to see you comment. I like the show and enjoy your commentary.

BTW...hopefully you don't think too poorly of ALL forum members hehe. Some of us try to be constructive.

PS: I would love to you put up a writeup in this forum on your suggestions for improvement to PVP...I'm also one that supports a different rule set in PVP (an assumption that you do based on your comments) that makes all equal and removes the effect of gear, and I think it would be a great suggestion for folks to discuss.

If you decide not to do so I may post it myself. Like the idea.

Edited by LordArtemis

Well, its more fun to talk about the problems and how these problems can be improved compared to telling everbody what I like about the game, it brings no discussion.

except when the problem amounts to complaining that they gave+ you 5 bucks for free it just comes off as entitled whining

Well, to be fair, they are hard pressed to come up with a gift that is "unique to you" for around 500.000 people... Its like a large corporation giving a christmas bonus to their employees. Giving them money and not a sweater with the company logo on it would be better recieved in general.

I think I said in some cases a non subscriber pays more. I would bet there are a number that pay more than the $15/month a subscriber pays. Collectively, It's an unknown to us if the non subscribers as a whole pay more than the subscribers, but would be an interesting data point.

As for negative vs. positive feedback, both have pros and cons. As long as the feedback is productive, it has merit.

IMO, the 'feedback' I have seen form the OP in my short time on these forums has been less than productive. In referring to the fragile egos you describe with your post, I think the OP would be on that list.

Oh, I'm sure the number of F2P players spending more than $15 on the market is a number also...but keep in mind that even 0 is a number. ;)

And I agree - feedback needs to be constructive. I don't like "OMG BIOFAIL" posts either, but I try to keep in mind that when a player does start a thread like that, it's generally because something got to them. People seldom rant just to rant (seldom, not never). Getting to the heart of their frustration is what I enjoy doing because generally, they have a valid point to be made...not gracefully, but they still may have a point.

As for the OP, he's new to the forums (I think...?) and although quite often critical, he does have some decent points. You can disagree with the style, but the point remains.

Well, to be fair, they are hard pressed to come up with a gift that is "unique to you" for around 500.000 people... Its like a large corporation giving a christmas bonus to their employees. Giving them money and not a sweater with the company logo on it would be better recieved in general.

I'd agree with this. It was lazy, it was an easy route, but...I honestly can't come up with a better idea given the state of the game.

Eh "ashamed to say" but I agree with her on this topic only !

Bioware you lazy cheapskate ! I beter not find out that you guys put our gift into the next CM packet !!!!:mad:

( that will teach them :p lol who am I kidding ;) )

but I do agree it was extreme cheap gift , sorry miss comedy has a point .

Some people like to recieve money for there birthday , but I rather have a present or nothing at all .

doesn't mean the idea was bad "of the gift" , just the execution was terrible .

But Heck we need more laughters , come aliyena more rants !

Lets do a incite the pitchfork of jersey people speech ;)

Ok, let me put this to you in another way... would you still like that present instead of money for your birthday if everyone else in your extended family got the exact same present on their birthday?

Would it still feel "unique" and "thoughtful" if everyone got the same clock or sweater on their birthday?

Because thats the choice bioware had. Either hand out the same present to 500k subscribers and hope that everyone likes the present or give them money to buy whatever they want instead.

I'd agree with this. It was lazy, it was an easy route, but...I honestly can't come up with a better idea given the state of the game.

Its not lazy and its not really about the state of the game.

Its about the sheer impossibility of giving a "unique" and "thoughtful" present to each and every one of the 500.000 or so subscribers in the game.

You simply cannot please everyone with one gift.

They could have given us all 5 gifts to choose from... but even then there would be people complaining... either that they didnt like any of the gifts, or that they liked all of them and dont want to have to choose.

Seriously, there is no way to solve it so that everyone is happy.

Or can you suggest a way?

LOL. More often than not, ranters are in fact ranting just to rant., with nothing coherent to say.

We can disagree on that. I take the time to find out what their real complaint is, you brush it aside as a smile rant. Neither of us is wrong, we just differ in how we handle things.

Its not lazy and its not really about the state of the game.

Its about the sheer impossibility of giving a "unique" and "thoughtful" present to each and every one of the 500.000 or so subscribers in the game.

You simply cannot please everyone with one gift.

They could have given us all 5 gifts to choose from... but even then there would be people complaining... either that they didnt like any of the gifts, or that they liked all of them and dont want to have to choose.

Seriously, there is no way to solve it so that everyone is happy.

Or can you suggest a way?

As I stated in the reply you quoted, I honestly can't think of anything better. Although I did like your idea about 5 items to select from...that could have worked imo.

As I stated in the reply you quoted, I honestly can't think of anything better. Although I did like your idea about 5 items to select from...that could have worked imo.

Trust me... Ayelinna would be in here whining about it anyway... either because she didnt like the offered items or because it was unfair that we had to pick only one or because she would have been better off with 500CC so she could pick her own present :p

Seriously though folks. Gamebreaker likes TOR in the same fashion that the Sith Emperor likes Jedi.

You mean they think that its flawed beyond repair and that it really shouldnt exist, but for some reason they cant stop focusing all their effort on it and cant stop talking about it?

You mean like that? :rak_tongue:

You mean they think that its flawed beyond repair and that it really shouldnt exist, but for some reason they cant stop focusing all their effort on it and cant stop talking about it?

You mean like that? :rak_tongue:

...with a loathing.

The monkey journalists at Gamebreaker have as much influence on me as my dead grandmother (bless her heart).

I'll take 500CC any time.

If they don't like it it doesn't make a difference. They don't hold any more clout than anyone else's opinion, good or critical.

Game journalism is still a laughably silly "industry". Nothing actually means anything. Its all opinions with very little factual journalism.

So I have a few problems with this game, I should just leave it if I don't love and worship it 100%?

This is why I mostly stopped trying to help with the game's economy, no one really cares, especially when they benefit from the current games' economy.

So I just play the game until the game dies, while the game is fun to play, the lack of interest in community cooperation makes the game's death unavoidable.

In the end, just play the game while it exists.