Gamebreaker: "Bioware gives us ****"

Ayelinna

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should of been a Kotor anniversary pack, not a title.

Should of been a pack with goodies like.

Carth Onasi's Blaster

HK-47 Customization

Ebon Hawk Mini Pet

Star Forge Mini Pet

T3-M4 Customization (for the JK Droid Companion)

Kotor Republic Trooper/pilot outfit.

Star Map heal item.

Path of Revan(glow effect toy lasts until death or canceled body glows like Revan in the Foundry (at start)

Path of Malak (glow effect toy lasts until death or canceled boy glows like Revan in the Foundry (darkside 50% health or less)

Path of Bastila(glow effect toy lasts until death or cancled body glows like Consular heal ability)

Zaalbar Customization (for Smugglers Wookie)

Rakghoul holo. (makes your character look like a rakghoul)

Baaca's Ceremonial Blade(keshyyk zaalbar quest story item)

Bastila Shan Training Holo Statue

Darth Malak Training Statue

Should of been a Kotor anniversary pack, not a title.

Should of been a pack with goodies like.

Carth Onasi's Blaster

HK-47 Customization

Ebon Hawk Mini Pet

Star Forge Mini Pet

T3-M4 Customization (for the JK Droid Companion)

Kotor Republic Trooper/pilot outfit.

Star Map heal item.

Path of Revan(glow effect toy lasts until death or canceled body glows like Revan in the Foundry (at start)

Path of Malak (glow effect toy lasts until death or canceled boy glows like Revan in the Foundry (darkside 50% health or less)

Path of Bastila(glow effect toy lasts until death or cancled body glows like Consular heal ability)

Zaalbar Customization (for Smugglers Wookie)

Rakghoul holo. (makes your character look like a rakghoul)

Baaca's Ceremonial Blade(keshyyk zaalbar quest story item)

Bastila Shan Training Holo Statue

Darth Malak Training Statue

Awsome ideas! Add in Star Forge robes!

But well worth a watch everybody.

I disagree.

The initial commercial of a full minute, before the "report" even starts was the best of that gamebreaker show in my opinion.

You do not miss anything, if you just not watch this 40 minute vomiting.

I disagree.

The initial commercial of a full minute, before the "report" even starts was the best of that gamebreaker show in my opinion.

You do not miss anything, if you just not watch this 40 minute vomiting.

I couldn't watch past the first minutes. It was too boring in my opinion. But maybe I'm just not used to this kind of entertainment. There are cultural differences after all.

Ayelinna, I just want to say that your sig made my head explode, I love it.

On-topic, sort of anyhoot. If they gave subbers one free Treek no one would complain, NO ONE. They would be praising BW for being generous to subbers. Many cried about HK costing CC for subbers and now they give 1 free Treek and people complain. Well, I don't give a toss about her and much rather spend 500cc on something I *do* care about, like unlocking Eradicator helmet account wide.

The reason they didn't give us anything "special" is because those in charge have told the devs that everything that doesn't directly affect gameplay WILL go to the CM. I can also assure that the suits that made that decision don't care about these forums at all. A dev said as much awhile back, their hands are tied.

Edited by Jandi

On-topic, sort of anyhoot. If they gave subbers one free Treek no one would complain, NO ONE. They would be praising BW for being generous to subbers.

If I got to choose between 500cc that I can spend anyway I want to and a lorebreaking pelt bear for a companion, which I will never use, my choice will at any time be the cc. That way I can at least decide what I buy that I will then never use ;)

You are right though, I wouldn't complain about getting a free Treek, as I in general never complain about getting something for free.

Edited by JPryde

Oh for ****'s sake. I stopped watching their show 3 months ago because it enraged me how negative they always were about the game in a way that doesn't represent the community imho. (At least not my guild). Made me blow a gasket every time I watched it because of the not thought through rubbish they were spewing.

Again... really everyone asking for free stuff?

Has no one considered that 10CC coins is simply because they want to make some people who are FTP and on the fence make that initial small purchase...

Yeah, I watched most of that vid.

All in all, I couldn't care less what those people had to say, it was all pretty pointless.

I was appreiciative of the 500 cc grant, said thanks, bought what I wanted with them and moved on with my life.

Yeah, I watched most of that vid.

All in all, I couldn't care less what those people had to say, it was all pretty pointless.

I was appreiciative of the 500 cc grant, said thanks, bought what I wanted with them and moved on with my life.

As a general statement I think most players feel the same. Its just a very vocal minority that feel the opposite and rely on stuff like this episode of Gamebreaker to somehow validate their tantrums...Gamebreaker lost any credibility as a serious show momths ago...its barely even a professional broadcast these days imo....

As a general statement I think most players feel the same. Its just a very vocal minority that feel the opposite and rely on stuff like this episode of Gamebreaker to somehow validate their tantrums...Gamebreaker lost any credibility as a serious show momths ago...its barely even a professional broadcast these days imo....

When Ed left it became pointless. They're just reiterating patch notes basically these days.

The Republic Episode 145 from Gamebreaker.

Gary and Laura both agree that the 500cc situation was lazy on Biowares part, they too wanted something unique (let me guess, they're "special snowflakes" too?) so yeah you can laugh at them too as well as me.

Probably one of my favourite episodes from Gamebreaker...they more episodes they make, it seems each time they get more and more annoyed with the game and Bioware.

They also comment on the cash grab feature of paying 10cc for the 10th Anniversary celebrations... Laura suggested they should get it for free and Larry called it "nickle and diming us, literally".

But well worth a watch everybody.

So some schmoes who happen to have a podcast actually agree with you.

Well that gives you about 0.000000001% more validation in your opinions...

There were lots of podcasts out there that proclaimed that SW:TOR was rubbish and that it would die within 6 months at launch... they didnt lend any creedence to the people proclaiming the same back then either.

And considering that these guys thought the F2P model was gamebreaking and that bioware were nickel-and-dimeing players gives them even less credability... Since F2P actually saved the game...

lol

These people are a complete joke.

First they complain that not everyone gets the title for free and then they're complaining that it doesn't make sense that so many people will be running around having a "Revan's Heir" title.

Like, seriously, if you have an issue with something at least try not to contradict yourself within the next 30 seconds after your initial complaint.

Edited by TheNahash

As a general statement I think most players feel the same. Its just a very vocal minority that feel the opposite and rely on stuff like this episode of Gamebreaker to somehow validate their tantrums...

Thats what I was thinking..:rolleyes:

It was a pretty good listen.

I have noticed that they have become more critical of the game over time. This didn't seem like harsh criticism, however. It actually seems like a pretty measured reaction, aside from the initial comment.

It also drives home the idea that this probably should not have been framed as the "subscriber appreciation" item. Considering what was going on at the time it was probably poor timing.

I think if this came 6 weeks ago it would have been more positively received.

So as someone who avoids posting but mainly reads the forums I wanted to throw in my two cents.

I'm one of those people who hit the credit purchase cap from swtor.com because I buy so many damn coins. When I saw that the subscription gift was 500 coins I wasn't mad exactly but a bit disappointed. I realize they basically handed 5$ to every subscriber but it feels a bit lazy is all I'm saying, I guess it wasn't exciting for me because I buy so many coins anyway.

I am by no means creative or the best critical thinker but I feel like even giving subs a random cartel pack or a pack with possible hard to get cartel items would be more exciting. It's a touchy thing to get angry over because its free money but at the same time doesn't feel like much effort was thought about it.

That being said the second reason I'm not very thrilled about the coins is to me it's making the game feel more like "SWToR: Cash Shop Edition" instead of making it feel more like a game. Which may sound hypocritical because I do buy so many coins but I guess I'd rather see more effort out towards things that make it feel more like a game instead of a store.

As a general statement I think most players feel the same. Its just a very vocal minority that feel the opposite and rely on stuff like this episode of Gamebreaker to somehow validate their tantrums...

In your own personal opinion. And you call them tantrums? That's very mature of you to say someone is having a tantrum just because you don't agree with them.

Gamebreaker lost any credibility as a serious show momths ago...its barely even a professional broadcast these days imo....

Yeah, in your opinion, which not everyone shares with you.

So some schmoes who happen to have a podcast actually agree with you.

Well that gives you about 0.000000001% more validation in your opinions...

There were lots of podcasts out there that proclaimed that SW:TOR was rubbish and that it would die within 6 months at launch... they didnt lend any creedence to the people proclaiming the same back then either.

And considering that these guys thought the F2P model was gamebreaking and that bioware were nickel-and-dimeing players gives them even less credability... Since F2P actually saved the game...

In your opinion.

Oh for ****'s sake. I stopped watching their show 3 months ago because it enraged me how negative they always were about the game in a way that doesn't represent the community imho. (At least not my guild). Made me blow a gasket every time I watched it because of the not thought through rubbish they were spewing.

Again... really everyone asking for free stuff?

Has no one considered that 10CC coins is simply because they want to make some people who are FTP and on the fence make that initial small purchase...

Well, thats your opinion. And in my opinion, I think the show has some good points, although in recent months each episode has turned a lot more against SWTOR. I don't blame them.