BIOWARE: Feedback Regarding Legacy Levels

Superman_AZ

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not sure what you mean by this.

this round of QQ is to make it clear that bioware is not developing the game people want. the next round will be due to the cartel market focus of the release, and the next round will be the continued lack of communication when they refuse to address the problem (even though we know, this far in advance, that it's a problem). want to save time? fix the game in a way that benefits the people who play the game and not the people making cartel market purchase to bypass the game.

I believe they are...as evidenced by many many posters saying thanks and how much they appreciate the 500 extra CC :)

I think what you meant to type was that a very, very small but vocal minority doesn't want the game the way it is...

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

I don't think that there needs to be anything exclusively provided to the legacy folks. I have always been a proponent of cosmetic differences between a blatant cartel market unlock versus a legacy+credit unlock. Provide the legacy folks something a little different than what is bought through the cash shop, and the nod towards the long time player is satisfied.

Treek for example, the CC unlock can be the standard look, while the legacy+credit unlock is a blonde version (or whatever color the devs decide on). No differences in mechanics, just cosmetic.

I believe they are...as evidenced by many many posters saying thanks and how much they appreciate the 500 extra CC :)

I think what you meant to type was that a very, very small but vocal minority doesn't want the game the way it is...

Driz

no, i was responding to the guy who said QQing now would save time. he implied if one were to QQ now, they would not have to also QQ later. my point was that there will be QQing both now and later, so it doesn't save time.

the cartel coins were a nice gift. they do not address any of the problems brought up with the QQing. some people said they don't want cartel coins to bypass the legacy restriction. i don't think anybody said their reason was because they didn't have an adequate number of cartel coins.

to say they were a nice gift is different from saying they address the concerns posted here. for forum posters to say they appreciate the gift, which is good because it was a nice gift, is different than saying the concerns associated with allowing people to buy their way past in-game mechanics has been solved, or even to suggest this is anything other than bioware ignoring another problem.

No....you didn't have a unique type of weapon....I had the exact same bow caster so it wasn't unique at all...get over yourself :)

Do I support rewards for high legacy achievement? Of course...and I'm only legacy 25 myself btw....speeders, pets, mounts, even armor and weapons would be great....or maybe even a series of holo statues like SWG used to give for 6, 12,18, 24 month subscription anniversarys... Just for legacy levels instead :)

It just annoys me when elitist try and claim they are unique and special when hundreds of thousands of players are running around with the exact same item lol :)

Driz

Where did I say "I" had a unique weapon. I said "we", meaning the players-specifically the people who actually participated in the limited time event. The persons who actually participated in the limited time event had a unique weapon.

People who didn't participate, for whatever reason, complained that it was not fair that they could not have it, and look what is happening.

I don't think that there needs to be anything exclusively provided to the legacy folks. I have always been a proponent of cosmetic differences between a blatant cartel market unlock versus a legacy+credit unlock. Provide the legacy folks something a little different than what is bought through the cash shop, and the nod towards the long time player is satisfied.

Treek for example, the CC unlock can be the standard look, while the legacy+credit unlock is a blonde version (or whatever color the devs decide on). No differences in mechanics, just cosmetic.

DING DING DING

We have our first poster who doesn't want to see ANYTHING exclusive to legacy, someone who wants to have everything in the game, maybe with a different paint job.

The nod toward the long term player should NOT be simply a different paint scheme. There should be something UNIQUE for high level legacies, such as 40 or 50, that CANNOT be bought and can only be EARNED.

If, for example, that is a taun taun mount, then there should be NO other taun taun mounts, not different models or different paint schemes. If someone wants a taun taun, then they can get to legacy 40, or whatever, and earn it.

I've seen countless posts begging for BW to sell imperial trooper armor because it's not fair that only CE owners get access to that armor. The same goes for the new black/yellow dye.

Guess what. There should be some things that are exclusive.

DING DING DING

We have our first poster who doesn't want to see ANYTHING exclusive to legacy, someone who wants to have everything in the game, maybe with a different paint job.

The nod toward the long term player should NOT be simply a different paint scheme. There should be something UNIQUE for high level legacies, such as 40 or 50, that CANNOT be bought and can only be EARNED.

If, for example, that is a taun taun mount, then there should be NO other taun taun mounts, not different models or different paint schemes. If someone wants a taun taun, then they can get to legacy 40, or whatever, and earn it.

I've seen countless posts begging for BW to sell imperial trooper armor because it's not fair that only CE owners get access to that armor. The same goes for the new black/yellow dye.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see unique legacy unlocks, I just know that the way things are going with BW, EA won't give them the resources to do this. So I'm just simplifying my request to honor my legacy achievement with something a little unique. Not something that requires a great amount of dev resources. Just something to show they care.

I know Andryah will come along soon and say that my legacy means absolutely nothing and that any monkey with a pulse and opposable thumbs can get a high level legacy, but it doesn't change the fact that no matter what EA has done to rake us subs over the coals, some of us have stuck with them, and a little nod with a cosmetic change is nothing, and that we have given EA our time AND money over these long months. We would like to see a little nod in our direction.

I know Andryah will come along soon and say that my legacy means absolutely nothing and that any monkey with a pulse and opposable thumbs can get a high level legacy...

You will get that same argument from anyone who has a Legacy 40+ who wants Treek and other items locked to that legacy. In another thread, several of us were referred to as lazy for not having a lvl 40 Legacy. Anyone who has one will use the argument you mention above, they will just use a more substantial phrasing like "put in the effort" and so forth. I think their Legacy SHOULD have a unique identifier or two available to them, but something as trivial as an Ewok has their feathers ruffled.

Which is funny. When I mentioned having other ways to obtain something, the posters saying "don't need exclusives" seem totally fine with there being some exclusives.

Look at Tweek. Thread going on, people saying it's fine not to have it exclusive to Legacy because it's a game. But some of those same posters say, "No, no. Keep it CE only"

How bout Legacy only with credits only. It is not hard to get credits in this game, even with all the money sinks.

Exactly! Why there should be no problem with either Legacy 40+ and Credits OR Legacy 40+ and CC.

The difference between Credits and CC is marginal. The test comes in patience or just lots of playing for Legacy 40.

But is it just a CC option instead of Credits and one still has to be Legacy 40? If that's the case, I don't see what has anyone up in a ruckus about it.

No CC option instead of Credits? Oh! Well then *purchase RNG Packs, sell them on GTN, and then unlock with credits*

See! Silly to get up in arms on a CC over Credits option. The need of Legacy 40 or not (whether for or against) is a different story and one that's a matter of opinion.

It's Treek, not Tweek.

I'm in favor of Bioware giving you your very own exclusive Tweek. Just you.. nobody else. Since you are all "tweeked" about it anyway. :p

I really have no desire for an Ewok companion unless it comes in an X-Wing and says "Yub yub"

I don't hate Ewoks either :p Nor am I Legacy Level 40 :p One can be for something and not have access to it.

I don't know about items, but why not passive bonuses like how the datacrons work? It takes a lot of dedication to raise your legacy level as high as 40+ and it would be kind of cool if you got a +2 stat for each legacy level.

If you're looking at an item. It would have to be something really showy to make a point. For instance I heard a lot of people talking about wanting an animal based mount. Something like that for the 40+ legacy would certainly fall in line with what you're asking. That being said, I have to agree with what a lot of people are saying with CC. It takes the point out of leveling your legacy at all if all your hard work can be so easily circumvented. Having something that can ONLY be achieved by playing the game would make the prize that much more rewarding after all.

Well the most important thing if we add something to the legacy is that you have to reach the legacy level in order to unlock the perks. If that is the case it is absolutely ok to have cartel coins or credits.

Having this option is never bad and should always be in place for most things. But important is, if there are some restrictions to something they shouldn't be bypassed by one of the options. Because the way i see it the cartel coin option is a nice to have for subscribers as they can use their monthly stippend or even buy cc if they are short on credits but the main reason they exist is so f2p players can also buy those perks as some of them cost more than a f2p player can carry.

Things i see on this list are for example:

- Unlock of all Datarons. (For example all datacrons to level 50 for legacy 50 + 1million or legacy 50 + CC per character. Every expansion for 500k or CC each character.)

Reason: Whoever reached legacy 50 has already collected all or at least the necessary datacrons for each class several times.

- Legacy speeder. (Speeder bound to the legacy)

Reason: If it is a nice one you can always send the speeder to your new alt and have a nice one from the beginning.

- Legacy 50 unlock constant double xp. Costs 5million credis or CC for each character.

Reason: Well double xp is not bad and with legacy 50 you already leveled like 5 to 7 toons. So the leveling would be far more easier and immersive in terms of class story if you can ignore the planetary quests at least some times.

Note, legacy level may vary but i think those are things that make the game more attractive to those who support the game for a long time. There may be more things but those are the ones i can think of in less then 5 minutes.

Exactly! Why there should be no problem with either Legacy 40+ and Credits OR Legacy 40+ and CC.

The difference between Credits and CC is marginal. The test comes in patience or just lots of playing for Legacy 40.

But is it just a CC option instead of Credits and one still has to be Legacy 40? If that's the case, I don't see what has anyone up in a ruckus about it.

No CC option instead of Credits? Oh! Well then *purchase RNG Packs, sell them on GTN, and then unlock with credits*

See! Silly to get up in arms on a CC over Credits option. The need of Legacy 40 or not (whether for or against) is a different story and one that's a matter of opinion.

How about no. I have 5 55s TFB NIM ready, do you think those come free? I have been legacy 50 since last August and I got squat. If I get something, i have to use credits for it. I am legacy 50, they are putting a legacy 40 requirement on this Twookie, I am 10 above, don't ask me for a million credits. I constantly maintain 5 level 55s for the highest level of content in the guild, I do not have time to do dailies most of the time. Using the GTN to sell on TOFN is a waste because kiddies price below break even and it is cheaper to buy stuff than actually make it.

I may have already mentioned this, or someone else may have but this would be my suggestions for adjustments to the legacy system.

Love the idea of a 2 point presence boost for each legacy level.

I would also like to see heirloom items, tied to legacy, replace the current legacy bound items you are given.

You would receive one legacy heirloom armor piece token every 10 legacy levels, and one weapon token at level 10 and level 30.

It would be an adaptive item and would level with you. It would be comparable to a blue quality item from level 1 to level 55....but it would also carry presence.

I have other suggestions I have made, like my Legacy Cargo bank feature.

Legacy level has to have some recognition but in any case no legacy level has to limit new player from game play.

So pets, titles, mounts, armor/weapon shells & everything that have different but equal analog in game - will be very good.

Bioware has killed the legacy as they have done everything purchasable via cartel coins :(

As many perks in legacy affect game play ... it is not so bad, as subscriber you have monthly CC stipend ... don't trow it for fluff and you may receive same game play quality of life as someone that play from a year.

I had high hopes for people coming in with ideas for Legacy 40 / 50 exclusive items received for free by in-game mail. Being that high in level should provide some exclusive reward to all characters in that legacy the moment it hits 40, and for each new character added after that.

We've seen ideas like titles, mounts, Legacy gear, and experience bonus for certain elements mentioned, but sadly, I still see people who are more concerned with fighting each other, than making demands of this game to recognize their accomplishments.

Stop fighting each other, and start making suggestions about what WE would like to see this game become and the type of reward that is DESERVED by Legacy Level 40 / 50.

keep on the sunny side there superman. today is the day bioware starts to give a **** and will respond to your inquiries. today is the day in-game rules and mechanics will be respected, and they will no longer offer ways to circumvent the in-game achievements, like high legacy levels, with cartel market purchases. today is the day this game goes back to being a good, enjoyable, and challenging game instead of just an EA retail storefront.

I had high hopes for people coming in with ideas for Legacy 40 / 50 exclusive items received for free by in-game mail. Being that high in level should provide some exclusive reward to all characters in that legacy the moment it hits 40, and for each new character added after that.

We've seen ideas like titles, mounts, Legacy gear, and experience bonus for certain elements mentioned, but sadly, I still see people who are more concerned with fighting each other, than making demands of this game to recognize their accomplishments.

Stop fighting each other, and start making suggestions about what WE would like to see this game become and the type of reward that is DESERVED by Legacy Level 40 / 50.

There was a time when the Devs were excited about their legacy system. That then morphed into Cartel Coins used for legacy unlocks and the cartel market. Now. The cartel market is their passion and the legacy system is only an avenue for that. I don't know that I am mad about it, as this seems to be what is providing a good chunk of the games financing to keep it running. I will say I am disappointed, however; in the abandonment of legacy as a system having any meaning of accomplishment.

You'll have to excuse the blood covered faces of some folks here. You see, they've been beating their head against the wall making suggestions and requests along these lines for far longer than your recent return to the game. They've become a bit jaded and resentful as a result.

Your vitality is refreshing, but it's akin to new guy showing up to a labor camp and shouting "ok, guys! Let's roll up our sleeves and get er done!"

There was a time when the Devs were excited about their legacy system. That then morphed into Cartel Coins used for legacy unlocks and the cartel market. Now. The cartel market is their passion and the legacy system is only an avenue for that. I don't know that I am mad about it, as this seems to be what is providing a good chunk of the games financing to keep it running. I will say I am disappointed, however; in the abandonment of legacy as a system having any meaning of accomplishment.

I agree. I will likely never get to Legacy 40... and am pretty certain 50 is not an option. I spent time playing this weekend and barely went from middle of 5 to middle of 6. So as for having a say in what the reward should be, I don't. But, I do think it is important to vocalize our requests as earnestly and sincerely as possible. I know people with Legacy 40+ have determination to see something through, like this. It's important, now more than ever, to tell them "My Legacy is WORTH something to me, and it should be WORTH something to you too Bioware."

Ask for free unlocks, or bonus XP / gear for alts. Ask for ANYTHING. They need to know the Legacy System is more than just the icing on the cake. It IS the cake.