BIOWARE: Feedback Regarding Legacy Levels

Superman_AZ

Going Free to play and offering a cash market is a mistake in any MMO. WoW seems to be the only one still doing it right. Don't blame players, blame a failed company that now sees all new "content" as new "profit" in their cash market. Don't hate the players... hate the game.

Wow...I finally agree with you!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...I finally agree with you!

This has been my position all along. That said, now that the company has gone down this road, players have but 2 choices:

1) Keep Playing - The model will not change, and the CM will likely grow stronger as content grows weaker over time

or

2) Find another MMO - There are still some sub only MMOs worth trying out. Most of them offer a free 10 days or 20 levels to see if it is something more your speed.

I understand players love the Star Wars franchise, and this game over all has amazing potential. That is why I pay to play. But, anyone who thinks Bioware is going to slaughter their cash cow just to serve the subs steak for dinner, is living with great delusions. Some things may change, even for the better. But, the CM is not going away, and things will only grow worse for those who insist on calling a for-profit company "a cash grab / schemers".

Going Free to play and offering a cash market is a mistake in any MMO. WoW seems to be the only one still doing it right. Don't blame players, blame a failed company that now sees all new "content" as new "profit" in their cash market. Don't hate the players... hate the game.

The players are not blameless in this. BW may have implemented the CM, but it is the PLAYERS who continually come to these forums with cries of "I'll pay real money for this feature" or "let us pay CC's for that feature".

How can anyone say "Don't hate the players... hate the game" when the players are literally begging for things they want to be made available via the CM so they can have them now?

The players are not blameless in this. BW may have implemented the CM, but it is the PLAYERS who continually come to these forums with cries of "I'll pay real money for this feature" or "let us pay CC's for that feature".

How can anyone say "Don't hate the players... hate the game" when the players are literally begging for things they want to be made available via the CM so they can have them now?

Ok... another way...

Who do you hate more (just as an example)? Your sister for doing drugs or the guy on the corner that sold them to her? She wanted drugs. She even got the guy to start selling new kinds of drugs. I'm sure you would be disappointed in your sister, but ultimately, isn't it the guy on the corner selling the stuff the one to blame? If he had been an ice cream vendor instead of a drug dealer, you would not hate him as much as you do right now.

Bioware makes an MMO

That MMO tanks in less than a year

Bioware makes a Cartel Market

That market brings back some players and generates new revenue

Players make suggestions

Bioware listens

If Bioware had been a successful implementer of this MMO, kept it on a sub only platform, and added the CM to use in-game creds instead of real life cash, we would not even be having this argument. You need to blame the game that failed the people, and not the people making the best of a failed game. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but this is how it is... and how it will always be. There is no way to get all those subs back and reverse the cash market. So if the CM is your big hang up, you might want to start shopping for a new MMO.