2.3 looks pretty hot

DarthTHC

Well its just for a little fun. Also I believe that a ewok companion destroying the story is a little bit far.

Considering... (whether you like them or not) they WERE characters present in the original Star Wars trilogy, hence have a well set place in Star Wars lore....

Will I pony up the cash for it? Maybe. But it certainly looks like it would be a fun little companion.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But as for her breaking the storyline, 3000 years is a long time to forget something as one Ewok gone missing.

Yeah, it's just one Ewok, we're already being led to believe that in 3000 years everyone forgot the Chiss not only existed, but were actually PART of the Empire. :cool: And The Chiss all forgot about that too.

Touring through Hoth recently, I was under the impression that the Chiss were not a part of the Empire, but simply "allies", because Empire found that subjugating them would be unreasonably costly.

I have yet to read Thrawn trilogy (not really a fan of ABY era, it gets way to confusing for me with bazillion Palpatine clones and what not :) ), but I guess I will have to rectify that lacking, as people keep insisting that it is a great story.

And well, 3000 year is a very, very long time. Just take our own history, we are really not sure what happened 2000 years ago, yet alone 3000 years. And we can at least assume what happened by looking at "time resistant" records, like stone tablets, etc, while computer memory would be long gone after that time if not refreshed all the time. And the Republic went through some major upheavals during those years, records were lost, planets destroyed, Jedi and Sith rose and fell, reorganizing their Orders after every conflict, etc.

Cartel Bazaar accessible at second floor by taking central elevator... good...

...oh, wait ! What happened to VIP area ?

Nothing, you don't get to the bazaar from there, you get to it from the northern elevator, at least on the Republic fleet.

I don't mind the blend of tank/healer.

He's a she.

It destroys the story. Endor isn't discovered for a very long time. Why the frak to Ewoks think C3P0 is a god if they've been out in the galaxy for over 3,000 years?

It's pandering to a very low common denominator. It's atrocious. It frightens me that this game may be on the same path as WoW implementing Kung Fu Panda + Pokemon.

ONE Ewok in the galaxy isn't exactly a big deal. places DO get visited before their offical discovery after all.

I don't mind the blend of tank/healer.

He's a she.

It destroys the story. Endor isn't discovered for a very long time. Why the frak to Ewoks think C3P0 is a god if they've been out in the galaxy for over 3,000 years?

It's pandering to a very low common denominator. It's atrocious. It frightens me that this game may be on the same path as WoW implementing Kung Fu Panda + Pokemon.

Only one Ewok escapes Endor, and the story (Which others have already explained) is perfectly valid. Its an optional companion, it doesn't effect the main stories of the game in anyway. Its not like adding an Ewok means the game is giving up its moral core.

On a slightly different note, do people still think that the Pandaren (A race which have been lore since WC3, and topped the polls when fans were asked what race they would love added in to the game) were just in to attracted younger players? As for the Pokemon bit . . . well, I will give you that. But as a big fan of Pokemon myself, I don't mind that they added a similar function in to the game :)

Edited by Cyberwoman

ONE Ewok in the galaxy isn't exactly a big deal.

It depends from what you think of Ewoks in the first place.

As for the Pokemon bit . . . well, I will give you that. But as a big fan of Pokemon myself, I don't mind that they added a smiler function in to the game :)

I didn't played WoW, but if my favorite game which has nothing to do with another game like Pokemon (which I played), suddenly added a shameless copy of its concept, even as a mini-game, I would be bothered.

That's like if in a Super Mario game, i suddenly have a F-Zero race. In my opinion, that would be uncalled, and misplaced.

Edited by Altheran

It depends from what you think of Ewoks in the first place.

Perhaps, but even if an Ewok makes you sick to the bone I don't see how one Ewok, which you never have to interact with and only occasionally see around the fleet, is going to be much of a problem.

I didn't played WoW, but if my favorite game which has nothing to do with another game like Pokemon (which I played), suddenly added a shameless copy of its concept, even as a mini-game, I would be bothered.

That's like if in a Super Mario game, i suddenly have a F-Zero race. In my opinion, that would be uncalled, and misplaced.

Its not really a shameless copy though, sorry if I made it sound like it was. They are very similar (In the same way that Pokemon and any monster collecting game is) and the achievements/titles even acknowledges that. I think it was a called-for addition to the game, its added feature that's apart from the usual PVP/PVE endgame stuff. Its a mini game which is fun, and has a bit of depth. Things like that are why I would love it if Pazaak was added to this game one day :)

Edited by Cyberwoman

Well, 2 new FPs on HM are an absolute joke, cleared both with randoms in about 40 mins, I hope it gets revamped or something, damage output on bosses is probably bugged. And that's it for 2.3 PTS, basically, new daily area is not available, new companion is sweet, the convo with him lasts a minute or so, and the new event isn't on PTS.

Nothing special so far; in fact, it's underwhelming.

So, what about that new graphics feature? I noticed some colours are a bit more vibrant ... is that it?

so what i was reading on the test Forum was true? they splited Titans of industry into two? thats lol, just lol.

so what i was reading on the test Forum was true? they splited Titans of industry into two? thats lol, just lol.

Really? Its not like they have used 2 part flashpoints before, is it? :rolleyes:

Boarding Party: Part 1, Foundry: Part 2

Taral V: Part 1, Maelstrom Prison: Part 2

Kaon: Part 1, Lost Island: part 2

Battle of Ilum: Part 1, False Emperor: Part 2

Really? Its not like they have used 2 part flashpoints before, is it? :rolleyes:

Boarding Party: Part 1, Foundry: Part 2

Taral V: Part 1, Maelstrom Prison: Part 2

Kaon: Part 1, Lost Island: part 2

Battle of Ilum: Part 1, False Emperor: Part 2

no they really splited the entire Flashpoint into two, its like if they split False Emperor in two, i just did them, you can clearly see it lol, play it, and you will know what i mean lol

The only thing we knew about Titans of Industry was a vague leak from over a year and a half ago. :rolleyes:

Whether they planned it that way from the start or not, who cares? It makes no difference.

Edited by chuixupu

The only thing we knew about Titans of Industry was a vague leak from over a year and a half ago. :rolleyes:

Whether they planned it that way from the start or not, who cares? It makes no difference.

lol? dude, why split the FP in two? just to say they are releasing two new Flashpoints? wth? if you play it, you will see, its like doing False Emperor:HK the Droid and then False emperor:The Usurper Malgus, where the first you go till HK, then it they place a barrier on the door, you get out, then on the next continue on the other side of the door till malgus, made no sense to me, but whatever, we all knew this was one Flashpoint, to me it kind made it too short, also there is no bonus boss, i guess i was just hoping for another thing on LI level, and expecting Arkanian or underworld tokens to drop in there.

I'm stoked about the new FPs.

Most of the FP's are too long as it is, and it's about time they put in a SM endgame encounter for completely random groups. If you're random group forms up a trinity ~ it will be too easy. But it's good that there is something out there for all the dps players to do when they can't stand waiting in the queue anymore.

If the new FPs don't require healing, that means they are on level of difficulty of Aurora Cannon or Torvix... That's okay, some of the people want that easy content, that can be roflstomped by mindless rush and sheer amount of DPS

But please, BW, don't forget that there are a lot of players, that would like to do group content, that is hard, challenging and require some form of tactical thinking. Something like WoW did with Zul'gurub and Zul'Aman, and you did with Lost Island. Unluckily I'm kind of worried - first you nerfed LI, then you nerfed OPS, even in nightmare mode.... Now we get something easy

Please, not throw another bricks to the building of dumbed down content. And if you can't do something new and challenging, at least give us Nightmare Mode to existing FPs and scale List Island to 55 while removing nerfs.

PLEASE Bioware keep the Flashpoints as it is, ONLY 1 CONVERSATION.

you know what? they should include a option to remove all conversation for people like you, that way everyone would be happy, i for once love the conversations and all, i like seeing if theres diferent responses/reactions(like throwing stuff on malgus xD).

No, we alredy have plenty of those. I want more FPs like black talon. If you don't like convos, find like minded people and skip everything.

oh men youre going to hate what they did to Titans of industry bro, lets say midway the FP ends, cuting all the emotion of going to kill the final boss, then on the second part you start on a different room(on the end of the first one the door is blocked and leads you out therefore ending the "first" FP), you proceed and kill two mini-bosses(like the Rhino thing in LI) and then the final boss which is very well made(the only challenge tbh), honestly i see no reason to split Titans of Indrustry into two FPs, i would love having something like LI again, a big and challenging FP, anyways its not that bad i guess,now that i played it i can see that some people will like it, runing that for Gear will be great, because they are REALLY short, i was just hoping they would be at least targeted for people at 69s, meaning that they would at least drop Arkanian or Underworld gear(for set bonus) but its cool, we got titans of indrustry at least, i just want to watch the story now, since you cant see the story behind the FP yet(the level of Cinematics within the FP is the same as LI) because the new daily area is buged and you cant acess it, lets all hope they tune up the FPs \o/

Edited by Sohaim

On topic - I'm very excited about this update. Since my early kotor times, I have great interest in Czerka corporation, so this is basically the best theme an update could have for me. And the new companion looks great too. I just hope EA won't find a way to screw my happiness up somehow until release.