2.3 looks pretty hot

DarthTHC

On topic - I'm very excited about this update. Since my early kotor times, I have great interest in Czerka corporation, so this is basically the best theme an update could have for me. And the new companion looks great too. I just hope EA won't find a way to screw my happiness up somehow until release.

yeah me too, its been over a year since the last FP, i really enjoy those, looking forward to see what czerka been up to ^^

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious what the rewards will be, most people have looked down on WoW's role-less Scenarios as baby content not worth doing once beyond the initial experience.

When you say most people do you have evidence of this or is it really you and your mate?

Only one Ewok escapes Endor, and the story (Which others have already explained) is perfectly valid. Its an optional companion, it doesn't effect the main stories of the game in anyway. Its not like adding an Ewok means the game is giving up its moral core.

On a slightly different note, do people still think that the Pandaren (A race which have been lore since WC3, and topped the polls when fans were asked what race they would love added in to the game) were just in to attracted younger players? As for the Pokemon bit . . . well, I will give you that. But as a big fan of Pokemon myself, I don't mind that they added a similar function in to the game :)

It's not JUST the Pandas. It's the combination of Pandas with the release of the Monk class in temporal proximity to the movie, "Kung-Fu Panda".

The flashpoints are not "split in two" any more than Taral V/Maelstorm Prison or Battle of Ilum/Flase Emperor are. Playing through one of them is about 20 minutes on Story Mode, which is IMO enough for a flashpoint designed for 2+ players.

I have not been in Hard Mode yet, so I cannot comment of how hard that is, but it should be harder, as it should require the classic party setup.

The flashpoints are not "split in two" any more than Taral V/Maelstorm Prison or Battle of Ilum/Flase Emperor are. Playing through one of them is about 20 minutes on Story Mode, which is IMO enough for a flashpoint designed for 2+ players.

I have not been in Hard Mode yet, so I cannot comment of how hard that is, but it should be harder, as it should require the classic party setup.

thats wrong, did you really play it? those two were originally One(Titans of Industry) anyone that playes it can clearly see it lol, specially how the first part ends abruptly after the Vigilant showing up for a sec lol, and they are much shorter, i cleared the first in under 20 on HM.

Those role-neutral flash points really piqued my interest, and I hope that's exactly what it means - super brain-dead easy mode to see the story. That way, the hard modes can (hopefully!) focus more on the fights and mechanics and we (hopefully!) won't be forced to sit through endless exposition.

Heck, maybe for grins if we're geared enough we could take a companion through those solo. Now THAT could be interesting!

To be fair, the "desirable" was my editorializing. Black + anything that's not lame seems like a desirable color for many, no?

i do hope your first point is true

as for the dyes my only wish is black on black that doesn't cost about 50 million credits on the GTN

Role neutral flashpoints have been needed for ages, I am on a very heavy population level server and even then I face 2-3 hour waits on average (with 8 hours being the record) for flashpoints to pop with my DPS spec bounty hunter or sentinel, but my sorc healer and guardian tank get almost instant pops. I will be able to gear my DPS toons up to the same standard as my tanks and healers have been at for weeks (my DPS toons are 4 pieces short of full verpine/UW gear and by other toons are fully geared and working on KD gear)

thats wrong, did you really play it? those two were originally One(Titans of Industry) anyone that playes it can clearly see it lol, specially how the first part ends abruptly after the Vigilant showing up for a sec lol, and they are much shorter, i cleared the first in under 20 on HM.

"They were originally" you mean from those ancient Patch Notes leaks which have proven to be wrong in many finer details (Varl becoming Makeb, etc)?

I have actually run them, and yes, they are split in two, but no more than Battle off Ilum and False Emperor (you steal an invisible ship, fly it back to base, and you use it to fly to secret space station).

But, I have yet to see if there are any "into" scenes for both, as I have joined always by Group Finder, which skips that.

However, I will grant you that they are shorter, but I think they are not that much shorter than other flashpoints (I think I soloed Battle of Ilum with Healer in 40 minutes, with group it is usually 30 minutes).

Also, from what I read, trash mobs on HM are pretty weak (have not been that yet, not much to test until access to CZ-198 is fixed), just like on SM

"They were originally" you mean from those ancient Patch Notes leaks which have proven to be wrong in many finer details (Varl becoming Makeb, etc)?

I have actually run them, and yes, they are split in two, but no more than Battle off Ilum and False Emperor (you steal an invisible ship, fly it back to base, and you use it to fly to secret space station).

But, I have yet to see if there are any "into" scenes for both, as I have joined always by Group Finder, which skips that.

However, I will grant you that they are shorter, but I think they are not that much shorter than other flashpoints (I think I soloed Battle of Ilum with Healer in 40 minutes, with group it is usually 30 minutes).

Also, from what I read, trash mobs on HM are pretty weak (have not been that yet, not much to test until access to CZ-198 is fixed), just like on SM

first off Battle of ilum is the size of both those FP, you admited that its split but keep making that weak comparison? Battle of ilum happens on Ilum, False Emperor on the Emperor Fortress, Two very different areas, on those Cerzka "FPs" its on the same place, you really see that, plus it makes zero sense for you to down rasmus and get out "oh lets take a drink while vigilant is awakening, we will get back to destroying him later" makes no sense bro, the whole place is going crazy, i also want to see the cinematics but i think there will be nothing for the second, because it makes no sense for the players to leave the facility, stop comparing the other FPs, because those are entire areas, and you only leave when you finish that place, the real boss of Titans Of industry was the Vigilant, i just hope they do not split Imperial Warlord just to claim its two new FPs, and instead they tune it up to LI levels, i also have a small have hope that they will put Titans back together and make it LI Level Flashpoint, it would be AWESOME if they tuned it up to people in 69s, droping either Arkanian Tokens or Verpine gear, and make the new Tier 2 HM FP lv 55, because some people might like 15m FPs, but i did not like what they did to Titans, and when Eric posted that Two Flashpoints were coming, i was thinkg that Titans and Imperial Warlord were coming out, instead we got Titans Splited, also those "old leaks" were pretty much right about most of the stuff missing only Makebs name so far , Titans of Industry was one FP, they splited and thats end of story , all of the proof is there, do you want to see a dev come in here saying the reason for this?(probably to make it easier and faster?), i hardly think that it was intended to be like that(splited), and you can see that by playing the second part which is so freaking fast, also my group cleared that in arkanian gear with no augments at all and some very bad relics, imagine how it will be on live, with people fully augmented with 69s lol, cmon men we could use some new challenge for 4 men content, spliting Titans Of Industry made it too short and trash will always be trash.

Edited by Sohaim

dude they're never going to tune a flashpoint "up to LI levels"

no one did LI

Even on a crappy server like Tomb of Freedon Nadd or a ghost town like the former Basilisk Droid pretty much everyone did LI, so I don't know what you're talking about. In fact, I farmed the place for over a year with randoms on a weekly basis. Maybe one year has really changed people, I guess. LI was never really that hard, I did it on the very first day with some random Russians. We did wipe a couple of times, but we persisted, learned from the mistakes and moved on. God forbid they should ever make an FP again that actually teaches you how to play or punishes you for being bad :rolleyes:

2.3 looks pretty bland ._. I don't know how anyone can compare it to the grandiose 1.2 ... ahhh, 1.2, I'll never forget ye, the only true patch of SWTOR, the only patch worthy of a subscription, and the patch which we will never see again under the aegis of F2P dribble.

Sounds good so far, but I hope the new flashpoints aren't so easy that I can't join one as a healer. If they are really easy, like low level blacktalon/esseles easy, everyone knows that four dps would be the way to go in that case.

Fingers crossed that they thought of that, and it's something different and new.

I hate to be a breaker of bad news, but on Duffy sites, the ''neutral role story mode'' don't seem to look like what people assume.

There is an, BTW, excellent new in 2.3 : we have two new flashpoints centered on Czerka. (This is good, really good). Those FPs have a Hard Mode and a Story Mode that is the said neutral thing.