2.3 looks pretty hot

DarthTHC

I don't mind the blend of tank/healer.

He's a she.

It destroys the story. Endor isn't discovered for a very long time. Why the frak to Ewoks think C3P0 is a god if they've been out in the galaxy for over 3,000 years?

It's pandering to a very low common denominator. It's atrocious. It frightens me that this game may be on the same path as WoW implementing Kung Fu Panda + Pokemon.

Thanks for showing your ignorance. The Pandaren race have long been invented by Blizzard way before Kung Fu Panda ever came out.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for showing your ignorance. The Pandaren race have long been invented by Blizzard way before Kung Fu Panda ever came out.

It wasn't IN THE GAME until this latest release which given the combination of pandas, monks, (Kung-Fu Panda, LDO) and the new pokemon style pet fighting, clearly shows the game is now pandering to children.

It's pandering to a very low common denominator. It's atrocious. It frightens me that this game may be on the same path as WoW implementing Kung Fu Panda + Pokemon.

If they were actually pandering... they would make EWOK a playable race.

This is just a companion, and you have to actually want it to acquire it. Nobody is forcing it upon you. :)

It wasn't IN THE GAME until this latest release which given the combination of pandas, monks, (Kung-Fu Panda, LDO) and the new pokemon style pet fighting, clearly shows the game is now pandering to children.

I'm sorry but i think your blowing this way out of proportion. One optional companion does not mean Bioware is pandering to children.

I can bet you one month after 2.3 launches everyone will be back to whining about the content being boring. :rolleyes:

I bet the day it comes out half of the thread titles will be:

WORST UPDATE EVER!

BIOFAIL what did you now?

Why is my {insert feature/item/etc} broken?

Here's my long boring post about why I'm leaving.

clearly shows the game is now pandering to children.

Now you are just being hyperbolic because you don't like it. You have had a rough couple of days IMO. :)

If they were pandering to children.. Cartel Packs would be dropping gumballs and gummybears.

Now you are just being hyperbolic because you don't like it. You have had a rough couple of days IMO. :)

If they were pandering to children.. Cartel Packs would be dropping gumballs and gummybears.

I want my gumballs and gummybears. Mmmm gummybears.

Just out of interest am I the only one that gives the little gummbears voices when I eat them? Like a "nooooooooo" as they go to their doom? Just me? Oh dear :(

By children I assume you mean Asians? While I see why you would associate those things with children, I think the larger driving force was to encourage their huge and growing Asian pop by putting in things that are prevalent in their culture.

The one thing I have to say I haven't been happy about with the Flashpoint hard modes is the lack of good loot.

You have to kill the bonus boss (or in the new ones, the end boss) to get anything decent.

Story mode should be used for the level 53 blue items. Hard modes should be all about coughing up basic comm gear (level 66 purple) and an arkanian/black market item for the end boss.

From what we have now and what I've read, seems the first few bosses all drop level 53 blue gear, just like the current level 55 hard modes, which I'm sorry, makes no sense to me.

Well, 2 new FPs on HM are an absolute joke, cleared both with randoms in about 40 mins, I hope it gets revamped or something, damage output on bosses is probably bugged. And that's it for 2.3 PTS, basically, new daily area is not available, new companion is sweet, the convo with him lasts a minute or so, and the new event isn't on PTS.

Nothing special so far; in fact, it's underwhelming.

So, what about that new graphics feature? I noticed some colours are a bit more vibrant ... is that it?

The one thing I have to say I haven't been happy about with the Flashpoint hard modes is the lack of good loot.

You have to kill the bonus boss (or in the new ones, the end boss) to get anything decent.

Story mode should be used for the level 53 blue items. Hard modes should be all about coughing up basic comm gear (level 66 purple) and an arkanian/black market item for the end boss.

From what we have now and what I've read, seems the first few bosses all drop level 53 blue gear, just like the current level 55 hard modes, which I'm sorry, makes no sense to me.

Its simple why they want you to do this. They want you to aquire most of your Arkanian/Black Market Gear through Operations not flashpoints

Well, 2 new FPs on HM are an absolute joke, cleared both with randoms in about 40 mins, I hope it gets revamped or something, damage output on bosses is probably bugged. And that's it for 2.3 PTS, basically, new daily area is not available, new companion is sweet, the convo with him lasts a minute or so, and the new event isn't on PTS.

Nothing special so far; in fact, it's underwhelming.

So, what about that new graphics feature? I noticed some colours are a bit more vibrant ... is that it?

Well that didn't take long before the QQ started about 2.3

They have already said that the Bounty Contract Event will not come with 2.3 but it will come a week later

Seriously Andryah? You took part of what I said about WORLD OF WARCRAFT and twisted it to be ABOUT SWTOR?

You're better than that.

Those role-neutral flash points really piqued my interest, and I hope that's exactly what it means - super brain-dead easy mode to see the story. That way, the hard modes can (hopefully!) focus more on the fights and mechanics and we (hopefully!) won't be forced to sit through endless exposition.

Heck, maybe for grins if we're geared enough we could take a companion through those solo. Now THAT could be interesting!

To be fair, the "desirable" was my editorializing. Black + anything that's not lame seems like a desirable color for many, no?

^ I so agree. I don't even care if we don't get great reward, just let us see the story, maybe they could add this to other flashpoint and maybe even operations. I always thought story mode should be dead easy, that even half decedent group with only basic gear could do it, but role neutral works for me. I love to see some of operation get a mode like this, even if reward were lessened.

Between 2 new Flashpoints, daily area, new event and new companion this sure is the meatiest update yet sans ROTHC. Kudos BW!

Yet, this is the first unpaid update in since we got section x more than 6 month ago and the first FPs in over a year and a half. Ohh zero class balance. Who has time for dat? Obliviously not the devs. Or maybe classes are extremely balanced and I have just been imaging that sin tanks are receiving huge spike of damage, only 3 classes are dpsing within 5% output range and merc healers are as powerful as the other 2 healers.

On the positive side, now we have a grand total of 6 HM 55 FPs and 3 dailies (excluding GSI) up from 4 and 2!

Edited by Ottoattack

Yet, this is the first unpaid update in since we got section x more than 6 month ago and the first FPs in over a year and a half. Ohh zero class balance. Who has time for dat? Obliviously not the devs. Or maybe classes are extremely balanced and I have just been imaging that sin tanks are receiving huge spike of damage, only 3 classes are dpsing within 5% output range and merc healers are as powerful as the other 2 healers.

On the positive side, now we have a grand total of 6 HM 55 FPs and 3 dailies (excluding GSI) up from 4 and 2!

Correction there were 5 daily areas not including GSI (which I don't know why you wouldn't include them they are really simple dailies you can get done in 45 mins)

*Makeb

*Section X

*Black Hole

*Belsalvis

*Ilum

Those role-neutral flash points really piqued my interest, and I hope that's exactly what it means - super brain-dead easy mode to see the story. That way, the hard modes can (hopefully!) focus more on the fights and mechanics and we (hopefully!) won't be forced to sit through endless exposition.

Heck, maybe for grins if we're geared enough we could take a companion through those solo. Now THAT could be interesting!

To be fair, the "desirable" was my editorializing. Black + anything that's not lame seems like a desirable color for many, no?

I like the idea of the new moon playing area, and like you, the neutral level modes have me excited too. I'd love to be able to solo thru just to see the story, I don't even care if I got anything major at the end of it, I'd just wanna see the cutscreens. It'd be nice for other people too, cause so many seem to be 'zomg spacebar thru or we'll kick you.' mode. :/

Edited by Lunafox

Correction there were 5 daily areas not including GSI (which I don't know why you wouldn't include them they are really simple dailies you can get done in 45 mins)

*Makeb

*Section X

*Black Hole

*Belsalvis

*Ilum

Illum , Belsavis and BH do not drop basic comms (BH for weekly), and no one, including people who just turned 50 need classic comms. Unless I desperately need credits, why would I go there? I barely do the 55 dailies (makeb and section x, which is not even 55) cuz the majority of my toons are in 69/72 gear.

Role-less FPs would certainly help to alleviate GF waiting times.

As for the Ewok companion, well, not sure about her. I like the healer/tank combo, so that someone else will be able to heal me instead of "Did I mention I am a pacifist who just btw killed 1000 mobs?" Tharan (just joking, I love that guy, just hate that stupid voice over line).

But as for her breaking the storyline, 3000 years is a long time to forget something as one Ewok gone missing. Still, 3PO being considered a droid is odd at best, because Ewoks must have come in contact with droids and other high tech construction stuff when Empire was building its shield on Endor, plus, Republic established a lab there at 3,645BBY, and the moon was inhabited by many species descended from shipwrecked crews...