No I won't skip the scene.

Damatese

This happen to me yesterday. Just got to fleet and was wide eye with excitement. Essseles was the first dungeon available and I was excited to try it out. End :eek:up going with another group of level 14 and onr 18. Two boss in and they.started to yell at me to skip the scene. I myself was imtrestwd in tje story andrefuaed. Then the abuse started lasted for the rest of the run. In spite the gun user.rolled need on a jedi item and proceeded to taunt me.by tellimg me to learn to play and when people said skip I bettwr skip

Wow, reread before posting next time k?

And groups like that, just leave and reset the quest. I kick morons like that. I would rather have a companion than people that act like that.

However, if you've done it before and already listened to the story, then please skip it on subsequent runs!

This happen to me yesterday. Just got to fleet and was wide eye with excitement. Essseles was the first dungeon available and I was excited to try it out. End :eek:up going with another group of level 14 and onr 18. Two boss in and they.started to yell at me to skip the scene. I myself was imtrestwd in tje story andrefuaed. Then the abuse started lasted for the rest of the run. In spite the gun user.rolled need on a jedi item and proceeded to taunt me.by tellimg me to learn to play and when people said skip I bettwr skip
My answer to this sort of selfish, childish behaviour would be to either log, eject or find a spot and sit out the fight.

You have every right to watch the cut scenes; this is why I try to never group with strangers for these events, but instead stick with my guildmates, who I can rely upon to be reasonable.

OMG! You wanted to watch the scene? You wanted your story-driven MMO to have story? How COULD you?!? Seriously, though, I wouldn't take these idiots to heart. After the third or fourth time the stories do get a bit...like you've seen them before...but it sounds like you just got in with the wrong group. Sorry that your experience was ruined by a handful of idiots.

I only group with people who I know to be mature like me. I am in my late twenties and despise grouping with annoying little brats. Try and find a mature guild or group of friends who also enjoy the story... or just live with ignoring them. The worst case scenario is that you get booted from the group. No big deal. It is just a video game... so you can just re-form and try again!

I am sorry though for your bad experience. Don't let the attitude of immature people ruin your total experience though.

yeah it'll get more and more important to put 'no skippers', 'no rushers' or something in your LFG's. I know the second i see that added to someones LFG i'm much more interested in grouping with them.

In that situation i'd have probably responded in kind, by waiting for the very last second to make my decision, making them wait even longer. Their rage would fuel my sense of humour. :p

Turn the tables on them.

Start yelling at them to watch the scene. Demand they watch it. Quiz them on the scene afterwards and berate them for not knowing the correct answer.

You could also just drop group or ignore them, although I do think my first suggestion would be amusing.

Report is your friend in this case. Harassing and degrading other players in game is a huge no-no one that brings a big spikey banhammer to the offender. A fellow in my office is now sitting on a unusable CE account because he acted in a similar manner. First offense no take back.

Food for thought.

I always watch the cutscenes the first time I see them, they are interesting to me.

I understand that joebob has run the instance 20 times and doesn't need to see it again, but he should respect that everyone else may not have.

When I join a FP for the first time, I tell the group flat out that its my first time and I'm watching the cutscenes. Either they accept it then and there, or they find a differnet healer. If I've run it before I will skip the cutscenese in order to speed things up, but I dont' demand everyone else does too (it may be thier first time after all).

TLDR; Tell the group you will be watching the CS at the start of the group, if they don't like it find another group. It will save you a headache and a poor experience.

There are an extreme amount of a holes in tor. Loot everything, know nothings from wow xoming here sadly you will be out numbered

I hear there are a lot of stupid kids playing MMOs. I could be wrong and there are only decent folk.

No, it can't be....

More like stupid kids brought up by stupid parents with no manners, no common-sense, etc., etc. I say ninja everything on them....that'll piss 'em off.:D

No matter how many times I've run a flashpoint, I'm not going to skip the cutscenes. It's part of the fun.

(and on another note, I don't like everyone blaming wow players for idiocy. I'm a long time wow player, and I don't do that ****, and I know a lot of others who don't either)

Edited by Granrick

I do it all the time - Lets face it... the Voice acting is ok, but by level 20, the "coolness" and "newness" of the voice acting seems a little dull to me.

I really don't need to spend 1 hour in a flashpoint I have done 5 times and 50% of that time was spent in a cut scene... I could have been in and out in 30 mins and done another one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.