Jugg Intercede/Leap is broken...badly

J_Fred

HELP! I've fallen and I can't get up! Sadly that is whats been going on as of late on my juggernaut. The past few days I've noticed that my intercedes and leaps don't put me where I am supposed to be. This is more evident in huttball, where I have missed most if not all of my leaps/intercedes. Either I need to start stacking accuracy or this is broken :p

Don't know what I am talking about? Well this 60 sec clip will show you all the fails that happened to me in a SINGLE warzone. Thankfully the team I was fighting wasn't much, but you can imagine how annoying this would get in a really close huttball or in ranked where a mistake like this can be a deciding factor in a game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1mE4J05dG8

anyone else been noticing this? Its not that big a deal in the other warzones except for huttball.

There's already a 7 page thread on this. It's also the same for Guardians. Expect a fix by patch 3.7.

On my Makeb dailly run there's 2 parts where I Guardian Leap and Force Leap to mobs/npcs in order to skip trash and speed up runs. It's now like a 50% chance I fall to my death. Extremely frustrating. :mad:

Edited by Jayshames

There's already a 7 page thread on this. It's also the same for Guardians. Expect a fix by patch 3.7.

On my Makeb dailly run there's 2 parts where I Guardian Leap and Force Leap to mobs/npcs in order to skip trash and speed up runs. It's now like a 50% chance I fall to my death. Extremely frustrating. :mad:

Yea, but they are lacking a video. Pics or it didn't happen remember? :p

I haven't done the makeb dailies pubside but impside there is an area (abandoned mining facility I think?) where you have a bunch of platforms and you can fall to your death if you leap :(

The absolute worst leap fail I've seen to date was 2 days ago when I leaped to a guy at max range and landed almost 20m short.

My worst was a couple days ago where I leapt to someone about 20-30 meters away and it placed me EXACTLY where I started :D

Yep, seems to be effecting every single leap ability. How did they manage to break it, I don't know.

I wonder if pulls are having similar issues?

I don't have video proof of this yet but I think it does, earlier today an assassin was trying to firepit me in huttball and it looked like he was having the same issue I was when i leap or intercede. I saw him fail at it again with a marauder when he should have succeeded. I'll try to look out for this in the future to find out for sure.

Perhaps it's lag on your end...? I've never had anything like that on my jugg, although ive had a couple animation bugs before with Storm that have had some some weird results, but all those happen when I'm leaping across a HB acid pit

Every single leap in that video was while jumping. Is there any video of leap falling short when from a ground position?

Edit: I do notice that my pulls seem to pull short when jumping as well.. So, perhaps this is where the problem is occurring.

Edited by _Kayko_

Perhaps it's lag on your end...? I've never had anything like that on my jugg, although ive had a couple animation bugs before with Storm that have had some some weird results, but all those happen when I'm leaping across a HB acid pit

It's not. I've played Juggernaut and Guardian for a long time and never had this problem before. Now it's started happening and it just so happens that it's happening to other people aswell.

I think if you spam your leap, or your on a speeder, or in combat it makes it more prone to happen. If you stand still and leap it usually works fine.

Every single leap in that video was while jumping. Is there any video of leap falling short when from a ground position?

Edit: I do notice that my pulls seem to pull short when jumping as well.. So, perhaps this is where the problem is occurring.

Nah, I've had instances on my juggernaut where I'll be in the pit in huttball and intercede and I'd smack the side of the wall and fall back into the pit and I didn't jump at all prior to the leap. It happened 3 times to me in the same huttball match. Twice from the pit, and once from jumping to the middle ramp and I never jumped prior to using the ability.

There is something extremely wrong with the servers, something isn't syncing correctly and its messing up a lot of abilities. I've had times where I force push someone and they go flying behind me instead of being pushed forward and I've had times where I push someone and they teleport back to where they were standing, or times I force speed and rubberband back to where I started etc... It's been really annoying.

Edited by Raansu

Yep, seems to be effecting every single leap ability. How did they manage to break it, I don't know.

I wonder if pulls are having similar issues?

Come to think of it, yes. My vanguard pulls put the enemy I've just pulled in a pretty random location somewhere near me - usually...

Nah, I've had instances on my juggernaut where I'll be in the pit in huttball and intercede and I'd smack the side of the wall and fall back into the pit and I didn't jump at all prior to the leap. It happened 3 times to me in the same huttball match. Twice from the pit, and once from jumping to the middle ramp and I never jumped prior to using the ability.

There is something extremely wrong with the servers, something isn't syncing correctly and its messing up a lot of abilities. I've had times where I force push someone and they go flying behind me instead of being pushed forward and I've had times where I push someone and they teleport back to where they were standing, or times I force speed and rubberband back to where I started etc... It's been really annoying.

Just asked the question since that was the common factor in every leap in that video. Each one was during a jump.

I'm no stranger to issues with leap, though mine are on the receiving end and it seems to me that this might be related to the issues I have seen. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=644818 This posts shows that distance for one person is not the same as another. Though this person was able to land within 3m of me just more confirming how broken the games system is.

The push and port back is most often due to resolve. This happens when someone adds enough resolve at the same time you push and the game can not figure out this fast enough, lets you see the animation then goes.. oopps, wait no, full resolve.. put em back.

Force Speed is another thing.. I get this all the time when either coming out of a stun, coming out of barrier, or just after a root wears off. The best part of it is that the activation timer still goes on as normal, so it isn't just visual or overall screen lag. It's a broken part of the game.

Same thing happening here. Sometimes I'll land so far back from them I cant even activate force scream. Other times I am just out of the 4m reach for the majority of abilities, but this is a huge pain.

That's the worst for vengeance spec. I hate when I leap and i'm like 6-7m back. Like really? That completely kills my opener.

I would put money on this. Last night I played a wz fighting an assassin. His force shroud graphic acted 3 seconds after he triggered it. Which made timing stuns incredibly hard. Then later his toon stunned was in melee range but i couldn't attack him. A couple seconds later after the stun ended he was 15 meters away.

I can call hacks, but i think it was more of a server latency problem. That and i have no faith in BW programing. When i am 55 and it says i am lvl 10 and can not queue something is wrong in the program. When they hot fixed the bolster system to cover up major issues instead of fixing the root of the problem they are just adding more bad code on top of bad code. Which is probably becoming bulky and giving hell.

HELP! I've fallen and I can't get up! Sadly that is whats been going on as of late on my juggernaut. The past few days I've noticed that my intercedes and leaps don't put me where I am supposed to be. Your character requires graphical potential[footing], to prevent falling.This is more evident in huttball, where I have missed most if not all of my leaps/intercedes. Either I need to start stacking accuracy or this is broken :p Stacking accuracy will do absolutely NOTHING to help your intercede. Stop spamming it first chance you get, and instead make sure your friendly target isn't placed on the edge. The problem here is your poor geometry, not the intercede ability.

Don't know what I am talking about? Well this 60 sec clip will show you all the fails that happened to me in a SINGLE warzone. Thankfully the team I was fighting wasn't much, but you can imagine how annoying this would get in a really close huttball or in ranked where a mistake like this can be a deciding factor in a game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1mE4J05dG8

anyone else been noticing this? Its not that big a deal in the other warzones except for huttball.

hehehe... nice troll.

8/10

If your truly perplexed by all of this, read my response in blue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.