Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]

AmberGreen

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric

How is it that they worked for APAC but now they aren't working again?

Sigh. :(

Well, I guess it's better than the *****torm of hundreds of people paying for transfers and finding themselves crippled with bugs.

How is it that they worked for APAC but now they aren't working again?

If you've been following the APAC transfers, they have been very, very buggy. They're completely free, of course, so there is a whole lot less outrage then if they paid.

Edited by chuixupu

Honestly though, people have posted stuff all over your forums about transfers and 12 hours before your maintenance was supposed to go live you decide to tell us OH BY THE WAY we're not doing server transfer either????

Ban me for saying this if you must, but WHAT A CROCK OF ****.

I have 3 guys that are transferring from a different guild, who waited til the last minute to inform their old guild that they are leaving to come to our server, but 12 hours before the maintenance that you postponed you announce that there will be no transfers?

How the hell does this seem okay? This stuff had to have been seen beforehand... Do you want us all to stop playing? Do you want us all to spread filth about the bioware name all over the internet? It makes no sense.

Now I have 3 guys who wont have a guild for at least 4 weeks unless Nightmare Scum and Villiany gets pushed back too because of unforeseen bugs?

I bet if you put up transfers that bugged achievements you'd still get people transferring even if they are warned hey this is going to bug your achievements.

Honestly though, people have posted stuff all over your forums about transfers and 12 hours before your maintenance was supposed to go live you decide to tell us OH BY THE WAY we're not doing server transfer either????

I have 3 guys that are transferring from a different guild, who waited til the last minute to inform their old guild that they are leaving to come to our server, but 12 hours before the maintenance that you postponed you announce that there will be no transfers?

How the hell does this seem okay? This stuff had to have been seen beforehand... Do you want us all to stop playing? Do you want us all to spread filth about the bioware name all over the internet? It makes no sense.

Now I have 3 guys who wont have a guild for at least 4 weeks unless Nightmare Scum and Villiany gets pushed back too because of unforeseen bugs?

I bet if you put up transfers that bugged achievements you'd still get people transferring even if they are warned hey this is going to bug your achievements.

aw now wlliams and finalshot are gonna be guildless on the shadowlands

Probably shouldn't poach players on the basis of something that isn't currently in game. Perhaps its karma?

They waited until the last minute to tell their former guild that they were leaving them high and dry and yet they are the ones who are being left high and dry due to the postponed release. CLASSIC! I wonder if their former guild will take them back in for a couple of weeks? Those are some real stand up raiders you got transferring to your server/guild.

They waited until the last minute to tell their former guild that they were leaving them high and dry and yet they are the ones who are being left high and dry due to the postponed release. CLASSIC! I wonder if their former guild will take them back in for a couple of weeks? Those are some real stand up raiders you got transferring to your server/guild.

i'm Wlliams from the Shadowlands.

They didn't wait til the last minute out of choice. They waited til the last minute due to the possibility of server transfers not happening. You'd think it'd be a pretty safe bet 24hours before it's supposed to go live. Go back to your bridge troll.

They didn't wait til the last minute out of choice. They waited til the last minute due to the possibility of server transfers not happening. You'd think it'd be a pretty safe bet 24hours before it's supposed to go live. Go back to your bridge troll.

nothing is safe with bioware

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric

Ok, so merging the transfers with a "fix" to NiM TFB caused some sort of bug? You are now taking time to pull out the programming for the transfers and will release the NiM TFB stuff in a couple days. I could be entirely wrong here, but this is what is sounds like. Here is some advice:

Character Transfers and achievements...............quite frankly, achievements are specific to one character in your legacy and are added to the other characters..

1) Give us the ability to transfer an entire legacy.

2) Warn us that if we choose to transfer 1 character, any uncompleted achievements will not be transferred.

3) When one character is transferred to a new server, have his/her completions added to that servers Legacy.

I think that is fair. No?

Did you guys seriously wait until coming in to work today to try patching for NiM TFB and Server transfers??? WTH have you been doing the last few weeks??? Were you too busy playing WoW??

Couldn't agree more. Kinda like how they opened PTS on a Friday --> Opened Feedback threads --> AFK'd for the weekend?

Do you think they would let us come in and manage their business for them? I think we could make a difference :rolleyes:

No bridges in space......Trolling ain't easy but it sure is fun!!! You'd also think they could tell the guys a few weeks in advance as a courtesy to the other raid members! That would have been an easy, honorable, and respectable choice that may have saved them the turd sandwich that they are going to be consuming for the foreseeable future! Hey lookie here I found a wormhole to go hide in.