Scheduled Maintenance: June 12th, 2013 [UPDATED 6:45AM PDT]

AmberGreen

Ok I have to vent here.

Bioware is finally being upfront and posting info on transfers and you guys are still complaining. I for one am glad they see a problem and look to fix it before I shell over 1800cc. I know it sucks to wait and believe me I'm bummed to but at least give the credit for not selling us a busted product.

You guys keep complaining and they will go back to not saying a word to us about transfers.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric

This is rediculous. Paid transfers were supposed to launch in 2.1 and were delayed for the same exact bug. I know exactly what the bug is. When you transfer to another server, your achievements transfer too. Some achievements reward Cartel Coins, so in essence you could transfer a character to another server and gain quite a few cartel coins back. You also cannot make achievements account-wide because then people would lose the Cartel Coins they've earned on multiple servers.

I have known this since the first mention you made of Paid Transfers being removed from Game Update 2.1. I could fix this in five minutes. It's taken you a month to do absolutely nothing to solve this issue. In addition, I believe you had previously confirmed this was coming in 2.2. I hope you realize you slipped up badly.

Since 2.2 has been postponed, can you please let us know if when it finally does launch if you'll have Revan's attire fixed or not? It was said in the past that, you would try to have it updated with 2.2 but I haven't heard anything other than that. Some information on that would be nice.

Since 2.2 has been postponed, can you please let us know if when it finally does launch if you'll have Revan's attire fixed or not? It was said in the past that, you would try to have it updated with 2.2 but I haven't heard anything other than that. Some information on that would be nice.

who is this freaking revan guy i'm always hearing about, is he like Luke Skywalkers son or somthing?

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric

For APAC players who have already server transferred are you ever going to fix our broken Achievements and lost legacy titles or are they gone forever?

who is this freaking revan guy i'm always hearing about, is he like Luke Skywalkers son or somthing?

It's ok Williams go back to crying in the corner about server transfers. As you sit there look up a game called

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

P.S. BIO-FAIL!!!

Why do we pay for this game? someone remind me of one good feature this game has over its competition besides its "Star Wars"

Thanks for failing harder than S.O.E cause really i love playing fail games that could have been the biggest / best game ever made if you just INVESTED a little time and money

This has already been covered... read the dev tracker.

The Shipment 1 packs will embargo with Game Update 2.2, so the embargo is also delayed.

I've got nothing but respect for Mr. Musco... But this information didn't shock me at all....

And when I read it,, I swear I could hear something like this playing in the background.

I shook it off...and went on.

But then, during the livestream....I got this.

OFC the embargo is delayed.... you can't have a firesale on old inventory if their isn't a fire.

This is rediculous. Paid transfers were supposed to launch in 2.1 and were delayed for the same exact bug. I know exactly what the bug is. When you transfer to another server, your achievements transfer too. Some achievements reward Cartel Coins, so in essence you could transfer a character to another server and gain quite a few cartel coins back. You also cannot make achievements account-wide because then people would lose the Cartel Coins they've earned on multiple servers.

I have known this since the first mention you made of Paid Transfers being removed from Game Update 2.1. I could fix this in five minutes. It's taken you a month to do absolutely nothing to solve this issue. In addition, I believe you had previously confirmed this was coming in 2.2. I hope you realize you slipped up badly.

This.

I'm sorry Bioware, I try not to complain, but this is total bull doo doo. (:D)

Anyways, we've been waiting for Server Transfers since what? Oh yeah, DAY ONE. A simpler solution would have been to let us pick what server we were going to when the consolidations happened! You told us "Server Transfers are coming with 2.2!". And if I recall, nothing that I read said anything about Server Transfer dates being "Subject to Change".

SLOPPY, Bioware. Sloppy.

So much for your 8 week cadence, I believe this release 6/11 was already over your stated cadence for content release and now your pushing it back even further.

you will then probably start your cadence again from when you finally get this patch out and then slowly push the cadence out every 2 or so patches until people forget that you had a promise of how often you will release content. This game has suffered greatly due to lack of content I have seen a whole server close due to people leaving because there is a huge lack of content... (no I do not consider increasing difficulty of an operation as new content).

I think you need to look harder at what you call new content. This is my personal belief and I am entitled to vocalize them, those that do not share my beliefs do not have too.

so much for your 8 week cadence, i believe this release 6/11 was already over your stated cadence for content release and now your pushing it back even further.

You will then probably start your cadence again from when you finally get this patch out and then slowly push the cadence out every 2 or so patches until people forget that you had a promise of how often you will release content. This game has suffered greatly due to lack of content i have seen a whole server close due to people leaving because there is a huge lack of content... (no i do not consider increasing difficulty of an operation as new content).

I think you need to look harder at what you call new content. This is my personal belief and i am entitled to vocalize them, those that do not share my beliefs do not have too.

dooom!

its nice to get updates... but this is exactly what happens when EA takes over a company and fires everyone who is half way intelligent.

Server transfers work. You did them a year ago when you merged the server, you just moved everyone off the Oceanic servers.

This is a load of crap now. If EA spent the money that any intelligent company would on makin this game work you wouldn't have these problems.

There was no massive bugs on the PTS, which means you changed something after bringing the PTS down and ou screwed the pooch. Sorry but this crap is getting old. Bioware before EA was smart enough to not promis anything before they knew what was what, now after EA you say something but then before the patch goes live you screw up and spout out some BS excuse.

First they're telling us that trans-regional transfers won't be an option. What will that leave us with? The only ones transfering will be those who switch from PvE to PvP servers, for the sake of rateds and a direct outcome of the lack of x-server. Who els is going to transfer when there's only one server of each type per region/language?

And now, not even included in 2.2? The whole thing is a farce.

Edited by MidichIorian

As an oceanic player that was just moved trust me you don't want to move toons with legacy achievements because it's not ready for it. Bioware treat players like rats when people want answers for issues to do with any type of refund they will go and hide under a rock. M0-T0 the automated scripting bot is a prime example of how bad the system is that they run for SWTOR.

What a train wreck SWTOR has become. Absolutely no indication this game and its management will ever improve. Didn't we have transfers over a year ago? Is this the only MMO which goes backwards in its implementations? Regardless, glad I cancelled sub, after watching the livestream, being promised obscurity upon obscurity (there is no subtletly anymore about the impasse of their plans) and after being stuck on a horrible server for raiding where people disappear faster than in the Bermuda Triangle (Tomb of Freedon Nadd) I can't take it anymore. Thank you, Bioware, for finding creative ways to force me to unsub and never look back.

Hey folks,

-eric

was this bug in the APAC Transfers to NA severs and if so are the characters affected?

What a train wreck SWTOR has become. Absolutely no indication this game and its management will ever improve. Didn't we have transfers over a year ago? Is this the only MMO which goes backwards in its implementations?

Ignorant wanna-be troll. Thanks for going away. Keep it that way.

Edited by idnewton