Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Leveling to 50 - it's way too fast

Trimsic

Don't know how to quest? What? That is literally the dumbest statement I have ever read on this forum. You are, quite literally, asking that now that you have reached the lofty heights of the 40s, Bioware slow down everyone else's progression. Guess what? Bioware isn't that blind, they won't take your word for it, so stop trying.

The leveling curve is perfect where it is BW, ignore this guy.

No, I'm perfectly happy if they deleted everyones characers and slowed down leveling 50%.

'Don't know how' to quest was not ment to be a taken literally. Don't know how to quest as in you don't know how to do it effeciently(sp?). For those of us that don't like to make alts. SWTOR doesn't currently have alot to offer past the first playthrough.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If leveling is indeed to fast it will be a game killer since lack of content will kick in and people will get bored. It does seem as though you can level pretty quick. I'm 21 or so and have played since the 15th, put in quite a few hours. I truly hope it slows down so I don't reach 50 too quick. Looks interesting enough to start an alt if it's not the same storyline. Can anyone comment on the storyline for alts?

If leveling is indeed to fast it will be a game killer since lack of content will kick in and people will get bored. It does seem as though you can level pretty quick. I'm 21 or so and have played since the 15th, put in quite a few hours. I truly hope it slows down so I don't reach 50 too quick. Looks interesting enough to start an alt if it's not the same storyline. Can anyone comment on the storyline for alts?

Exactly right.

This is what happened to Rift. Started out amazing and then nothing to do and TOR has faster leveling than Rift did.

Storylines are different if that's what you want to do. I don't.

I want other content, immersion, real player housing, better crafting, etc...

leveling to 50 is way too fast.

Freakin' good. Leveling is the bane of my RPG existence and should be done away with. It was a great system for a pen and paper game but in the age of real time combat it needs to go bye bye.

In WoW the game did not actually begin until you hit the level cap. The real game was the raid content/sotry arcs and not the meaningless leveling story lines. So you had to play for a month before you could start all the raid content.

I'll agree that leveling should take longer. I would love if the leveling to max took months, though I might not say that in a years time.

That said, I don't know how common your play style is. Maybe for someone who is off on Christmas break? Sure. For someone who is still working till the 23rd and has a house to run, and shopping to do, and chores, etc. Maybe not so common.

What he said. Hard core grinders take on what leveling speed should be have cut their teeth on the anime style mmos. Granted EQ was a pain to level in but very immersive. This game is very immersive. The leveling pace is just right, in my humble opinion.

Also I saw where someone said that the game was voice acted so there would be large amounts of time between content updates. I believe that's been addressed somewhere by bioware to not be the case.

They aren't suffering at all. YOU on the other hand are asking BW to make their game MORE grindy to satisfy 1% of the player base. Sorry, but not only is it s stupid idea, financially, but it will never, ever occur, based on financial motivation and based on historical precedent. NO MMO in existence has ever gotten HARDER to level. Ever.

Yes, I am asking them to make it more grindy. The reason is for their own financial gain. If you slow down the speed at which players level you slow down the rate at which they progress through the story...

Which slows down the rate at which they would playthough several classes.

once the 8 classes have been played though you have nothing to do but endgame content.

the endgame content will be slower to release due to the fact everything is voice acted (which i love).

So slowing down the leveling rate by roughly 50% would make it feel a bit grindy, yet would also make them money by players playing LONGER!

Yea NO MMO has gotten harder... MMO's getting easier isn't necessarily a good thing. Look at Wow for example lol

No, I'm perfectly happy if they deleted everyones characers and slowed down leveling 50%.

'Don't know how' to quest was not ment to be a taken literally. Don't know how to quest as in you don't know how to do it effeciently(sp?). For those of us that don't like to make alts. SWTOR doesn't currently have alot to offer past the first playthrough.

As someone who doesn't like chocolate, this chocolate cake has nothing to offer me.

What he said. Hard core grinders take on what leveling speed should be have cut their teeth on the anime style mmos. Granted EQ was a pain to level in but very immersive. This game is very immersive. The leveling pace is just right, in my humble opinion.

Also I saw where someone said that the game was voice acted so there would be large amounts of time between content updates. I believe that's been addressed somewhere by bioware to not be the case.

On the voice acting, I dont' think its the recording thats going to be the problem. I think its going to be the matching animation to the voice. Unless they are already working on several content patches ahead that is.

I like doing all the quests on a planet. I'm OCD about it. I have one quest that's way off in a corner of Balmorra that I haven't done, and part of me wants to just skip it. But that irks me. I get annoyed at myself for not finishing that one quest and its bonus quest.

Balmorra is a level 16-20 planet. I tink I was level 17 or 18 when I finally got there. Now I'm level 23, on Balmorra, with a handful of quests left to do.

I've only done about 3 warzone matches, I did BT 3 times, Hammer Station Twice, and part of whichever one is after that (d/c during boss battle). Which seems pretty standard to me.

But here I am, not even to Nar Shadda yet, and I'm level 23. I believe (could be wrong) the level range for Nar Shadda is 20-24.

I'm a little concerned about outleveling planets before I get to them, just because I like doing all my quests. So I wouldn't have a problem if they did a slight decrease on the amount of xp you get during questing.

Pretty much what others have said: a lot of focus is on alts and the STORY (oh my god a story in an MMO, holy **** its a NOVEL idea).

Also, there's no point in doing all the extra quests on a planet; you really only need to do the main class quest and any hub quests around that area. Anything else is just extra and will overlevel you for the next zone (not a bad thing, but you are complaining about it like it is)

Yes leave my leveling alone also. I enjoy the rate it is now. Not haveing 5 hours a day or more it seems about right.

The success of this game is dependent on people enjoying the story and wanting more story. When you reach 50 the story does not end. The story takes a new point of view. Now start chapter 2 with character 2.

This game is different then the game where you win by getting max level and max gear. I would imagine character 1 will have a rush to 50 just so you can see it all but after that people will slow down. Also, that will give people going at a slower pace and people starting later more of a community.

Edited by richardya

The success of this game is dependent on people enjoying the story and wanting more story. When you reach 50 the story does not end. The story takes a new point of view. Now start chapter 2 with character 2.

This game is different then the game where you win by getting max level and max gear. I would imagine character 1 will have a rush to 50 just so you can see it all but after that people will slow down. Also, that will give people going at a slower pace and people starting later more of a community.

FYI chapter 1 ends about 30-32 depending on when you decide to do it. :p

Those kids pay the same amount as you do. Their hobbies are video games. They play to have fun, relax, compete.. Just like evey other hobby there is. Just because you are not able to play as much as you seemingly would like to does not mean they should suffer because of it.

I play just as much as I would like too, it is an amount that is not tempered by desire but by responsibility and understanding.

Kids should not think it is alright to have a hobby list of one. They should be encouraged to branch out and try many things that life has to offer so that they can grow into responsible adults who can, among other things, contribute to our society.

Too many people now days get caught up in the routine of their daily lives, and they forget about the plight of others, the wonders of the universe, or just the plethora of fantastic things that life has to offer.

What a shame it would be not bothering to look up at the stars above with actual understanding of what you are seeing and have your mind completely blown away by the sheer overwhelming grandeur of it all.

Someone who plays video games with their time and nothing else, is someone who is living an impoverished life, even if they do not realize it. Life is far to precious to live it impoverished.

Edited by Fox_McCloud

Balmorra is a level 16-20 planet. I tink I was level 17 or 18 when I finally got there. Now I'm level 23, on Balmorra, with a handful of quests left to do.

I've only done about 3 warzone matches, I did BT 3 times, Hammer Station Twice, and part of whichever one is after that (d/c during boss battle). Which seems pretty standard to me.

But here I am, not even to Nar Shadda yet, and I'm level 23. I believe (could be wrong) the level range for Nar Shadda is 20-24.

I'm a little concerned about outleveling planets before I get to them, just because I like doing all my quests. So I wouldn't have a problem if they did a slight decrease on the amount of xp you get during questing.

Same issue here. I was on Balmorra at lvl 22 like, 'wait, *** am i still doing here?' The story is gripping and makes you WANT to do all the lil quests. Then add the space missions and pvp in and all of a sudden you're well past level for the particular area you are in.

I play just as much as I would like too, it is an amount that is not tempered by desire but by responsibility and understanding.

Kids should not think it is alright to have a hobby list of one. They should be encouraged to branch out and try many things that life has to offer so that they can grow into responsible adults who can, amount other things, contribute to our society.

Too many people now days get caught up in the routine of their daily lives, and they forget about the plight of others, the wonders of the universe, or just the plethora of fantastic things that life has to offer.

What a shame it would be not bothering to look up at the stars above with actual understanding of what you are seeing and have your mind completely blown away by the sheer overwhelming grandeur of it all.

Someone who plays video games with their time and nothing else, is someone who is living an impoverished life, even if they do not realize it. Life is far to precious to live it impoverished.

Thats all well and true, so you shouldn't be concerned with a trifling video game and how long it takes to level. Have fun running with the animals and leave games to gamers :p hehe

Don't know how to quest? What? That is literally the dumbest statement I have ever read on this forum. You are, quite literally, asking that now that you have reached the lofty heights of the 40s, Bioware slow down everyone else's progression. Guess what? Bioware isn't that blind, they won't take your word for it, so stop trying.

The leveling curve is perfect where it is BW, ignore this guy.

I've never seen more misguided arrogance in my life. Do you want a cookie for your leet skillz bro? Good god what are gamers becoming... Don't know why we even respond to this garbage.

Edited by superkidd

All those ppl who rush to lvl 50 skiping all the quest dialog and all....

now when you hited lvl 50 and you dont have much to do and your bored

imagine me laughing at your face :p ( sry i just couldnt help my self )

SWTOR is more of an multyplayer RPG game rather than MMO... like all Bioware games

if your skiping all the quest dialogs and you QQ that lvling is to fast this game is not for you, go back to wow grinding or somthing,

Bioware didnt go for all that trouble to make Quests with cinematics and full voice acting so that you could just skip it

i work 8-12 hours a day and this game is perfect for me, i think for all ppl who are working this game is good for them.

the only problem with the game is that there are long Ques on my server, but compared to AION launch or any other game its very good

Way too fast? I've been playing since the 16th and I'm just level 13. Granted, I've only been playing probably 10 hours, but still.

Started sunday played 7 hours was level 12. Played again last night (for 5 hours) and am just about at 17

So slowing down the leveling rate by roughly 50% would make it feel a bit grindy, yet would also make them money by players playing LONGER!

If I felt liek I was grinding my day away in this game, Id cancel my subscription and go back to playing fun and entertaining games. I love this game because it isn't grindy, and leveling is balanced.

Ive played 55-65 hours and I'm almost level 27.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.