Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

Icebergy

By stating my opinion/belief that it was a poor decision to release the 1st glimpse of 2.2 as another paid service, I'm being overly dramatic? Huh...I guess I disagree.

And at no point have I chastised Eric, the game, nor it's development in this thread as you suggest - if that's your perception, perhaps you need a break from these forums.

Better investment on my part to just take a break from your ever increasing vitriol on these forums. You just earned a /ignore.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didn’t want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

I will update you with more information as I get it, thanks!

-eric

I'm gonna nit pick here and say your wording of "character transfers" mean you won't be able to transfer your legacy? I'm confused, clarification would be nice.

Players: "We want Character transfers!!!"

BW: "We have plans to make transfers available next patch"

Players: "FInally! what it's going to cost us money? this is an outrage!!" *more shots at the CM"

You're finally getting what you want, soon, quit the ************ and be glad.

What I'm wondering is how transfers will affect legacy, will it reset it to level 1 or allow you to keep it at the level it's at? I can see how that would be something they have to deal with that can cause issues.

Either way the're finally giving people what they were asking for but again, there will be complaints.

Players: "FInally! what it's going to cost us money? this is an outrage!!" *more shots at the CM"

What I'm wondering is how transfers will affect legacy, will it reset it to level 1 or allow you to keep it at the level it's at? I can see how that would be something they have to deal with that can cause issues.

Either way the're finally giving people what they were asking for but again, there will be complaints.

To be fair, shouldn't APAC servers get free transfers? Transferring because you feel like a change of scenery is one thing, transferring because your servers are awful is another thing entirely.

To be fair, shouldn't APAC servers get free transfers? Transferring because you feel like a change of scenery is one thing, transferring because your servers are awful is another thing entirely.

I'm 99% sure they ARE giving APAC free transfers.

Gwena, I'm THRILLED you are getting something you want added to the game! I envy you and I'm excited for you. My comment about it being poorly timed was simply an observation based on the 2.1 feedback, not a knock on this service finally seeing the light of day.

Ah, I see your point! ^^ Hopefully, they will have some tantalizing teasers of 2.2 soon for those that are more interested in things that are not character transfers. :)

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didn’t want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

-eric

So it worked when I went from Mind Trick > Corellian Run > The Shadowlands AND to the PTS itself.

Sure worked fine then...

Yet, I guess its not going to earn you enough revenue...

Edited by PunisherAS

Yeah, because Transfers are TOTALLY equivalent to vanity garbage. You're right! Where on earth have I been?!

You should really stop conflating things because you're upset. Seriously. Probably not good for your health to get so upset with a game.

Ignore list is your friend.

And when they are released in the same exact way as a Name Change or Legacy Name Change -- I will make sure to come back and point out how absolutely ridiculous you are.

What, you mean they'll start by advertising them as free to subs once per month, then decide that you only get one per account, then realize they can't even do that and promise to give it to you "soon"?

Yeah, bring on the mocking...

Edited by Midget_Yoda

What, you mean they'll start by advertising them as free to subs once per month, then decide that you only get one per account, then realize they can't even do that and promise to give it to you "soon"?

Yeah, bring on the mocking...

Way to completely avoid the entire topic of my post AND this thread. Derailing is an actionable offense.

You know what I meant. It will either be purchasable with CCs like the name change CURRENTLY is -- or it will be a RMT on the website, like every other game.

But he had to realize the feedback he invited when he announced a paid feature first.

Just stop.

We knew that we would have to pay for them 10 months ago. And guess what? Myself and many others are more than OK with that, we have been begging Bioware to take our money for a long time now.

So really, I know you and others love to take any excuse you can get to attack Bioware, but please, just go away.

I really feel that since Bioware had way way way too many servers at launch that we should get one free transfer, then pay for any additional transfers. Not to mention that it has taken, and is still taking, an inappropriate amount of time to implement.

Though I will say I appreciate their efforts and the fact that we finally got an update on this, though it bugs me that it took a post like this to get information.

Thanks for implementing this service and please do everything in your power to keep to this deadline. My 50 Powertech and 20 Gunslinger are waiting.

Lemme guess how this works Eric,

1.) You will need a "Transfer Certificate" to transfer from your server to another.

2.) Transfer Certificates are available from a new kind of gambling pack

3.) The Transfer Certificate will be for a random destination server

4.) The Transfer Certificate will be an ultra rare drop

5.) You have to have Ultimate Hero status with the Cartel Market to use the Transfer Certificate

6.) Transfer Certificates are Single Use, Bind on Pickup

Did I get that right?

Hahahahaha this is so *********** true, Eric can keep his *********** transfers because I know they are going to screw it up. Besides, it's a minimum 4 chars for me to play on a new server since I want to retain my legacy buffs as an avid pvper. I predict it's going to cost well over $100 for this move, why should we invest that much money into a game like this? Why does this game need to be the most expensive game i've ever played?

Just stop.

We knew that we would have to pay for them 10 months ago. And guess what? Myself and many others are more than OK with that, we have been begging Bioware to take our money for a long time now.

So really, I know you and others love to take any excuse you can get to attack Bioware, but please, just go away.

Quite the myopic view of my posting history. Entertaining. Thanks for the chuckle.

Hey everyone,

-eric

Ok I'll mark down 2.2 as the beginning of the end of Jung Ma server.

I recall Eric saying in a previous post that 2.2 contains NO CM features.

"Let me be as honest as I can here. I worded that badly. When I said there would be no CM features, I didn't mean there would be no features that you don't have to pay extra for. We're excited to introduce a new payment system in game update 2.2. Server transfers will utilize this new system. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused."

Kidding aside though, I wouldn't have any problem with their putting MORE into 2.2 than was originally planned. If they had a bunch of new sub-only features lined up for 2.2 and they wanted to throw paid server transfers in on top of that instead of making people wait, I think that would actually be a good thing.

Ok I'll mark down 2.2 as the beginning of the end of Jung Ma server.

:( I would have actually wanted to transfer a toon or two TO Jung Ma. But I'm too put off by all the negative things I've heard on these forums and in game from the people who are actually there.

Oh stop over dramatizing. PAID CHARACTER transfers is what was said. And as I've already made clear, I'm 100% fine with that being a part of this update, it's well beyond time for them and I'm thrilled players are getting something they've been asking for for over a year.

What I'd ALSO like to see is anything else about 2.2 that people not wanting to transfer might be excited about. As I also said, I find it poor timing that a SOLD item (presumably in the store) is the first part of 2.2 that we hear about. I understand WHY Eric is talking about it, he should, but I think any other leaked info would be a better opener.

And I'm not jamming anything down anyone's throat Andryah. I assume it'll be a Cartel item because it's a logical place to sell it - if I'm wrong, scold me then, not before.

QFT

Also, I'm actually reading this thread a bit backwards. I get to your post, find that it is thoughtful and makes a good point. I get to the bottom of it and see that, go figure, it's written in response to a post from Andryah! That girl certainly knows how to make a reputation for herself...

What you need to realize is that some people make a sport out of complaining no matter what the circumstance. It is a subculture of trolling. Just ignore them the same you would with trolls.

Hey everyone,

As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2.

-eric

You Sir just rocked my world :D. - having taken a hiatus largely due to char transfer's I can only say Thank You for the update eric and am looking forward to playing again. truly awesome news!!

Edited by magecutter