Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

Icebergy

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU relax. I'm fine with transfers coming and pleased with this update from Eric on a topic I have zero interest in...but I'd also like a "teaser" of what "I" might be able to look forward to in 2.2. I'm not giving anyone a "hard time", but I find it poorly timed to announce the 1st piece of information on 2.2 as a Cartel buy.

Honestly, if transfers were THE ONLY THING in 2.2 that would make me extremely happy. At this point transfers are more important to me than content.

I usually have no problems with you, TUX, but in a server transfer thread I don't really care what you think should or should not be in 2.2 or what you think should have been announced first.

Edited by Icebergy

This is GREAT NEWS!!

Thank you for the update!!!

I'm going to go out an a limb and suggest that you in particular might have wet yourself, just little bit, over this news. :D

Seriously... you've been a vocal waiter for this.. so grats to you that Eric put a target release on it for you finally. :)

Epic!

Yay! Thanks bud :rak_03:

Everything I've outlined exists in the game currently. Reputation, Certificates, Gambling, etc. This is the new EA design philosophy. Some folks are in denial but this game is over. They are just sucking as much money from people with gambling problems as possible before everyone just gets fed up and leaves.

Don't be fooled by the handful of EA Forum Moles that say otherwise. They do not care one bit about the long term success of this game. They only care about gambling and how much money they can suck from it.

Also, your subscription is due.

Everything I've outlined exists in the game currently. Reputation, Certificates, Gambling, etc. This is the new EA design philosophy. Some folks are in denial but this game is over. They are just sucking as much money from people with gambling problems as possible before everyone just gets fed up and leaves.

Don't be fooled by the handful of EA Forum Moles that say otherwise. They do not care one bit about the long term success of this game. They only care about gambling and how much money they can suck from it.

Are you still subscribed to the game Anzel?

And just to note: people declaring the "game over"... the hallways of the forum are littered with their failed prophesies.

Edited by Andryah

Where did he say it was a cartel buy?

I saw you say it.. I did not see him say it.

PAID character transfers. May or may not be cartel. Probably will be cartel if for no other reason than logistics - they already have a mechanism to collect cash via selling cartel coins. But it's clearly spending over and above your subscription.

Yeah, it probably would have been more prudent to announce a game feature - ANY game feature - that was just something to do, rather than a paid service, first. Especially given the community reaction to 2.1.

Edited by DarthTHC

Yay! Thanks bud :rak_03:

OK. Yes those things are in the game. But Guess what. There are other things in the game.

There are pets in the game. Some have been added recently. I am going to hypothesize that from now on the game is going to be focused on pets. We will battle with them. Raids will turn into giant pits for your pets to play in.

^^ See how easy it is to take ONE THING from the game and claim that everything is going to be based on that?

You seem to forget the things that were added a couple weeks ago that are not part of a gamble... EVERY NAME CHANGE OPTION

PAID character transfers. May or may not be cartel. Probably will be cartel if for no other reason than logistics - they already have a mechanism to collect cash via selling cartel coins. But it's clearly spending over and above your subscription.

Yeah, it probably would have been more prudent to announce a game feature - ANY game feature - that was just something to do, rather than a paid service, first. Especially given the community reaction to 2.1.

Though, in fairness.... it was publicly stated as due with 2.1 but got pulled for issues and would be coming hot on the heels of 2.1 AND people have been refreshing the forum with threads requesting information. Eric was responding to one of these very threads... as well as to the APAC folks. His comments were not "hey.. lookie lookie what we have coming in 2.2." He was responding to much asked for information.. and all he did with "2.2" is pin a time-frame to transfers... since he already has given us an estimated date for 2.2. And then people stick hyperbole into his mouth and claim it is his. Sad to see folks like TUXs getting to the point of jamming things down Erics throat and pretending he said it.

Edited by Andryah

Though, in fairness.... it was publicly stated as due with 2.1 but got pulled for issues and would be coming hot on the heels of 2.1 AND people have been refreshing the forum with threads requesting information. Eric was responding to one of these very threads... as well as to the APAC folks. His comments were not "hey.. lookie lookie what we have coming in 2.2." He was responding to much asked for information.. and all he did with "2.2" is pin a time-frame to transfers... since he already has given us an estimated date for 2.2. And then people stick hyperbole into his mouth and claim it is his. Sad to see folks like TUXs getting to the point of jamming things down Erics throat and pretending he said it.

Yup... all that is true and I'm sure Eric wanted to get info to the players waiting for the feature - especially the APAC players - ASAP.

But he had to realize the feedback he invited when he announced a paid feature first.

But he had to realize the feedback he invited when he announced a paid feature first.

Probably. But people already know it's going to be a paid feature though.. so that does not wash.

People are just looking for excuses to pounce and vent spleen.. so even if he said nothing at all.. then people would pounce and call him nasty names and acuse him of nefarious things because he leaves a thread unresponded to.

What would people have preferred here in a thread about server transfers? "oh hai folks! just wanted you to know this is in the works and coming soon!" Yeah, right. that would work...

My point? He's going to get hated on and have hyperbole jammed in his choppers and accused of spewing said hyperbole no matter what he does, or does not do. It's silly and immature behavior from people that I think are mostly past the age of 18 (chronologially at least).

Edited by Andryah

Yup... all that is true and I'm sure Eric wanted to get info to the players waiting for the feature - especially the APAC players - ASAP.

Eh, at the same time the community as a whole needs a kick in the face to smarten up.

I'm HAPPY they finally said something about it. And I don't even have characters on more than one server!

It also wasn't exactly releasing information. We're getting a goal time-frame, and we already had a time-frame. It's more of an update to already known information.

I DO sincerely hope we get some info about 2.2 soon, though.

Thank you so much for the update, Eric! I have been eagerly waiting for transfers for so long, but I also promise not to break out the pitchforks and torches if you come back and tell us it is delayed. ;)

Any info on pricing yet, or how it will work? I'm really hoping there will be some sort of "package deal" for those of us that want to transfer our Legacy and multiple characters. Or if not that, that it won't cost an arm and a leg per character.

On another note, I hope that the folks who don't care about transfers for themselves can try to be understanding of this being added soon, even though it is a paid service. Though a big chunk of players have little to no interest in transfers, for many of us that do want them, they will be a BIG improvement and greatly increase our satisfaction with the game. Please remember, since before the Cartel Market, before dye modules, before the appearance designer, before Cathar . . . people have been waiting for (paid) transfers. :)

Edited by Gwena

When I originally said that when you buy the transfer it would randomly select a character to transfer to a random server, I didn't think it'd catch on, evolving into different versions.

Anyways, if you guys have been here from the first transfers, you would know that they already had the system in place before legacy features came out. You have to go to the website and be totally logged out of the game to transfer or it won't complete. I'm assuming the only change to this system will be a Billing page after you select where you want to transfer.

I highly doubt they'll use cartel coins to buy the transfers, which will probably irritate people who have a lot of coins and want to use those to pay for the transfer.

I highly doubt they'll use cartel coins to buy the transfers, which will probably irritate people who have a lot of coins and want to use those to pay for the transfer.

I'm sure there will be some nasty and vocal complaints about not being able to use coins for transfers. There will be complaints no matter what they do or how they do it.

I, as a coin hoarder, though will not be one of the complainers. If it's a fee for service, and I can't use my coins.. I'm fine with it. I understand that it is their choice as to how to offer the service, not mine, so I don't see the sense in getting all foamy and entitled about it.

Lemme guess how this works Eric,

1.) You will need a "Transfer Certificate" to transfer from your server to another.

2.) Transfer Certificates are available from a new kind of gambling pack

3.) The Transfer Certificate will be for a random destination server

4.) The Transfer Certificate will be an ultra rare drop

5.) You have to have Ultimate Hero status with the Cartel Market to use the Transfer Certificate

6.) Transfer Certificates are Single Use, Bind on Pickup

Did I get that right?

Oh your bitterness is such sweet nutrient...

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didn’t want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

I will update you with more information as I get it, thanks!

-eric

So, what about cross server WZs? Are we getting those anytime soon because I'm really not looking forward to the mass exodus that's looking imminent just so people can actually do more rated WZs.

Personally, I like the server I'm on but with transfers coming, I can see the PvP on my server getting bad. So, kind of in the position where I feel I have very little choice but to transfer if I want a better PvP experience. I'm sure other people feel the same way.

Eric, thank you for the update. I certainly hope server transfers are ready for 2.2, long awaited. I don't know if it's possible, but could we get some information on these items dealing with server transfers:

- Whether it will be a cartel purchase or a website purchase.

- What will be the price for transferring a character and how much for an entire legacy.

- How is legacy going to be dealt with. (i.e. do the legacies add together or does the higher one trump, etc etc)

Thank you.

Oh stop over dramatizing. PAID CHARACTER transfers is what was said. And as I've already made clear, I'm 100% fine with that being a part of this update, it's well beyond time for them and I'm thrilled players are getting something they've been asking for for over a year.

What I'd ALSO like to see is anything else about 2.2 that people not wanting to transfer might be excited about. As I also said, I find it poor timing that a SOLD item (presumably in the store) is the first part of 2.2 that we hear about. I understand WHY Eric is talking about it, he should, but I think any other leaked info would be a better opener.

And I'm not jamming anything down anyone's throat Andryah. I assume it'll be a Cartel item because it's a logical place to sell it - if I'm wrong, scold me then, not before.

On another note, I hope that the folks who don't care about transfers for themselves can try to be understanding of this being added soon, even though it is a paid service. Though a big chunk of players have little to no interest in transfers, for many of us that do want them, they will be a BIG improvement and greatly increase our satisfaction with the game. Please remember, since before the Cartel Market, before dye modules, before the appearance designer, before Cathar . . . people have been waiting for (paid) transfers. :)

Gwena, I'm THRILLED you are getting something you want added to the game! I envy you and I'm excited for you. My comment about it being poorly timed was simply an observation based on the 2.1 feedback, not a knock on this service finally seeing the light of day.

So, what about cross server WZs? Are we getting those anytime soon because I'm really not looking forward to the mass exodus that's looking imminent just so people can actually do more rated WZs.

Personally, I like the server I'm on but with transfers coming, I can see the PvP on my server getting bad. So, kind of in the position where I feel I have very little choice but to transfer if I want a better PvP experience. I'm sure other people feel the same way.

Kind of way off topic IMO. Maybe make a thread about it.. and see if Eric will respond on topic to what you are asking.

Oh stop over dramatizing. PAID CHARACTER transfers is what was said. And as I've already made clear, I'm 100% fine with that being a part of this update, it's well beyond time for them and I'm thrilled players are getting something they've been asking for for over a year.

What I'd ALSO like to see is anything else about 2.2 that people not wanting to transfer might be excited about. As I also said, I find it poor timing that a SOLD item (presumably in the store) is the first part of 2.2 that we hear about. I understand WHY Eric is talking about it, he should, but I think any other leaked info would be a better opener.

And I'm not jamming anything down anyone's throat Andryah. I assume it'll be a Cartel item because it's a logical place to sell it - if I'm wrong, scold me then, not before.

You are the one being over dramatic my friend. Conflating a statement in response to a thread that is not even discussion 2.2 content into a series of presumtions on your part presented as fait acompli and chastising Eric for your assumptions.

Classic projection and misdirection on your part. This thread is not about 2.2. This thread is about when will paid server transfers be available to players. Why don't you go troll the 2.2 content threads with your vitriol towards the game and it's development team. It's misplaced in this thread. This thread is about server transfers.. and people wanting more info ON WHEN.

Edited by Andryah

You are the one being over dramatic my friend. Conflating a statement in response to a thread that is not even discussion 2.2 content into a series of presumtions on your part presented as fait acompli and chastising Eric for your assumptions.

Classic projection and misdirection on your part. This thread is not about 2.2. This thread is about when will paid server transfers be available to players. Why don't you go troll the 2.2 content threads with your vitriol towards the game and it's development team. It's misplaced in this thread.

By stating my opinion/belief that it was a poor decision to release the 1st glimpse of 2.2 as another paid service, I'm being overly dramatic? Huh...I guess I disagree.

And at no point have I chastised Eric, the game, nor it's development in this thread as you suggest - if that's your perception, perhaps you need a break from these forums.