Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

Icebergy

Yeah, because Transfers are TOTALLY equivalent to vanity garbage. You're right! Where on earth have I been?!

Transfers are OPTIONAL. They are EXTRA. Remember? Everything is EXTRA now :D

You should really stop conflating things because you're upset. Seriously. Probably not good for your health to get so upset with a game.

Now that you mention it... my chest is a bit tight.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall Eric saying in a previous post that 2.2 contains NO CM features.

Was in a Black Talon run with someone who claimed to have spent more in the CM this week then the rest of us made at our jobs... and you believe 2.2 WON'T have any CM stuff in it? LOL

Transfers are OPTIONAL. They are EXTRA. Remember? Everything is EXTRA now :D

Now that you mention it... my chest is a bit tight.

Optional =\= vanity.

Show me something they've added to the CM gamble-packs that isn't vanity.

Instead, we have:

Character Name Change

Legacy Name Change

Guild Name Change

Species Change

Funny -- all of those are optional, but they are SERVICES -- not items. They are charged with CCs instead of a pure RMT to allow subscribers to use their monthly grant. All 4 of the above listed services have equivalent RMTs in other games.

There is absolutely no evidence that they would do anything differently between a Paid Transfer and a Character Name Change.

Lemme guess how this works Eric,

1.) You will need a "Transfer Certificate" to transfer from your server to another.

2.) Transfer Certificates are available from a new kind of gambling pack

3.) The Transfer Certificate will be for a random destination server

4.) The Transfer Certificate will be an ultra rare drop

5.) You have to have Ultimate Hero status with the Cartel Market to use the Transfer Certificate

6.) Transfer Certificates are Single Use, Bind on Pickup

Did I get that right?

Why you so bitter, bro? You know that's not how it's going to work.

If your goal is to spread hate, there are places to spread hate further and wider than you ever could on this little old forum.

1.) You will need a "Transfer Certificate" to transfer from your server to another.

5.) You have to have Ultimate Hero status with the Cartel Market to use the Transfer Certificate

Did I get that right?

They will not be that ignorant for server transfers. They will milk us, just not in this way. He did note "paid transfers", so they will most likely not be free. If they cost reputation, then that would be beyond silly.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didn’t want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

I will update you with more information as I get it, thanks!

-eric

The Correct phrasing is "Champing at the bit"

That is only partially correct - he later clarified, the very same day and within hours, that it would not be CM centric. Don't be all uppity if there's CM items in the update, there will be. There just better be some flipping content to match.

I stand corrected! I missed the post where he elaborated on his original statement!

I don't mind there being CM updates, I was actually looking forward to server transfers. That was until my names were already taken on my ideal destination!

But I agree that 2.2 definitely needs some solid non-CM content. Hopefully something that won't be overshadowed by the long anticipated transfers.

Did I get that right?

Bitter much?

Hmmm...more Cartel stuff Eric? I hope there's a lot more to 2.2 than that.....like....content?!

Since your account page already has Character Transfer tab in it, my guess is this will be an actual paid transfer process, requiring real money from your real pocket. ;)

Which makes sense since a character transfer is different in mechanics from in game unlocks.

Of course those of us with mounds of cartel coins still in our posession would probably prefer it be a CC unlock, but personally I'm fine if they make it an actual account fee based service.

Since your account page already has Character Transfer tab in it, my guess is this will be an actual paid transfer process, requiring real money from your real pocket. ;)

Which makes sense since a character transfer is different in mechanics from in game unlocks.

Of course those of us with mounds of cartel coins still in our posession would probably prefer it be a CC unlock, but personally I'm fine if they make it an actual account fee based service.

You know there will be ************ and moaning "We can't use our precious CC that we have been saving up but we still had to complain about the appearance designer, on Character Transfer" threads

lol at whoever posted random server loot bag via cartel market for the transfer system ..

beyond the current paradigm sucks a fat one: where BW is pushing subscribers towards having to pay for content twice - once with a subscription and then again via the Cartel Market, I find myself wanting to defend Eric Musco here. he is challenged to reply in the post by claims of "bw not responding / can we get a yellow post in here about this" and when he posts everyone taunts and goes on attack mode. it seems like a good way to not ever get a response from the guy again.

we can tell him the microtransaction thing regarding paying subscribers kinda feels like they're trying to nickel and dime people by charging for the same content twice, but you don't have to verbally assault the guy :) he was challenged to respond to the forum thread and he did. win for everyone

Edited by Feztonio

Did I get that right?

Epic!

Hmmm...more Cartel stuff Eric? I hope there's a lot more to 2.2 than that.....like....content?!

Relax...they've already said that 2.2 will be a content patch. People have been crying over paid transfers for months and now that they are finally getting them, you're giving BW a hard time about adding the transfers? Some of you people are unbelievable, lol.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2.

Sweet....now maybe the "when are we getting paid transfers?" people can finally give it a rest in the forums.

Sweet....now maybe the "when are we getting paid transfers?" people can finally give it a rest in the forums.

Nope. We will be onto the next "i must have this". Hmm. Maybe I should make a little widget that I can put in my sig that will randomly display a "must have" item :p

Hey everyone,

I wanted to give an update on paid character transfers as I know it is something that everyone has been chomping at the bit for. The reason for our silence on the issue is that we are still working through some issues with the transfer tool and so we didn’t want to set an expectation on timing and not meet it. Also, it was very important to us that we informed our APAC players of our plans first, since transfers related to their current issues as well.

With that said I wanted to let you know what our current plans are. As it stands today, our goal is to launch character transfers with Game Update 2.2. Now, as I noted above, we are still working through some things so please note that this is just our goal and that it is entirely subject to change.

I will update you with more information as I get it, thanks!

-eric

This is GREAT NEWS!!

Thank you for the update!!!

I recall Eric saying in a previous post that 2.2 contains NO CM features.

He said the FOCUS wouldn't be on CM features, he never said there would be none. He made that clear after the reactions to the post he announced this in. However, CM and Content do have separate teams, so, chances are you will get your content.

eric/ community manager team, if you're still reading this i have request to send to your people:

my toons were split across 3 servers before the transfers. this is because i rerolled after the servers i was on died. i watched populations dwindle to nothing on 2 different servers before i rerolled on the fatman. now, after the merger, they are still on 3 different servers. i know it was my choice to reroll, but i think it would be nice for bioware to take some responsibility and give me an opportunity to consolidate my characters onto a single server without charging me an arm and a leg.

my experience over the last 15 months has been that the leadership at bioware doesn't care about my problems in the game, and doesn't care whether i sub or not. that might be true. i know there are a lot of people on the forums that don't care how many people quit (i've heard you, you don't need to tell me to quit or white-knight this post).

i know a lot of the people at bioware are no longer there, so you're a new team that gets to clean up an old mess. i also know a significant majority of the players in those days are gone and not coming back, so there probably aren't that many of us left for you to help. all i'm saying is, there is an opportunity for you guys to help out those of us burned by a lack of leadership and poor planning on your part in the early days.

i'm not saying i will unsub, but if the best you can do is tell me you'll fix your mistake for an additional $25 per character, i'm going to be upset.

Relax...they've already said that 2.2 will be a content patch. People have been crying over paid transfers for months and now that they are finally getting them, you're giving BW a hard time about adding the transfers? Some of you people are unbelievable, lol.

YOU relax. I'm fine with transfers coming and pleased with this update from Eric on a topic I have zero interest in...but I'd also like a "teaser" of what "I" might be able to look forward to in 2.2. I'm not giving anyone a "hard time", but I find it poorly timed to announce the 1st piece of information on 2.2 as a Cartel buy.