Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

Icebergy

For 1800 Cartel coins I would expect to have at least the following:

• Maximum character slots increased by at least 50% to 18
  • 1800 coins covers all the characters on one server - if you have multiple servers you will need to pay again for each one.
  • Collectors Edition, Founders and Subscribers all to receive a discount on this base cost.

You're hilarious!

1800CC is significantly cheaper for a one-off transfer than "that other game." I think they should've gone up to 2400 per, with an option for a "Legacy-wide" Transfer at around 5500CC +

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will apply to US transfers trust me I did say some of it like the days ,mail , your have been in good standing etc

the usually stuff ...

The only possible restriction I saw was US and EU transfers where EU can't transfer to US and vice versa.

That's a great idea, and I'd be willing to bet that there's a large number of people who would spend $50-60 to move an entire legacy in one fell swoop.

Agreed. In "another MMO", I spent (with tax) $288.43 to Server & Faction change all 5 of my characters since I was unhappy with both the server I was on, and the attitude of those playing my same faction. I did some research, found a high pop server, which was Horde heavy and helpful and moved all 5 toons that same day.

I know not everyone would throw down money like that, but the way I saw it, that was my entertainment, and $300 is like 2 concert tickets. It's all about what you are willing to pay for entertainment, and how much you are willing to put up with. I don't regret spending it one bit. When I came back to SWTOR after taking a year off, the first thing I did was re-sub for the perks, and then invest in some extra CC to unlock certain items which I wanted for my Jedi, and the Cathar race to give it a try. This is all just good fun for a game.

If you're willing to put down 300 bucks, then why on earth would they price a legacy transfer at 50 bucks? :p

Prices are driven by the market, with a minimum baseline set by support costs. If the money they get from charging $20, $50 or $whatever for transfers more than offsets what they lose potentially from the people who decide not to bother due to cost, then that's a win for them.

The only possible restriction I saw was US and EU transfers where EU can't transfer to US and vice versa.

Your account...

•...must be in good standing; you cannot be in a suspended or banned status.

The character you want to transfer...

•...must not have been transferred within the last 72 hours.

•...must be level 10 or higher.

•...must not be a guild leader. (Guild members will not have their guild membership transferred.)

•...should not have any items listed in the Galactic Trade Network. Active Galactic Trade Network listings will not be transferred.

•...should not have any items, credits or mail in their mailbox. In-game mail will not be transferred. (Items and credits in your inventory are unaffected).

•...will have its friends and ignore lists reset.

•...may need to be renamed if your name is already taken on the destination server (you will be prompted for a new name when you log in if this is the case).

•...will have its Legacy name set to your Legacy name on the destination server.

•...will have its Legacy level set to the highest Legacy level between the original and the destination server.

The destination server...

•...must have been open for at least 90 days.

Additional server restrictions may apply. Character transfers may take some time to update on the website. Have questions? See the Character Transfer FAQ for more details.

Unclaimed mail or auctions left on your original server are not eligible for restoration. For more information about transfer restrictions, please visit us HERE

all those may more then likely apply .. in all most all the MMO that do it that's standard . :) .

Edited by tanktest

Your account...

•...must be in good standing; you cannot be in a suspended or banned status.

The character you want to transfer...

•...must not have been transferred within the last 72 hours.

•...must be level 10 or higher.

•...must not be a guild leader. (Guild members will not have their guild membership transferred.)

•...should not have any items listed in the Galactic Trade Network. Active Galactic Trade Network listings will not be transferred.

•...should not have any items, credits or mail in their mailbox. In-game mail will not be transferred. (Items and credits in your inventory are unaffected).

•...will have its friends and ignore lists reset.

•...may need to be renamed if your name is already taken on the destination server (you will be prompted for a new name when you log in if this is the case).

•...will have its Legacy name set to your Legacy name on the destination server.

•...will have its Legacy level set to the highest Legacy level between the original and the destination server.

The destination server...

•...must have been open for at least 90 days.

Additional server restrictions may apply. Character transfers may take some time to update on the website. Have questions? See the Character Transfer FAQ for more details.

Unclaimed mail or auctions left on your original server are not eligible for restoration. For more information about transfer restrictions, please visit us HERE

all those may more then likely apply ..

no ****.......

Just to confirm, transferring one character doesn't destroy our Legacy on the server it came from, does it?

So essentially we'd have two identical Legacies on different servers after moving just one character.

I ask because I'm thinking about moving just one character to try out a new server.

It's a fairly low-level character but I'd like to spend some time experiencing the server before I commit more characters to it so I can see if it's somewhere I want to be.

If it's not, I don't want to give up what I have on my current server.

1800 Cartel Coins? OK. Let me get this straight. You guys screwed this game up so bad that we've already gone through multiple server consolidations. There have been MILLIONS of people who tried SWTOR and left because of your inadequacies. Populations are again waning because of all your bad decisions. So as a special treat you make yet another bad decision and charge the last few remaining people left here a fee for what amounts to the execution of a stored proc on your DB? Still get figure out why people are leaving this game in droves?

1800 Cartel Coins? OK. Let me get this straight. You guys screwed this game up so bad that we've already gone through multiple server consolidations. There have been MILLIONS of people who tried SWTOR and left because of your inadequacies. Populations are again waning because of all your bad decisions. So as a special treat you make yet another bad decision and charge the last few remaining people left here a fee for what amounts to the execution of a stored proc on your DB? Still get figure out why people are leaving this game in droves?

Just stop..... seriously just stop.

Edited by Ultramecha

LOL Anzel.

I know you'd be unhappy. God forbid they do exactly what every other MMO does.

QQ QQ I'll loan you some money if you need....just **** already.

Will there be a cooldown on transfers? How often can you transfer the same character? Can you transfer a character back to a server it's already been on?

Good question. I bet the answer is yes.... and it's 30 days. Character renames are on a 30 day cooldown, for example.

At least its transfer 3 for only 40 bucks, that's saving you 20 bucks....I stopped leveling on the origin server because I know I'm done with the origin server. I'm just transferring 3 characters+the legacy and leaving one character I don't really like anyway.

Good question. I bet the answer is yes.... and it's 30 days. Character renames are on a 30 day cooldown, for example.

Thought it was a 72 hour cooldown.

SideNote: 5 Pages passed already, that's a lot of reading Eric, appreciate it man.

Edited by Jonoku

LOL Anzel.

I know you'd be unhappy.

LOL... yep. And no free dyes with the move either. :p

God forbid they do exactly what every other MMO does.

AND at a lower price, AND you can use cartel coins instead of being forced to pay real dollars.

I do agree with some earlier posts about bulkdiscounts for full legacy moves... but then again that would require additional coding and handling on their end... so I can see it not being available (at least not for the time being).

Edited by Andryah

LOL Anzel.

I know you'd be unhappy. God forbid they do exactly what every other MMO does.

I don't have an issue with paid transfers in general, but be careful what you say. They have pretty much copied exactly what other MMOs do with very little success. This game is basically being carried by the Star Wars name at this point, not because they do what everyone else does.

Hey folks,

I know there have been quite a few questions around paid character transfers so I spent some time rounding up the answers to the more heavily asked ones and here they are! If there are any that I missed please feel free to post them in this thread and I will see what I can find out.

-eric

Is the "big pvp patch" coming in patch 2.4 going to include cross-server PVP queues? A lot of people are considering switching servers to be on more PVP focused servers for better ranked queue times, and it would be unfortunate to "waste" money on a transfer when cross-server queues are coming in a couple months.

1800 per character is fine...if you only have 1 or 2 characters. A Legacy option really should be available though for people with more characters. Imagine if they've purchased Cartel Items on the characters they're leaving behind...that's a bit unfair imo.