Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

Icebergy

Or at the very least are these going to be items at some point that can be bought off the gtn?

I'm hoping we will see them put a "Legacy Transfer" into place -- but judging the problems that are happening with APAC transfers now, It'll take a while to develop and test properly.

I doubt we will ever see these purchasable on the GTN. You won't even be buying these through the CM from the sounds of it -- you make the purchase on the website, but it uses CCs.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While just that many cartel coins for a single toon may not be too bad, since it has taken so long to implement I now have nearly a dozen characters on a server that is on the other coast. (Didn't bother putting new ones on a now closer server because "Soon" may never of happened)

Since legacy is only server wide just moving some would be cutting my legacy in half an idea that seem unfathomable to me.

So my question is for 2x or 3x the price are we gonna be seeing full legacy, server to server transfers at any point?

Because nearly 2k cartel coins times nearly 12, is a hell of a lot. too much in fact.

Or at the very least are these going to be items at some point that can be bought off the gtn?

Its your fault you rolled 12 toons on a bad server??

Seriously, 13 bucks to transfer servers in bulk now. Really cheap. Deal with it. I'm not happy with everything Bioware does, especially PvP aspects, but this particular price point/option they did quite well.

That's a great idea, and I'd be willing to bet that there's a large number of people who would spend $50-60 to move an entire legacy in one fell swoop.

Agreed. In "another MMO", I spent (with tax) $288.43 to Server & Faction change all 5 of my characters since I was unhappy with both the server I was on, and the attitude of those playing my same faction. I did some research, found a high pop server, which was Horde heavy and helpful and moved all 5 toons that same day.

I know not everyone would throw down money like that, but the way I saw it, that was my entertainment, and $300 is like 2 concert tickets. It's all about what you are willing to pay for entertainment, and how much you are willing to put up with. I don't regret spending it one bit. When I came back to SWTOR after taking a year off, the first thing I did was re-sub for the perks, and then invest in some extra CC to unlock certain items which I wanted for my Jedi, and the Cathar race to give it a try. This is all just good fun for a game.

Its your fault you rolled 12 toons on a bad server??

Seriously, 13 bucks to transfer servers in bulk now. Really cheap. Deal with it. I'm not happy with everything Bioware does, especially PvP aspects, but this particular price point/option they did quite well.

Your reading comprehension needs work, I didn't saying anything about it being a bad server, I said that the server is now permanently on the wrong coast, and who wouldn't rather have 40 latency than 110?

Thanks so much for the update, Eric! Now I can decide who gets transferred and start organizing my stuff and "packing" in preparation! I am quite pleased with the pricing, if buying the largest amount of coins it is quite affordable. :) I am glad to hear that the higher Legacy will take precedence, too.

There is one thing I am wondering about names, though. You mention that if your character's name is taken "by another player", you will have to rename. But I have two versions of the same character on different servers, with the same name -- does that mean I will have to rename the version that is on my "destination" server, instead of the character that I am transferring? I'm also wondering about this because I have made a couple of placeholder characters to save the names of certain characters I plan to transfer, and this has me wondering if I should delete these placeholders before I do the transfers or if the characters I am transferring over will get to keep their names anyway.

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.

-eric

The biggest question IMO still remains, will server transfers be unrestricted, that is, can you server from any server to any server? Or will there be restrictions based on server type, location, etc?

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

Good question, I assume that if you transfer all your characters over, you'd have a flag for rename, but I think the safest thing to do delete a character and immediately be ready to transfer the other one over, then move on to the next one. Never underestimate bad luck with people just happening to try to create a character.

I seriously doubt they'd place any restrictions on what kind of server you can move to, it wouldn't serve any good purpose, and obviously they are technically capable since they're allowing APAC people to go wherever they want.

Edited by chuixupu

Hey folks,

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.

-eric

Thanks for the info. What happens with reputations? If I'm transferring a toon with a legacy to another server with a legacy, Will the highest rep be kept? Will they be added together? Is it possible to lose that rep on the destination server/legacy? Specifically I'm referring to contraband resale rep, and the citizens of makeb rep.

An example, I'm planning on transferring a toon with both of those reps at lower levels than the destination server/legacy. What will the reps be when that toon arrives?

-eric

I appreciate the update :D. I have a question, first let me state my goals.

My plan is to move 3 characters with their legacy to merge with another legacy I already have on another server. With that being said, I also want to leave one character behind but I want the legacy to transfer with the 3 characters. Its conflicted if I have a hard time transferring my legacy with the 3 characters to my destination server.

So how will segregating your characters and legacy work when you transfer? Do you need to transfer all characters off the server to transfer your legacy? Or you don't need to?

Thanks Eric :D

Thanks for the info. What happens with reputations? If I'm transferring a toon with a legacy to another server with a legacy, Will the highest rep be kept? Will they be added together? Is it possible to lose that rep on the destination server/legacy? Specifically I'm referring to contraband resale rep, and the citizens of makeb rep.

An example, I'm planning on transferring a toon with both of those reps at lower levels than the destination server/legacy. What will the reps be when that toon arrives?

I'm probably not gonna help but as far as I know or at least I think I know....

Regardless, the higher level legacy replaces the lower level legacy.

I'm not gonna link my post no point in fact I wish could delete it , I did look before I made one, would stayed with this one had it poped up in a search . :) ..

but

Is the first one still free I read a while back or was that just for the ones going today ?

no I don't have a issues paying for it .:) will be glad to pay for it .

Hey folks,

-eric

Edited by tanktest

I seriously doubt they'd place any restrictions on what kind of server you can move to, it wouldn't serve any good purpose, and obviously they are technically capable since they're allowing APAC people to go wherever they want.

Never assume anything. And they'd be wise to place restrictions IMO. It'll mean the death of PvP on all servers except Bastion and Pot5 if they don't.

Thank you for the reply.

But i have some question.

I have like 10 toons to transfer. I hope u will do a group transfer thing. Coz i don't like pay 300€

If u think u will do in 2.2 or 2.3, i'll wait to transfer all my toons.

Last question, I'm from PVE-The Red Eclipse-EU, and want to go to PvP-Tomb of Freedom Nadd-EU.

Can i do ? or just From a PvE to another PvE ?

Thank you.

Bye bye.

There is one thing I am wondering about names, though. You mention that if your character's name is taken "by another player", you will have to rename. But I have two versions of the same character on different servers, with the same name -- does that mean I will have to rename the version that is on my "destination" server, instead of the character that I am transferring? I'm also wondering about this because I have made a couple of placeholder characters to save the names of certain characters I plan to transfer, and this has me wondering if I should delete these placeholders before I do the transfers or if the characters I am transferring over will get to keep their names anyway.

Good Question :D

I just want to say keep up the questions because its helping everyone else that might have the same question in mind :D

Good Job All :cool:

Thank you for the reply.

But i have some question.

I have like 10 toons to transfer. I hope u will do a group transfer thing. Coz i don't like pay 300€

If u think u will do in 2.2 or 2.3, i'll wait to transfer all my toons.

Last question, I'm from PVE-The Red Eclipse-EU, and want to go to PvP-Tomb of Freedom Nadd-EU.

Can i do ? or just From a PvE to another PvE ?

Thank you.

Bye bye.

Paid Transfers are unrestricted. Go where you want.

Never assume anything. And they'd be wise to place restrictions IMO. It'll mean the death of PvP on all servers except Bastion and Pot5 if they don't.

If they added restrictions there wouldn't be paid transfers but rather free transfers. I think your a minority with that dictator mind set.

How do you know this? I'd like to see a dev confirm this.

Read the Transfer FAQ and look up Paid Transfers. Stop whining because you aren't allowed to trap everyone on the island like North Korea.

Edited by Jonoku

How do you know this? I'd like to see a dev confirm this.

ALSO log in to your account click the link to charater transfers there is some limits that apply and by the looks of them will go live on the 11th or about .. .:)

Edited by tanktest

ALSO log in to account click the link to charater transfers there is some limits that apply and by the looks of them will go live on the 11th or about .. .:)

That's regarding the merges not the Paid Transfers bud ;)

For 1800 Cartel coins I would expect to have at least the following:

• Maximum character slots increased by at least 50% to 18
  • 1800 coins covers all the characters on one server - if you have multiple servers you will need to pay again for each one.
  • Collectors Edition, Founders and Subscribers all to receive a discount on this base cost.

For 1800 Cartel coins I would expect to have at least the following:

• Maximum character slots increased by at least 50% to 18
  • 1800 coins covers all the characters on one server - if you have multiple servers you will need to pay again for each one.
  • Collectors Edition, Founders and Subscribers all to receive a discount on this base cost.

Were is this posted at ^ ? .

all I see so far is

How much do transfers cost?

Paid character transfers cost 1800 Cartel Coins per character. The purchase must be made using Cartel Coins.

Edited by tanktest