The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

I was playing my yougin Shadow and queued for the Esseles FP as tank. My group had another Shadow as a tank so we co-tanked. We had two queued as healers, a Scoundrel and a Sage. The Sage didn't heal at all, he was acting as a DPS, and it was frustrating. Since we were so low level (highest was 14, I was 11) it didn't matter, but man if we were any higher we would've died.

You were perfectly reasonable IMO. If a group is going to skip some fights via stealth, they need to come back to let replacements in.

Reminds me of one run I did of Karagga's Palace once, pre-2.0...

It was a 16man PUG, and we got through the first two bosses easily. We skip a bunch of the Kintan Crusher trash on the way to good old Forehead Crusher, but wiped on the boss himself. We then spent 30 minutes trying to regroup, because with 16 people running back from the checkpoint, at least one would aggro something while trying to sneak through, and then because we were spread out the mobs would pick us off one by one. And then we'd all need to respawn and try again. I kept saying we should just go back and clear some trash, but nobody else would hear of it. Eventually enough people got sick of it and dropped group that we turned it into an 8man run and polished off the rest of the Op without trouble.

That is why I hate skipping trash and such. If you just took an extra 15-20 minutes to kill the stuff (or less, in a FP) you'd save hours of wasted time because you couldn't finish cause nobody could get regrouped after a boss wipe. Especially in FPs, is it really worth it to save 5min? I don't think so.

I was playing my yougin Shadow and queued for the Esseles FP as tank. My group had another Shadow as a tank so we co-tanked. We had two queued as healers, a Scoundrel and a Sage. The Sage didn't heal at all, he was acting as a DPS, and it was frustrating. Since we were so low level (highest was 14, I was 11) it didn't matter, but man if we were any higher we would've died.

Really, you barely need anything in the way of heals for that one, and definitely don't need two acting as tanks. Your mods are no different between DPS/Heals/Tanks at that point, so for the most part it really doesn't matter who does what as long as you're all on your toes. Chillax and enjoy the boredom that is the Esseles =p

Really, you barely need anything in the way of heals for that one, and definitely don't need two acting as tanks. Your mods are no different between DPS/Heals/Tanks at that point, so for the most part it really doesn't matter who does what as long as you're all on your toes. Chillax and enjoy the boredom that is the Esseles =p

Guess I've been running 55 HM FPs too long :p

lol, fun thread, took ages but I finally got to the last page of it. :D Since I have a few stories on that matter and I GF a lot, I thought I could write a couple of stories here, to share my fun.

First story, happened a few days ago. I logged my merc healer, lvl 24 at that time, after 6 months away from game. I need to say, I usually play tanks, so healing is a new world to me, and it was the same before my leave. After some time spent re-learning skills, rotations and so on, I decide to try doing a FP. I heard the new Tactical FP was manageable, and the role-free approach would have stressed me less as healer. Well, I spend some time "studying" to be prepared, then queued. Fast pop, just a few minutes, and as I enter I have a full dps team with me: 2 maras, lvl 15 and 46, and a merc lvl 23. I play both classes between alts and so on, so I'm confident I can keep them up and understand if they struggle. We start well, greetings and all, then I admit it's my 1st time there and ask for some patience. They all say np, which makes me feel well, all considered. :rolleyes: As we start, I keep Rapid Shooting myself to build stacks and be ready when we fight, but as soon as we enter the first room with mobs, everyone agroes a different mob. :eek: I go in panic, running around throwing heals on everyone, rapidshooting and stunning adds as often as possible. Noone dropped below 60% health except the merc, much to my surprise, since it was the one I threw most heals to. I noticed she overheated a lot during fight too, because I saw her rapidshooting a lot more than she should have on the middle tree. Well np, noone died so I'm not mad at them, I just ask not to aggro multiple mobs at once, others apologize and off we go again. Things go smoothly for a while, till the 2nd floor - unsure what term to use here, you know, after you use the elevator ;) - where the merc just runs away as me and the maras attack and destroy a particularly numerous mob. After we annihilated them, we noticed we were still in combat, so I open map and notice the merc is in another room altogether, fighting I can't say how many enemies alone. "Run to us!" I type in chat, then proceed to run to the merc with the 2 maras. We get there as the merc dies. I feel bad, but I haven't got teleport so there's no way I could have ket her up. Well, she resps and I ask again not to run away solo, because I can't keep everyone up otherwise. After that things went smoothly, and the highest lvl mara even complemented my healings as we were parting ways. :D The low lvl mara simply thanked me for not letting him die, saying most healers simply ignored his health dropping fast and focused on others. The merc just left. I hope she understood that running around is not a smart idea in a FP, because I was lucky I got mastery over my char back fast, or things would have been a lot harder. :D

Second story, low lvl once again, but that's where you get the most fun if others mistake things. :D Well, I was on my sniper, left on fleet right in front of the Black Talon FP doors before my leave, and I decide to queue for it to get a fast test-drive. Queue pops fast and we get a 3 dps and 1 tank team: me, lvl 11, 2 jugs - 1 dps lvl 11, 1 tank lvl 14 - and a mara, lvl 12. Well, guess I'll be sharpshooting things from afar and picking on weakened enemies to dispose of them, I say. We all say hello, then start. First fight, the tanking jug drops health FAST: I play both a jug tank and a guardian tank, with slightly different point distribution on skill trees, but I never dropped that fast with a single gold, not even at lvl 14 as he was. His stance was ok, so that was not the problem. :eek: Well, I'm no healer so I can't do anything to help. The jug then tells me to heal him. I kneeled before fight and my ballistic shield showed quite clearly what class I was, but I proceeed to say it anyway: I'm a Sniper, not an Operative, I have no healing skills. Well, the guy just shuts up and never speaks again for the rest of the FP. :confused: He tunnelvisioned only the strongest enemy, leaving others to the other dps, as I picked the weakened ones and killed them fast - lost of target swapping there. I managed to pull only from the tank, the dps had no issues at keeping agro, much to my surprise. :D Well, we get to the Jedi Padawan, after a lot of fights where the tank had like 1-3% health left at the end, while everyone else resisted hits a lot better, never dropped below 25% health; being far away made things a lot easier on me, and in fact I never dropped below 50%. Well, I explain tactics, the other dps were there 1st time and the tank was mute, so... As we enter and start the fight, the tank goes to those 3 enemies right after the boss and agroes them. Then he takes them to us, so we had to face BOTH the boss AND the adds after it. Well, I used strategy there: since everyone got on me, I ran to the exploding thing and shoot it, killing the 2 normal adds and weakening the silver mob and the boss. Others focused the boss, and while I was still holding agro, I ran to the electric thing and did the same, once again. The silver mob died, luckily, and the tank got his agro back on the boss. Finally, I was at 10% health at that point, tanking the boss and the mobs alone... :rolleyes: Well, the boss obviously kept her mechanics on, pulling all and doing aoe around, so we got some dmg from that too. The only death was, guess who? The tank, who NEVER moved away from aoe even though I explained clearly that it was necessary to run or the dmg would have been massive. We finish the FP shortly after, then part ways. I've never been more amazed in a low lvl FP. I mean, by that point, even though you've never grouped for something like it, you should know that agroing mobs while fighting a boss is usualy a bad idea... :p

Well, these are 2 from me, hope you enjoy them. I'll probably add a few more as they come to my mind, because I've been quite unlucky with my GF. Thank you all for reading this, and thanks to everyone who wrote here. It was really fun to read these stories. :D

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

Kuat low-level: At the end of the Flashpoint, 6 people have been in that group.

I'm on my lvl 48 AP Powertech and decide to list for Kuat, because I didn't want to do many quests on Voss. Soon I get a group (1 Healer, 3 dps) and off we go.

The first player to stand out was Mr. Quit. He left the group before the first dialogue. We list for another player and soon we get a tank joining us.

While Mr. Tank is catching up, the three of us start the cell holding scenario. I ask:

"Does anybody need prisoners?"

This triggered a whole flood of posts from our Healer, which I shall call Mr. Complaint, about how stupid these prisoners achievements were and how they require much too much time etc.

The third person (sorcerer dps) just asked:

"PRISONERS?" (I will call him Mr. CAPS for the rest of the post.)

So we go and free the prisoners. Mr. CAPS and Mr. Tank didn't feel like clicking the cell consoles, so Mr. Complaint and I did most of this. After a while Mr. Complaint continued to lament about how much time the achievement would take and that he wasn't here for the fun of it.

On that comment I decided to check the achievements of Mr. Complaint to get an idea, what kind of player I was dealing with. His achievements were low across the board, except in Warzones. So I was dealing with a PvPer. Not just a PvPer, unfortunately, but an authentic cliché PvPer (no offense intended against any real PvPers).

We went on and eventually Mr. CAPS told Mr. Complaint to "CHILL OUT". This helped for a while, but Mr. Complaint kept posting things that were lacking context (I think, he was whispering with Mr. CAPS most of the time).

Eventually, we reached the final boss and it was the droid. I wasn't very happy about that, because this boss is somewhat annoying for Melee and we had only one ranged. While I was getting into position, Mr. Complaint posted another flood of posts with instructions for dummies (kill the adds, leave the Kolto tanks to me, etc).

We pulled and things went south really fast. Mr. CAPS, our only ranged dps, ignored the adds. In fact, he didn't do anything most of the time, except standing there.

With Mr. Tank not moving out of the suppression fields, he died pretty fast.

I spent the next few minutes Rapid Shooting my way from one droid to the next one and tanking the boss, while not placing any conal attacks near our healer. Needless to say, the boss didn't take much damage. Meanwhile, Mr. Complaint was flooding the chat with posts like (more caps involved than I'm using here)

"Sorc, kill the adds!"

"Tank, release at the entrance!"

With those two not reacting, he went on a rant about f2p and eventually voted to kick Mr. Tank. I ignored the vote kick, since I was busy fighting (and I didn't want to restart the fight, because I was sure that it would take a lot of time again to no better result.) In the middle of all this, Mr. CAPS suddenly asked (no caps this time):

"Anybody watching Clone Wars?"

In the end, Mr. Complaint died and Mr. CAPS and I shortly after. With the vote kick expired and Mr. Tank still not reviving, I initiate a second votekick (with an explanation, why I didn't votekick earlier).

The following chat discussion looked about as follows (just add many f2p complaints by Mr. Complaint in between):

Mr. CAPS (probably to Mr. Complaint): "You know that insults get censored?" (I guess, these insults came in whispers.)

Me: "<Mr. CAPS>, you have to kill the droids that spawn at the sides. I will deal with the boss then."

Mr. CAPS: "But I'm stronger than you." (Note that the boss was attacking me the whole time after our tanks death and I was busy with the adds most of the time. Mr. CAPS wasn't even on a higher level than I was, so no misinformation about bolster either.)

Me: "Well, since you're stronger than me, you should kill the adds. Killing them has highest priority." (Not really true, but if it would make him do what I needed...)

Mr. Complaint: "<Me>, I admire your serenity."

At this point, another healer - Mr. Silent - fills the missing slot. Once he has arrived, I pull again. This time, whenever Mr. Complaint reminded Mr. CAPS to attack the adds, he would actually do it, but he still spent a lot of time standing around, so I was Rapid Shooting again. And again, at some point in the middle of the fight, Mr. CAPS typed in chat:

"Anybody watching Clone Wars?"

We down the boss this time and I drop the group as fast as I can. I haven't managed to find such a chaotic FP-group since pre-1.3. Strange folks indeed.

*snip*

HOLY wall of text! :D and now to read the damn thing ::D

Edit:

...but as soon as we enter the first room with mobs...

...Things go smoothly for a while, till the 2nd floor...

The low lvl mara simply thanked me for not letting him die, saying most healers simply ignored his health dropping fast and focused on others.

... Well, I explain tactics...

3 things:

1) KDY is scenario based so it's not all the same all the time, if you could give some info as to the scenario it would help :rolleyes:

2) Poor baby Mara! But he's low level, and sadly not a priority for a healer at low levels without a full bag of tricks... That said, he ran into some god awful groups by the sound of it, give him a hug next time you see him (my guess is he needs it :D )

3) Tactics at BT sm? Only thing that I can think of Is the pull+channeled push that the Jedi does, and most groups even staying there live to tell about it.

Edited by toha

Perhaps the strangest run I've ever done on SM Hammer Station, and I literally just got through.

I'm on my fresh, level 19 Jedi Guardian. She has (almost) 5K health, and can tank HS with almost no problem-- I've done it multiple times before. :p

When I join, I notice two odd things:

-One, Sentinal1 is in gear from Tython. They have 2075 HP, one green lightsaber, and an Eradicator's Mask with no mods in it.

I proceeded to ask him why he was in such awful gear, and he responds, "sorry havnt ben 2 corasant". He's level 15. (Really?!)

-Two, Sentinal2 has no Lightsaber stance whatsoever.

I notice this after the first pull. I proceed to send him a whisper,

"Do you mind putting up one of your lightsaber stances?"

Nothing.

We get to the most difficult pull of the FP-- the one with the two Elite Droids-- and I begin typing, "Healer, do you mind CCing the marked droid?" Before I can even type "Do", what does Sentinal2 do? He leaps in. He's cut down almost instantly.

We manage to clear the group and revive him. "[sentinal2], can you please let me start the fights?"

Nothing.

We kill the Tunneler, and the heavy headpiece drops.

Sentinal1: Greed

Me: Greed (my gear is better)

Healer: Greed

Sentinal2: Need

"Sentinal2, you can't use heavy armor. Please don't need what you can't use."

Silence. For two minutes. Then:

"Sorry."

I'm almost laughing, annoyed by Sentinal2. Regardless, I let it slide-- I didn't need to use the headpiece, and he was probably just a noob.

We get to the very next pull, and the strangest things I've ever seen happens.

Sentinal1 and Healer disconnect. At. The. Same. Time.

We finish the fight, and I then drop group. I didn't feel like getting a replacement; nerves were high today and I was not in the mood for another bad group.

HOLY wall of text! :D and now to read the damn thing ::D

Yeah, sorry about lenght, but: :(

1. I prefer to tell stories in a way I like, so usually in full details;

2. I'm kind of chatty;

3. Hopefully, they'll be fun.

So yes, sorry again guys, but that's how I am. :o

Not taking the comment badly, ofc, just explaining. :rolleyes:

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

Yeah, sorry about lenght, but: :(

1. I prefer to tell stories in a way I like, so usually in full details;

2. I'm kind of chatty;

3. Hopefully, they'll be fun.

So yes, sorry again guys, but that's how I am. :o

Not taking the comment badly, ofc, just explaining. :rolleyes:

This thread is full of long posts, it's why we're here :D

NGL, Reason "Mr CAPS" Probably didnt do much was because The Clone Wars season 6 was just put on Netflix, was probably alt tabbing to keep up with it :p

Side Note: Season 6 rocked, I would honestly understand doing nothing in an FP to keep watching it :p

today i think i've been the weirdo..joined Gf just to unstuck me from a ''death rock+tree formation'' on belsavis, since: /stuck didn't work, even after second try..you cannot quick travel while moving..so i pugged a FP with GF..just after joining i explained the situation, whished good day and exited area X-D Edited by JouerTue
grammar

3 things:

1) KDY is scenario based so it's not all the same all the time, if you could give some info as to the scenario it would help :rolleyes:

2) Poor baby Mara! But he's low level, and sadly not a priority for a healer at low levels without a full bag of tricks... That said, he ran into some god awful groups by the sound of it, give him a hug next time you see him (my guess is he needs it :D )

3) Tactics at BT sm? Only thing that I can think of Is the pull+channeled push that the Jedi does, and most groups even staying there live to tell about it.

Well, the 1st floor was the prisoners' cells area, while the second was that area where you need to destroy missile warheads, those gigantic generators (or at least I think they are generators...may be wrong though) and some other stuff I can't recall now. :D

As for BT SM, well, all I said was to get away from the jedi when she pulls us to avoid a huge aoe dmg... That was my tactic. But nope, too hard to keep in mind, I guess. DPS figured though, after the first time. ;)

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

Well, the 1st floor was the prisoners' cells area, while the second was that area where you need to destroy missile warheads, those gigantic generators (or at least I think they are generators...may be wrong though) and some other stuff I can't recall now. :D

As for BT SM, well, all I said was to get away from the jedi when she pulls us to avoid a huge aoe dmg... That was my tactic. But nope, too hard to keep in mind, I guess. DPS figured though, after the first time. ;)

You'd be surprised how long it takes for people to understand that :D

Had a group some time back on my Sorc that it took for people 6-7 times of getting hit by the damn thing untill they got it, looking back it was probably the longest FP I ever did, how we got to the point of getting hit more then 3 times by the thing I'll never know :rolleyes:

Edited by toha

Today on Days of Our Bads....

False Emperor [HARD].

Yeah, we didn't even make it through the first pull, when we discovered that our heal-Sorc didn't feel like healing, and the one Whirlwind I got off --I'm spec'ed with the multi-target one, as I do a lot of solo PvE, where it's very helpful-- was broken by everyone DPS'ing something different, and AoE-breaking the CC on the Elite droids. Both of them. And the patroller that the healer decided to try and solo for whatever reason.

Naturally, we get urp-sploded in due course.

Sometimes, there really is nothing you can do but type "sorry, RL aggro, gotta go," zone out, and re-queue.

I just wish I knew why seemingly every single useless bad in this game chose Bergeren Colony as their server :/

Oh man.

Pugged into a Hammer Station on my lowbie Shadow, just respecced into tanking to learn it, got grouped with a Scoundrel healer, Sage dps, and Guardian dps. Well, first pull in and I know the Guardian's gonna be a problem. Tanking stance and taunting. Seeing as it's eleven pm, I don't feel like correcting her and merely taunt right back off her. Slapped a shield on the Sage since he seems to be putting half his points in healing (and the Guardian had already guarded our healer) as it is (got several off heals from him when our Scoundrel was struggling to keep the Guardian up, but kudos to her for being such an amazing healer)

We made it through with no wipes, and that I attribute to our Scoundrel healer, in all honesty. :rak_01:

Today on Days of Our Bads....

False Emperor [HARD].

Yeah, we didn't even make it through the first pull, when we discovered that our heal-Sorc didn't feel like healing, and the one Whirlwind I got off --I'm spec'ed with the multi-target one, as I do a lot of solo PvE, where it's very helpful-- was broken by everyone DPS'ing something different, and AoE-breaking the CC on the Elite droids. Both of them. And the patroller that the healer decided to try and solo for whatever reason.

Naturally, we get urp-sploded in due course.

Sometimes, there really is nothing you can do but type "sorry, RL aggro, gotta go," zone out, and re-queue.

I just wish I knew why seemingly every single useless bad in this game chose Bergeren Colony as their server :/

RP Server, no? Focus probably isn't on learning the classes properly for many a player there.

RP Server, no? Focus probably isn't on learning the classes properly for many a player there.

Yeah, but the RP isn't all that good, either.

(Why, yes, Apprentice: Let us loudly discuss the deepest, most forbidden secrets of the dark side of the Force right here in this cantina, in front of the whole Galaxy and its wife.)

NGL, Reason "Mr CAPS" Probably didnt do much was because The Clone Wars season 6 was just put on Netflix, was probably alt tabbing to keep up with it :p

I know. Thing is, this happened a few weeks ago. It just took a while, until I digested it to the point, where I could write it down.

On the other hand, I wouldn't queue for a Flashpoint, if I knew that I would be watching something else at the same time. Alt tabbing for music control every few minutes already slows me down enough.;)

did you post it on every sigle post u could find ?? i already reported you 10 times ...

Well, it's allowed to put it in your sign, so I don't really get why this guy does this... It'll earn him nothing but crap from the community

1. - HM FE on my level 53 Sin, with gear all over the place. Healer is 50, one DPS about 53 and a 55 Mara. I go around sapping to ease the job on the healer due to my gear. Mara just leaps in, at which point I stealth out. I can be a bit of a primadona as a tank, but as this is my last toon to level I have been through a lot and just am tired of this kinda ****. I kinda pity the healer but he catches on and only heals the other DPS. As soon as the Mara goes down, I run back in and AoE taunt the stuff and kill it.

Mara comes back: "So you are one of those ****tards?"

Me: "Just don't pull."

We get to the next pull, which are the two droids, I proceed to pull/push one of them off the ledge and grab the other one. By the time it is down to 50% the Mara types: "Are you ready tanky poo?" I finish off the Droid and immediately vote to kick stating reason as "Is a dick". I was considering saying he goes or I go but whatever =D. Before the vote even takes place Mara says: "**** you all" to which the healer responds only with "=.=" and the vote goes through. We grab a companion and finish the FP, with a DPS joining on HK-47.

2. - HM Czerka Labs on my Jugg who is mainly a tank. Queue puts me as DPS. I look at my DPS set which is laughable at 58/61s so I just switch implants/ears and power generator and go in with my tank gear, hoping nobody checks =D. Picked Vengeance as it is pretty good post 2.6. I notice the other three guys are from the same guild. They immediately proceed to pull the whole staircase, completely ignore the keys which I am collecting but at least they know about the short cut. We start on the Droid boss, I leap in Shatter-Ravage-Impale-Ravage-Scream and end up tanking. The Sin takes a while to realise this and taunt of (my defence gear was working overtime there =D). Electricity activates, but the Sin ignores it. Props to the healer keeping him up. We kill the boss and move to the jumping guy. I pull threat twice at the start and then again when the boss is about 30% (Guess the sin just was not taking and did not really do a proper rotation.) They all die to the rockets and I end up being the last one standing. Do my best but can't get him down before he kills me. Second pull is easier, tank and other DPS still die to rockets but the healer and I were able to finish it.

Last boss, everybody ignores the adds so I just end up running around opening the vats.

In short, Vengeance is great =D.

Edited by Darth_Dreselus

Side Note: Season 6 rocked, I would honestly understand doing nothing in an FP to keep watching it :p

Wow thanks i didn't know that :D