The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Did an HM EV run, the tank decided to troll us at SOA.

Usually you lure Soa to the blue circles on the ground at the final phase so DPS can burn him. He did everything except kite him towards the circle. When we tried to take agro from the boss he taunted back immediately. As long as we where in combat there wasn't much that we can do except to explain the tactics (which he reminded us that he knew). He decided to 'play' with SOA a while..

Fortunately we where able to pull the tank to the circle so we could burn Soa, but still it is a bit of a nasty move on his part.

He might have had the bug where the blue circles were not visible to him at all, but if that was the case, he should have mentioned it. It happens a lot in EV HM. My experience in HM EV lately: only one out of five runs don't bug somehow.

He might have had the bug where the blue circles were not visible to him at all, but if that was the case, he should have mentioned it. It happens a lot in EV HM. My experience in HM EV lately: only one out of five runs don't bug somehow.

There are no blue circles on Soa in HM. There is a shadow, but you need to have the graphics settings up to at least medium to see it. And sometimes the pylons do indeed not show up, so if you are on low graphics settings and the pylons bug, you are SOL.

There are no blue circles on Soa in HM. There is a shadow, but you need to have the graphics settings up to at least medium to see it. And sometimes the pylons do indeed not show up, so if you are on low graphics settings and the pylons bug, you are SOL.

That makes sense, and seems I learn something new every day. :) I've never tanked EV, I just know a lot of people say they don't see it. If I ever have to tank it, I'll know to set my graphics a bit higher before Soa. Thanks!

I havent had time to read thru all 501 pages so forgive me if someone has said the same thing.

The weird I have encountered are more of the folks that say nothing and race thru the entire FP taking no consideration for the other team mates who may want to get the bonus.

They just race thru to the final boss as fast as they can.

Why cant they do master flashpoints or something so players like me (who arent speed demons) can enioy the game.

You say “hi” or try to be friendly and they are bizarre sociopaths.

Its crazy how others will drop out because others on the team arent familiar with a FP.

If no one responds at the beginning of a flashpoint when you say hello, it's worth considering dropping and re-entering the queue. Being stuck with an antisocial group almost never bodes well.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

If no one responds at the beginning of a flashpoint when you say hello, it's worth considering dropping and re-entering the queue. Being stuck with an antisocial group almost never bodes well.

I don't expect people to buddy up to me, but I was raised to be polite. It's not that much different than when I'm ignored by a customer I greet at work.

Two minor stories: a couple months ago, or whenever the Primeval Stalker set was on the cartel market, my Marauder on Star Forge(which was still Ebon Hawk I think) loaded into tactical False Emperor. The tank doesn't move along very quickly, and basically doesn't know his job. He then notices my character's outfit and asks how I afforded it. I told him that he just missed it in the CM. He goes "darn"...and asks me to buy it off the GTN for him. I had never seen this person before in my life; why would I go out of my way to hunt down one of the most expensive armor sets in the game, especially since I hadn't been grinding on that character for a while?

And something minor that I don't remember posting: one character on what used to be TRE was doing KP SM, with a PUG, I pulled out a pet and was immediately told "no pets during a raid". Again, this was a PUG, not a guild run, or me joining a raiding guild.

There is a bug in the game where certain AoE healing abilities may hit pets rather than other players, reducing the effectiveness of the healers. I'm not sure why THOSE pugs told you no pets in an op, but that's why I do it. In my case, it's not meant to deprive people of their fun, it's to avoid a long-term bug.

There is a bug in the game where certain AoE healing abilities may hit pets rather than other players, reducing the effectiveness of the healers. I'm not sure why THOSE pugs told you no pets in an op, but that's why I do it. In my case, it's not meant to deprive people of their fun, it's to avoid a long-term bug.

Yeah. In addition to that, pets can also bug specific encounters. Coratanni/Ruugar is the worst bug - if anybody has a pet out during the Coratanni fight, killing Pearl and using the escape pod will return everybody to the beginning of the Coratanni fight, rather than moving on to Ruugar, and you have to do the whole first half of the boss fight over again.

In general, it's just good practice not to have pets out during group content. They don't mess literally everything up, but they can mess a bunch of things up, and it's much better to stow them away and avoid the issues.

Edited by Euphrosyne

Weird one this evening. Was on op healer, pugged an MM FP and got Czerka Core Meltdown. Assassin tank started the instance and immediately began chainpulling basically everything. The two dps were very confused, since the tank never bothered to actually mention that this was going to happen. I moved around as best I could, indulging the tank and doing my best to keep them from dying.

We basically did the entire FP that way - tank pulled literally everything, did their absolute best to be incredibly inconvenient, and still managed to survive through some halfway decent and very indulgent heals. (The chainpulls were still very inefficient. The tank lost aggro a lot, the adds were spread out all over the place and virtually never in a good place to AoE, and we spent the whole FP moving around at combat speed instead of sprint/rocket speed.) They pulled the vrblthr and mailed the fight in, putting the boss in the most bizarre positions and almost trying to LoS my heals every chance they got. They pulled the duneclaw before anybody else was in the room and had to stealth out to reset the fight. And finally, they had to have been deliberately screwing up the Vigilant fight, destroying the wrong generators and standing in the middle of the boss's AoE. I noticed them trying to channel Exit Area several times during the Vigilant fight during the fight itself.

Only times people died on that bizarre run were when the tank jumped off the bridge to reach the last boss faster and when one of the dps ate all the add attacks on the vrblthr without stunning any of them and basically got globaled.

Dunno what kind of griefing that tank was doing, but I still managed to finish a random daily MM FP without wiping, so it can't have been all that effective.

Twice managed to get a pop for EC last night on my Shadow on Satele Shan. First time, we initially had 3 tanks: myself, a Guardian and a Shadow who'd queued as a DPS. This group was a "raid already in progress" at the minefield. It'd been ages since I did EC but I know the mechanics. They wanted me to do the sweeping. Fine by me; they explained how to do the sweep. I don't remember exactly how we wiped, but I think the people who got the mine defusing kit didn't pay attention. Then the big droid enraged, and we decided to give up.

I requeued for a MM fp and for raids(I still wanted to do it for the story), and got a second pop for EC. This was a full run, four bosses so NBD. The drouks and the tanks are a cakewalk, then we get to the minefield. My co-tank goes up to do the puzzle, and again this group, the mechanics are screwed up. Second time, it was partially my fault; for some reason I thought I could run into a red mine if I had the kit. We wipe, and my co tank starts losing it. He says, "if we wipe, I'm going to make your lives very miserable". Personally, I come here to have fun. So I told him off and left. I'll have to kick Kephess' butt another time.

Annoying one.

I get the new Chiss FP and I'm stoked because I'm on my low-mid chiss knight lv. 31. I zone in and I see in chat, that a vote kick is raised against me. It doesn't go through. I inquire about the kick, get ZERO response from the other 3 members. Two are 70's one in a 64. I put in chat this is my FIRST TIME doing the new FP.

We get to some big droid boss. We wipe both times. One member puts in chat sick of this **** and lowbies not knowing what to dom and stick to story mode, bye. We were on vet mode.

Now I had a really long, cold day a work. I wasn't in the mood to argue. So I drop group and leave.

What the heck did I do wrong? Ugh.

Nothing,most likely, but that boss can be tough on lowbies, as there is lots of aoe going on and you need your evasive skills to avoid damage. And with only 3 healthpacks and long respawn timers (at least feels like that) that boss still is a harder one. A bit like Jos and Valk. With a competent group there are no issues, but it can be harder to carry.

Trying to kick you just for being low level is a serious dick move. I mean they don't know your skill level. I always try to give lowbies a chance. I volunteer to try to explain boss fights to new people.

Don't be discouraged. There are nice people that use groupfinder too ;)

Edit: Which server are you on?

Edited by JediAkemi

Shan sever :)

I'm not even a newbie player lol. Been playing for years, have 3 lv 70's, had over a dozen toons etc. I just unfortunately got the pop on one of my lower lv toons is all. The fact the group was totally silent about the kick too probably should have been a sign for me to bail.

Got an Operative DPS for ops that only used auto-attack and occasionally healed the healers. On Op IX a sorc had to repeatedly pull him in the center to be able to channel. We had the tank channel instead of this guy. We carried him through instead of kicking him though, since it was a guild GF run.

I have horror stories in FPs to share.

Me and my friend were in a hard mode queue back before it was called Master. *Waves cane at you people*

Anyway. Generic commando gunnery bros. Always had a laugh together. No biggie. Got our tank and healer. All is normal right?

Nope. Wrong. We got hammer station. Wiped on the 3rd set of droids. So we laughed it off. Stuff happens. Again. Wiped. Now. The tank's health was haemorrhaging. Badly. Checked their gear. Absolutely fine. The healer was not healing, in fact looking at the combat log there was literally 0 healing. So we just nudged the healer 'Can you please heal?' And he insisted he was. The combat log saying otherwise, not a single 'Heal' to be seen.

So this went on longer, we threw in some heals to save the tank when we needed, and we wiped again. So this time he accused us of 'Not keeping up with his heals' and quit.

There was this long silence. Before the tank exclaimed 'Thank god'. We carried on a little longer, chatting with the tank and Bro-mmando healing. It turns out this dude was also PMing the tank with flirts and stuff. While also not healing.

We got our new healer. Who actually healed. And we finished the hard mode. Living 'Slightly' happily after.

To this day. That's the weirdest story I have encountered.

Though I do have tonnes more of 'Group Finder Horror Stories'

Edited by AtomAssassin

Your post made me chuckle ... got weird one of my own.

Lvl 70 Mara, Lvl 70 Vanguard (Dps), Lvl 70 Commando (Heal) and Lvl 39 Commando (Dps, Myself) had a pop about directive 7. Healer tripped mobs, ok; we one-shoted all, very good. We hit the mentor and things take ugly turn... healer gets targeted by claw, kept running and healing, pretty impressive but when I got about 10% health left and used self-heal+damage absorption for commando (not dcd or kolto tank), she took an offense. said ' you had to insult the healer'

Mission over, I quit saying thank you and about a minute later she whispers 'feel free to put me on ignore for all your toons'. I was like, huh? what is wrong with that player? I asked why and apologize for reason unknown but no answer... she must have put me on ignore...well that is fine sportsmanship. Thank you. :rolleyes:

I'll raise you on a similar one then.

Went into Mandalorian raiders when the companions got their update. With Super OP healiness at the time.

Went in. 3 DPS. 1 Healer. Nothing could go wrong really. Anyway. one of the DPS Disconnected/Rage Quit? Not sure what happened. Right before that hallway with the hounds jumping out and ambushing you. So I innocently said. "Well, we could summon a healing companion. To take some pressure off 'Healer Name here'."

Terrible idea. The healer immediantly went "So what the **** am I here for then?"

Tried to explain it was to make their life easier.

Anyway. They quit. Feeling insulted that I wanted to have a companion healer take some pressure off of them. I have learnt to stop trying to be helpful in that case.

(Unless its one of the flashpoints like Umbara or Traitor among the chiss. Then yes. I am getting a healer companion if we lose someone thank you.)

I'll raise you on a similar one then.

Went into Mandalorian raiders when the companions got their update. With Super OP healiness at the time.

Went in. 3 DPS. 1 Healer. Nothing could go wrong really. Anyway. one of the DPS Disconnected/Rage Quit? Not sure what happened. Right before that hallway with the hounds jumping out and ambushing you. So I innocently said. "Well, we could summon a healing companion. To take some pressure off 'Healer Name here'."

Terrible idea. The healer immediantly went "So what the **** am I here for then?"

Tried to explain it was to make their life easier.

Anyway. They quit. Feeling insulted that I wanted to have a companion healer take some pressure off of them. I have learnt to stop trying to be helpful in that case.

(Unless its one of the flashpoints like Umbara or Traitor among the chiss. Then yes. I am getting a healer companion if we lose someone thank you.)

Yeah, I'd hope I'd respond more diplomatically if I was healing in that situation. Something along the lines of. "We don't need to do that. I should be fine. Better to have the companion on damage" or "Guys, please just trust me to keep us alive. A tank or damage companion would be better"

Yeah, I'd hope I'd respond more diplomatically if I was healing in that situation. Something along the lines of. "We don't need to do that. I should be fine. Better to have the companion on damage" or "Guys, please just trust me to keep us alive. A tank or damage companion would be better"

People like you....Are a diamond...Just saying. At that point, I would've gone with the DPS companion.

Not many people wants to understand that raising a new toon from scratch is challenging. so a little appreciation goes a long way but I doubt without these weird people in PUG mmo wont be as dramatic as it is now ;) Edited by Ayushman

Well, why did you think it was helpful?

I wouldn't have reacted as strong, but I would have felt insulted too.

Did the healer give you any indication before, that he wasn't up to the challenge?

More or less you made it known to the healer that you didn't think him being able to heal that corner, to fulfill the role he listed with, wants to play.

And if you thought him struggling there, needing help, you implied him to be unable to heal the bosses later either.

Helpful would have been to just let him do his job and lay out a tactic like, 'I hard stun the left, you the right', spread aggro over the group, that not one non tank toon is getting all the damage. Which is the main reason for veteran PUG to die there. In addition to people not using use the tools they have to control the damage they take (defensive CDs and crowd control.

And killing something faster usually is the best way to 'help' a healer, especially with trash groups.

It would have been the same the other way around, if someone is summoning his damage companion with the words, "Now we won't have a damage problem", it is an insult, as it implies that the real player DPS are not good enough to fulfill their role properly.

I understand that sort of thinking after something went wrong or if the healer is barely keeping the group alive, but if you expect others to trust you with dps, please trust a healer with healing, until he proves unable to keep up. I trust the DPS too, until bosses enrage repeatedly.

I just don't understand it. Why do so many players think that the healer needs help?

Most healers I met, while not always great are usually decent enough to bring a group through the usual FPs (Blood hunt, Umbara and Copero excluded).

More often than not I wish one of my group mates was a DPS companion though, with the slow way the enemies die sometimes. But still, if someone drops, the companion usually is put to heal if the healer doesn't strongly insist on it being DPS or calls his own.

Had it with my Commando healer several times over the holidays.

I'm healing a whole Veteran FP flawlessly, no one dies, no one ever really drops below 70% health for more time than it takes a heal to be cast, no danger for anyone to die, but again and again some DPS with almost full or full HP are abandoning their job to kill stuff to run to a kolto station, for no reason at all.

Manaan or Tython before those specific high damage phases I can get, players new to healing probably struggle with that. But if it is clear the healer keeps the group safe and is good at what he does?

It's simply insulting and unnecessarily dragging out the fight longer.

The other day I was only queueing for MM Hammer Station as I wanted to get the weekly done quickly. Eventually get a pop and we wipe on the droid boss because the healer doesn't cleanse the stacks. Check his achievements and he has never done a Master Mode fp, that's fine, so I tell him he needs to cleanse the stacks off at 5 stacks to which he responds "I thought I only had to heal". Yikes .... anyway, eventually he learns that expunge is what he needs to use, a wipe later we have him with his cleansable debuffs increased in size, still wipe. Probably wipe 2 more times then he just drops group without saying anything and we clear the boss with a heal comp and eventually another heal joins and we complete the fp.

I queue up again and guess what I get... the great healer has returned but hes now queued as DPS, and he has his friend in 220 DPS gear and DPS spec queued up as tank.

Ouch, that's never fun... makes you wonder which spec the so-called healer was actually running.

I should probably write down what all the different classes' cleanses are called. It's embarrassing when I try to explain things to people who are unfamiliar with their class but forget what all the abilities are called. :o