The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

As a healer I get insulted when someone hits kolto the moment they stub their toe. If I'm especially grumpy I'll spend the next few seconds as the kolto ticks for all group members telling them exactly what I think about them; second strike I refrain from healing everyone named Mr Kolto Fetish; third strike I respec to DPS. It implies that they don't trust me to be pre-empting who to heal and when to heal especially if everyone is sitting at 40% because they're squishy standing in stupid. I solo healed Bonethrasher (no aggro table) once and I guess people had no choice but to trust me to heal them when half the raid was running around at 10% health and I was out of mana :p

Healer companions are so overtuned that they'd sooner replace an actual healer rather than supplement them. So yes, tremendous insult taken.

It's such a thankless task anyway, so that's why I've quit healing.

Being a long-time reader of this thread, I can add a few things as well now, and they were my fault.

- Doing a guild run of what I call "Wrong Emperor" : I told them that I hadn't done this FP "for a while now" and later more detailed "for a few years". It's just the sheer length of this FP (and a few others) which I detest, and that's why I usually don't do it.

- Later I got one Legacy Achievement (after wiping a lot of times with the Mandalorian boss). The guild leader and FP participant noticed : "You not only didn't do it for a while now, you never did it in master mode !" Ouch. Only then I fully realized it was actually master mode. The rest of the FP was beautifully smooth, though, because we know each other. Me only being a bit slow, as always. :D

- In one FP (Legacy Of The Rakata) , another guild run, I was told that I was Healer. "What ?" I replied. "I didn't do it !". I still don't know why the system had indeed marked my Commando as a Healer. I was as usually playing DD. It went through very smooth, though (Vet mode).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

As a healer I get insulted when someone hits kolto the moment they stub their toe. If I'm especially grumpy I'll spend the next few seconds as the kolto ticks for all group members telling them exactly what I think about them; second strike I refrain from healing everyone named Mr Kolto Fetish; third strike I respec to DPS. It implies that they don't trust me to be pre-empting who to heal and when to heal especially if everyone is sitting at 40% because they're squishy standing in stupid. I solo healed Bonethrasher (no aggro table) once and I guess people had no choice but to trust me to heal them when half the raid was running around at 10% health and I was out of mana :p

Healer companions are so overtuned that they'd sooner replace an actual healer rather than supplement them. So yes, tremendous insult taken.

It's such a thankless task anyway, so that's why I've quit healing.

The problem is that because kolto stations exist, the old trick of "punishing jerkarses by withholding healing" doesn't work any more.

The number of times I say "Please don't hit the kolto stations. We don't need them. I can keep us all alive" before the boss fight starts and someone goes and hits them anyway. So frustrating. How much patience I have for such antics varies wildly.

Ouch, that's never fun... makes you wonder which spec the so-called healer was actually running.

I should probably write down what all the different classes' cleanses are called. It's embarrassing when I try to explain things to people who are unfamiliar with their class but forget what all the abilities are called. :o

I've never even played a healer spec before, I just googled the name of the cleanse so I could tell him as it was clear he was clueless.

The problem is that because kolto stations exist, the old trick of "punishing jerkarses by withholding healing" doesn't work any more.

The number of times I say "Please don't hit the kolto stations. We don't need them. I can keep us all alive" before the boss fight starts and someone goes and hits them anyway. So frustrating. How much patience I have for such antics varies wildly.

If I ever hit second strike, there's a third strike. :p So yeah. At least it's fun to watch them run for the stations when they get really low. Even more schadenfreude when they actually die.

I once was KICKED for healing during the two Mandalorian bosses on Rishi. I was speeced as healer, I had queued as healer, and they kicked me for healing them myself instead of doing my crap DPS and hitting the kolto stations.

I once was KICKED for healing during the two Mandalorian bosses on Rishi. I was speeced as healer, I had queued as healer, and they kicked me for healing them myself instead of doing my crap DPS and hitting the kolto stations.

Kicked for doing your actual role? Yeah, there really are some nasty people out there.

Athiss MM FP. Shan. Had a tank who wouldn't taunt. Wiped at the dog boss. Then healer inspects their gear and found out a missing headslot. Nope, not talking about Hide Head Slot, but a missing headpiece.

Healer: "Where's your headgear? Why aren't you using one?"

Tank: "I simply don't want it on me, and yes, I can do whatever I want."

Healer: "You know there's an option to hide the headgear right?"

Tank: "I don't want to use a headgear"

Healer:

Me:

Guardian DPS:

Healer: This is what I'm healing, guys.

Tank quit shortly, re queue, got a proper one. Good thing it didn't take too long.:o

I've been kicked from groups about 5 times for being a tank. It's why I stopped pugging vet/tactical FP. At least a healer is generally still useful on some groups of adds. A tank in tacticals? Literally pointless.

Yes, their argument was it's a tactical, a healer is not necessary, so stop healing. I was like da***?

That's really funny, because I usually quit veteran mode Bloodhunt if there is no a healer in the group. A lot of pugs can't handle that fight, so trying it with bad combination of classes and roles is just gonna cost me repair bills and time, so I'm out.

This thread should be renamed 'The jerks you meet in group finder'.

I've been kicked from groups about 5 times for being a tank. It's why I stopped pugging vet/tactical FP. At least a healer is generally still useful on some groups of adds. A tank in tacticals? Literally pointless.

I've never been kicked for being a tank before... but lately I've started seeing less point of tanking in pug vet FPs, especially when everybody knows what to do so I've been queueing and playing as dps. Sometimes a flashpoint requiring a little more brainpower - namely Czerka Core Meltdown - comes up and I offer to switch to tank just to keep things from being a headache.

Last night, my Marauder on Satele Shan got Czerka Core Meltdown: her in a mix of 234 and 236 gear, a level 50 merc, a level 70 Sin tank, and a level 70 Sniper. We got through trash pulls and went to the desert biome boss first. Sin doesn't use Wither at all, and the level 50 merc, who isn't geared that well at all, keeps pulling off him. Merc and I keep telling him to pull the beast to the generators and get ignored. After two wipes, I left.

And isn't it the responsibility of those who aren't tanking the boss to hit koltos? My Shadow on Star Forge tanked tactical Manaan, and not one of the dps bothered to hit the koltos. They left it up to me. I died on all three bosses because of that. No off healing from the Commando or the Sage, and on top of that, the Guardian(who I think was Vigilance; I didn't hear the little war cry from one of the main passives, but one of the few actual attacks he used looked like Overhead Slash) kept taunting off me for no reason whatsoever.

Speaking of DPS taunting off the tank, that's the second time it happened to me in the past week. Earlier I got a DPS Shadow who would pull before me, and then taunt off me when I did have aggro. His guild mate, a Commando healer, said that GF accidentally queued him as tank. Granted I was on a lowbie, but still.

Edited by josephinec

Last night, my Marauder on Satele Shan got Czerka Core Meltdown: her in a mix of 234 and 236 gear, a level 50 merc, a level 70 Sin tank, and a level 70 Sniper. We got through trash pulls and went to the desert biome boss first. Sin doesn't use Wither at all, and the level 50 merc, who isn't geared that well at all, keeps pulling off him. Merc and I keep telling him to pull the beast to the generators and get ignored. After two wipes, I left.

So obviously the merc should have pulled him to the generator, but if a level 50 merc is pulling off a tank (who has a taunt) and 2 level 70s in pretty good gear, the blame is not all on him

And isn't it the responsibility of those who aren't tanking the boss to hit koltos? My Shadow on Star Forge tanked tactical Manaan, and not one of the dps bothered to hit the koltos. They left it up to me. I died on all three bosses because of that. No off healing from the Commando or the Sage, and on top of that, the Guardian(who I think was Vigilance; I didn't hear the little war cry from one of the main passives, but one of the few actual attacks he used looked like Overhead Slash) kept taunting off me for no reason whatsoever.

The koltos give a big heal to the person who hits it, and a small hot to the rest of the group. It is actually a bad idea for the dps to hit it generally speaking because of that, they'll have to spam all of them to heal you, which may lead to either running out of koltos. Just hold the boss close to one, hit it when you are low, and pull the boss to the next one. If there is a boss that there is a problem doing that (running around the room would be bad in the 2nd fight, for example) make sure you ask and get confirmation first to get offheals. Also, just stealth out and heal yourself if you get too low.

Speaking of DPS taunting off the tank, that's the second time it happened to me in the past week. Earlier I got a DPS Shadow who would pull before me, and then taunt off me when I did have aggro. His guild mate, a Commando healer, said that GF accidentally queued him as tank. Granted I was on a lowbie, but still.

I mean, what you queued as doesn't actually matter... it's just what spec you are in. Getting queued as a tank doesn't magically turn your spec into tank, he'd have to actually respec to do that.

This song sums up my policy rather nicely. Am I a jerk for thinking this way? Maybe. But when I get my way, people don't die. So I got that for justification of my attitude.

Thanks.

I just really wanted to run the FP on my chiss jedi and to finally get a pop for it, but to have a group that vote kicked me witout giving me a reason why upon zoning in, and then douche dude when I told them it was my first time here, just sucked.

You had no business in that FP on a lower level character. No matter your skill, you just don't have the DCDs and other abilities needed for the ridiculous boss fights.

You had no business in that FP on a lower level character. No matter your skill, you just don't have the DCDs and other abilities needed for the ridiculous boss fights.

Chiss in vet mode is absolutely doable with one or two low/lower levels. If that group wiped on the first boss two times they had other problems than a lowie with missing DCDs. :p

I've seen Hammerstation wiped with high level characters ... Together with a few Lowbies in the same group ...

Playing with Lowbies is more challenging, but in general doable. But if high-level characters are played badly ...

To the people who want to heal or tank pugs.

Tanking or healing vet FP's will only bring frustration and loss of faith in humanity. You guys are better off healing or tanking master modes, where your role is needed. If you feel less confident in your abilities you can always choose an easier one, like Hammer Station, or Athis and progress from there to other ones.

I used to heal vets, and I hated it. Since I've started healing master I've re-gained the fun I had healing.

Tanking or healing vet FP's will only bring frustration and loss of faith in humanity. You guys are better off healing or tanking master modes, where your role is needed. If you feel less confident in your abilities you can always choose an easier one, like Hammer Station, or Athis and progress from there to other ones.

I used to heal vets, and I hated it. Since I've started healing master I've re-gained the fun I had healing.

I disagree with your takeaway, though I do agree with part of what you say. I HATE Veteran FPs (or "Tactical" as they used to be called) when it's 4 DPS because people go in stupid and the whole party wipes because there's no tank and no healer just a bunch of DPS thinking they can tank. Bioware didn't change the mechanics of the flashpoints, they just added the healing stations at bosses. That doesn't get rid of the need for a healer to fix stupid.

So, a tank and healer is still VERY MUCH NEEDED in Veterans... because 4 dps players, 9/10 times in my experience will be dumb and get themselves killed.

Edited by AbsolutGrndZero

So, a tank and healer is still VERY MUCH NEEDED in Veterans... because 4 dps players, 9/10 times in my experience will be dumb and get themselves killed.

Not really, Only BH, and 2 new ones can be hard if you not use brains. All other tacticals are quite easy. Best way to lvl character if not pvp-er. Many times 4 DD is better than tank and heal in group. All die faster and smart use of koltos keep you up. Or I must be really lucky do not get many of those runs as here described. If there are tank or healer in group, I let them do their work, if they do...

I rather tank or heal vet FP's for 3 lowbies than pug a Master Mode. Everytime I try to pug a MM FP there will be 2-3 people not even level 70 yet, unaugmented gear and sometimes even empty gear slots. Relics, impants and earpieces are overrated? I personally wouldn't have the nerve to pug HM stuff in ****** gear, but it seems a lot of people don't have the same problem.

HM FP should be only available if you are level 70, like uprisings.

This only shows that different people have different experiences in flashpoints.

I rarely encounter badly geared players or clueless ones in master modes. Usually there's the one from time to time, and the group carries him/her without much fuss. Apart from a slecect few, master modes are easy.

Veteran flashpoints though, that's a whole different story. I prefer to come as dps for those, as usually the other players have very low dps.

Had a mildly odd MM Legacy of the Rakata just now. DPSed on a Merc; the other DPS Merc was...not very good (long gaps between using abilities, danced around like a lunatic as though he were PvPing). The Assassin tank was okay, didn't seem to be very good at keeping aggro, more or less par for the course in gf these days. And the Sorc healer generally knew how to play their class.

The only weird thing was their opinion on some of the mechanics. The Sorc was utterly convinced that everybody should LoS the adds on the second boss, even though the adds were all melee and LoSing (rather than, say, stacking) would only waste time. I attempted to explain this in chat and the healer kept arguing about it. Whatever. It's slightly inefficient but hardly the end of the world.

The other mechanics thing was that the tank didn't seem to understand that on the final fight, only Arkous is tauntable; Darok goes around randomly attacking people and puts his blue overlap death bubbles on people. So the tank should always be on Arkous while the DPS kill Darok first, then switch to Arkous. You know, the usual MM Rakata tactic. I had to inform the tank of this in mid-fight because he kept attacking Darok, and the healer threw up the bizarre comment that he should attack whatever the Wookiee is not attacking, which, no. The Wookiee's only relevant if he gets a blue death bubble, in which case you have to keep your distance in case you get your own bubble, but if there's no blue death bubble then he doesn't matter. In fact, it seemed like nobody else in the group understood the blue death bubble mechanic. The other DPS moved back and forth really fast, stopped attacking, and spent time distressingly close to me. The healer ran in a big circle around the group. It was all just...strange.

I mean, the flashpoint was fine. We only wiped once, when the tank forgot about a group we'd bypassed while blowing up the weapons caches. It certainly wasn't anything to get mad about. I was just bemused for most of the run.

I'm slowly getting more confident doing Master Modes. Usually I'm on a tank, so I get fast pops. I just worry about messing up a mechanic and getting screamed at. And I can't grind too much due to my work schedule.

I would say that if you explain that you're relatively inexperienced and would like some tips at the start of the flashpoint, you're unlikely to get screamed at. It changes people's expectations to be more in line with reality. If you don't say anything, people will assume you're an old hand and want to get the FP done as quickly and competently as possible.