Is that it for SGR npcs?

Wolfstryder

*possible spoilers I guess*

Sorry if this has been answered before but I just got finished taking my main through the Makeb storyline. It was on the Republic side and there was only one bisexual npc. Is that it? Is there just a female option for Republic and a male one for Empire? If the homophobes were worried about a "gay planet" they seriously overreacted. I will admit that I haven't uncovered the entire Makeb map since the main storyline doesn't require you to. You can't really call this SGR content, especially since the dialogue that comes from when you [Flirt] sounds silly and out of character no matter what your sex is.

...wasn't even a black screen of bed romping.

My female Gunslinger also had the option of flirting with the SIS lady who gives you those first macrobinocular quests. I don't know if anything comes of that, though.

Yeah, I remember that. It's still another female and I'm not sure how much you really talk to her after getting the first macrobinocular quest. I know the Makeb npcs can't leave the planet and be with you all the time like the companions but it still would be nice to have more options since they stated SGR was part of the expansion. Seems that guys can't be gay if you're Republic. Can't really call it SGR content.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

Topic #4: Same Gender Romance: Any news on this front would be great… Answer: First of all, I want to apologize that this is taking so long to get in the game. I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character. Unfortunately, this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed as we focused on the changes required to take the game Free-to-Play. As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of.

Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!

-------------

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6056993#post6056993

I want to confirm that what Dulfy stated is correct. I do want to assure you though that with any future SGRA releases it will be our goal to keep things more balanced across faction and gender.

-eric

Sorry if this has been answered before but I just got finished taking my main through the Makeb storyline. It was on the Republic side and there was only one bisexual npc. Is that it? Is there just a female option for Republic and a male one for Empire? If the homophobes were worried about a "gay planet" they seriously overreacted. I will admit that I haven't uncovered the entire Makeb map since the main storyline doesn't require you to. You can't really call this SGR content, especially since the dialogue that comes from when you [Flirt] sounds silly and out of character no matter what your sex is.

Just gotta love your broad brush "supposition" there. Funny how people like you claim to be the enlightened ones, yet can't get through a discussion like this without lobbing an insult or two. Funny how that works.

Edited by Hyfy

Just gotta love your broad brush "supposition" there. Funny how people like you claim to be the enlightened ones, yet can't get through a discussion like this without lobbing an insult or two. Funny how that works.

I suppose I should have chose a different word than homophobe but it was the quickest and easiest word to use when I thought back to all the websites and media outlets going nuts because SWTOR was going to have a smidgen of gay content. And also thinking about all the forum posts about people not even wanting to see it in-game for whatever reason they have. Just makes me think about how people go into rage when someone of the same sex would have a notion of flirting with them. I would take it as a compliment if anyone of any sex was nice to me. But this is going off topic and have no wish of discussing it further. I just wanted to know if there was any more gay/bisexual npcs in the expansion. Sorry for my harsh remark in my first post. Seeing so much ******** for almost 40 years can get to you.

Hey, I was grouped up with a few guildies when the flirt options came up. Four of us together, two guys playing two female characters and two women playing two male characters. Seriously:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r91/phyreblade74/swtor2013-04-1221-18-10-44.jpg

So we're all in Mumble voice chat, when one of the guys wins the roll during the conversation that includes the "kiss". Both the guys shout, "Yes!" Both the women groan, "Yuck!" Then we all started laughing. One of the funniest moments in game that I can remember, because it was so cliché.

Look, seriously. I love the romance play in game. But the game's rated "T". There are plenty of websites that allow fans to explore, via artwork or writing, what happens during those fade-to-black scenes. Visit one of them. Heck, create some piece of art yourself! Have fun, it's just a game!

Hey, I was grouped up with a few guildies when the flirt options came up. Four of us together, two guys playing two female characters and two women playing two male characters. Seriously:

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r91/phyreblade74/swtor2013-04-1221-18-10-44.jpg

So we're all in Mumble voice chat, when one of the guys wins the roll during the conversation that includes the "kiss". Both the guys shout, "Yes!" Both the women groan, "Yuck!" Then we all started laughing. One of the funniest moments in game that I can remember, because it was so cliché.

Look, seriously. I love the romance play in game. But the game's rated "T". There are plenty of websites that allow fans to explore, via artwork or writing, what happens during those fade-to-black scenes. Visit one of them. Heck, create some piece of art yourself! Have fun, it's just a game!

Heh, no I'm not looking for in-game sex scenes. I was just referring to the fade-to-black-screen you get when your character and an npc go off and do the nasty. There are plently IRL activities, don't need it. :cool:

My original intent for the thread was just to see if there was more npcs than the 1 female for Republic and the 1 male for Empire to [Flirt] with. (not counting the macrobinocular npc)

My original intent for the thread was just to see if there was more npcs than the 1 female for Republic and the 1 male for Empire to [Flirt] with. (not counting the macrobinocular npc)

If I'm not mistaken you can flirt with the Macrobinocular NPC and the female Darth that starts the quest line for the Seeker Droid, as a female empire player.

However, I think this whole issue has been discussed long enough and this thread will quickly dissolve into the mess these kind of threads usually do here.

it's like anything else in the game - there are people who like it and consider it "content" and there are people who dislike it and would've rather seen something else instead of that.

What everyone needs to remember is that this is Bioware's story and only they have the right (apart from copyright holders) to take it wherever they want. If they feel it makes sense to add more SGR they will and they have already stated that this wasn't the first and last SGR.

This is neither a courtroom nor a church, so constantly demanding certain things or trying to prevent them from writing the stories the way they want to, will only result in rushed, boring and watered-down stories that no one will enjoy.

tl;dr: Let them do their thing. If anything, Bioware has proven time and time again that they have the ability to create great stories. Don't push or limit them.

Edited by TheNahash

!

That's kind of funny....I actually backed out of being in group conversations for most of Makeb because I didn't want anyone to steal my romance away. That's kind of the only real problem with it. You can not only lose the roll, the romance can be RNG'd out of the story entirely by being in a group. I am female playing a male character on the empire side. If only I could control which [flirt] rolls I won, I would have stayed in the group, it would have been a hoot. :p

Edited by chuixupu

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
I hope they take a break from updating pvp and pve content, and really focus on adding more to the story in terms of SGR NPCs/companions, as well as more to the class stories and stuff. It would be awesome!

I agree, can get tiresome sometimes, i really hope they add more stories, other companions to romance since it appears to be so hard to add SGR to the old ones, i mean...what happened to Lord Cytharath?? I love him! :( -Lets not mention sexy as hell Theron Shan- those npc have great stories to tell and lovely romance :p

The FA/SoR story line has two NPC anyone want [flirt] with.

Bounty Hunter Week events has SG kiss scenes as an option for getting info on the bounty.

... Not much else that hadn't already been mentioned that I can recall offhand.

Lot of the reason why is the Moral Guardians of Society trying to impose their ways on everyone, even as they allow their precious babies to shoot up or cut up people across the galaxy. But we already mentioned all that.

At least you got something, myself and other oppresed robosexuals are still waiting to be able to make sweet clanky love to M1-4X

FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!

When M1-4X has a functioning, human brain, and not a motherboard that is programmed to want or not want to make sweet love with you, then you can start your petition.

When M1-4X has a functioning, human brain, and not a motherboard that is programmed to want or not want to make sweet love with you, then you can start your petition.

It's "For the good of the Republic." A distracted robosexual CO is more likely to make critical decision failures.

Does that get around the Republic First program?

• 1 month later...

Years later in 2015, we still haven't gotten anything that we were promised. It's such wasted potential in my opinion, I really move the game and it's story, but a big mistake like this ruins it, and it's something completely uncharacteristic of Bioware to do something so homophobic. I will be satisfied with SGR companions, as stated in my signature.

Well, at least I got my headcanon ;)

At least you got something, myself and other oppresed robosexuals are still waiting to be able to make sweet clanky love to M1-4X

FOR THE REPUBLIC!!!

You'll get your "sweet clanky love" the day the Republic finally abolishes the "don't ASCII, don't binary" policy.

Years later in 2015, we still haven't gotten anything that we were promised. It's such wasted potential in my opinion, I really move the game and it's story, but a big mistake like this ruins it, and it's something completely uncharacteristic of Bioware to do something so homophobic. I will be satisfied with SGR companions, as stated in my signature.

Well, at least I got my headcanon ;)

How is it 'homophobic'? Is every game that doesn't have a gay romance homophobic? Would be neutral if anything at all, unless it was implied otherwise.

As it is, you can partner it up with the main protagonists from SoR if you want, as well as Makeb and Cz-198. Doesn't even have anything remotely do with homophobia. ****, alot of the straight ones are barely worth doing. It has to do they don't find the wide-scale effort to make happen worth their money. If it was homophobia, neither SoR or Makeb would feature any at all.

Edited by Nickious

EDI would like to have a word with you. Synthetics are people too. I want my robosexual romance damnit.

What Bioware should do is just take already existing romances and implement SGR options. Make the romanceable companions an option for any gender. For instance female sith warrior can romance Jaesa or male sw can do Quinn or male jedi knight can romance doc and female jk can do Kira etc. They are already all written out, it would take very little effort to pull this off.