For love of the game: no respec inside warzones.

SpwWalker

The title states the main point. It vastly imbalances warzones. And to those that say everyone can do it...that is not true.

Snipers and marauders cannot spec tank or heals.

I almost never post, but this is high end pvp game breaking material.

A dev should acknowledge that they comprehend that this is happening and imbalanced.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Field respec makes huttball a lot less fun. A lot of people change spec when entering huttball. Shadows spec tanking for durability and pulls, sentinels specs combat for run speed, troopers spec tank for durability and leap etc... I think people should play the spec they have before entering a warzone, and not change in the warzones themselves simply because it's better.

So, /signed.

I don't see a problem with it at all. If you're playing a pure DPS class, then that's your deal. You shouldn't punish others for utilizing their class to potential, especially if they ground out two sets of gear to go with the specs as well.

It's useful also at the beginning of a match, if your team is too heal heavy, to respec to DPS or vice versa.

Let me explain more eloquently then...

Two teams play a void star.

Team one plays 4 dps, 2 tanks, and 2 heals on offense and defense.

Team two plays 4 tanks and 4 heals on defense, then respecs to 5 dps and 3 heals for offense.

Does anyone think this is working as intended...doesn't this destroy the competitive value of the game.

Team two would have a massive advantage.

No, unless you want a bunch of:

• Lethality/Concealment Operatives
  • Aresenal Mercenaries
  • Lightning/Madness Sorcerers

And:

• No Healers

Because of the RNG nature of the PvP match-maker you can often be left with no healers. The only way to have any on your team is to make some using the field respec on classes that can heal.

Edited by Yeochins

Team one plays 4 dps, 2 tanks, and 2 heals on offense and defense.

Team two plays 4 tanks and 4 heals on defense, then respecs to 5 dps and 3 heals for offense.

Does anyone think this is working as intended...doesn't this destroy the competitive value of the game.

Why can't team one do the same?

Why on earth would anyone want 3 heals at a time on offense?

The title states the main point. It vastly imbalances warzones. And to those that say everyone can do it...that is not true.

Snipers and marauders cannot spec tank or heals.

I almost never post, but this is high end pvp game breaking material.

A dev should acknowledge that they comprehend that this is happening and imbalanced.

Right because those classes don't have different specs that are better in different warzones. Certainly you wouldn't go smash in one warzone, then switch to carnage for huttball. That would just be crazyness.

No but seriously, respeccing is unfair to snipers and marauders? My heart bleeds.

Well if they were to restrict respeccing (and I'm not saying they should, but if) they should still allow it up to the start of the match. Sometimes you don't have time to switch from your PVE spec to PVP before entering and you need time there.

And as others have stated, in random PUGs it's vital for people to be able to respec as healers (or not) once they've seen the group composition. Being stuck with 0 (or 6) healers is no fun at all.

That's how Communism works . First bolster, now take away a perk, next, my PC, keyboard and mouse because the cheapy guy can't afford a good one. Can some one PLS tell to these losers, that the world is not revolving around them.

lol this ...

and question is when one team has 2 healers and second has 8 dps cuz matchmakin system is broke why yet punish them to block respec?

That's how Communism works . First bolster, now take away a perk, next, my PC, keyboard and mouse because the cheapy guy can't afford a good one. Can some one PLS tell to these losers, that the world is not revolving around them.

Communism was buried > 23 years ago, only a fossil would mention it as a deterrent in 2013 AD.

Edited by Cretinus

Respeccing before the start of the match changes huttball, but that's not as large of an issue as in match respec (void star break).

To those that don't understand why snipers and marauders can change ROLES (not spec), I guess I don't have the ability to reach you mentally.(ps I am not a sniper or marauder).

And finally, yes a role match making system is a fix that would balance the pregame makeup as well,but I believe they leave that out in order to shorten queue times.

NOT SIGNED.

I as a sniper that cant heal or tank as you say love being able to respec, like in huttball ill always be marksman, civil war i normally go engineering etc.

Please never remove this ability from pvp other wise its a pve only tool which io dont really do.

If you end up in a pug with no healers, against a team with a few healers wouldnt it be nice someone on ya team can respec if they wanted? i for one very happy on occasion this is true if anything makes it more balenced.