Who made this terrible decision?

DarkWyndre

Because it is. The U.S. servers are the largest by far. This isn't rocket science. It's not about you. It's about doing what is most convenient for the most number of players. And they are doing the opposite.

They are? There are 9 European servers, 3 APAC servers and 8 NA servers. Seems like you're making up facts based on what is best for you.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The expansion release isn't for several days. It's irrelevant what time of day the servers come back up for "early access" ... taking servers down during the primary hours in which working adults are able to play is the height of stupidity.

You are incorrect.

Those of us who live in the Southern Hemisphere have to put up with the servers going down in prime time every time there is maintenance. I'm sure you can cope with it as a one off.

Try learning how time zones are calculated before you post. Eastern to Western Hemisphere would have a time zone difference, as time zones are roughly every 15 degrees longitude, starting from 0 degrees longitude (Prime Meridian, from which GMT is calculated [which got its name from the fact that the Prime Meridian passes through Greenwich, England....but I digress]).

Southern Hemisphere would have the same time as its Northern Hemisphere counterpart.

Realise that there's more countries in the world, not just US. For Europe the maintenance time is perfect. We're sleeping during this maintenance and the expansion will be live at 8 (UK time) in the morning. About time we got a maintenance that's more suitable for us.

Realise that there's more countries in the world, not just US. For Europe the maintenance time is perfect. We're sleeping during this maintenance and the expansion will be live at 8 (UK time) in the morning. About time we got a maintenance that's more suitable for us.

You other countries whine every other downtime. Go play a game from your countries, if you can find one worth playing.

I hope it doesn't take too long to download the 2.0 update. WoW let users pre-ownload the bulk of Cataclysm weeks before it was released so they could hop on right as the servers came up. Most of the heavy assets like sound files, texture, art, videos etc can and should be available for download well prior to launch so that the installer only has to fetch a few deltas on launch day.

You can download the patch now, while the servers are still down.

Servers going down at prime playing time for maintenance and update? Yet another reason other mmo's *cough*WoW*cough* have thrived on the subscription model ... they realize not to take the servers offline during prime time. What an incredibly bad decision... I actually called the first few people who told me the servers were going down in 90 minutes trolls because I mean really ... how stupid does a company have to be to take their game down for prime hours?

Pretty stupid that they want to make sure that the game is up and running smoothly so you don't come here complaining that your Sith keeps falling through the world and eveytime you use an XP boost, your character turns into a floating green square.

Seriously, dude, they just want the game run smooth for you. You can live without SWTOR for a night. Go read a book. Or watch TV. Log into Facebook and poke a friend. Something else besides wasting your time complaining that you can't waste your time in a video game.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

This is probably the dumbest complaint I've ever seen. I'm a US player. I have no problem dealing with the downtime. How do you cope with things IRL when they don't go the way you want? Do you QQ then too? Or do you suck it up and deal with it, like an adult should be capable of doing?

This is probably the dumbest complaint I've ever seen. I'm a US player. I have no problem dealing with the downtime. How do you cope with things IRL when they don't go the way you want? Do you QQ then too? Or do you suck it up and deal with it, like an adult should be capable of doing?

No <((()))>< here.

This thread is hilarious. One evening causing a troll-splosion of anger from our topic starter. It's a Monday night, not a weekend. Now I'm not ignorant, and know that not every single job has a work schedule of Monday - Friday but if you didn't see a patch coming today when '5 day early access' was posted WAY back in January...then I don't know what to tell you. And has anyone complaining stopped to think about the lack of patch that's going to be needed come Sunday?

And about the server numbers? NA being the highest pop? If I were to assume off blind numbers (Which I'm sure most are doing) that's what? 12 servers to NA's 8? There are more non-caring or positive thoughts on this thread then negative as well. Broad generalization would lead me to believe that most people took a shower, ate dinner, and went to bed non bothered by the evening down time of ToR.

Servers going down at prime playing time for maintenance and update? Yet another reason other mmo's *cough*WoW*cough* have thrived on the subscription model ... they realize not to take the servers offline during prime time. What an incredibly bad decision... I actually called the first few people who told me the servers were going down in 90 minutes trolls because I mean really ... how stupid does a company have to be to take their game down for prime hours?

Every week on maintenance is my prime time, do you see me raging in the forums over it? you guys get t once. Suck it up princess

Whee....gogo 2GB+ patch. Ima gonna go grab some popcorn now...

Its always someones prime time, yet everyone it happens to acts like Bioware came to their house kicked in the door spat in the faces while smashing their computer

Tell us about it. Unfortunately, because the world does something as silly as rotate in space, we can't have nice things like a simple, single universal time.

Edited by Lewintelamon

Oh dear you poor thing. How will you ever cope?

Ahhh, I feel sooo sorry for you whose servers have gone down in your prime time... I got up, started the download, had breakfast, took a shower, and now I'm happily anticipating the end of the installation and will even more happily play until I have to go to work at 13:45.

Die of envy? :D

If they open late people coomplain, if they open early people complain.

SHUT UP and play.