Your personal Star Wars question you always couldn't find an answer too.

Magnusheart

Logical explanation? It was a credit chit, probably worth any amount.

Better explanation? He was just paying for the mop and bucket to clean up Greedo's remains.

The reason the Rebels have them is because the X-Wing was going to be the new Imperial fighter, but the design team defected and brought the schematics with them.

The X-Wing was one of the first fighters to have shields, and I believe the first to have a hyperdrive. It was revolutionary and the Empire had poured money into its design...

Post is full of wrong.

Tatooine doesn't use credits. X-Wing was not gonna replace TIE's, too expensive, defeats the purpose. If some random EU author tossed that claim 20 years ago years ago then disregard it. And no they were not the first fighters with shields and hyper drives.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People don't survive having critical organs sliced out without being immediately hooked up to machines to replace them. Which he wasn't in the cartoon. Your example was cut at the hip, medically. Maul was cut at like the belly button, and no medical attention.

The force can excuse a lot of things, but not replacing a digestive track, come on. Maul still eats, with no way to poop. How does that work? I could believe it if he just stopped eating and used force energy to keep himself alive, something proven to be possible. But he does eat, so thats not the case.

Bad cartoon is bad.

Has he shown to eat? If so, it still could be possible that his lower half was repaired and him enabling to eat was the work of technology(much like Vader could still eat, though not to such a degree am speaking of the tech bit I know Vader could eat still but he had to rely on tech). If he hasn't, then ya...he could just survive on using the force that is possible.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The reason the Rebels have them is because the X-Wing was going to be the new Imperial fighter, but the design team defected and brought the schematics with them.

The X-Wing was one of the first fighters to have shields, and I believe the first to have a hyperdrive. It was revolutionary and the Empire had poured money into its design...

The Y-Wing had shields and a hyperdrive, and it was old, at least thirty years old, and that just might have been when they were made, not designed.

"but the rebels used the more expensive fighters that did out of necessity for their guerrilla tactics (and since they were much smaller in number they could afford to"

It is a well established fact that the guerillas have more money and better gear than the occupant armies. This is due to the fact, that they are smaller in numbers, so they can afford it. Logical! :)))

Yeah, sure. Like The Talibans use more expensive guns than NATO forces ;) (and so on, all rebels/guerillas in our galaxy)

I respect you man, but this is ridiculous.

Also, shields on X-Wings were introduced in X-Wing computer game? In ANH Tie Fighters have no problem shooting down X and Y Wings during the battle of Yavin IV. R2 wasn't shielded when got hit?

But, that leads to new question: hyperdrive, shields, proton torpedos on Rebel Fighters, vs crude metal Imperial Tie-Fighter? In the immortal worlds of Joker: Where did they get these toys? (kidding -if the answer is like on top of my post -I don't want to know)

"but the rebels used the more expensive fighters that did out of necessity for their guerrilla tactics (and since they were much smaller in number they could afford to"

It is a well established fact that the guerillas have more money and better gear than the occupant armies. This is due to the fact, that they are smaller in numbers, so they can afford it. Logical! :)))

Yeah, sure. Like The Talibans use more expensive guns than NATO forces ;) (and so on, all rebels/guerillas in our galaxy)

Also, shields on X-Wings were introduced in X-Wing computer game? In ANH Tie Fighters have no problem shooting down X and Y Wings during the battle of Yavin IV. R2 wasn't shielded when got hit?

But, that leads to new question: hyperdrive, shields, proton torpedos on Rebel Fighters, vs crude metal Imperial Tie-Fighter? In the immortal worlds of Joker: Where did they get these toys? (kidding -if the answer is like on top of my post -I don't want to know)

You know I could easily say words to insult your intelligence for making such a stupid comparison and completely missing the point at the same time, but I wont.

They were a well funded rebellion (entire worlds, including wealthy ones like Alderaan, supported them). Not as wealthy as the Empire obviously, butt they weren't living in frakin caves using antique weapons. Point is, they had sufficient funding, and sincet hey had way less to actually spend that money on, that meant more funding per unit. Empire is rich but it also had to spread it out across WAAAAAY more ****. So in order to build 2 ****in Death Stars, they mass produced crappy chinese star fighters and said "your disposable, raw numbers = win, good luck."

Edited by Doctoglethorpe

Yeah, 1 source I have states the empire had 25,000 star destroyers in service. Assuming this is correct and we are talking victory, interdictor, imp, imp II and super class that's a heck of a lot of tie fighters to supply, maintain and replace. Although tie defenders came too late (and very expensive) even equipping the fleet with tie advanced would have bankrupt the empire as surely as a death star. Standard ties were cheap and standardised, production could be set up anywhere. The emperor considered the fighters and pilots utterly disposable, also psychology played a part, as the fear of losing your capital ship or launch platform meant no way home.

The alliance looked after their pilots and equipment far better. This gave them the edge they lacked in numbers. Pilot survivability led to more combat experience.

The squad leaders keep telling their wingmen to adjust their shields to front etc during the trench run on the first Death Star.

The reason TIEs weren't outfitted with shields, hyperdrives and didn't even have breathable air or heating in their Cockpits was that the fighters and their pilots were seen as replacable. The ideology behind it was winning by numbers of cheap and replacable craft. Who cares if 90% get shot down as long as the objective is completed. Pilots and fighters can be replaced with millions waiting in line.

The rebels on the other hand had to make sure their pilots survive, because experienced pilots were one of their most important ressources. They just lacked the war machinery the Empire could call upon.

I think the Alliance also had some very rich and influential members in the background. So that might explain why they could afford some advanced Technology. Though as far as I remember, for the most part they had to rely on outdated and scrapped together Hardware. Stuff they could get on the black market or capture in raids etc.

Mine is: Why do people actually like Boba Fett and Mandalorians in general? I just don't get it.

Well IDK about everyone else. I'd say because it represents a Spartan/warrior society which people think is "cool".

But for those of us with prior military service, the Mandalorians are the closest thing to a warrior society we are all familiar with in this galaxy. Their code and ways can be respected by other warriors.

The Aurek-class tatctical strikefighter had both shielding and an hyperdrive (which was a class 2, not bad considering it was the same as an Imperial I Star Destroyer or a Kandosii (a Mandalorian Dreadnaught of the same era), while Maul's Scimitar had a 1.5, the standard X-Wing and the Ebon Hawk had a 1.0, and the Falcon had a 0.5) and that was in the time of the Mandalorian Wars: 3,976 BBY.

I have to thank this video for the recalling of the Aurek fighters' hyperdrive right when I read through your post :p

Also, that is just an example: I would guess there are more primeval starfighters with those features.

Indeed so, and so did the Agressive ReConnaissance-170 starfighter (Or, as you may also know it, the ARC-170), and even though the ARC-170 (used during the Clone Wars) was way younger then the Aurek-class (which saw action during the Mandalorian Wars +-), it's still older then the X-Wing, and it had, as I said, Shielding and Hyperdrive.

Even the good old S-250 Chela-class starfighter (which fought in the Battle of Rakata Prime and many other battles in and around 3,956 BBY) had shielding and hyperdrives, although obsolete in comparison.

You sure? Wouldn't lucas have eventually fixed that if it was a technical glitch?

hehe, don't mind me, I'm just goofing off anyway.

It was the 70's what do you expect, tech back then could only do so much lol. Besides its one of those minor things anyway, nothing really too big to worry.

I thought he was Lannik, but after looking into it I can't find an answer. Weird.
i havent read through all of the pages yet but yea yoda race where he is from is a closely guarded enigma... George Lucas wont say just there has been a few of them and all jedis and all pretty powerful jedis......