Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

Did you even address that other games only release new races in expansions that are more expensive, so, in essence, one could consider those users "forced" to buy the new races.

Isn't this better than:

1) People like you and I don't have to pay for that race if we don't want to

2) Can still get the race, at no cost, if we save our free subscriber cartel coins

We don't know that the Cathar will be reasonably priced though. Take the pod racer for instance, that's 1800 cartel coins for something you get on 1 character. That's almost 4 months' worth of saving if you want it and don't want to "pay for it". The Cathar is more than one character potentially, so the price being higher than 1800 isn't a far-fetched notion. And then it might be restricted to one server, or legacy if you will. Personally I prefer having races included in expansions and granting me unlimited use rather than pay a potentially high fee each time I want said race(s).

Now we allready know the Cathar will be cartel market content. And it's unlikely they'll add it as part of the RotHC deal. But we don't know that the race will be added at a reasonable price and implemented in a tasteful (i.e. account-wide) way.

Edited by Pscyon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as someone said before the CC you get from game are around 800 in total, remember you can only get the CC once not on every character.

Currently yes, but I was saying I would like to see them implement a way to earn them. There is no reason why they couldn't start doing that, in fact, most other F2P games with the same kind of currency do that. I wouldn't expect to see them being earned in large amounts, but even just a few here and there would be nice.

How often do you all expect to re-customize a toon? If it's $5 or $10 or even $20 worth of coins, I'll do it once, maybe, to fix my main and be done.

In WoW, I did it once or twice on each character because I typically pick a look and stick with it. It would depend on what they allow us to do, though.

The in-game WoW barbershop is completely pitiful and customization in wow in general is the choice between a few hairstyles, a slightly different face that you can't even recognize without zooming in, and...yeah. Unless you're Foresaken and you can remove your eyes and jaw and sutff. You have to pay in WoW as well if you want a full re-customization.

Edited by chuixupu

I completely disagree with you. GW2, you pay for the barber shop. Other MMOs, you pay for the barber shop, so you want EA to give it to you free, not going to happen.

Exactly!!

Last time I checked WoW charges real life currency for species, sex, faction,...ect. At least I can do it for free in this game by saving my monthly 600 CC's, hopefully when server transfers happen they do it in the CM so I can use my free CC's for that too!!

If it's one thing I've learned about the cartel market since I started playing this game is that anything, ANYTHING that's put up for sale there through cartel coins can be had with in-game credits on the GTN, including the unlocks and basically ALL content from the packs. Just ignore the CM if you're not happy about paying a few dollars for some coins, and just play the game, i'll be raining credits before you know it and you can buy anything you want. Why else accumulate millions of credits if not for the benefit of your character? Especially if you have an army of Alts working together, it's grand fun. All characters chipped in to get one character the speeder he always wanted :)

I don't see anything wrong with how the cartel market works right now. People can choose to spend money or just grind credits to get what they want. And it's not as if the cartel market is IN PLACE of more game content, either.. you can't make that assessment with a digital expansion right at the doorstep. Whatever content resources BW had went into that and the Legacy system (which I love by the way!)

I have no doubt more content will be coming, most likely thanks to the CM and not in spite of it. I shall continue to remain subbed and play the game, and get all the cartel fluff I want in the process.

All subscribers get their CC grant each month. Depending on pricing, having it on the CM might not be a big deal.

However, there is really big issue with the way the game is heading. It seems everything is coming out and you need to pay extra, even if you subscribe. This will get old soon, and will frustrate a lot of people. I'm not there yet , but I could see myself crossing over fairly quickly. This is a huge issue that I think BW needs to address or else they let the vocal minority free reign to make up all kinds of crazy stuff about which way this game is heading.

^THIS EXACTLY THIS!! ^

Seriously why are people not seeing it?

And to think people shot me down 8 months ago when I said this nonsense would happen when the game goes F2P.

I bought the game long before F2P was even announced. THAT is what i paid $60 for. The product unilaterally changed and is slowly drifting further and further away from the product I purchased and am paying $15 a month for:(

If they put this Barber Shop in for cartel coins, it's going to be the beaking point for me. I've suffered through this game's atrocious attempts at "Star Wars" armor with constant statements from the devs about how they're fixing it, and now they're going to charge us for it....

Character customization has been a major issue for this game as evidenced by the new threads on the forums that show up every single day.

He brought up the hood toggle in his statement, they KNOW a vast majority of their players think their gear design couldn't be less Star Wars-y, and there a multiple other examples of people being majorly dissatisfied with the general character customization options.

Selling this feature for cartel coins is a complete and total insult to their players.

My $15 each month (since launch) isn't good enough for them anymore. Now they're charging me for listening to my feedback? Usually when a company asks for feedback, it's so that they can improve their service with the goal being to keep you as a customer, not to piss off the customer by making him pay more for the very thing he told you would make him stay a customer.

In one sentence he's talking about how they bled subs like a sieve, then he tells us they're working on improving that by giving us what the player-feedback is asking for; then he tells us that the way they're going to do this is by charging us extra money.

If they want to make their players happy, making subs pay for very things we're telling you are problems is the wrong way to do it.

If my $15 each month isn't good enough for them, they don't have to have it.

I have no doubt more content will be coming, most likely thanks to the CM and not in spite of it. I shall continue to remain subbed and play the game, and get all the cartel fluff I want in the process.

You are unfortunately right. Because the $15 a month we have been paying all along is not enough of an incentive to make them do their jobs and develop content as promised :(

I don't know how to tell you this, but some people can afford the house on the beach, and some can't. That's just life. If you went up to some one that owned a Lamborghini and told them how it was unfair they had a nice sports car and you didn't, I'm pretty sure they would laugh and you and then peel out of the parking lot just in spite.

and that would be fine and dandy except that we are all subscribers and deserve equal access to content. Making subs pay for extra content is both insulting and wrong in principle.

You are unfortunately right. Because the $15 a month we have been paying all along is not enough of an incentive to make them do their jobs and develop content as promised :(

You just got the Gree event as content you as a subscriber did not have to pay for. Why are you so concerned about fluff you will never have to pay for, either?

Think you guys are missing the fact that many people posted "Please add character customization as cartel items!" in the suggestions forum. Sure, many of us wanted it as an implemented ingame feature, but character customization is completely vanity/cosmetic and everything vanity seems to be going in the Market. It's the way things are now.

It may not seem like it but a barber shop IS basic content. I can see paying real money for species and MAYBE even body size changes but as for the rest (ex: hair style, tattoos etc.) that's all basic things that should be able to be changed using ingame currency (credits).

Games like Aion charge you for the ""Barbershop"" so do many other MMO's.... It's pretty standard... not sure if WOW does as I never played it, but from what I can remember the only game that offered it for free was Star Wars Galaxies as it was a profession you could have in the game.

I don't mind CC for the ""Barbershop"", what I do mind is them charging paying subscribers for the Cathar, that's crossing the line IMO... If anything it should be a part of the digital expansion.... EA/Bioware are definitely probing the limits in how far they can milk their paying subscribers... I think they will continue to do so unless the subscriber base as a whole protest it... But knowing MMO players I doubt many will and EA/Bioware will continue to nickel and dime their paying subscriber base.

Maybe we should choose a date where everyone cancels their account for one month to see if it has any impact on what EA/Bioware does... It would send a loud message that were tired of being milked for extra cash...

If it's one thing I've learned about the cartel market since I started playing this game is that anything, ANYTHING that's put up for sale there through cartel coins can be had with in-game credits on the GTN, including the unlocks and basically ALL content from the packs.

THIS.

EVERYTHING you can get with Cartel Coins, can be had with credits too.

You guys might be getting into a furor over nothing. Its very likely that coupons or something will be sellable on the GTN to use these services, and I'd be surprised if the CC cost is more than a jawagram. Loosely translating CC price to credits, that's perhaps 20k credits.

That right there gives me hope. If it's a voucher that ends up starting the barber shop interface then it would be possible for players to spend in-game currency instead of cartel coins. That would be fine.

For the most part I will have no interest in the barber shop, but the backstory for my main character on an RP story has grown, and as a biological and adoptive father to several other characters in my legacy, I'd really like to give him a bit of age, rather than have him appear the same age as his sons and daughters. (I just can't create "old" characters and have them start at level 1, just looks so wrong on an RP server)

Edited by Jaing

You just got the Gree event as content you as a subscriber did not have to pay for. Why are you so concerned about fluff you will never have to pay for, either?

if i wanted to use it i would have to pay extra for it even though i am a subscriber - that is wrong in principle.

And further are you not worried that every thing that comes out from now is going to be CC only? Is that the direction you want to see this game going? Why not just do away with subs entirely??

We don't know that the Cathar will be reasonably priced though. Take the pod racer for instance, that's 1800 cartel coins for something you get on 1 character. That's almost 4 months' worth of saving if you want it and don't want to "pay for it". The Cathar is more than one character potentially, so the price being higher than 1800 isn't a far-fetched notion. And then it might be restricted to one server, or legacy if you will. Personally I prefer having races included in expansions and granting me unlimited use rather than pay a potentially high fee each time I want said race(s).

Now we allready know the Cathar will be cartel market content. And it's unlikely they'll add it as part of the RotHC deal. But we don't know that the race will be added at a reasonable price and implemented in a tasteful (i.e. account-wide) way.

1 - I'm pretty sure when you unlock the race, it's going to be Legacy wide, just like other races.

2 - We don't know the price yet, I can agree to that.

3 - That's your preference. I prefer to not have to pay for a race I never plan on using.

Sorry that this system inconveniences you, but it's a step-up for me that i don't have to pay for something I don't use.

Games like Aion charge you for the ""Barbershop"" so do many other MMO's.... It's pretty standard... not sure if WOW does as I never played it, but from what I can remember the only game that offered it for free was Star Wars Galaxies as it was a profession you could have in the game.

LOTRO and WoW DON'T charge you, it's in-game currency which it should be.

It's actually $10 dollars. You get roughly $5 dollars worth of Cartel Coins every month.

And no, your $10 doesn't go very far. The money brought in by the subscription community isn't enough to accomplish all that is needed. That's the entire reason for the CM in the first place.

Now, they could simply eliminate the CM entirely and raise Sub costs to about $150 a month and that would cover all that was needed for a vibrant, successful, well-developed game that still brought in healthy profits to the parent company...

And it would last about a week before everyone stopped playing.

People have to understand that developing, debugging, programming, coding and running a game like TOR is not cheap and the money has to come from somewhere or it'll eventually stop running entirely.

^THIS EXACTLY THIS!! ^

Seriously why are people not seeing it?

And to think people shot me down 8 months ago when I said this nonsense would happen when the game goes F2P.

I bought the game long before F2P was even announced. THAT is what i paid $60 for. The product unilaterally changed and is slowly drifting further and further away from the product I purchased and am paying $15 a month for:(

Did you decide to completely ignore that several other people already said that you have to pay for these features in other MMO's, so this has nothing to do with the CM and more to do with standard MMO practice?

1 - I'm pretty sure when you unlock the race, it's going to be Legacy wide, just like other races.

2 - We don't know the price yet, I can agree to that.

3 - That's your preference. I prefer to not have to pay for a race I never plan on using.

Sorry that this system inconveniences you, but it's a step-up for me that i don't have to pay for something I don't use.

You don't have to pay extra for stuff you don't use in other games, it's included in their expansions. :rolleyes: So you're saying WoW charges me for the expansion and extra for playing a panda? LMFAO.

Edited by Lent_San

Did you decide to completely ignore that several other people already said that you have to pay for these features in other MMO's, so this has nothing to do with the CM and more to do with standard MMO practice?

Except it's not.

Players allow this to be standard practice, but The newer generation of MMO players seem to think its just fine.