Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free-to-play will not solve the issue. All players will receive the bonus experience, regardless of their level of service. I do not think your response is unreasonable. I think that your reaction is, however. Asking for the ability to opt out is entirely justified, given your playstyle, but quitting altogether (particularly when you do understand the opposite end of this promotion) seems much less so.

A year or two ago, I would probably even be in the same boat as you. But the MMO scene is changing. We can either adapt or be left behind.

As Bob Dylan said,

I admit that I do over react now and again. It is not a character trait I am fond of and I try not to over react. Let's see how I feel about this by the time my account expires. I will say that the last two times this happened in an mmo the game lost its interest for me.

Nice move Bioware. I was leveling another alt currently and it will be even faster to get 50.

But i did see other thing, there is a small hint when Makeb comes :)

About month or maybe even less.

Edited by Divona

There is a cap of one level for the rested pool which is obtained in like a couple days. So why does it even matter?

Rested XP takes about 5 days to build up so it does matter.

Edited by bbare

Thanks for the segue! Let me blow your minds :rak_03:

My understanding of the system is that all of our boosts will multiple from the new base of 200%, so now is the perfect time to get those Legacy perks and XP boosts. I will show you why.

Let's say you planned to level during the March to Makeb entirely through... Flashpoints.

200% base experience

+25% Flashpoint Boost

+30% Flashpoint Legacy perk

*THIS BONUS DOES NOT STACK WITH RESTED EXPERIENCE

Since both of the boosts are being applied to double base XP, they are also doubled. Do you know what that means?!

+310% bonus experience! That is over triple the experience. Enjoying your leveling my friends!

TLDR, yes they stack and for the math nerds it is multiplicative on top of the new base of 200% (assuming I understood it all correctly)

-eric

No!I been taking those naps for nothing.Just kidding I think it is a great idea!The weekend starts on Thursday right :p Just a note:I really like those complimentary XP boost.

They are indeed solutions. But not what you want to hear. There is no easy button which is what you want ironically enough, an easy way to manage your difficulty level. BTW, if you skip ahead you can get the challenge you want. You can come back and see ALL of the side quests, but my guess is you won't. Lol!

My point is, if you manage your play you can get exactly what you want out of the game. But you have to do it. Play the way you want too and leave the whine alone.

BTW here is another solution "easy" for you. Play in your level 10 greens as long as you can. So how far you can go. Play every bit of content you can until you can't anymore... then go up a lev or 2 in gear and see how far you can go. Hec, you'll make a tons of creds and comms in the process.

No way dude!I have cheese must have whine to go with it.I go back myself to do certain quest even if I don't get xp.It 's more because I was interested in the quest just for itself.I get caught up in the story line so sometimes I lock in on that.

I don't know if you realize this but the idea of using a leveling process to get an advantage over the rest is violation of the terms of service. For example: At launch people were flying to ilum in groups and gaining expensive loot and selling it for high amounts before anyone else could - these people were banned for having an unfair money advantage over anyone else.

It is NOT against the ToS to save comms, and use them to buy higher tiered gear once you reach level 50. :rolleyes:

It's quite obvious you haven't read the ToS, because none of the above is factual, even the last bit.

Please do not post stuff that is completely untrue, would appreciate it, thank you.

I don't know if you realize this but the idea of using a leveling process to get an advantage over the rest is violation of the terms of service. For example: At launch people were flying to ilum in groups and gaining expensive loot and selling it for high amounts before anyone else could - these people were banned for having an unfair money advantage over anyone else.

I'll admit that every game I play when I get bored I sit down and read the EULA/ToS - I even read it over my vent so we can laugh at my friends who are going to break the rules and potentially be banned. So I do actually know what's in it.

So as I won't say that you will be banned for this the idea of the game is you are "suppose" to use the recruit gear. And in the future the bolster system will take that spot.

So there is no need to have a huge amount of comms at 50. Just use the recruit gear lol.

If they did not intend for smart players to bank comms to buy some WH gear then they would disable commendations pre 50. I bet you're the player who jumps into 50 with recruit gear and complains about a gear gap when a smarter player with maxed warzone/ranked comms has a few pieces of WH already and knows whats up.

Also when I hit 50 on my jug I was 100% fully min/maxed WH gear...ban me.

The change they made to the chests - must be level 45 to open - should have been put in at launch rather than banning players.

I am happy that a lot of people are pleased with this. You can count me in the group that would like a way to disable it.

My wife and I play together on the weekends. It is the only time that she plays. She is leveling up her first Empire character (I have several) and would like to experience all of the quests from the 'dark' side. As it is we are a couple of levels ahead of the current planet we are on (just landing on Taris).

So it looks like it will be difficult to play and not outstrip the content even faster. I wouldn't mind the double xp during the week as I am in the process of leveling up a couple of alts and i already know the quests pretty well on both factions.

Not a game breaker, but we probably won't play our paired characters until the double xp weekends are over. I hope she wants to finish them after the long break.

They are indeed solutions. But not what you want to hear. There is no easy button which is what you want ironically enough, an easy way to manage your difficulty level. BTW, if you skip ahead you can get the challenge you want. You can come back and see ALL of the side quests, but my guess is you won't. Lol!

My point is, if you manage your play you can get exactly what you want out of the game. But you have to do it. Play the way you want too and leave the whine alone.

BTW here is another solution made "easy" for you. Play in your level 10 greens as long as you can. So how far you can go. Play every bit of content you can until you can't anymore... then go up a lev or 2 in gear and see how far you can go. Hec, you'll make a tons of creds and comms in the process.

Saying there are no solutions might have been poor wording on my part, what I was arguing is your idea that we can still get what we want out of the game. If we like playing a certain way, and double XP ruins it, changing to a playstyle we don't enjoy won't fix it. Your solutions may work in a way, but they still take the fun out of the game. Thus why myself and other are asking they make the double XP optional, as in everyone gets what they want, instead of forcing it on those who don't want it. Maybe it's better to say the double XP weekend doesn't work for my playstyle, but whatever. Nobody was whining, a request for a change is not whining.

Edited by Miragee

and I swear if BW said it was going to lower the sub fee to $9.99 there would be QQing from people who'd say they felt $14.99 made it feel more worthwhile to them ... a discounted rate was cheapening their gameplay. :|

lol yup. There was a player on the forum that had a sig that said:

'Give the community a gold bar and they'll complain you didn't give them a bag to carry it in.'

I loved that. :D

'Give the community a gold bar and they'll complain you didn't give them a bag to carry it in.'

That is always the way it has been.Some folks don't appreciate when they're given a benefit.Shoot i even appreciate the wood and coal I get for Xmas.I do wish i wouldn't have to split the wood though.

The people who say stuff like this are often the kind who cannot tell the difference between a whine and constructive criticism.

I would like to offer BW this piece of constructive criticism; there are players, like me, who do not and cannot play at weekends. If they had taken all those double xp days and stuck them all into one big double xp week, I would have been delighted. As it is, I'm "pfft, so what?"

I know I'm probably in the minority and there will be idiots out there who see this as just a moan. I don't intend it to be. It's just a point which I would like BW to take into consideration the next time they design a special event.

The people who say stuff like this are often the kind who cannot tell the difference between a whine and constructive criticism.

I would like to offer BW this piece of constructive criticism; there are players, like me, who do not and cannot play at weekends. If they had taken all those double xp days and stuck them all into one big double xp week, I would have been delighted. As it is, I'm "pfft, so what?"

I know I'm probably in the minority and there will be idiots out there who see this as just a moan. I don't intend it to be. It's just a point which I would like BW to take into consideration the next time they design a special event.

Perhaps, but not that often. The difference seems clear to me, the amount of whining will always be greater than that of those with legitimate concerns like yours.

I agree with those that say that the leveling process is already too fast for anyone who enjoys pacing through the story at his/her own pace, so I probably won't play during the weekends.

So, please consider adding what Everquest 2 has: an XP toggle that applies to quest experience, killing experience, etc. Thanks :)