Warum!?

Bordieval

There is a reason why things are translated into german in the first place, not everyone can write/read english.

As for the second part, Bioware needs to see how widespread the issue is. Otherwise BW/EA might just turn around and say 'you can complain in english, so solve your problems in english'.

On the ENGLISH FORUM they should POST IN ENGLISH. If they can't speak ENGLISH ON THE ENGLISH FORUM, use google translator or something to POST IN ENGLISH on the ENGLISH FORUM.

Why is it our job to translate to English on the English forum? Its like if we all went over to the German forum and started posting in English. Sure maybe some posters would be helpful and translate, but that would not be their responsibility, it would be ours.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the ENGLISH FORUM they should POST IN ENGLISH. If they can't speak ENGLISH ON THE ENGLISH FORUM, use google translator or something to POST IN ENGLISH on the ENGLISH FORUM.

Why is it our job to translate to English on the English forum? Its like if we all went over to the German forum and started posting in English. Sure maybe some posters would be helpful and translate, but that would not be their responsibility, it would be ours.

And I am pretty sure many of you would go to the German forums and post there in English if that would be the only forum the devs of the game look at or has any kind of moderation at all. So, suck it up or complain to BioWare that they should give us a new cummunity team.

I don't have a problem with the German and French people posting in our forums, using Google translate makes reading the threads more interesting, and hey, I might learn how to read in their languages without aid :) I'm already able to recognise certain words!

It's not fair for them to be forced to corespond in English, just like it wouldn't be fair if we were forced to corespond in German or French, if we were in their shoes without a doubt there would be several rage threads in their forums written in English, not the respective language of the forum...

Ich habe nicht ein Problem mit der Deutsch und Französisch Menschen Beitrag in unserem Forum, mit Google Translate macht das Lesen die Fäden mehr interessant, und hey, ich könnte lernen, wie man in ihrer Sprache lesen, ohne Hilfe :) Ich bin schon in der Lage, erkennen bestimmte Worte!

Es ist nicht fair für sie gezwungen, sich in Englisch corespond, wie es wäre nicht fair, wenn wir gezwungen waren, in Deutsch oder Französisch, wenn wir in ihre Schuhe waren ohne Zweifel gäbe es mehrere Wut Themen werden in ihren Foren corespond werden geschrieben in Englisch, nicht die jeweilige Sprache des Forums ...

This is actually pretty sad. I am a German and living in Germany. However, when I started playing the game I decided to roll on an English speaking server. What I know for sure is, that German people tend to be stubborn. So I guess there will be a flame war coming up in the English part of the forum. :D

But tbh, what they did is really a bad joke. I had the chance to meet Lars at the past years Gamescom in Cologne, and it felt like he was 100% passionate about the Game. There was not even a good-bye thread in the German forum, so it looks like he got kicked out pretty fast. But maybe I just missed it, cause I am barely reading the German forum.

For me it's not the end of the world, cause I browse the English forum since the beginning. But I can as well understand users who just can't understand English.

Whatever, goodbye Lars! Was a pleasure to meet you. All the best to you!

Auch ich finde es eine Frechheit, daß es in Zukunft noch weniger Kommunikation mit den europäischen Kunden geben soll. Das ist kein gutes Beispiel dafür, wie man Kunden bindet. Es mag sein, bzw. ist sehr wahrscheinlich, daß das Spiel weiter deutlich hinter den Erwartungen zurück liegt oder Verluste verursacht, so daß vielleicht Einsparungen nötig sind. So lange man aber auch mit europäischen Kunden Geld verdienen will, sollte man ihnen die gleiche Wertschätzung zeigen, wie den englischsprachigen Kunden - schließlich zahlen sie den gleichen Preis.

to the english-speaking players: my post is not meant as an offense against you as a community or your language nor should it lead to the conclusion, german-speaking people could not express their opinion in english. But as long as Bioware intends to receive money from german-speaking and french-speaking customers, i think we also have the right to demand them to listen to us in our languages and further provide a german and a french Community Manager. Thanks for your understanding :)

So basically... EA gives no f**k about the non-english european community. That's great. Really. Might as well just close the german and french forums because.. who is gonna read them? What use has the suggestion forum if there is no one to read them? That is incredibly insulting. This seems as if EA does not care about us and our complaints and wishes and just wants our money. I mean, sure, it's not like they answer all of the questions in the english forum or take the suggestions, but still. This is making me really angry.

EA scheint also keinen f*ck über die nicht-englische europäische Gesellschaft zu geben. Super. Echt. Da könnten sie genau so gut die deutschen und französischen Foren zu machen, weil.. wer soll sie denn bitte schön lesen? Was fürn Nutzen hat das Forum mit den Vorschlägen wenn es niemanden gibt, der sie liest? Das ist absolut beleidigend. So scheint's als ob EA sich überhaupt nicht um uns, unsere Beschwerde und Wünsche schert und nur unser Geld will. Ich mein, klar, es ist nicht so als obs im englischen Forum immer Antworten auf alle gibt und sie alle Vorschläge annehmen, aber trotzdem. Das macht mich echt sauer.

Edited by abokado

This is actually pretty sad. I am a German and living in Germany. However, when I started playing the game I decided to roll on an English speaking server. What I know for sure is, that German people tend to be stubborn. So I guess there will be a flame war coming up in the English part of the forum. :D

But tbh, what they did is really a bad joke. I had the chance to meet Lars at the past years Gamescom in Cologne, and it felt like he was 100% passionate about the Game. There was not even a good-bye thread in the German forum, so it looks like he got kicked out pretty fast. But maybe I just missed it, cause I am barely reading the German forum.

For me it's not the end of the world, cause I browse the English forum since the beginning. But I can as well understand users who just can't understand English.

Whatever, goodbye Lars! Was a pleasure to meet you. All the best to you!

No, you didn't miss anything, Lars probably found out he'd been fired when he showed up for work and was told to go home.

Poor, poor Lars, he deserved better.

Well well, calm down a bit@ all.

It can't be the aim of the german and french guys to pollute the english forum. So I suggest the germans and our french brothers use THIS very thread to openly announce our protest. More threads aren't needed. Feel free to speak french and german, but no other threads, pls, offending the english part of the community can't be in anybody's interest. ;-P

So gogo, we need more french posts here. ;-P

@the english community, pls tolerate our way of protest for the moment, at least as long as it stays in this thread, thank you.

Keine weiteren Threads bitte. Ich denke nicht, dass es besonders respektvoll ist, den englischsprachigen Leuten das Forum zuzumüllen, also lasst uns diesen Thread hier nutzen und nur diesen... vielleicht mag wer die Franzosen auch noch dazu auffordern, da ich dieser Sprache nicht (mehr ;P) mächtig bin.

Edited by Clanner

So basically... EA gives no f**k about the non-english european community. That's great. Really. Might as well just close the german and french forums because.. who is gonna read them? What use has the suggestion forum if there is no one to read them? That is incredibly insulting. This seems as if EA does not care about us and our complaints and wishes and just wants our money. I mean, sure, it's not like they answer all of the questions in the english forum or take the suggestions, but still. This is making me really angry.

You bring up a good point, for any English speaking moderator they will need to use a translation tool to read anything? Unless there is one built into the forums for moderators, how will they know what is important and what to look for if they have to copy it all into a translation program first? Even then, those programs aren't perfect and the translation itself sometimes requires some deciphering...

If that's the case there is little to no point in keeping the forums seperate...

Sie bringen einen guten Punkt, für jeden englischsprachigen Moderator sie benötigen, um ein Übersetzungs-Tool zu verwenden, um etwas zu lesen? Es sei denn, ein in den Foren für Moderatoren gebaut wird, wie sie wissen, was wichtig ist und was zu suchen, wenn sie müssen sie alle in einer Übersetzung Programm kopieren Sie zuerst schauen? Selbst dann sind diese Programme nicht perfekt und die Übersetzung selbst erfordert manchmal etwas Entzifferung ...

Wenn das der Fall ist gibt es wenig zu keinem Zeitpunkt im Einklang die Foren zu trennen ...

I hope everyone realizes what inevitably happens the more google translator is used:

:rak_03:

Edit: - at 3:26 "I have nothing" , I almost died from not being able to breathe I was laughing so hard...you have been warned ;)

Edited by LrdRahvin

I hope everyone realizes what inevitably happens the more google translator is used:

:rak_03:

Edit: - at 3:26 "I have nothing" , I almost died from not being able to breathe I was laughing so hard...you have been warned ;)

Lol, that's why I said the translators translations require a bit of deciphering while reading :p There is no substitute to actually being fluent in a language.

I started learning Japanese, and sounds like 'wa' have no real translation in English, just like our sentence 'fillers' have no real translation in Japanese :)

Hello English Community! ;)

Our Community Manager is lost :mad:

Quote: Originally Posted by LrdRahvin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMkJu...Jh-Qp6fdSb5ezw

Edit: - at 3:26 "I have nothing" , I almost died from not being able to breathe I was laughing so hard...you have been warned

But this is very funny :D

I think: EA kann mich am langsam mal am Arsch lecken :cool:

Goodbye, man sieht sich ;)

Well, where to start?

Actually I was pretty shocked coming on the forums and reading that our Community Team (and also the French team) is just being kicked out :eek:

What the hell is going on? Just can't believe it!

Feels like a silly joke reading that feedback on all the forums will still be followed in the future. Who'll be doing it? The last CM on the English forum? Someone else?

As someone mentioned before: I feel pretty much dissed :mad:

Sorry for raging on the English forum now ... don't know where to write it down.

Anyway, this development is just making me really, really sad.

Maybe they're going to hire some new people, but booted the old ones before bringing the new ones in? That would sort of make sence, however it's not ideal...

Who know's what EA are thinking... :(

Vielleicht sind sie werde einige neue Leute einstellen, aber Booten die alten, bevor sie die neue in? Das wäre von make sence sortieren, aber es ist nicht ideal ...

Wer weiß, was EA denken ... : (

Peut-être qu'ils vont embaucher de nouvelles personnes, mais expulsé les anciens avant de mettre les nouvelles? Ce serait faire de trier absence, mais ce n'est pas idéal ...

Qui sait ce que EA pensez ... : (

Someone asked EricMusco (should be the English CM I guess) directly about the CM and that's the answer he got:

You are correct in that Antonio and Lars are no longer a part of the EU SWTOR Community Team. Due to this change you will see less communication in general in your forums than you did see previously. However, I want to stress that we will still be continually receiving feedback from both our German and French communities and addressing that feedback just as we would the English speaking community.

Just as we have in the past, we will continue to make sure that communicating all critical things such as timed promotions, maintenance announcements, etc. will still be communicated to you.

I hope that answers your questions!

Doesn't really sound that both, French and German community, will get a new community team in the near future :(

Die eigentliche Frage ist doch, ob es außerhalb der Forenleitung noch andere erwischt hat. Ich halte das für sehr warhrscheinlich. Man schmeißt nicht die halbe Forumsleitung raus und lässt andere Abteilungen komplett in Ruhe.

The real question is if anyone beside those in the community team got the boot. I think thats very propable. You dont lay off half of your Community Team and let other departments go unscathed.