Plz Stop Insults in WZs

Delidumrul

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

btw im misunderstood by some ppl. im not against calling out some1's mistake in WZ. i was talking about insults.

P.S : if any spelling mistakes, please correct me. I'm so sorry that i wrote loose instead of lose.

Lol. It's all good. I just find it funny that people don't know the difference between the two, barring English being somebody's second/third language. But it isn't just here on this forum. I see it all over the internet lately.

Well if you are trying to help the player then use tact.Tact the ability to tell someone to go to hell and him wanting to.If you just want to yell and vent that won't help.Good chance you will see the player again so pass on your knowledge.Someone did that in a game I was in and it was pretty impressive.I am short on patience with slackers.That is just pure lazy.Your behind a computer.It aint like your putting track on in 0 below weather. Anyhow the game reflects the players and for you old timers don't be shy to jump in.Just do it smart.

I have yet to see insults produce wins.

Tis why my chat uses smallest font. Sometimes I squint for callouts or coordination. 99% of the time I ignore chat completely...besides, unrated WFs are no brainers with ample time to react in a pug atmosphere.

If you let these derps get to you, they win.

Your Reductio ad absurdum is a fail, your effort is reflected in the stats for all to see win or lose, why don't you Ayn Rand types just consider solo war zones as "preschool warzones" and roll ranked with your guild mates where you type A's will have no one to blame for your failures, but yourselves. But no, it's all about your comms, valor points and a pathetic need to shame and belittle complete strangers over VW status. Do as you will, but know when you do you are the object of every joke about MMo gamers being over wrought weird-nicks. All you half-*** Bobby Knights have a great day and pass the gummy Yoda's.

You're just a baddie. Giving my satirical response a serious answer is the true fail here.

But to address your point, I roll ranked when I can, but it's not convenient. It can take hours to set up a team and there won't necessarily be another team to queue against.

All I care about is winning the warzone. I always play objectives and could care less if I don't get my solo medal. What irks me is when there's two people guarding a pylon and they still manage to get capped on. So yes, they deserve to be told that they're doing it wrong. I'm not saying it's right to tell them to go die in a hole somewhere, but they need to know that their half-witted attempts at doing a warzone aren't really welcome, just as the same kind of person causing wipes in a flashpoint or ops aren't welcome.

Don't get upset when people call you a bad. It means you need tougher skin and should learn how to play.

You're just a baddie. Giving my satirical response a serious answer is the true fail here.

But to address your point, I roll ranked when I can, but it's not convenient. It can take hours to set up a team and there won't necessarily be another team to queue against.

All I care about is winning the warzone. I always play objectives and could care less if I don't get my solo medal. What irks me is when there's two people guarding a pylon and they still manage to get capped on. So yes, they deserve to be told that they're doing it wrong. I'm not saying it's right to tell them to go die in a hole somewhere, but they need to know that their half-witted attempts at doing a warzone aren't really welcome, just as the same kind of person causing wipes in a flashpoint or ops aren't welcome.

Don't get upset when people call you a bad. It means you need tougher skin and should learn how to play.

So how to you equate 'bad' from inexperienced? I've played so many wzs, across 12 characters, I've lost track. But there are still subtle things i learn from time to time that i didnt know (like the ledge in huttball to hide the ball). And quite frankly, WZs can be a bit complicated to learn on the fly with smashes killing newbies every few secs.

So to call someone bad is just not right. If it bothers you what some inexperienced folks do in a wz, you have choices: (1) leave the wz. (2) take charge and ask folks to do something specific (eg. players x & y got snow, rest mid, call out incs etc) or (3) watch what your teammates are doing, and try to compensate. Playing so many WZs myself, i can tell after a few minutes who is gonna play the deathmatch in space game, whose gonna stay at a node, whose gonna be padding stats, etc. While not fool proof, its enough alot of times to compensate and pull out a victory. anotherwords, lead by example and show them what needs to be done.

but the constant griping about how people should quit the game, never play pvp again, get out of their basements, etc is just plain wrong on so many levels. I think vets forget from time to time what it was like starting out in WZs not knowing what to do, and while learning having 6k+ smashes/mauls/etc in their face...

I made a comment the other day, to the effect of, "really guys? You have 6 people on east side vs 1?" (No cursing, no calling anyone retarded or stupid or anything, just "really? 6 vs 1 on east?").

Was first room of voidstar, they all rushed one way, my team went the other way and sat there while the two guys on our side got crushed instantly.

Response I got back was, "Well if you weren't a moron u would've called inc".

Anyway, 90% of the people who solo queue are horribly bad. Don't take what they say, or their awfulness, to heart.

Edited by dcgregorya

So OP I feel ya, sadly most online gamers are pretty delusional and think they are awesome because of a video game and that then gives them the right to talk crap. Most of these players are also the ones that get picked on the most in RL and feel the need to lash out in online games because they feel safe.

I don't get why people need to psychoanalyze internet folks. Maybe they do, maybe they're just *****. There's plenty of people who are ***** in the world. Drive a car - the feeling of anonymity that people have behind the wheel of a car is a good example of how people behave when they feel like they are anonymous.

Just ignore abusive weird people - that's the appropriate (and realistic) response.

Just consider this:

It takes a certain kind of person to absolve themselves of blame when they make a mistake. For instance, 95% of the derps that get ninja'd on never admit that they made a mistake (in fact, they'll claim it was my fault when i call them out). These are the kinds of players that get carried day in and day out, yet somehow think they're entitled to be treated like royalty despite having little to no positive impact in a warzone.

Or lie. You want to talk about weird things - people who lie about being at a node when it gets ninja'd.

As the title says, please stop insulting others in WZs when your team loose. Let's assume that all those players who insult others are really good skilled players. But if "really" the team fails then just quit or silently wait the torture to end.

"Morons", "Srsly L2p", "ffs quit game", "go play wow" etc... do these insults make u any better than the team? No. You may be a looser in RL and try to satisfy yourself by this way but it has no use.

By the way at the end of the WZ when u see the list most of these insulting players are below average (protection, damage, healing). You may say that they just give up and don't play. Ok let's say it is so, then they also deserve to be insulted as they do nothing but just talk.

This is a game if you can not accept loosing, don't play. Or just group up with your elitist, super skilled friends and play with them, do not pug.

Briefly, yes there are morons or players can sometimes do unbelievable mistakes (which they may also be aware of the mistake they've done) but nothing gives you the right to insult.

I agree with this, and also that usually the people insulting others are the ones that aren't doing anything for their team or they just think they're better than they actually are. Another thing I realized is when you are dominating someone in PvP they tend to spam /lol and such emotes on you...I guess to try to piss you off which kind of lacks logic but whatever... I get good laughs from that.

when I asked a person why he didn't call out, he said he was stunned. I was speechless. I wanted to yell at him, but I just didn't know what to say. absolutely speechless. looking back, it was one of the funniest things that's ever happened in a wz:

*other team caps*

me: "what the? why didn't call?"

guard: "I was stunned!"

me: "...."

priceless!

ZOMGZ

hamburgers (10 chars)

I have yet to see insults produce wins.

Tis why my chat uses smallest font. Sometimes I squint for callouts or coordination. 99% of the time I ignore chat completely...besides, unrated WFs are no brainers with ample time to react in a pug atmosphere.

If you let these derps get to you, they win.

I have. Was in a huttball where this guy had like 10k health in a 50 warzone. After like 3 minutes of everyone riding him and calling him out he quit. And his backfill replacement was a 25k health Guardian. We were losing 2 - 0. We then scored 6 straight times. And we owe all this to insults.

Jenna'syyde

I have. Was in a huttball where this guy had like 10k health in a 50 warzone. After like 3 minutes of everyone riding him and calling him out he quit. And his backfill replacement was a 25k health Guardian. We were losing 2 - 0. We then scored 6 straight times. And we owe all this to insults.

Jenna'syyde

Insults FTW! Sometimes degrading one can create a better experience for many.

My name is UGLYMRJ, and I support this message.

Have you ever paid attention to the opening dialogue of Huttball? "Name calling" is encouraged. So you should not be asking people to stop insulting the winners, but instead ask that everyone insults everyone else. :p

Seriously though, trash talking is part of PvP. I've swung warzone outcomes simply because I trash talked the other team so much that they were more interested in killing me than focusing on the objectives. But, once the game is over, it is a little silly to continue with it unless you know you're going to be fighting the same people again next game.

What's more funny than anything is the people that do rage and act like children in these warzones, are in fact grown men with a huge ego and only can get away with bad mouthing people on the internet.

Reason I say that is in real life these grown men would not bad mouth anyone do to the fact a fist would be flying and a combo could come after it.

I actually only insult those that deserve it, yes it puts fuel into the fire and yes its a waste of breath and time, but I find it to be somewhat entertaining.

I like nothing better but to correct and punish a angry troll.

Seriously though, trash talking is part of PvP. I've swung warzone outcomes simply because I trash talked the other team so much that they were more interested in killing me than focusing on the objectives. But, once the game is over, it is a little silly to continue with it unless you know you're going to be fighting the same people again next game.

In TSW on the Cerberus server, I had developed a tremendous rivalry with StrayCat. He was a Glance Tank, and a particularly vicious one at that. He was a high threat target if there ever was one.

The fun thing in TSW was that global chat was shared between all three factions. I had him so seething with hatred for me, that his playstyle became compromised. I had gotten so far under his skin that he would suicide run through a dozen enemy players in repeated failed attempts to get to me.

I was a ranged DPS with roots, so that never worked out in his favor. But when I was around, he never deviated from that approach. It cost him many defeats.

Sadly, the only enemy trashtalking that occurs in SWTOR is either in vicinity chat, or same-side matches. I'd rather trash talk the opposing side, of course, but well we've got to work with what we've been given.

What's more funny than anything is the people that do rage and act like children in these warzones, are in fact grown men with a huge ego and only can get away with bad mouthing people on the internet.

Reason I say that is in real life these grown men would not bad mouth anyone do to the fact a fist would be flying and a combo could come after it.

I actually only insult those that deserve it, yes it puts fuel into the fire and yes its a waste of breath and time, but I find it to be somewhat entertaining.

I like nothing better but to correct and punish a angry troll.

Clearly you dont know me at all. I have no filter. I think it I say it. You dont like it too bad. The only thing I fear is never dying. I mean what could be worst then being forced to live for an eternity and having to play games with all the bads forever. I mean no thank you.

A DICK in Game,

A DICK in Life,

And God Willing A DICK in Death

Jenna'syyde