PUGs UNITE!!!

Briggs_Knightly

Wouldn't it be better to ask for an ingame voip? *snip*

No thanks. It's not quite the same as guild voip.

Last thing I want are the voices of strangers ************ and whining, playing crappy music, etc. Every in-game voip I've used had those things, so you end up with 3 using it and the rest muting.

OP: Getting rolled by premades regularly means you're doing it wrong. Change factions, change servers, change something.

Edited by Joesixxpack

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think either you've missed my point or you're trolling. ;-) You could make the same argument for everyone ************ about solo queues resulting in going up against preforms (with the implied +7 other random people added). It's a silly argument.

My point was: if you're going to have a queue for "preforms" (including partials) and a queue for "non-preforms", where do you draw the line?

You're still not getting it. It is impossible for it to be 2v8. Stop making an excuse and trying to screw over what is allegedly most of the player base. If the group queue actually was working, you'd be guaranteed to get at least another 2 person group (or 3 others) or 1 2 person and a 4 person premade on your own team. This is opposed to the usual scenario currently where it would just be you and 6 PUGs against potentially 2 4 person premades. A group queue would in fact improve balance because mathematically, if you take solo out, you CAN NOT HAVE ONLY ONE 2 PERSON PREMADE IN A GROUP QUEUE!

I like to play with my brother or sister sometimes too, rarely in PVP but sometimes I do queue up for it. We don't really play for PVP, and it's just two people, if we have to play against a premade it isn't a big deal. If I really didn't want to go up against premades and I had the choice, I'd just solo it up, and play PVE as a group. Why should you be allowed to group up but the opposing side isn't? I can't believe how selfish and opposed to competition MMO players can be. The excuses are so ridiculous, I just can't believe that this genre puts PUGs against premades ever.

If they're going to be this dumb I'd prefer honestly they just take out PVP in this game. It's a horribly unbalanced garbage type of PVP anyway. At least stop ruining PVE for people because of this joke of a PVP experience if you're not going to actually make PVP viable in any way.

To sum up OP's post. I'm bad, i don't want to L2P, please let me solo q with others like me so i can wonder around aimless soloing people in the corner. Please bioware do it so i stop getting yelled at in WZ's please:(

I used to play BFBC2 on the XBOX and i always wondered what the people on the other team were thinking getting slaughtered, where everyone one on my team has 60+ kills and single digit deaths. After reading the forums on here for a few months i think i get it.

To sum up OP's post. I'm bad, i don't want to L2P, please let me solo q with others like me so i can wonder around aimless soloing people in the corner. Please bioware do it so i stop getting yelled at in WZ's please:(

I used to play BFBC2 on the XBOX and i always wondered what the people on the other team were thinking getting slaughtered, where everyone one on my team has 60+ kills and single digit deaths. After reading the forums on here for a few months i think i get it.

To sum up your post, you're bad, you need to play against uncoordinated people you consider bad, and you know you couldn't hack it without being on an entire team against the players you know have a disadvantage.

I've actually been solo queuing a bit the past week. The PUGs are indeed bad, really bad. I can't believe there are people that are so bad they are fighting tooth and nail for the right to keep going up against these players. I don't even want to queue up as solo anymore they're so bad. But at least if it's against another group of bads a good player can make an impact. It's utterly pointless against a premade however.

I really can't even bring myself to bother with the dailies anymore, the PVP experience is just so pathetic in this game. I think it has a lot to do with all the new F2Pers. The level of play wasn't this bad back in say May or June.

actually a more appropriate analogy would be suggesting to the little guy that he learn to fight and stand up for himself so he can kick the bully's a**

and i developed an algorithm for non-ranked matchmaking the other day. its probably on page 3 by now, b/c threads that dont involve nerfs or whining about something get very little attention here.

Would you happen to have a link to your post I would be interested in checking it out.

Thanks!

Let me be clear:

Does this game need a much better matchmaking system? Absolutely yes. There's only so much enjoyment you can get from rolling over completely overmatched teams and its a low amount. There's even less enjoyment you can get from being on the receiving end.

I've said there needs to be cross server queues and much better match making and all that again and again, and I'll keep saying it, but what can I do RIGHT NOW to make my game more enjoyable in the meantime?

Premade.

You want better matchmaking and all that? So do I. I really do. Give everyone a hidden normal warzone rating (make it account wide if you want I don't care, and add whatever other criteria you want) and lets at least attempt to match people up so games aren't are rarely as onesided as they can be. Cash I didn't read your thread cause I didn't see it but I'd love to see what you came up with.

But RIGHT NOW if there's any matchmaking going on at all it is obviously very poor, and if you still want to have fun in this game then you need to man up (woman up?) and take the (legal) steps you need to to make the game more enjoyable.

That means gearing yourself up, level biochem or buy stims, and yes absolutely start forming premades. You can't say you like to solo queue and then complain when you suffer the consequences of solo queuing. If you really want to form a random group then shout in general between every match and give out vent info. If you keep getting matched against the same premade then skip the next queue pop so you don't have to face them again (and this idea works when the imps aren't so bad but you keep getting matched up with the same poor teammates).

You really telling me that you're willing to have a crappy experience for another 5 months before you're willing to call it quits? Either BW is going to make changes or they aren't, and if you wanna commit to quitting then that's fine, but in the meantime why let your fun be completely in the cruel hateful hands of the random queue? Take control of your own game. If you aren't willing to do that then I got no sympathy for you.

To sum up your post, you're bad, you need to play against uncoordinated people you consider bad, and you know you couldn't hack it without being on an entire team against the players you know have a disadvantage.

I've actually been solo queuing a bit the past week. The PUGs are indeed bad, really bad. I can't believe there are people that are so bad they are fighting tooth and nail for the right to keep going up against these players. I don't even want to queue up as solo anymore they're so bad. But at least if it's against another group of bads a good player can make an impact. It's utterly pointless against a premade however.

I really can't even bring myself to bother with the dailies anymore, the PVP experience is just so pathetic in this game. I think it has a lot to do with all the new F2Pers. The level of play wasn't this bad back in say May or June.

I've solo q'ed more often than running premades and i do fine. Solo qing in any game you should know what to expect. Don't come here and cry because your too stuck up to make friends and you get your bottom spanked all day long.

You really telling me that you're willing to have a crappy experience for another 5 months before you're willing to call it quits? Either BW is going to make changes or they aren't, and if you wanna commit to quitting then that's fine, but in the meantime why let your fun be completely in the cruel hateful hands of the random queue? Take control of your own game. If you aren't willing to do that then I got no sympathy for you.

Most people aren't. That's one of the reasons why this game lost 2M subs and then had to go F2P.

Most people aren't. That's one of the reasons why this game lost 2M subs and then had to go F2P.

THEY DIDNT QUIT BECAUSE THEY HAD TO SOLO QUEUE FOR PVP!!!! It is not an issue with premades or pugs it is a matchmaking issue. Both teams have pugs and premades bottom line. Either you have the good ones or you have the bad ones. Luck of the draw. Also if you feel that there are more solo queuers than premades you are mistaken. Basically according to the logic of pugs they are always losing to atleast 4man premades sometimes 8 man. So if you are one pug who just got derped and come to cry on forums that means there are atleast 4 people that are not pugs. Ratio 4:1=premaders:pugs so which means there is a bigger premade community than pug community.

You are just silly. Can you not read...

I do not want to play IN a premade. I said so above.

I enjoy playing with and against different people all the time.

There were a whole lot of people like me.

Now there are fewer and soon will be none unless EA does something to keep us interested.

Well then guess what? You don't have to play IN a premade. You are completely empowered to choose your "style" of play. Is not wearing armor a "style"? How about stacking Cunning on a Juggernaut? No one is taking away your special individuality...

The problem isn't that you do not want to choose with whom you play, the problem is that you DO want to choose who you play against.

You have the right to ignore teamwork and the benefits it provides. You do NOT have the right to force others to ignore teamwork, because you choose to gimp yourself. Which is what youre really asking for when you propose kicking anyone who has the sense to team up, out of the regular queue. "I am choosing to gimp myself despite the clear advantages of playing as a team with people I know, but I would still like to win, so Bioware, please don't let anyone else play as a team either".

Solo-queuing for a "team" event is not actually a "play-style", it's just a disadvantage. If you choose to play at a disadvantage, then the expectation should be that you lose more often, not that you force your intentional disadvantage on the whole community.

THEY DIDNT QUIT BECAUSE THEY HAD TO SOLO QUEUE FOR PVP!!!! It is not an issue with premades or pugs it is a matchmaking issue. Both teams have pugs and premades bottom line. Either you have the good ones or you have the bad ones. Luck of the draw. Also if you feel that there are more solo queuers than premades you are mistaken. Basically according to the logic of pugs they are always losing to atleast 4man premades sometimes 8 man. So if you are one pug who just got derped and come to cry on forums that means there are atleast 4 people that are not pugs. Ratio 4:1=premaders:pugs so which means there is a bigger premade community than pug community.

Then if that's the case, why are you complaining so much about removing solo queuers from the "regular" queue? If there are less solo queuers that means the solo queue will be the one that takes a long time to pop, not the new regular queue/group queue.

And I agree, they should always have allowed full 8 mans to queue in the general queue. If you're not going to separate out the solo PUGs why would you protect the 4 man groups? It's always been absurdly illogical. But you will probably whine and complain that you don't want to use your logic anymore now that I've taken it to its logical conclusions.

Then if that's the case, why are you complaining so much about removing solo queuers from the "regular" queue? If there are less solo queuers that means the solo queue will be the one that takes a long time to pop, not the new regular queue/group queue.

And I agree, they should always have allowed full 8 mans to queue in the general queue. If you're not going to separate out the solo PUGs why would you protect the 4 man groups? It's always been absurdly illogical. But you will probably whine and complain that you don't want to use your logic anymore now that I've taken it to its logical conclusions.

LOL who said anything about preventing solo queues!!! Who is protecting the 4man teams. Just stating your logic is wrong. It is a matchmaking issue!!! not pugs or premades.

LOL who said anything about preventing solo queues!!! Who is protecting the 4man teams. Just stating your logic is wrong. It is a matchmaking issue!!! not pugs or premades.

My god, for someone that uses the word logic a lot you really don't have any idea what it means do you?

When you use logic it creates a set of rules that have to be followed, it creates reasoning that follows "logically" from a set of presumptions/premises. The premises you keep using logically dictate what I wrote.

But since you're not actually using logic, but rather you want to use the word without actually adhering to its meaning, you have no idea what anything I am writing means.

Please go to school instead of spending all your time on these forums.

my god, for someone that uses the word logic a lot you really don't have any idea what it means do you?

When you use logic it creates a set of rules that have to be followed, it creates reasoning that follows "logically" from a set of presumptions/premises. The premises you keep using logically dictate what i wrote.

But since you're not actually using logic, but rather you want to use the word without actually adhering to its meaning, you have no idea what anything i am writing means.

Please go to school instead of spending all your time on these forums.

but you still reply! Nuff said!

not all players that pug are bad. i pug all the time, it doesnt stop me from actively trying to win and performing well.

this game does not have the population to support multiple queues. this fact has already been proven w/ the current RWZ situation.

if you break up the queues into a solo bracket and a group bracket, the same thing will happen. players will start gaming the queue system so that they are in the same solo bracket match with their friends. pugs will still be fighting against premades, and then we are right back here having this discussion again.

not all players that pug are bad. i pug all the time, it doesnt stop me from actively trying to win and performing well.

this game does not have the population to support multiple queues. this fact has already been proven w/ the current RWZ situation.

if you break up the queues into a solo bracket and a group bracket, the same thing will happen. players will start gaming the queue system so that they are in the same solo bracket match with their friends. pugs will still be fighting against premades, and then we are right back here having this discussion again.

Exactly as I was saying it is not an issue between pugs and premades. It is a matchmaking issue. Even if we had the population to separate the solo from groups. That will not solve the problem. What if you have a team of 8 merc healers and the other team has 2 healers, 2 tanks, 4 dps who would most likely win. If anything has to change it is matchmaking not separating queues.

Or you could unite now.

By forming your own groups.

And getting into vent.

I'm just saying, why let BW control when you'll finally get to have fun. Take control of your game now.

ABSOLUTELY!!!

OP, I PuG quite a bit...I also group quite a bit...obviously the groups do better, but even as a PuG member I have had success.

Its cool to generalize but I'd guess they lost 2M subs for quite a lot of reasons, only some of them PVP related, and only some of THOSE specifically regarding a premade vs pug problem. If BW is to be believed (LOL lets pretend just for a second) apparently a lot of people were unsubbing because they didn't like paying a sub at all when there were other options that didn't require it.

Regardless the OP has asked for the entire community of solo queue players to unite and mass unsub on July 4th if BW doesn't provide a way to PVP without facing premades. So he's willing to sit around enduring a situation which he finds so untenable that it's worth unsubbing for.

And fine. Make that threat. Try to get the people (who remember would really rather not bother with all the hassle of grouping up, getting into some sort of VoIP program. Just want to log in and PVP) to all collectively hand BW the ultimatum or face losing their subs.

But if it's enough to make you quit now why would you continue to endure till then without doing something to try to make the game more enjoyable in the interim? Like maybe group up with all those people you're busy organizing to perform a mass exodus in 5 months?

Like I said, why let BW control when you get to have fun?

Personally, I don't want anyone's queue times to be longer than they have to be. I've done the "wait 30-40 minutes for a queue" game and it's right up there on the "things that aren't fun" list. That means I don't want my queues to be longer, and I don't want solo queues to be longer, and thats the primary thing I think will happen once you start splitting queues (besides the fact of, again, what do you do with 2 and 3 man premades?)

Split queues also won't stop the well geared and highly skilled players from rolling all over the undergeared and under skilled players.

Smarter matchmaking though just might do that, and can better control overall queue times without making them flat out unbearable. Which is what I support.

They'd be matched against each other not-infrequently. That said, I love being in vent with people on the opposing teams. So many opportunities to mess with them. Or whine if you're losing. Not that I ever whine. Or lose. >.>

Man... and we think this game is bad...

I just realized all of those Edler Scrolls kids that have been playing alone for years are gonna be confused when people start grouping up and running around them in circles.

That's actually a really good observation. It's easy to outsmart an NPC in any game...which is why I find PvP so much more enjoyable...you can NEVER predict human behavior!

Or you could unite now.

By forming your own groups.

And getting into vent.

I'm just saying, why let BW control when you'll finally get to have fun. Take control of your game now.

Did lol. Thought of that myself as soon as I saw the title.

"bioware, they beat me! i want to win! make it so i dont have to play against good players anymore!"

:rolleyes:

Eh, isn't pitting players of equal ability/organization against eachother the whole purpose of matchmaking and the staple of competition?

Edited by Helig

Did lol. Thought of that myself as soon as I saw the title.

Eh, isn't pitting players of equal ability/organization against eachother the whole purpose of matchmaking and the staple of competition?

yes, but when such little effort is required to move your skill level from bad to good, its always funny when people whine for bioware to nerf the competition.