Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

CourtneyWoods

I find your lack of originality disturbing Bioware. This just seems like a pointless time waster. While it does give a reason to revisit some places just doesn't seem to be all that exciting. Its nice to finally hear something else about this update but doesn't have that "wow! can't wait to play" factor, at least for me. How about the much asked for quality of life type updates that some of have been waiting for over a year for. I'd be happy with a patch that offers no new content but instead gives us Legacy Banks, a way of sharing resources between toons instead of logging in and out 100 times a night, maybe even gear on the cartel that doesn't cost a months subscription as it is.

I don't understand how these devs think this is ground breaking, systems like this have been in many games before, EQ2 and WoW to name 2.

legacy banks is something i want soooooo bad!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually wondering what exact type of gear or rewards this is going to offer. Will it be purely cosmetic stuff like an alternate path for gaining social gear or will it be another way to more quickly progress in PVE with reputation offering similar rewards to daily and black hole comm vendors?

Will there be any reputation system or added incentives for PVP or open world PVP?

By not saying or giving any examples of what the rewards are besides titles it doesn't really give any incentive or purpose especially if you already do the dailies anyway.

In WoW ...

Pah. Ripping off WoW? That ain't 'new', I'm too cool for that. :cool:

Lol, but really, I can understand your concern. You want a way to increase faction without re-doing lower level missions you've already done. That makes a heck of alot of sense to me. The game definitely needs ways to accomplish a given task without re-doing content.

(I've surrendered that I won't ever get HK-51 not because I wouldn't be willing to do hardmode difficulty content, but because I already did that mission, that's already part of my story, and redoing that content would make less story sense than everyone complains the end of ME3 was.)

Finding things in the open world seems a better way to do it though than through crew-skills. (Perhaps ... in a place like Outlaw's Den? - There's still a PvE only way to increase it)

Edited by Jagrevi

Exactly.

This game already has enough exclusive vendor content. Each planet has its own currency (commendations) and associated vendor.

There is the social system currency and vendor along with the Legacy currency and vendor.

The last thing we need is another form of currency and vendor like this Rep system. I would prefer scrapping and unifying many of the other currencies as it is.

I would argue in exactly the opposite direction. PvP Rating, Social, Legacy ... all of these seperate things make all of these avenues more distinct and provide more diverse meanings to more diverse activities, as opposed to just sitting back with millions of credits and when something is added to the game saying "ok, sure, I'll buy that".

Pah. Ripping off WoW? That ain't 'new', I'm too cool for that. :cool:

Lol, but really, I can understand your concern. You want a way to increase faction without re-doing lower level missions you've already done. That makes a heck of alot of sense to me. The game definitely needs ways to accomplish a given task without re-doing content.

(I've surrendered that I won't ever get HK-51 not because I wouldn't be willing to do hardmode difficulty content, but because I already did that mission, that's already part of my story, and redoing that content would make less story sense that everyone complains the end of ME3 was.)

Finding things in the open world seems a better way to do it though than through crew-skills. (Perhaps ... in a place like Outlaw's Den? - There's still a PvE only way to increase it)

I would be up for that. They already have a "system in place for this". They just need to do a "data cron"-like "explore" system for locations of things to "find" and have a quest (for each rep faction) that has a list of NPCs who would be interested in the objects. :cool:

Sounds great , I'm glad it turned out to not be PVP only. On that note I wonder if the Gree vendor will have PVP only rewards ? I would like to see some of the earlier planets included in the months ahead.

Gives us all something else to do in-game and with the level cap going up in a few weeks , then that makes me even happier. I'm happy about the new level and reputation progressions.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I hope they take another page from the WoW playbook and implement the minigames that have been requested on these forums ad nauseum.

I remember getting the 30 exalted rep achievement in WoW and I have no interest in any rep grinding in this game. But I do appreciate that for many people this will be their first experience with it and it will seem like a blast for many.

I hope they take another page from the WoW playbook and implement the minigames that have been requested on these forums ad nauseum.

Lol, Pazaak has been coming up again and again since the launch of the game. Would certainly make all those long que-times more enjoyable (although would probably need a bit of a rules update to keep it interesting).

That being said, I don't think it'll be coming anytime soon. :(

Edited by Jagrevi

Lol, Pazaak has been coming up again and again since the launch of the game. Would certainly make all those long que-times more enjoyable (although would probably need a bit of a rules update to keep it interesting).

That being said, I don't think it'll be coming anytime soon. :(

I'd be all for it. Could totally see a new breed of rage threads opening up, however, about pazaak opponents always getting whisked away when their queues pop leaving people high and dry.

I'd be all for it. Could totally see a new breed of rage threads opening up, however, about pazaak opponents always getting whisked away when their queues pop leaving people high and dry.

If each round lasted well under 60 seconds I don't think that'd be much of a problem.

I think the system has promise, but the content you're tying it to is horrid.

Section X, Heroic Space Missions, Voss heroics.... It's like you picked all the most annoying content to foist on us. :(

I agree with this. Pretty much the most grindy content you've got so you choose to make it even more grindy :rolleyes:

I agree with this. Pretty much the most grindy content you've got so you choose to make it even more grindy :rolleyes:

Well they are instituting a *grind*. It would be a bit odd if they tied it to "non-grindy" content.

"Gain Faction with the Bothans by changing companion equipment!" :p

4 reputation pools per faction ~ not going to double count space & Section X ~, with 4 new venders & 6 tiers of different items.... can't wait to see what they have to offer. I'm assuming they'll take credits.

There is a CM button in the Reptuation UI, and it says there will be temporary boosts to reputation gains available. I hope we won't see a p2w situation where trophy items and ranks are for sale in the CM......

Will the gree event have an event vendor & event currency? Assuming that the Gree Event is temporary & not permanent content... Will we be getting discrete event vendors & reputation vendors for the Gree? Or will there simply be 1 gree vendor? Will the Gree reputation vendor stick around after the event is over, eventhough we won't be able to advance our Gree reputation once the event ends?

What is the motivation for doing this new grind?

Its a new system that basically asks us to grind lots of old content. Fine. New titles, OK. But why on earth would the majority of the population actually be interested in this thing? I'm sure you do have some rewards for it but you've not even hinted at what they are!!

It is unbelieveably poor marketing to release a blog like this introducing a new grind without even trying to incentivise the community. Sort it out.

^ I'm with this guy....unless their are un-lockable mounts or gear -- no deal (even then I may not be interested given that I already have a pretty sweet mount & gear). Beyond that...just give us the new world event & FoTHC already.

Lol, this actually DOES make me want a faction that wants me to do some long list of bizarre things. Or a faction that's quest line is basically some other slowly built up joke,

you say? ;)

Yay more currencies... terrible trend in mmog's of late... swtor already had a problem with it. Time to at least consolidate planet comms.

Limit the reputation gained by week is the best idea ever.

Because i don't want to compete with anyone. Please BioWare, put a time limit to spend in Operations. For the same reason. And also, put a cap in the number of times you can send your companions to do crew skills. Because if a person spends 6 hours playing he can make more money than me.

/irony

NO CAP. I'm a suscriber. NO CAP. Freedom for the people.

Edited by Astoncam