I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

Not sure what else I should type here to stay within the rules other than I suggest that other needs be prioritized ahead of SGRs.

I completely agree with this. Unfortunately it seems EAware has already put assets into place to make it happen. (an assumption, after reading the last state of the game)

Which is quite sad. So many other things should have higher priority over this.

Edited by KillaDeuce

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't push my Sexual preferences down players throats so I don't see why players who wish for SGR should push it down mine.

Yes you do, every time you mention a girlfriend or wife. You just don't think of it like that.

If this game is going to shove SGR down our throats then I feel your taking Star wars in completely the wrong direction and i'm sure Disney wouldn't be happy with this.

Psst, Disney came out in favor of gay marriage over 6 years ago.

I completely agree with this. Unfortunately it seems EAware has already put assets into place to make it happen. (an assumption, after reading the last state of the game)

Which is quite sad. So many other things should have higher priority over this.

Everything's had a higher priority than this for 7 years of SWTOR development time. Players who wanted SGRAs waited patiently in line for their turn.

It's their turn.

Edited by Caelrie

Just one thing from a deleted thread I started (I was referred here by a moderator):

I don't understand how, by adding SGRA to a new planet, Bioware is segregating gay characters to only one planet. Did people expect them to rewrite the whole story with SGR [Flirt] options? As far as I can tell, they're doing it on Makeb only right now because they've been writing it into the new content. It's not a ploy against the homosexual community to ship them off to a random Hutt world, as the media is sensationalizing it to be.

And it's not a "planet of only gay characters"... Guys, c'mon...

Ok havn't writen about this subject before but after reading that MakeB is going to be a planet for SGR I finally feel I have no choice This is an MMO this game isn't a shouting board for being proud to be SGR. I have Gay friends and even they don't feel a Computer game should be used in this way.

It feels like a small minority just love to shove it down our throats about there sexuality and keep on about sexual equality THIS isnt LIFE its an MMO were we are meant to come and relax after a hard days work to enjoy playing a game that you can as a father enjoy with your children.

Why won't you still be able to relax and enjoy the game with your children? BW aren't adding anything offensive or degrading to the game. They are just adding more romance options which happen to include SGR, nothing to get worked up about. Having a few new NPC's to romance is hardly going to ruin anyone's game experience.

Personally I don't follow any of the romance options but I am all for having it in game for those people who like to RP and enjoy the companions storylines. I don't see why you would deprive anyone of content that makes them happy and allows them to enjoy the game more.

Edited by Cordelia

Not sure what else I should type here to stay within the rules other than I suggest that other needs be prioritized ahead of SGRs.

I read here many complaints from people expressing their concern about the company "wasting" time on this matter as they feel the playability of the game needs to be attended to ahead of SGRs.

What you don't seem to realise, or simply don't care about, is the fact that, for many players, the game has been incomplete from the start. Not everyone can enjoy the storyline or features that straight people have on offer. Not everyone can flirt with their companions, not everyone can have a companion partner.

Why do you believe everyone should not have the chance to appreciate the full game as you do? How does this affect your game? Are you really of such weak character, that you will go against your own nature and be seduced into a gay relationship? Do you really need a game to tell you how to live your life? Do you, perhaps need to detach yourself somewhat from the game, if you take it so very seriously.....remember it is a game, not YOUR life.

I think it is time that some players take responsibility for their own choices and their own games and stop trying to prevent other adults from choosing to play the game that they feel most comfortable playing, while getting as much enjoyment as everyone else from it.

I don't see this is a big issue ingame.

My Imperial Agent Ursule would definitely "go" for Kaliyo because they share a lot of personality traits (lust for violence, bordeline sadism) but my Jedi Knight Loryta wouldn't go there with Kira Carsen.

As long as it's a branching option [Flirt] with my companion and that's about it then I'm fine with it.

This will be a fun thread until enough pro-SGR players lose enough arguments that they spitefully complain to the moderators until they freeze the whole thread and all trace of a rational conversation is disintigrated. The road to oblivion is littered with a million threads that get frozen because the new age crowd couldn't stand losing on facts and playing by the rules.

Even more amusing, the long list of unsexable males 'championing' SGR patches based on their main's desire to 'go' for their companions, lady v. lady.

Edited by Comfterbilly

This will be a fun thread until enough pro-SGR players lose enough arguments that they spitefully complain to the moderators until they freeze the whole thread and all trace of a rational conversation is disintigrated. The road to oblivion is littered with a million threads that get frozen because the new age crowd couldn't stand losing on facts and playing by the rules.

Even more amusing, the long list of unsexable males 'championing' SGR patches based on their main's desire to 'go' for their companions, lady v. lady.

well first of to actually have any kind of debate, let alone one that can be lost both sides need to bring rational points.

The only points those opposed to SGRA bring up are:

1.) I don´t want it, and so no one should have it.

2.) More anything else before this.

3.) Think of the kids.

The first is invalid since you are not the centre of the universe, and SGRAs are not mandatory.

The second because different teams work on different parts of the game, so that the only content affected by the development of SGRAs is other story content.

And the third, well considering that the game is rated teen, an MMO (with all the filthiness that always turns up in general chat) and that the game is full to the brim with any kind of atrocity ranging from mutilation to genocide anyone who comes with "think of the kids" makes himself ridiculous.

But don´t let logic and common sense keep you from playing the martyr to political correctness.:cool:

Edited by Wittand

Wha the hell? Look a the last FOX news:

‘Star Wars’ game segregates gay characters on gay planet

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/01/14/star-wars-game-segregates-gay-characters-on-gay-planet/

I can hear my wowfans friend laughting from home.....

What's what happens when you make a WHOLE POINT about SGR when talking about the next expansion instead of talking about new PVE and PVP content.

Srsly I still can't believe it xD. Fox failed but another Spanish web (Meristation) failed too. Da hell?

pd: The topic about that "fox news" has been erased...I don't understand why.

Edited by Royox

Am all for SGRs... if their inclusion feels natural and does not detract from any other game content (e.g. resources that might've been used fixing bugs are instead used to include SGRs).

The current approach seems great - integrating it into new content. So instead of 10 hetero fling options we might have 7 hetero, 2 gay and maybe 1 pansexual fling on Makeb.

But as it is SGR advocates are complaining about segregation. Makes one wonder if it'd have been better to leave out SGRs since either way you'll get complaints (and at least that way you do less work).

Oh well, we can wait for the next group to complain about discrimination/exclusion in/from SWTOR. Transsexuals? Asexuals? Polyamorists?

Edited by Agagooga
"h o m o" as in "homosexual" was censored?!

If complaints are going to be the metric for inclusion or non-inclusion of content, then why is PvP even in the game? Have you ever read any PvP forums in any game?

Also, Fox news is taking a political stand on the subject, how many times to the Mods need to tell people that politics won't be discussed on these forums before people listen?

Also, Fox news is taking a political stand on the subject, how many times to the Mods need to tell people that politics won't be discussed on these forums before people listen?

If you're referring to http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/01/14/star-wars-game-segregates-gay-characters-on-gay-planet/ I don't see an overtly political stand. It's just reporting

Technically Gender reassignment surgery does exist in SW already

Hunter (IA)? That was just an illusion.

But as it is SGR advocates are complaining about segregation. Makes one wonder if it'd have been better to leave out SGRs since either way you'll get complaints (and at least that way you do less work).

Just popping in to say that we're not complaining to the degree that everyone assumes we are - yes, it did feel that way at first (wouldn't you be annoyed if you had to wait a year for PvP and then only got it on one planet?), but really it's a stop-gap while they develop more of the content. It's a step in the right direction.

We are all individuals and have our own opinions about this, but the recent reports about the "gay planet" are opportunistic misrepresentation.

Well, some SGR advocates are certainly very upset from what I read elsewhere. And no, not just on Fox News.

While that is correct, to say that something should not be done because some people - even those wanting the something - might be upset or disappointed leads to not doing anything at all.

Also, if you wish to discuss this further, PM me.

The most reasonable suggestion I found for this was to make all the romances available, regardless of gender, and implement a code switch the make flirting with your female companion cut off the romance branch for the male one, or vice versa. And for those who did not want "EW, GAY!" in their game, you could toggle a switch from your preferences menu to turn SGRA on or off.

There were some fine mods for KOTOR 1 and 2 that did almost exactly this, and it just uses the dialogue already there (you may need a couple lines tweaked, but re-dubs are done all the time in voice work).

I like warzones, endgame content, PvP, space battles, and exploration. Of course, any expansion to those are welcome. A year in, and I'm still exploring everything. I've also encountered a few annoying bugs that were since fixed, and a few that have yet to be, mostly in the form of getting stuck (but it's software, bugs happen, they probably weren't factoring in someone like me that climbs everything looking for Easter Eggs, and there's no such thing as a "perfect system").

However, the main selling point to this MMO over its competitors is story. BioWare frankly built its reputation on being the Best in the West for story-based RP, with memorable companions and side characters, detailed worlds, and a codex the size of Websters Unabridged. (Square is Best of the East; Kingdom Hearts is a trippy idea that should not work, but totally does. And the Final Fantasy games are "kiss your month goodbye" in terms of size). To that end, story content would be top priority, and weaving all the content like PvP and flashpoints into it is one of the things this game does well. One of the reasons I enjoy Warzones like Denova and Voidstar is because they feel like part of the overall setting (and one of the reasons Huttball is my least favorite is because, while inventive and funny, doesn't feel like part of the story). My favorite flashpoint is The Esseles because of the great story content and characters.

To that end, I'll take any new story content you can throw at me. New sidequests, new planets and operations, new companion quests (pretty please, can I see Nadia's homeworld, maybe pay respects to her daddy? Or take her and/or Felix to see Master Yuon?) . Yes, a same-gender relationship option would totally be fun to explore. It's more story!

The most reasonable suggestion I found for this was to make all the romances available, regardless of gender, and implement a code switch the make flirting with your female companion cut off the romance branch for the male one, or vice versa. And for those who did not want "EW, GAY!" in their game, you could toggle a switch from your preferences menu to turn SGRA on or off.

There were some fine mods for KOTOR 1 and 2 that did almost exactly this, and it just uses the dialogue already there (you may need a couple lines tweaked, but re-dubs are done all the time in voice work).

According to BW this won't happen (it's considered discriminatory, and I agree with BW)

I like warzones, endgame content, PvP, space battles, and exploration. Of course, any expansion to those are welcome. A year in, and I'm still exploring everything. I've also encountered a few annoying bugs that were since fixed, and a few that have yet to be, mostly in the form of getting stuck (but it's software, bugs happen, they probably weren't factoring in someone like me that climbs everything looking for Easter Eggs, and there's no such thing as a "perfect system").

However, the main selling point to this MMO over its competitors is story. BioWare frankly built its reputation on being the Best in the West for story-based RP, with memorable companions and side characters, detailed worlds, and a codex the size of Websters Unabridged. (Square is Best of the East; Kingdom Hearts is a trippy idea that should not work, but totally does. And the Final Fantasy games are "kiss your month goodbye" in terms of size). To that end, story content would be top priority, and weaving all the content like PvP and flashpoints into it is one of the things this game does well. One of the reasons I enjoy Warzones like Denova and Voidstar is because they feel like part of the overall setting (and one of the reasons Huttball is my least favorite is because, while inventive and funny, doesn't feel like part of the story). My favorite flashpoint is The Esseles because of the great story content and characters.

To that end, I'll take any new story content you can throw at me. New sidequests, new planets and operations, new companion quests (pretty please, can I see Nadia's homeworld, maybe pay respects to her daddy? Or take her and/or Felix to see Master Yuon?) . Yes, a same-gender relationship option would totally be fun to explore. It's more story!

This is a very thoughtful post, from a player who, like many of us pro-SGRers , values other aspects as well as romance. Thank you!

Priorities for all individuals should be guild functions/features. Quality of life suggestions from the thread: A Thousand Papercuts. For PvP warzones, it should be working on removing the handicaps and making it fun for everyone involved. Not just for those who exclusively engage in PvP matches, because that's where we're at right now.

Cartel Market can take a back seat as well, and it's time to bring the Collectors Edition vendor to the forefront as it was meant to be.

Priorities for all individuals should be guild functions/features. Quality of life suggestions from the thread: A Thousand Papercuts. For PvP warzones, it should be working on removing the handicaps and making it fun for everyone involved. Not just for those who exclusively engage in PvP matches, because that's where we're at right now.

Cartel Market can take a back seat as well, and it's time to bring the Collectors Edition vendor to the forefront as it was meant to be.

That's a load of ********. I don't give a single damn about guild functions or features because I'm not in a guild. The CE vendor already has enough stuff, there's no reason to prioritize an exclusive shop that can only be accessed by a few individuals, and it certainly isn't going to attract new customers.