Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

EricMusco

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boo hoo..So many of us have an opinion you don't like so you tell us to grow up? I believe SGR has been pushed by a very vocal minority[/u], not the majority of players. Now am I going to quit the game over it? Of course not but I have a right to voice my dissatisfaction with it. I don't mind some minor dialogue options being added, but it really should not go any farther than that imo. Why do people even want such a controversial subject put in this game? Single Player Rpg? FIne. But in a mmo setting this can just lead to more hate.

Yea, you have access to the internet. That in and of itself constitutes a license to *****. Whine away good sir!

I want to see lightsabers be lightsabers. So tired of the lame glowing beat sticks. Lightsabers should be slicing off limbs and such and they aren't. You see slash marks and the occasional hole, but it fades and you knock them to the ground. ???? Thought this was star wars and not futurama? It's amazing that its the minor things getting looked past instead of being addressed.

Agreed. Lightsabers can cut through durasteel, I think they can chop up some tusken raider with a swipe or two. And I get the feeling BW is just being lazy about adding stuff like Chapter 4 and Companions and is disguising that by hiding behind the Cartel Market and the Makeb dlc.

I love that you're finally holding to your original Same Gender Romance promise, but still no CHARACTER TRANSFERS? Wow, what gives with the absence in SWTOR of this very common service? Like many others, I've been asking since the forced server mergers with no luck. Please address this issue. You could make a lot of MONEY by implementing it, by the way....

Arete Furioso, Jedi Covenant (my preferred server)

Arete Medici, Ebonhawk (the server I would like to leave with my original main, which I abandoned because her original server was deserted)

Funny thing is SGR is just enough to put the final nail in this games coffin. We have been fine without it, now I expect bad press and another reason for players to quit the game.

Why add something so controversial when you should be trying to get more players in the game?

Just another example of management prioritizing the wrong game elements when they should be looking into adding things into the game that make current players happy and wanting to keep subscribing.

I agree completely.

Really, Hickman, same gender romance?

This is STARWARS!

Yeah no kidding what's even more humorous about this is that they will not allow romancing of companions! SGR is limited to npcs on makeb which makes it sound like Bioware views homosexual relationships as 1 night stands. Funny how bioware always finds the exact way to tick off their entire playerbase with the continued erroneous ways in which they add on to this game. Just once I would like to have a bioware update that contained useful information about something new coming in. No more talking in generalities and no more bad implementation of ideas.

I'm currently doing Star Citizen which is a kickstarter game that just started alpha testing and those guys give updates all time time. Real updates! with tons of information. They run a weekly live feed and do Q and A along with giving you many many details on the game. None of this hushed silence and psuedo promises like bioware does. Star Citizen treats its followers like they are the publisher! Completely up front, constant updates, and the most importantly...they actually listen to feedback! This week alone they have provided an update every single day and even had interviews with the games creator and some of the devs. Its like night and day when I compare these two games. Pick up the slack bioware!

6 days left on sub, run last few WZ and then say ta ta to swtor again. Safe to say there will be no return, i mean how can they seriously **** up this bad? With all the stuff you could be doing for this game, you choose players getting their gay on to be highest priority?? Fools

Defeated we have been, into exile i must go.... I forsee EA's empire flogging this dead horse of a game for a few years not giving a **** what players actually want and churning out low grade CONtent at premium prices, until they finally drive it into the ground.

Edited by SWaotc

Why is SGR more of a priority then Chat Bubbles !? :rolleyes:

Romance of any sort in this game has proven to be a joke.

I would of rather seen real players have the ability to marry other real players (regardless of gender) and unlock legacy abilities for their kin.

That would certainly be more meaningful, then waste all this time and energy just to have a Male Player say a few lines of silly text to a Male NPC, just to prove a moot point.

Complete waste of manpower.

Edited by Darth__Carnal

Why is SGR more of a priority then Chat Bubbles !? :rolleyes:

For the same reason Chat Bubbles are a priority to you? I don't care about chat bubbles, it seriously is a waste of resources when people's chat already comes up in the chat pane. In my very long history of playing MMOs (back to the launch of UO in '97), I have never once relied on chat bubbles. I find they move around too much and disappear too quickly - but that might be because I'm vision impaired (short sighted, with a lack of stereoscopic vision).

Romance of any sort in this game has proven to be a joke.

To you. This is opinion, not fact.

I would of rather seen real players have the ability to marry other real players (regardless of gender) and unlock legacy abilities for their kin.

I'd like to see that too - one of my characters would marry her levelling partner (my RL partner's character) in an instant if this was available. However, I would still like the ability for some of my other characters to romance one (or more) of their same gender companions.

I'd like to see them do more with legacy as well - like, as you mentioned, allowing links to be made between players (and not just marriage links), with real perks for being linked to other players. I'd like to see them do something more impactful with the family tree. Right now, that aspect is just a pretty chart you can mix and match and has no actual impact on legacy, and can be changed on a whim.

That would certainly be more meaningful, then waste all this time and energy just to have a Male Player say a few lines of silly text to a Male NPC, just to prove a moot point.

Complete waste of manpower.

In your opinion. In my opinion, I feel that there is value added to the game by SGRAs, enough to justify the manpower required.

How bout a barber shop? I honestly didnt realize how skinny I was going to look in my armor and refuse to remake and go thru the exact same storyline again.

Also got to agree with some of the posts on the sgr , if you cant get it right in the real world then dont stick it in the game , way to hot a topic to draw that kind of attention . I forsee thousands of parents deleting this game from their kids computers and others because their church told them to , Why go there ? is it realy worth it?

I'd like to see that too - one of my characters would marry her levelling partner (my RL partner's character) in an instant if this was available. However, I would still like the ability for some of my other characters to romance one (or more) of their same gender companions.
I doubt that'll happen unless you rewrite several of the companion characters in a way it would make sense. I don't see Doc switching teams, for example.

Could ask for new companions, which have a better chance to fit that bill.

I doubt that'll happen unless you rewrite several of the companion characters in a way it would make sense. I don't see Doc switching teams, for example.

Could ask for new companions, which have a better chance to fit that bill.

They already said they have some companions in mind for this. They haven't said which companions, but they're implying it's a least two of them.

I'm excited. I was able to put 16 character slots on Jedi Covenant. So I can combine the Imperial and Republic advanced classes! Thanks so much. One legacy. I recreated my characters that were under 20 on Shadowlands in Jedi Covenant, and hope I will be able to transfer my level 50 BH soon. I really don't want to recreate my BH... Then I'll have 3 level 50's and unlock the Chiss species. A slot is waiting. Worked out really well with the cartel coins.

It might be good to give us the option to change our legacy name to suit both imperials and republic. Mine is Lightwing and it seems wrong for the imperial side of my legacy.

Can't wait to see what comes in the next patch. :)

Oh Ilum was stop and go for lag today... Ugh must be a pain in the rear to figure it out.

Thanks!

Edited by Desri

Yeah no kidding what's even more humorous about this is that they will not allow romancing of companions! SGR is limited to npcs on makeb which makes it sound like Bioware views homosexual relationships as 1 night stands.

First of all you're reading into it too much. Second, SGR requires all the voice actors to come back and re-record lines for those choices a player might make to romance with the same sex.

Another thing is, maybe those voice actors aren't wiling to be 'pretend' gay. Or maybe they are done recording for Bioware. You never know. That's why they are starting fresh with this.

In my opinion, I don't think SGR's should be in Star Wars.

First of all you're reading into it too much. Second, SGR requires all the voice actors to come back and re-record lines for those choices a player might make to romance with the same sex.

Another thing is, maybe those voice actors aren't wiling to be 'pretend' gay. Or maybe they are done recording for Bioware. You never know. That's why they are starting fresh with this.

In my opinion, I don't think SGR's should be in Star Wars.

SGRs have been in Star Wars lore for a while now, before SWTOR was released, so I don't really mind having it explored in any form.

Plus, I can understand that maybe not all companions should be SGR choices. Making every companion romancable by both genders I feel like is just to allow a player to fufill their fan fiction dreams. Even BioWare's previous game Jade Empire had restrictions over which gender could romance who. Just like in real life, we have some individuals who prefer one gender over the over, this would probably be the same with the companion's preferences.

Edited by Vitas

Is anyone else annoyed that Bioware admits that most of last year was focused on getting to "Free-to-play" (IE, more money in their pockets) rather than delivering stuff for paying subscribers? Is Bioware that clueless as to think that all we care about is how well their income is coming along?

Is anyone else annoyed that Bioware admits that most of last year was focused on getting to "Free-to-play" (IE, more money in their pockets) rather than delivering stuff for paying subscribers? Is Bioware that clueless as to think that all we care about is how well their income is coming along?

I suspect there counter argument wouldbe they had to concentrate on getting f2p out there otherwise the sub only game may have totally died.