Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

EricMusco

BioWare is trying hard to ruin the game it seems. Not only is introducing SGR now stupid, it's lore and immersion breaking. Thanks for ruining the future experience. There are also lots of kids playing this game which are bound to get confused. I will probably end up cancelling my sub and you can keep your planet if this keeps going. Enjoy loosing money. The least you could do is to make it disabled by default and if someone wants to ruin their experience by adding something that doesn't feel canon and in line with Star Wars at all, you could add option tick box. I really wonder if this is what Disney would want in Star Wars MMO.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Goran_Beviin lore for ya :3

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please update us on if there will be more INDIVIDUAL class story Bioware!

(PS: I am going to keep bumping this thread with this post until I get an answer)

Note: I am not asking about the coming expansion, I'm asking if we will get anymore individual class story at all in the future.

Seconded.

Why is SGR such a huge deal to people? I couldn't care less if there weren't any romance options in the game, and the one I did do (Elara Dorne) was awful. You're supposed to develop an attachment to that character, there was none of that here.

Bump!

A - GUILD SHIPS WITH CHARACTERS HOMES OR ROOMS

B - OPEN WORLD PVP - PLANET OR AREA CONTROL

C - DECENT NON-MONORAIL SPACEFLIGHT AND COMBAT

D - MINIGAMES AS PAAZAK, PODRACING, GLADIATOR ARENAS

E - CHAT BUBBLES

F - TRUE STAR WARS EXPERIENCE

"...but, we're allowing tons of F2P'ers with no investment and marginal interest! We're even giving you same-sex relationships!"

Biowares apparent business model now includes a total disconnect with the actual paying customer base; company wide daily practice sessions called "Ignoring Those That Matter Most"; and personal mirrors for all Dev's that have "SWTOR Player opinons don't matter!" labels attached. At best, Bioware reads these posts for a laugh and little more, and at worse, they are just absolutely clueless at anything more than taking customers cash. Wouldnt it be great if Disney actually took a minute to look into this...

Edited by Netavarious

• 2 weeks later...
Bump!

E - CHAT BUBBLES

"...but, we're allowing tons of F2P'ers with no investment and marginal interest! We're even giving you same-sex relationships!"

Biowares apparent business model now includes a total disconnect with the actual paying customer base; company wide daily practice sessions called "Ignoring Those That Matter Most"; and personal mirrors for all Dev's that have "SWTOR Player opinons don't matter!" labels attached. At best, Bioware reads these posts for a laugh and little more, and at worse, they are just absolutely clueless at anything more than taking customers cash. Wouldnt it be great if Disney actually took a minute to look into this...

YES! If this was added(and with a little effort I think they should be able to easily do this), I would instantly resubscribe. :hope_01: And one more thing: PLEASE ADD MORE CLASS STORY. If this was all added....this game would literally be the best game ever.

Bump!

E - CHAT BUBBLES

I hate to sink your boat, and while I agree what your saying, however, believe me those F2P gamers... They spend more then 15 bucks a month ;) They generate more then us subscribers who get free cartel coins.

Please update us on if there will be more INDIVIDUAL class story Bioware!

(PS: I am going to keep bumping this thread with this post until I get an answer)

Note: I am not asking about the coming expansion, I'm asking if we will get anymore individual class story at all in the future.

As to the SGR stuff, I think Bioware in general needs to take it all a bit less seriously and "Black & White", and just make any companion romance-able, any way.

Have your relationship points be able to max out, then simply have the 'Best Friends' or 'Pursue Relationship' options. At the end of the day (whether it SWTOR, Mass Effect or Dragon Age) I'd want to max out all of my relationship statuses with all of my team, without having to be romantically interested in all of them.

That being said, some people might *WANT* to try and romance as many characters as possible :p

Having characters be considered 'gay' or 'straight' is too obtuse. In a sci-fi fantasy world, it would be great if we could just 'win over' or 'pursue' whoever we decide we want our characters to chase after.

I am not fussed either way, if they are there i will not pursue them. Not my thing,

But I support them being added since Bioware said they would

Whether i believe SGR is right or wrong has nothing to do with a game, especially when you have the option to do or not to do.

Most Companion romance is so sub par ( when compared to ME series) its not really worth it

Kinda agree with Darka except for 1 thing

1) If you support them because Bioware said they would add them, should not the same out cry for Pazaak, Swoop Racing, Greater Character Customization also be added at same time ro before as Bioware also made same statement about those items in closed beta that they would be high priority and out shortly after launch.

In the grand scheme of things, a few lines of chat and a fade to black screen promoting SSR is not more important to me then actual ingame content that promotes THE GAME and THE SETTING.

So yeah, while I dont give 2 squats about who someone has sex with (speaking consenting adults of course) in SW:TOR I do care about GAME CONTENT coming before real world politics.

Personally I find the State of Game update to be short on specifics and great on anything that cant stick to EA going forward.

So yeahhhhh, more double talk and spin, im sure that will play out well going forward :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
As to the SGR stuff, I think Bioware in general needs to take it all a bit less seriously and "Black & White", and just make any companion romance-able, any way.

Have your relationship points be able to max out, then simply have the 'Best Friends' or 'Pursue Relationship' options. At the end of the day (whether it SWTOR, Mass Effect or Dragon Age) I'd want to max out all of my relationship statuses with all of my team, without having to be romantically interested in all of them.

That being said, some people might *WANT* to try and romance as many characters as possible :p

Having characters be considered 'gay' or 'straight' is too obtuse. In a sci-fi fantasy world, it would be great if we could just 'win over' or 'pursue' whoever we decide we want our characters to chase after.

Very good point.

• 2 weeks later...

Taken for the State of the game 2, this line is the answer, not the one most of us wanted to hear, but cannot be over looked, and makes a lot of the talk in this thread mute points.

Topic #2: World PvP – What happened to making Ilum better? What is going on with Open World PvP? Answer: We have not forgotten Ilum! I think you will see (fairly soon) the answer to this question in the game itself - something big is coming to the Western Ice Shelf, but it’s quite a departure from what was there before. As for pure Open World PvP…well, that’s a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.

Said by Hickman, you can look up the State of the Game 2 if you want to read the entire post.

Edited by kevlarto

• 3 weeks later...
SGR is ending up to be a disappointment compared to all the hype it got when first mentioned. I think most were expecting SGR with companions. I know that's what I was expecting. Now it's just going to be NPCs on one planet, seems like such a let down.

• 4 weeks later...

SGR should be an option that can be turned off or on. Not everyone wants to have a political statement thrown in their faces when we are trying to leave the real world behind.

Alot of things should be in the game. The game CEO's personal crusades should be left out.

Not bashing anyone's person, or their tastes. The topic of gay rights or gay marriage or gay biggotry (and reverse biggotry) have NO place in Star Wars.

• 2 weeks later...
SGR should be an option that can be turned off or on. Not everyone wants to have a political statement thrown in their faces when we are trying to leave the real world behind.

Alot of things should be in the game. The game CEO's personal crusades should be left out.

Not bashing anyone's person, or their tastes. The topic of gay rights or gay marriage or gay biggotry (and reverse biggotry) have NO place in Star Wars.

When playing fantasy games, is the fantasy to live in a world without homosexuals? We have just as much a right to the game as you do. It's very easy to just not choose that option. I was able to ignore all the [Flirt] options with males because they simply didn't apply to me. If this isn't so easy for you, the problem may not lie with the game.

On a related note, I had no idea just how much I actually wanted SGR in the game until I actually got to experience it, even if it was just some silly fleeting dialogue. I actually feel more connected to my character now. Pretty sweet.

The other thing you need to realize? Your opinion on a toggle is considered discriminatory. BW has already stated this WILL NEVER be implemented. They are 100% against it and consider it bigotry to even ASK for.

It REALLY isn't difficult to NOT romance a companion you don't want to. I know plenty of people who refuse the current OGR relationships because they dislike the companion.

Simple fix. Don't choose the SGR if you don't want it. It isn't a freakin' political statement -- it's something MANY of their customers have ASKED for TIME and TIME again.

Simple fix. Don't choose the SGR if you don't want it. It isn't a freakin' political statement -- it's something MANY of their customers have ASKED for TIME and TIME again.

I have no problems with SGR being in the game. However, I would prefer checkbox options to disable them. In Dragon Age 2, I was practically smothered with these choices for Anders. Even after I gave him the "No! Never!" option (which was supposed to stop future options), they still appeared on my screen. I have not yet received such options in SWTOR, though it appears they are not so in-your-face, as in DA2.

• 4 weeks later...

To people all about SGR

In order to immerse myself, personally, into a romance with another in-game character role-playing wise, there needs to be a relationship built with that particular character. Take Bioware's title: "Dragon Age: Origins" for example, the characters you pick up in your travels have history. As you progress through the story, you unlock more dialogue with the people in your group. they tell you about their childhood, who they are, what they like, people they knew, their opinions on things, etc. Based on your reaction to whatever they say, or actions, they may like you, love you, or hate you..

Here is SWTORS romance:

You: Jaesa, you are hot, I want you

Her: Teehee, I want you too, lets go kill some jedi, and get nasty.

This is what you were/are ranting about, and un-subbing over.

Edited by cool-dude