Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

EricMusco

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I just keep hearing the same buzz words.

Here's BW dev team: Soon, stay tuned, keep an eye out, working on....

Here's SE dev team: http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/ffxi/US/2012roadmap.jpg

See the difference?

Mr. Hickman, you seriously need to look at this and consider it.

In all fairness, SE first owned up to their screw ups with their game, FFXI. I don't think our devs have gotten that far in the healing process. >.>; Edited by Estriga

Okay, riddle me this:

SGRs get their first official update since March, and it's only for NPCs. It's also the first time a current employee has publicly say a word since then as well.

PvP'ers got an entire patch for 1.6 and I know have gotten a ton of updates since March and the Guild Summit. And he did talk about PvP in this very SotG.

So, how is Jeff mentioning SGRs ignoring PvP again?

Edited by natashina

As for pure Open World PvP…well, that’s a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.

In other words... if you can`t enforce 8 vs 8 it wont happen... about nowhere... way to go...

הַלְּלוּיָהּ

Or in English, Hallelujah!

Oh and I agree with this too. Please just do a giant bug fix patch before you add in anything else and that includes everything you talked about in the SotG, Jeff. No point in any new content if it's too bugged to play or, in the case of my APAC friends, not enough people around.

Roflmfao, are you seriously complaining that sorcs are UNDERPOWERED? For real? You have the most cc of any class, the most ***-savers on the lowest cds, oh and bubble spec (the most op thing in pvp now). Hiding behind a wall of melee spamming lightning and then running is hard I hear... Seriously not trying to insult or troll you, but if you think sorcs need a buff of any kind you're delusional.

Now faceroll jugg/guardian smash spec and pyrotech pwrtcs need balancing, that I'll agree with.

Am I serious? What class do you play?

Sorc's have no burst at all you would know that if you played one, we have to spec into our cc such as a root to a frontal cone knockback. Snipers get this baseline no talent required. We have to spec into instant whirlwind that effects 1 target snipers have flashbang it affects 5 targets.

Smash is OP as hell they get a stacking buff that increases their damage 25% per stack x4 a base 2 point talent that reduces the cooldown by 3 seconds and increases it's damage by 20%. Smash specs also have auto crit through two abilities and an instant buff that will give them 4 stacks of their 25% buff on their next smash.

Sorcs have none of this I could write a page on what other classes have that we don't but I would want to bore the non sorcs who don't care.

Our damage has been pathetic as well as our utility since 1.2. Bubble stun is already going to be nerfed our stun was nerfed to 10 meters from 30, if you played one you would know it's bubbles recast time has 17 second GCD before it can be cast on the same target again. It absorbs about 3.5 to 4k which can be taken in one hit then what? A decent Jugg/Guardian can burn down a bubble stun sorc before they cast their third bubble a good one in 1 bubble. Look at all the useless talents a healer has to take in the lightning tree just to get that ability and how much it gimps their healing . You have no idea what your talking about

I think this may be the funniest thing i have ever read on the boards...Thankyou for the laugh.

I'm glad you obviously don't play one and likely play a class that has DPS like a Vanguard.

Edited by Devinia-Hex

No word on APAC server population issues? Hottest thread on the forums and you just ignore the issue again?

Where did you guys go to business school anyway? You promised communication, how about delivering on that.

Fixing annoying bugs that have been in the game since beta would be nice too.

PvP is horribly broken at 50, and not much better sub-50.

My ideas:

1) Implement cross-server PvP. We're tired of fighting the same team over and over and over.

2) Seperate sub-50 pvp into 2 brackets - 10-25, and 25-50.

3) Add a 30 minute cooldown before queuing again for anyone who leaves a match in progress.

4) Fix class balance. Fix class balance. Fix class balance.

5) Did I mention fixing class balance?

If your going to add a lockout timer for people that quit, you had better split the pvp bracket up into people who what to have fun vs people who are there to win...im sick of carrying scrubs or carrying people who are just there to have fun and run around. I dont quit because i enjoying queueing over and over...i quit because my teammates cant do the simplest things, like call an incoming, or stun somebody running to stop a cap. I dont expect everybody to be steller at pvp, but the ability to type would be a good start . Knowing how to play your class, or how other classes work would be a good second. I like to do more things than just pvp...if im forced to play out every loss, i would never get anything done.

I'm glad you obviously don't play one and likely play a class that has DPS like a Vanguard.

I do pvp a vanguard, and a powertek, and a commando, and a sawbones all at lvl 50 with min/maxed warhero. So what? sorcs eat me all the time...Sorcs eat me more than any other class. While smash monkey are a pain, you can deal with them if you know what to look for. And for them to attack me, they have to be in range of my stuns and damage so i can atleast fight back. I have never had a smash monkey stun me for 15 second straight, insta lift, stun, snare, root, push, and sprint away. Sorcs pound me from 30m and the only thing i can do harpoon if its up...Then, good sorcs just blow me away and root, then force sprint out. If i cant start the fight on my terms, i LoS and get away before i get melted. If i get inside on you and my cooldowns are up, im going to melt you with my vanguard...thats the way it should be...im a dps in heavy armor...but im restricted to 10m...good sorcs stay at 30 and devistate.

In the lowbie bracket, i pvp a 21 slinger and an 18 sage. I own with the sage and i only use 3 skills (tel throw, projection, and force potency). i average about 200k damage...i have broke 350k a couple times when i got heals and i suck at my sage...other sages that i pvp with consitantly break 650k in the 50 bracket. There are very few other in the 50 bracket that can do those number other than voulash, or youshould.

For you to ask for more is like a jug asking to have his force scream become an AE attack too. If you really want something to complain about and need to see what a busted class plays like, play and merc/commando.

You people are mind boggling. Seriously.

1) They are not going to write about bug fixes in a State of the Game Update. Companies generally announce anything about bug fixes other than patch notes.

2) Just because they didn't talk about something in here, doesn't nessescarily mean it's not in the works or is being ignored.

3) HOW is having the Flirt option in conversations on the new planet really THAT offensive to people that you need the option to "opt out" of it? Seriously? Just don't pick that option if you don't want your male character fliring with a male NPC (or two females, whatever). It's not like just because it's there you are going to be forced to choose it. It also won't ruin the game. It also isn't taking development time over "bug fixes", pvp or anything other silly thing you can think of.

I do pvp a vanguard, and a powertek, and a commando, and a sawbones all at lvl 50 with min/maxed warhero. So what? sorcs eat me all the time...Sorcs eat me more than any other class. While smash monkey are a pain, you can deal with them if you know what to look for. And for them to attack me, they have to be in range of my stuns and damage so i can atleast fight back. I have never had a smash monkey stun me for 15 second straight, insta lift, stun, snare, root, push, and sprint away. Sorcs pound me from 30m and the only thing i can do harpoon if its up...Then, good sorcs just blow me away and root, then force sprint out. If i cant start the fight on my terms, i LoS and get away before i get melted. If i get inside on you and my cooldowns are up, im going to melt you with my vanguard...thats the way it should be...im a dps in heavy armor...but im restricted to 10m...good sorcs stay at 30 and devistate.

I pretty much agree with this...and I'm a freakin Vanguard tank for pete sake. There's a reason why there's always 2-3 sorc healers in every WZ I play...whether I'm playing my main or lobbie alts. They're apparently so OP that everyone plays them, and the sad part is I barely see any consular healers anymore.

Your Blog once again reeks ,telling us the game is in great condition yeah right between your Blatent cash grab and the the Life day special over the christmas period not including the gambling yeah paying cash for coin to then gamble on boxes may let you through a legal loop hole but it is what it is.

GG

Unsubbing after reading this drivel.

As you can probably imagine, the launch of the Free-to-Play option with our new Cartel Market has been an amazing event for our game. The game is incredibly healthy with an ever increasing number of players who are actively playing (the servers are rocking!). Having said that, we know we haven’t gotten everything perfect, and we are still working hard to make The Old Republic everything you guys desire. More than anything we wanted to get folks back in and playing the game, and bring back the excitement and camaraderie - we feel like we've made great strides over the last 6 months towards these goals. All signs point to a very bright future for our game!

Wow. Yo Jeff I'm really happy for you and imma let you finish but other MMO companies fix bugs all the time. All the time!

Seriously, more players is great and everything, but now we have laggy servers and a game that's absolutely riddled with bugs. You want all of these new people to stick around? Break out the rags and polish the hell out of your game. Here's my question Jeff. You go out for a nice steak dinner. On the menu is a new side salad. So you order the NY strip with a baked potato and the new salad. Your meal shows up. Your steak is perfect. The salad is very well done. But your baked potato is moldy and foul. Would you think that's a sound business practice? You complain and they say "oh yeah, that moldy, rotten potato is low priority right now, but look at how AWESOME our new salad is!". Is that the kind of business you would want to hand money over to? Because that's basically the experience you're giving us.

I can't think of a nice way to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Piling new content onto a game while long-standing bugs (including ones that cause the game to be unplayable, for crying out loud) and unstable servers go unfixed is asinine.

Huzzarh for the gay content! While it's not a make or break feature (by a long shot) for me, it's awesome that Star Wars is taking a huge step into the 21st century!

Please, please, please Bioware, Lucasarts, and EA do not allow SGR in Star Wars The Old Republic. It will ruin the game and make a lot of people leave it. I'm only suggesting my opinion because I love this game so much and I don't want to see it go down the drain. As a subscriber, I'm asking all of you to change your mind. Star Wars is a family based story with nothing to do with SGR.

I'll point out that Doctor Who - another family based franchise - introduced queer characters and not only did the ratings not take a hit, one of them got his own spinoff! Of course Captain Jack would be horribly offended if someone called him gay. He's more omni-sexual! But still - nobody complained, everyone took it in stride and it was no big deal in the end.

It seems pretty simple to me - if you dont like the Gay, then don't have a gay relationship. Kind of like real life that way. Problem sorted!

Edited by El_Kabong

So, they couldn't add in additional class stories, but they're taking the time to add in the ability to flirt with NPCs of the same gender? I really wish I'd have known this BEFORE I paid the $10 bucks. Their priorities are really messed up. They make the 1% happy by adding story content just for them (content that most people don't care about at all) all the while shunning the very reason most people have stayed with the game so long in the first place.... class story lines....

Can I get a refund?

same here

I am equally offended at the idea of it being in the game for various reasons including IMO waste of time/money/etc resources.

Actually if you think about it, queer romance takes less manpower. Where before the devs had to design two sexual encounters (one for each gender), now they only have to design one to cover both!

Hood toggles!

Hood toggles!

Hood toggles!!11

Totally agree, this is one thing I would like to see implemented in game, it's been over a year since beta/early access and still none of the following:

CHAT BUBBLES

SITTING DOWN IN SEATS (you can do it in your ship but for some reason no where else???)

FIXING TWILIK LAKKU'S FOR HOODS

CANTINA MINIGAMES (Like pazzak, sabaac)

SERVER TRANSFERS (Especially now servers are stable or maybe some server mergers for RP-PVP on EU side as we don't have one. I am on PvP server which is great but am missing the RP immersion)

UPDATED GROUP FINDER (to include all operations and all modes not just EV, KP storymode)

Don't get me wrong it's great to hear of new content and expansions, I am very happy to here of possible more PVP WZ's as the PvP in this game is top notch.

But please sort these items out which are on a year long list, hell get another team to work on these while you all work on future updates. These aren't game breaking things but it's the small things that matter to people.

Most of us have been here since early access and stood by watching the game grow, but please don't destroy the game by ignoring these problems which obviously are starting to annoy people.

Hopefully you are reading this Bioware, we have faith in you but trust your community fix the little things even over the upcoming patches and you will have more support from your fanbase.

Thanks

Edited by solo-nite

no kidding...this is downright disgraceful. Bioware is so completely out of touch with the gaming community its ridiculous. Now to have the discussion with my guild to see if we should continue putting up with this clueless gaming company mishandling a great IP or if we should just quit this game and go dink around playing The Secret World until TESO comes out. Bioware has ruined Star Wars.

I don't think they have ruined Star Wars (yet). But yes it does seem that Bioware is out of touch with the community, gaming or Star Wars fans. And there are things that they can and can't do, to make it better or completely ruin it. We shall see.