How about making HK-51 parts easier to find now?

weapon_x

so, screw the players who actually had to work to get........

While I am not a proponent for making things simpler to acquire HK-51 other then to make it fully solable.... this statement you just made --------> true of just about every MMO out there. One way or the other, passively (via level progressions) or actively via deliberate simplification... this is exactly what MMOs do.

Example: WoW .... insta level to 80. .... oh no.. what about all the players that had to level from 1-80? Same goes for EQ, and a good number of other MMOs as well.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents...

I have HK, did it once with a guildie helping me out, didn't take very long at all (whole thing start to finish maybe 2 or 3 hours).

That said, I really wouldn't care if they made this easier now. Doesn't hurt me in any way, so why not? Or just let people pay to get HK without the quest. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Or make the parts tradeable so they can be sold on the GTN. Everyone's a winner. (I'd do the same with the Dreadseed and Star Forager armour too).

Yay, a reasonable person makes a post. Crazy.

Personally, I agree that Bioware should make this mission easier now, since there aren't as many people searching for the parts any longer. I did the whole quest once only to get HK-51, and after that used CC to unlock him for my other characters (my time is much more important to me than CC). The main reasons for not wanting to do the whole quest a second time where the HM flashpoint (I normally don't do those because I don't find them fun) and the "PVE vendor in a PVP area" thing (whose stupid idea was that btw.?). My favourite part about the whole quest was the Theoretica quest, followed by the hunt for parts.

I still have the scanner, so when someone asks for help finding the piece on the planet I'm on, I lend a hand, even though I already have HK-51 on all my characters. If more people would do that, new searchers wouldn't have such a hard time searching for example Taris or Hoth. :)

• 2 months later...
I just started the HK hunt this week, it took me 3 days and the help of 2 others to find the part on Taris. Still need 3 more pieces: the motivator, the loyalty chip and the weapons protocol, and have no idea where to look for them. Did a search on wiki even , nadda. Anyone know where or how to get these last 3 pieces?

I just started the HK hunt this week, it took me 3 days and the help of 2 others to find the part on Taris. Still need 3 more pieces: the motivator, the loyalty chip and the weapons protocol, and have no idea where to look for them. Did a search on wiki even , nadda. Anyone know where or how to get these last 3 pieces?

Loyalty chip is in Hard Mode Maelstrom Prison. There's a storage room at the very end of the instance. The crate is lootable when you're on the build HK mission.

The only piece that took me forever was the one in the Jedi temple place on I think Coruscant or Nar Shadda. All I know was I needed a level 15ish Republic character to get it for my Mercenary. Luckily another guy was looking for it and we got it eventually. Generally it took me longer to get to the area then it took to search said area for the part.

Seriously, one more time:

When you need a guide for anything in SWTOR, LOOK AT DULFY

http://dulfy.net/2012/10/11/swtor-patch-1-5the-hunt-for-hk-51companion-droid/

or just google dulfy whateveritisyouaretryingtofind

Seriously, one more time:

When you need a guide for anything in SWTOR, LOOK AT DULFY

^^ Word.

And for those of you who constantly forget this important point -----> suggest you tattoo it on your forehead (in reverse) so that you will see the reminder every time you look at yourself in the mirror. :p

And for the narcissists that habitate the internet, this should make it easy for them to get a reminder many times per day. :p:p:p:p Please Note: this will NOT work for Passive Aggressive Narcissists as they are focused on being eternal victims of their environment. :cool:

Sorry to necro, but this quest series was fine when it was going at a steady pace, now that I'm spending hours just plopping down a scanner that for all I know can't actually pick up the part anymore, it makes me wonder if something isn't actually broken with the quest.

I don't play this religiously enough to warrant being in a guild, nor do I have the luxury or the luck to be able to acquire a group to go searching for this. Some folks like me have no choice, no option but to search around solo, and as it is currently, the mission requires searching an extremely large area with a tool that takes a long time to power up, and only covers a small radius.

I guess what I'm saying is that the quest where you're searching for parts needs a little reworking. If I wanted to play the grind game with random number generator (because all these parts are randomly placed) I'd go and play Lineage, Lineage II, or some other god forsaken Korean grind game.

Sorry to necro, but this quest series was fine when it was going at a steady pace, now that I'm spending hours just plopping down a scanner that for all I know can't actually pick up the part anymore, it makes me wonder if something isn't actually broken with the quest.

I don't play this religiously enough to warrant being in a guild, nor do I have the luxury or the luck to be able to acquire a group to go searching for this. Some folks like me have no choice, no option but to search around solo, and as it is currently, the mission requires searching an extremely large area with a tool that takes a long time to power up, and only covers a small radius.

I guess what I'm saying is that the quest where you're searching for parts needs a little reworking. If I wanted to play the grind game with random number generator (because all these parts are randomly placed) I'd go and play Lineage, Lineage II, or some other god forsaken Korean grind game.

Couple points;

1) I don''t buy the "No choice, no option"... run to fleet, Gen Chat for a HK run on <Insert Planet Here>. or on the planet for that matter... thats how I found 2 pieces. One simple shout out in Gen Chat (in the middle of the night (so it wasn't a busy time) 3 people showed up to search because they needed it to).

2) Then don't search for HK. Its not required to complete the game, or any mission... it is completely optional (as are the seeker droid and macrobinocular mission series) (I'll go a step further and say, I used him only on a handful of occassions).

Point being, why make it easier? Because you want HK, you want HK now, and don't want to work to unlock him? This is where things start to bother me. Players want a certain item that can be difficult to obtain... and cry nerf or make it easier... the point of pride, is that it WAS difficult to get. Thats the point of hving HK, or a certain title (gonna get that Datacron Master title... if it kills me).

There is a single change I would suggest for this. Announce the removal of it by the end of year. Either you get it the "hard" way or you never get it. Don't sell it with CC.

So pray the RNG god smiles upon ye or be damned despite the fact you paid good money to take part in this content? Yeh that seems legit.

So pray the RNG god smiles upon ye or be damned despite the fact you paid good money to take part in this content? Yeh that seems legit.

Since it wasn't announced from the get-go to be a limited thing, that would indeed suck if that would be done.

But otherwise it wouldn't be the first, nor the last thing that would only be available for a limited period... similar things happen in every mmo. As long as that was announced upfront I wouldn't have an issue with such a construction. As it is...HK was never introduced as a limited thing, so no, the ease or difficulty to obtain him shouldn't be changed.

Edited by LeJarC

If we swapped the Excavator which is terrible for the Seeker Droid, which is less terrible, then it would be toned down enough for it to be still tedious, but no longer anywhere near as frustrating, and I'd be willing to finish it on the rest of my alts.

You people want to make a suggest to make it ezmode, I will make a suggestion that is harder. It give EA a choice of ideas and perhaps you will stop making demands. It can get worse.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I mean back when the game first came out, a buddy of mine was saying "Man this game really could use a Group Finder" and I was like "Yeah, that's one way they could go... or, you know what? Instead of doing that, they could make it so that everytime you log on you have to stab yourself with a fork before you can play."

Just to give EA some choices...

I don't think they are actually difficult to find on the individual planets, as I recently solo searched all for the planetary parts without it taking too long to find, sure it would have been easier with other to triangulate the part.

I was level 52 at the time but found 2 55's for the SM flashpoint, using the 55's treek as the 4th member. We then all went and did the HM flashpoint together and used GF for a 4th member, it was more difficult I will admit but it was partly due to the fact that the 3 of us who did the SM flashpoint were all DPS so it listed me as heals (which I am not good at).

I spent no more than 15 minutes on each planet completely solo. It's already easy enough to find, just use your head.

+1 it took me no more than 20 minutes on Taris and Coruscant. On the other hand, Dromund Kaas has too large area to scan, so the group is rather necessary.

People need to take into consideration that metres in the game are short, so every step you take is significant. I suggest everyone to repeat the pattern of three steps and scan.

I spent no more than 15 minutes on each planet completely solo. It's already easy enough to find, just use your head.

I call BS. I don't even think it's possible to get to location on Hoth and start scanning for parts in 15 minutes.

I am by no means suggesting that the missions are dumbed down in any way, but the "easiest" part of the quest line relatively speaking, is actually the most difficult. I understand the parts are supposed to be rare, but the fact that the reliability of the excavator is in question as well as the size of the areas you are scanning being a significant factor.

I mean the mission details don't even hint at a set of coordinates or location to at least start looking. Take Taris for instance, the area around the Endar Spire is actually very large, I spent two hours of my time just running around both sides of it, back and forth, scanning and scanning without a single bit of luck. To me that's two hours wasted I could have used accomplishing anything else.

I logged into a planet and the force told me exactly where it was so it only took 2 minutes.. I"m not sure why anyone else is having problems, I must be 10x's the player than you all!