How about making HK-51 parts easier to find now?

weapon_x

It was a lame quest. I wasted much time doing it. Was a bit less lame when I grouped with someone else though.

The lamest thing is however that you have to buy the companion for each toon on your account.

Well, until getting to buy it on alts, I'm trying to get the parts. Seems something is wrong since I covered all the area and there's no part. Also, no other instances to try in.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to find the part on Jedi Temple.

I used an overlapping pattern so no area remains unscanned. Still, I found no HK part. Do they still exists ? Did them moved somewhere else ?

It's still there. That was one of the easier parts for me to find, Taris was tricky (It was further right than any of the guides said (There were two of us looking separately. I got lucky & got a ping at 25m, so I called him over to help). Dromund Kass, I got very lucky in finding, I caught it just on the very edge, 2m in three directions there was nothing.

Anyways, keep searching, it is there. I promise you!

I did a screenshot of the map, overlapped the range of the scan circle (at 16m to make sure it covers everything), determined all scan positions and scanned. Nothing. Non-overlap (distance from border to tri-point) was considered 16m just to make 100%+++ sure that there's no area uncovered.

Model example: http://wgbis.ces.iisc.ernet.in/envisrs/files/Fig10_11.jpeg

No way an area can be not covered by such a pattern.

-Edit-

Yes, I did scan the above level also, and the areas L and R.

Edited by Overmind

I did a screenshot of the map, overlapped the range of the scan circle (at 16m to make sure it covers everything), determined all scan positions and scanned. Nothing. Non-overlap (distance from border to tri-point) was considered 16m just to make 100%+++ sure that there's no area uncovered.

Model example: http://wgbis.ces.iisc.ernet.in/envisrs/files/Fig10_11.jpeg

No way an area can be not covered by such a pattern.

-Edit-

Yes, I did scan the above level also, and the areas L and R.

It's possible that someone found it on one side of the room whilst you were over the other. In that case, it stays above ground for one minute, then resets to a new location.

The digging quests and the macrobonocular quersts are the best Bioware ever did to that game !

- Says an Adventure Games player. :D -

People who qq about finding HK parts have probably never played classics like Monkey Island and Simon The Sorcerer.

WHat does Monkey Island have to do with RNG scanning? Adventure games require u to solve puzzles, not search for a needle in haystack Edited by Pietrastor

WHat does Monkey Island have to do with RNG scanning? Adventure games require u to solve puzzles, not search for a needle in haystack

+1

It's possible that someone found it on one side of the room whilst you were over the other. In that case, it stays above ground for one minute, then resets to a new location.

That is not excluded to be so, although the probability is extremely small, since I did not see anyone enter and noone answered in general chat when I asked for more diggers.

I find it kinda hilarious that people think an hour is a long time to find something.

Just throw on netflix in another window or something while you scan. It's not like it requires a huge amount of attention and even if it does take an hour - which is rare - an hour really isn't very long.

But I guess for the ADHD button-mashing kiddies today, if you don't get something in 10 seconds, it's BOOOOOOOOOOORING.

Deal with it. Or don't do it. Guess you don't want HK that bad, eh?

I find it kinda hilarious that people think an hour is a long time to find something.

Just throw on netflix in another window or something while you scan. It's not like it requires a huge amount of attention and even if it does take an hour - which is rare - an hour really isn't very long.

But I guess for the ADHD button-mashing kiddies today, if you don't get something in 10 seconds, it's BOOOOOOOOOOORING.

Deal with it. Or don't do it. Guess you don't want HK that bad, eh?

:rolleyes:

@Raphael_diSanto And not getting it ever how is ?

I do use multi-monitor setup. Problem is I'm gonna even finish watching my TV series collection before I find any gdmfpos parts.

As he said, if you want HK, take the time to find it. "Give it to me because I can't figure out how to use the scanner" is not a very compelling argument.

Honestly the thing that stops me from doing HK on more than one alt is the ship quest. Annoying jump puzzles in pseudo-darkness...no thanks. Everything else was pretty manageable solo, but I needed a friend to pull me around in the Theoretika.

The Theoretika is the FAR FAR FAR best thing in the WHOLE game ! Everything is trash compared to this ... scenery of eerie visions ... Nothing in the whole game creates more athmosphere than this ship !

- View from an Adventure player who played through Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis

Of course, MMO players won't like it.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Honestly the thing that stops me from doing HK on more than one alt is the ship quest. Annoying jump puzzles in pseudo-darkness...no thanks. Everything else was pretty manageable solo, but I needed a friend to pull me around in the Theoretika.

If you don't want it to be a bother, just read a walkthrough. Pretty easy with a walkthrough.

As he said, if you want HK, take the time to find it. "Give it to me because I can't figure out how to use the scanner" is not a very compelling argument.

Theres nothing to figure out.

If the part wasn't there after a full coverage pattern search, we have a problem.

The Theoretika is the FAR FAR FAR best thing in the WHOLE game ! Everything is trash compared to this ... scenery of eerie visions ... Nothing in the whole game creates more athmosphere than this ship !

- View from an Adventure player who played through Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis

Aliens-like style. There should be more of these.

When I did that first time it was awesome. I was alone too so I didn't get "nothing can happen to me because I'm in group". It was just me, my companion and the ship.

Even though it's Heroic it's best experienced alone.

Edited by Halinalle

Theres nothing to figure out.

If the part wasn't there after a full coverage pattern search, we have a problem.

If you didn't find it, you were doing something wrong, i.e., you didn't look in the right place. That's all there is to it. Or perhaps someone else just found it. I've got HK the "hard way" on 5 characters and done some of the searches with with 3 other characters on various planets. I have never walked away empty handed. There is no way I am going to believe that it is now bugged.

@Raphael_diSanto And not getting it ever how is ?

I do use multi-monitor setup. Problem is I'm gonna even finish watching my TV series collection before I find any gdmfpos parts.

If you can't find it, you're not looking in the right place. Sounds like a tautology, but it's the simple answer. Set up your search pattern, figure out the best way to scan to cover every single inch of ground in the area you're looking, then go to it. If you get to the end, it means one of three things:

1. Your search pattern wasn't thorough enough. You missed a bit. Maybe you moved too far between scans and you missed a spot in the middle. It's easy to do.

2. Your search pattern wasn't wide enough. The part's further away from the area than you thought. With no visible "boundary", this can easily happen.

3. Someone found it, didn't tell you, and then it moved to some place where you'd already searched.

Dunno what to tell you. I've done it a bunch of times now - I'm a cheapskate, and I'm not spending money when I can get it for free - And I've never had to search for more than 45 minutes in any given area, at maximum.

Longest for me was Empire Side Taris, a while back, but part of that was because I kept stopping to go help lowbies with heroics.

The whole quest/storyline for Hk-51 was very very good, yes digging for parts could have been better but otherwise great mini adventure.

Real shame we don't see more these one off side quests

Buying Treek was a wasted oppurtunity.