How about making HK-51 parts easier to find now?

weapon_x

Another HK acquired the hard way yesterday. Took much longer than three tries on Hoth this time, but I still see no reason to make it easier, it clearly works as intended. You just need to work a bit for your reward, and that's how it should be.

The Flashpoints are a laugh now that we can easily solo them at level 60.

Edited by Luinthoron

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're not 'mapping' your search route and spacing your excavator apart accordingly you're doing it all wrong. It only took me 1 round trip around the space ship on hoth to find the part. Druman Kaas was a pain though luckily I had help on that one. Another player happened to be on the same quest and we teamed up.

• 2 weeks later...

Found the Taris part right away. Less than 5 mins. Found the DK part in about same time. Hoth I spent around 30 minutes and gave up. Then, yesterday tried for another 15 then logged off to play an alt. Came back later and found it right away. As I am level 60, I soloed the 2 FP in 15 mins each and went to Belsavis to solo the last quest.

Overall it must have taken me about 6 hours from the very start.

I spent no more than 15 minutes on each planet completely solo. It's already easy enough to find, just use your head.

I realize this post is two years old. I had little problem when I did it awhile back, but I have seen a few people lately that have reported issues on Taris.

• 2 months later...

The Theoretika took me longer than any other part sheerly because I was being stubborn about trying to not read guides beforehand. Alas, I could not solve the one room puzzle

where the room seals on you and you have to find your way out

- once that part got resolved, it was smooth sailing.

I got my part on DK in less than 15 minutes. Got my part on Taris my FIRST scan (no joke, I nearly shat myself). Got my part on Hoth in about 20 - 25 minutes give or take. And so on. even the Foundry portion was ok to get through, as I lucked out with a really great GF group and we facerolled the FP.

Who knows though...maybe some instances are bugged? We've seen all kinda wonky crap happen on Rishi with different instances (datacrons, meat tree anyone?) so maybe now something is awry with the HK quest depending on the instance you hit. *shrug*

I feel for y'all searching forever though...sounds like most GSI quests, lol.

''Make it easier'' is a phrase used too many times. Things are supposed to be a challenge, and all folk want is it handed to them on a silver platter with bells and cherries on top.

If we all got what we wanted with minimal effort then what would be the point of playing the game?

I have gathered the HK parts on most of my characters and I've only had a couple of occasions where it took more than 30 minutes to find any single part. The only part I find worthy of complaint is forcing players to become flagged for pvp for the part in Outlaws Den, but a few guildies along for the ride can often make that more interesting.

Edited by AvalonBunny

''Make it easier'' is a phrase used too many times. Things are supposed to be a challenge, and all folk want is it handed to them on a silver platter with bells and cherries on top.

If we all got what we wanted with minimal effort then what would be the point of playing the game?

Hi,

I agree with this. I like doing the quest and get a sense of achievement once I have done it. Occasionally, out of laziness, I buy the unlock, but a small part of me always feels a disturbance in the force when I do so.

I also enjoy the macrobins/seeker droid quests. They are a bit different from the usual run of the mill quests and whenever I take newbies through the Nar Shaddaa jumping one, they are quite often in awe as to how exciting it feels to do it (despite the buggyness of it).

A 'challenge' is indeed all well and good, but the digging aspect isn't challenging in any good sense of the word, it's just lengthy and tedious. If they want to throw in the digger being able to spawn an enemy the way the Seeker Droid can in its ambient dig sites, or if there was some actual puzzle mechanics or clues that a player had to figure out to find the piece, then that would be a good addition of challenge. But what we have is none of those things.

Challenges are good because they cause players to strive to improve or get them more engaged with the game. The the lengthy trial-and-error process of finding the HK parts doesn't do either - it's just a time-sink.

Then don't do it. No one needs HK. If you want HK, then put in the time to find the parts. Easy peasy.

I have HK, all I am doing here is articulating why I think that this aspect of the game could be improved.

Edited by DarthDymond

Then don't do it. No one needs HK. If you want HK, then put in the time to find the parts. Easy peasy.

I totally agree.

There are often other players looking for HK parts and it's easy to whisper them and team up to cover more ground. Or team up with guildies ... LOL great fun racing through Foundry and FE on a couple of lvl 60's then going around to the various areas to find parts.

If you really want HK the easy way, get him on 1 char in each faction then pay to unlock him for each subsequent char. But then folk would whine about the cost ... so just go look for the parts and it'll cost you a lot less.

Just did hk quest on a couple of my 60's and it has never been easier

Can solo everything - so I may have to dig a little bit- that's a whole lot easier than trying to find groups to run the fp's after the novelty wore off and max level was 50

Edited by Daxy

• 4 weeks later...
The digging quests and the macrobonocular quersts are the best Bioware ever did to that game !

- Says an Adventure Games player. :D -

People who qq about finding HK parts have probably never played classics like Monkey Island and Simon The Sorcerer.

Don't get me wrong, but i love monkey island and those games, but when i play a RPG type game, i don't expect to scan for stupid items for hours on end.......only to never find it.

I for one, scanned endlessly all over the location the blasted quest info says and its not there....so i am moving on, no companion is worth this crappy scanning rubbish.

What makes me laugh is this. I found em rather easy (except for the Jedi temple one, it was literally at the last location on my scan sweep). What made me laugh was at the Temple I tried to invite the other two people searching to a group. Both declined. Both left before I found the piece one of them yelling "this is stupid!!!!!"

Now if they would have joined the group and coordinated it would have been 5-10 minutes out of our lives instead of them finding nothing and me taking 30 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...