How about making HK-51 parts easier to find now?

weapon_x

I'm progessing through this myself.

On the whole it's not been too bad.

Taris and Coruscant took me 45 minutes.

Hoth took a lot longer until 4 other people turned up.

I spent 40 miunutes om Dromund Kaas before aomeone else turned up.

There are still people looking for it, although not as many as before.

Perhaps one possible route would be to allow you to buy a scanner with twice the range for twice the price.

As it is the quest isn't entirely soloable, so the comment regarding the use of other people in a group is correct.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think that, except the Tatooine item, the quests are as they should be. I don't like pve being mixed with pvp. I've done the HK series 4 times now and sometimes finding the part is quick and sometimes it's not. Get a group together and you help your chances. HK is a good companion to level up with, aside from the occasional storyline bugs and finding gear at some levels is a challenge.

I don't mind the scavenger hunt. I do wish there was another way to get the FP pieces for the Roleplayers who can't replay those flashpoints without 'violating their continuity'.

Or they could just HM's + story/cutsceneless "Simulations" like they do for same v same warzones :)

• 11 months later...

Personally, I am against dumbing down old missions....other then to perhaps make them soloable (and this only because of difficulties with grouping on old content).

Some things need to be earned..and seeking random parts is kind of the whole point of this one IMO.

It's not right for everyone of course.. and so some people just should not do it. It's not like anyone has to have HK to play the game.

Edited by Andryah

Actually, I recently got it on an alt and I had to spend 3 days searching on Tarris. I'd never had this much difficulty with getting these parts before, I already have HK on my other 55s. Changes have been made last year to the HK quest and I think they broke something.

And I also agree with the time it takes, it takes about 30 mins per planet, except Tarris which is unfindable on some days, and I think that's a tad bit long.

I use to QQ this mission hard on these forums.

It actually caused me to rage quit for 8 months.

When I came back recently, a guildy said he would help me get the last few parts i needed.

In a group of 2 using Dulfy location guide, we found every part in less than 20 minutes each time.

*Do not do this solo

*Do the part you need always with another player, it makes it so easy you will kick yourself.

When I rage quit, it was solo searching, taking over 3-4 hours and nothing.

* Also, this HK51 companion, is the best ever and well worth the time and stress, seriously stick with it.

My first search was on Taris, using my level 55 Sniper. Got a hit immediately ... a very irritated big beastie. Lol! Found the part quickly on Taris after defeating the beastie, though. I quickly found the Coruscant part, too.

Dromund Kaas took over an hour and a half. No one else looking for the parts at that time wanted to co-ordinate efforts.

I thought my head was going to explode from frustration.

Imp Hoth. No one else looking for the parts at that time wanted to co-ordinate efforts there either. Took almost an hour.

Maybe those folks were reluctant to co-ordinate searches because they thought that finding a part meant only one person could pick it up. I don't know.

Definitely "bring a friend, or two" who are also looking for HK parts missions.

I gave up after 2 hrs on Taris. Not worth the time alone. Playing the game to have fun, not "put my nose to the grindstone." We all do more than enough of that in RL in my opinion.

I was tryin to solo this as well and got no place, but I found some fellas grouped up and we found it in like five mins.

So I went to the next planet and made groups through general chat and found all the pieces in like an hour or two.

You would be surprised how many people will group up to do that search

Personally, I am against dumbing down old missions....other then to perhaps make them soloable (and this only because of difficulties with grouping on old content).

Some things need to be earned..and seeking random parts is kind of the whole point of this one IMO.

It's not right for everyone of course.. and so some people just should not do it. It's not like anyone has to have HK to play the game.

I respectfully disagree. Once content becomes out dated, then dumping down content is perfectly acceptable. Out with the old and in with the new. What BW needs to do is add a one time purchase of 2000 cartel coins or similar price to the furball companion to automatically unlock HK-51.

Edited by Knockerz

The parts have always been hit or miss on how easy they are to find. They just make you appropriate HK that much more.

Seriously, the parts on Hoth and Taris are always north of the two starship wreckages while the capital worlds are in places of power for the Jedi/Sith respectively.

Grid search, grid search, GRID SEARCH. You think this is a pain? You know nothing of how painful surveying can be and that's exactly what this is. Learn to GRID SEARCH. Make a large area, break it down into smaller areas, move methodically through them with overlapping searches. Move on to the next area if it doesn't turn up.

Every game has some kind surveying minigame to it. All of them are painfully easy when you grid search. If you're just running around randomly firing off pulses hoping to get lucky of course it's going to take forever.

Hell I just had someone bail out of KDY because they would rather watch paint dry then play through "a boring FP". Seriously if you're not going to put any effort into the game, stop playing period. You want to be spoon fed entertainment go watch movies or DVD's where it doesn't require any interaction with anything on your part. Games require interaction and if that interaction is boring because you have to put some effort into it, don't play them.

I have only done the hk search once, for me once was enough. Some parts i found in 10-15 minutes, others took a good 2 hours. In the areas i could group with others it was not too bad. But the ones i had to solo were annoying to the point that i only carried on so that i could get finished and never have to do it again.

Once i know i am going to be playing a character right to endgame, i use coins from my monthly sub and key coins to unlock that companion. That way i can get the companion at no extra irl cost without ever having to do that awful quest again.

I respectfully disagree. Once content becomes out dated, then dumping down content is perfectly acceptable. Out with the old and in with the new. What BW needs to do is add a one time purchase of 2000 cartel coins or similar price to the furball companion to automatically unlock HK-51.

so, screw the players who actually had to work to get hk and make it so anyone can get hk without having to fight for it like the rest of us? Think about it this way, people ask for more challenging content, that content is brought in, and then people complain that they have to work to get something special and in this case more powerful than a regular dps companion. As it is, when the cap raised to 55 that is about as much dumbed down as it can be as the hk quest remained at level 50. Seriously, if you want a special companion with higher dps capability in this instance you still got to work for it and hunt for parts like the rest of us did, and its even easier for people doing it today because back when hk first got out all the ganking at the search areas made getting hk parts even harder, so be thankful about not having to go through that. I know it takes time but eventually you will be rewarded for that work with hk. If everything were easy after a while people would start complaining about lack of content and would get worse if old content was dumbed down and made too easy.

so, screw the players who actually had to work to get hk and make it so anyone can get hk without having to fight for it like the rest of us? Think about it this way, people ask for more challenging content, that content is brought in, and then people complain that they have to work to get something special and in this case more powerful than a regular dps companion. As it is, when the cap raised to 55 that is about as much dumbed down as it can be as the hk quest remained at level 50. Seriously, if you want a special companion with higher dps capability in this instance you still got to work for it and hunt for parts like the rest of us did, and its even easier for people doing it today because back when hk first got out all the ganking at the search areas made getting hk parts even harder, so be thankful about not having to go through that. I know it takes time but eventually you will be rewarded for that work with hk. If everything were easy after a while people would start complaining about lack of content and would get worse if old content was dumbed down and made too easy.

You didn't have to work for anything. You did it when there was the initial rush and everyone and their cat was looking for the parts. You had hundreds of players scanning and finding the parts in less than 5 minutes and then announcing the location in general. New players are the ones who are having to work for everything while you got it handed to you. Now you're trolling the forums making sure things aren't put on even footing. This is disgusting. BioWare will change the quest so that new players can have a more reasonable time table on finding each part regardless of what spoiled older players have to say.

You didn't have to work for anything. You did it when there was the initial rush and everyone and their cat was looking for the parts. You had hundreds of players scanning and finding the parts in less than 5 minutes and then announcing the location in general. New players are the ones who are having to work for everything while you got it handed to you. Now you're trolling the forums making sure things aren't put on even footing. This is disgusting. BioWare will change the quest so that new players can have a more reasonable time table on finding each part regardless of what spoiled older players have to say.

ok accusations and highly condescending and arrogant attitude aside, I mentioned I did it during the rush but that's not the only time I have done it, mainly because I did not want to spend my good cc's on a companion I could get for free. I have done it several times after those rushes making it so as I got each character to 50 or 55 I did the hk quest, so first time, I got ganked a lot by imps (the section x base at the time alone was getting raided constantly), the second time on my warrior, was a lot better because there was no ganking (except when I went to get the outlaws den location, its as if those shadows were just waiting for me...) and the third time, on my scoundrel, I did it, and that was just a few months ago. Anyway, how dare you call me a lazy disgusting spoiled person? You had no idea what I had to go through. On the first time alone I was playing on a horrible little laptop that took 5 minutes just to load onto Coruscant alone! Anyway don't accuse people when you don't know a thing about what they did or what they had to go through. Its attitudes like yours that make the forums worse than it already is. You say I did not have to work for a thing, I had to look for parts amidst so much ganking it was ridiculous, the only time I got lucky and a group of pubs was around me helping me was on Coruscant, and even there I was the one who ultimately found the part for everyone. In conclusion, I have not had anything handed to me and you got no business accusing me of so.

Edited by Sangrar

My two cents...

I have HK, did it once with a guildie helping me out, didn't take very long at all (whole thing start to finish maybe 2 or 3 hours).

That said, I really wouldn't care if they made this easier now. Doesn't hurt me in any way, so why not? Or just let people pay to get HK without the quest. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Or make the parts tradeable so they can be sold on the GTN. Everyone's a winner. (I'd do the same with the Dreadseed and Star Forager armour too).

Edited by CrazyMcGee

I did HK-51 a few days ago. Took me a few hours spread over 2 days.

The first one with the scanner took me the longest. Then I realised, it doesn't turn green to tell you that you are near a part, it still tells you in red text, so either pay close attention or turn your speakers up, it makes a different sound.

It's not being lazy buying HK-51 off the cartel market since you have to work in real life in order to afford the cartel market coins. :cool: It's a win for BW and the player. Only people who consider the HK-51 quest series as "work" would be against putting HK-51 on the CM like the furball companion. People should do the HK-51 quest because it's content not because they want some silly companion for finishing the quest. It seems you only care about the companion otherwise why would you consider the quest as "work?"

The only advantage of acquire or finish content when it was relevant is you get the reward sooner and don't need to wait until content is dump down. From playing wow and other mmorpgs, this is always the case with content. I'm confident BW will do the same. Every mmorpg dumps down content regardless what people say on the forum. Especially, f2p mmorpgs that can make a quick dollar from sale of outdated content.

Edited by Knockerz