How about making HK-51 parts easier to find now?

weapon_x

The Taris part is for sure a pain in the ***... Just take a break and come back to it later, the part moves... That was the one I had the most trouble with, gave up on it for a few hours and when I started looking the 2nd time I found it within 5 mins, maybe less...

I would also prefer an account unlock instead of paying the 1M creds for every char...

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ran the HK quest for my Inquiz (solo except for Foundry hm) and no part took over 15-20 minutes to find on any of the planets.

In fact most of them were found in under 10 minutes

Its NOT a hard quest

Little time consuming because of all the travel but so what on that front

Still one of the best quests in game for my money and I wish they put half as much thought into obtaining Treek as they did getting HK 51

I had to scan the whole area on DK... still fun.

Same for Coruscant... still fun.

Even Taris took some time... still fun.

Hoth was probably the fastest (I got "within 15m" on first try)

Outlaw's Den... piece of cake.

I only have Foundry HM left on Progrenitor but I have to get dps gear first.

What would *really* help would be a message like the Seeker droid does: if you have the Burba excavator, it should promt a red message 'Your Burba Excavator dectects something in this area' and of course 'Your Burba Excavator no longer detects anything' when you leave the zone. Right now, my biggest complaint is that some areas are pretty vague about where the search area starts and where it ends.

What would *really* help would be a message like the Seeker droid does: if you have the Burba excavator, it should promt a red message 'Your Burba Excavator dectects something in this area' and of course 'Your Burba Excavator no longer detects anything' when you leave the zone. Right now, my biggest complaint is that some areas are pretty vague about where the search area starts and where it ends.
Yes, it seems mostly like a stroke of luck. At least when I was looking on hoth. I spent 2 hours one night searching around the entire wreck. Nothing. Next morning I start searching, within 5 minutes I found it! :eek:

Worst. Game. Mechanic. EVER. I don't find any of this "walk around and randomly scan a vague area hundreds of times" BS fun AT ALL. And I also question the sanity and intelligence of anyone claiming to find this "fun". It could POSSIBLY be better to give us an EXACT area to walk around and scan in, but I doubt it.

Worst. Game. Mechanic. EVER. I don't find any of this "walk around and randomly scan a vague area hundreds of times" BS fun AT ALL. And I also question the sanity and intelligence of anyone claiming to find this "fun". It could POSSIBLY be better to give us an EXACT area to walk around and scan in, but I doubt it.

Step 1: Gather some friends/guildies to help you look.

Step 2: Look around each area together

Step 3: ???

Step 4: Profit

Worst. Game. Mechanic. EVER. I don't find any of this "walk around and randomly scan a vague area hundreds of times" BS fun AT ALL.

Then don't do it.

If someone is scanning hundreds of times, they don't know how to use the scanner.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I suppose the part that bugs me the most is having parts on both capital worlds, which apparently requires having characters in both factions. Between that and the vague search areas means that I'll probably never be able to finish the questline....

You really only need to level the opposing faction character to level 10. I was able to get a Jedi Sent to level 12 just doing Tython then went straight to where the HK part is and found it in no time flat.

Since GSH released it's even easier now because you can find the part, teleport to your stronghold and place it in legacy storage or mail it to you main, then teleport back and leave the lowbie in the area where the part is found in case you ever want to do the mission again on an alt.

I suppose the part that bugs me the most is having parts on both capital worlds, which apparently requires having characters in both factions. Between that and the vague search areas means that I'll probably never be able to finish the questline....

be patient and methodic, i start the story line at 1.00 pm E and get HK by 4.30 pm include the 2 FP in PuG, the hardest part was on Hoth ;)

• 2 months later...

After spending over 3h scanning just the approach on Dromund Kaas (without finding it) i am ready to give up. The randomeness is fine if you are a large group looking or if the area is a smaller one but this.. just to much area to cover.

And to the people coming here posting how easy it is since you found it basically before you even started looking, good for you then but for most people solo scanning it takes a very long time.

Edited by HaraldJarl

I've already been on Taris for over an hour using this stupid scanner. Is the part even here anymore? The way this game is developed, I have a distinct lack of faith in the developers, so for all I know, they broke the quest somehow. The excavator needs to have some kind of an arrow to point in the general direction now.

Most of the people that want HK already have it, so you don't have all the people pinging away for it anymore, leaving you basically to yourself to find it. NOT. FUN. I've already googled it and the part is not in any of the usual spots.

I spent two days looking for some parts.........it was just easier to buy the fur ball.

It took a great deal of time, but when I had to go digging, I did find them. Took me a couple of RL days to get all of the Scanner parts. Took me most of a year to get the FP parts because I just didn't want to group up until 3.0 came out and I got my main geared out into 172/178s and her companion in 162/172s. It was fun steam rolling the FPs in that gear.

I do wish I only had to assemble him once, total, with a collections type of unlock after assembly, unless I chose the quest method. Maybe have it set like the Character Perk is, with CC or Large Sum of Credits?

I do wish I only had to assemble him once, total, with a collections type of unlock after assembly, unless I chose the quest method. Maybe have it set like the Character Perk is, with CC or Large Sum of Credits?

It is character perk.

- Get HK on any character

- After that you can unlock it for any other character in same Legacy

- 350 cc or 1 million credits

The parts should be as difficult to detect as always - imho - because that's the ONLY - and i repeat : ONLY - non-combat part of SWTOR left - apart from the macrobinocular missions, the seeker droid missions in general, and the dialogs.

Apart from that, SWTOR is a game fully catered to the Action-RPG crowd - which has already forgotten or never learned what "riddles" in PC games are (as can see via the full cluelessness of players who are on the one hand very good in combat in SWTOR, but on the other hand don't have the slightest clue how to solve that particular KDY puzzle).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Oh, this thread again... Let me tell you a story. One evening I sat down and decided that I wanted my next character, a Dark Side Sith Warrior, to have HK with him to avoid constantly losing affection with Vette. So I took my Sorcerer, set the two Flashpoints with the parts to Group Finder, and had them all collected by the time I went to sleep. Even if I had to do Dromund Kaas twice as I got a Group Finder hit just after the scanner told me that the part was within 10 meters. And it wasn't even that long ago, I finished chapter 3 with that Warrior/Marauder on Saturday. Nothing too difficult about it.

Sometimes happens right away, sometimes takes nearly an hour. All a matter of luck and how much help you have.

True dat - I have all the parts bar the one on Coruscant and the HM FP one, took maybe three hours of pottering about with my 55 Mara. As others have said, though, the scanner tells you when it detects something so it's just a matter of thinking logically, taking a few steps at a time and re-scanning. I certainly didn't have to do hundreds of scans.

Obviously I don't have the last two bits yet, so I may prove myself wrong later this evening :p

It is character perk.

- Get HK on any character

- After that you can unlock it for any other character in same Legacy

- 350 cc or 1 million credits

I didn't say it wasn't, and I even referred to that perk. But I was asking for it to be lie that perk, but cross legacy.

True dat - I have all the parts bar the one on Coruscant and the HM FP one, took maybe three hours of pottering about with my 55 Mara. As others have said, though, the scanner tells you when it detects something so it's just a matter of thinking logically, taking a few steps at a time and re-scanning. I certainly didn't have to do hundreds of scans.

Obviously I don't have the last two bits yet, so I may prove myself wrong later this evening :p

The area on Coruscant is one of the easiest to scan. Clear boundaries, since it's within walls, and easy to divide into segments to scan with the roads there, so you can easily note where you've already scanned and where not.