Simple solution for those who don't want 2 pay $10 for expansion

Nonnolol

We don't need anymore threads about Makeb at all and there is also another $10 thread started today ( edit - in fact 2 more , have we not got something else to talk about ? ) already. Mind you your suggestion is correct but people will post in this thread complaining never the less.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Edited by BadOrb

You just don't get it do you. It's not the price people are upset about it. I don't know why people don't get that.

I never said it was the price that people objected to (though that is the case for many). The point is that you are not entitled to anything, especially the goods produced by bioware. I don't know why people don't get this. So again:

if you want it, buy it. If not, don't.

I never said it was the price that people objected to (though that is the case for many). The point is that you are not entitled to anything, especially the goods produced by bioware. I don't know why people don't get this. So again:

IT's THIS

This is why.... This video is old but the mentality stands and its starting to show.

Personally i dont mind paying an expansion but when i pay for an expansion and still pay additional for the cathar unlock, then its no longer good business. Good thing i hate cat people. (see my sig for my view on the cathars)

Edited by kirorx

Don't pay $10 for the expansion....

If, on the other hand, you want to play the expansion, and feel that it's worth the $10, then spend the extra $10.

agree

im founder and beta tester and have 2 accounts wont be paying for either.

its not the money its the fact the said over, over made the 1.5 patch video had us geting it with ranked warzones free and new operation and new flashpoint, now we paying for it and still dont have ranked warzones, and calling this expansion without new races, classes, new class stories, new raids operations, new warzone, new flashpoints , new tradeskills ala crew skills is such money grab its not funny.

agree

its not the money its the fact the said over, over made the 1.5 patch video had us geting it with ranked warzones free and new operation and new flashpoint, now we paying for it and still dont have ranked warzones, and calling this expansion without new races, classes, new class stories, new raids operations, new warzone, new flashpoints , new tradeskills ala crew skills is such money grab its not funny.

You say that you will not be paying for your two accounts. Does that mean you plan to stop playing? If not, will you be one of the ones on these forums complaining of the restrictions that apply to preferred players over subs?

Seems like you and many others are cutting off your noses to spites your faces. Many don't want to pay $10 for Makeb. How many of those players who unsub will either pay more than $10 to unlock all the restrictions, or come to the forums complaining that preferred should have no restrictions.

Don't pay $10 for the expansion....

If, on the other hand, you want to play the expansion, and feel that it's worth the $10, then spend the extra $10.

There were alot of people in the beginning of the year that said , If you don't like the game then unsub, Well guess what....- 2 mill subs later this is where we are at.

Even if mine and your opinions differ I would not suggest not buying it. The reason I will not buy it yet because I don't know if it's worth it with hardly any information on it.

Are people forgetting who runs the show now?? They guy who said you are gonna love the X-mas speeder??

Hickman effect....anyone?

There were alot of people in the beginning of the year that said , If you don't like the game then unsub, Well guess what....- 2 mill subs later this is where we are at.

Even if mine and your opinions differ I would not suggest not buying it. The reason I will not buy it yet because I don't know if it's worth it with hardly any information on it.

Are people forgetting who runs the show now?? They guy who said you are gonna love the X-mas speeder??

Hickman effect....anyone?

i like that speeder. and hickman likes it. many people like it. when you say is ugly, it doesn't mean it's ugly for everyone

You just don't get it do you. It's not the price people are upset about it. I don't know why people don't get that.

Exactly! So much ignorance on these forums. It was NEVER about the price, it was the fact this was to be a content update free to subs. Now they slap the word 'expansion' on it to justify charging for it.

Who in the hell are you to tell what people are or are not entitled to? You apologists really have a bloated sense of self importance and give yourselves more intellectual credit than you actually possess. As a matter of fact the consumers of this game are indeed entitled to quite a bit from this company.

We are entitled to fair treatment, fair pricing, a quality product from Bioware and the honesty to keep their promises. They've not been able to deliver on any of those metrics, failing completely. And if you think we consumers are NOT entitled to such then you are a moron, hence why you don't see the issue at hand.

They've used subscription money to create a F2P conversion and cartel market. Instead of fixing bugs, extending endgame and enhancing the overall performance of the game. Now they're charging AGAIN for an expansion when they very well promised AND had the funds at the time to create it free for us. When the vast majority left the game they wanted to show a thank you to subscribers by giving us a product for free and continuing to enhance our gaming experience. Did that happen? Nope complete opposite.

I don't know what part of the world you're from but where I'm from we actually value our purchases no matter the cost. If this company can't treat it's customers with respect ... well then continue on the decline as you were, just don't ***** about issues later when we tried to do something about it.

*btw my companion STILL has lightsaber issues. Think there'll be a cartel market fix for it?*

Although your original post is a valuable perspective, I don't agree with the entitlement stuff. I don't complain about the Makeb paywall because I feel entitled. I complain because I want Bioware not to create an environment where they lose my subscription money and I go find a new game to play.

I haven't read any post where anyone has DEMANDED they do away with the patch paywall. We're trying to lay out reasoned arguements.

One part of the free market is buying something if you want it, and not buying it if you don't.

Another part of the free market is customer feedback. Please don't treat that as something that is unwelcomed or unhelpful. All this negative feedback may very well prevent the ultimate demise of the game we all play.

Who in the hell are you to tell what people are or are not entitled to? You apologists really have a bloated sense of self importance and give yourselves more intellectual credit than you actually possess. As a matter of fact the consumers of this game are indeed entitled to quite a bit from this company.

We are entitled to fair treatment, fair pricing, a quality product from Bioware and the honesty to keep their promises. They've not been able to deliver on any of those metrics, failing completely. And if you think we consumers are NOT entitled to such then you are a moron, hence why you don't see the issue at hand.

They've used subscription money to create a F2P conversion and cartel market. Instead of fixing bugs, extending endgame and enhancing the overall performance of the game. Now they're charging AGAIN for an expansion when they very well promised AND had the funds at the time to create it free for us. When the vast majority left the game they wanted to show a thank you to subscribers by giving us a product for free and continuing to enhance our gaming experience. Did that happen? Nope complete opposite.

I don't know what part of the world you're from but where I'm from we actually value our purchases no matter the cost. If this company can't treat it's customers with respect ... well then continue on the decline as you were, just don't ***** about issues later when we tried to do something about it.

*btw my companion STILL has lightsaber issues. Think there'll be a cartel market fix for it?*

I LOL'd and still am after reading this. Shame on me though because every single word is true and I dare any of you to dispute any part of this. Bring your facts, spin will be called out as such.

i like that speeder. and hickman likes it. many people like it. when you say is ugly, it doesn't mean it's ugly for everyone

I agree with you most of the time. But that speeder? It's hideous. It's so garish I almost expected hydraulics and a horn that went "Bling-Bling!"

agree

Free operations, ranked warzones, new races and class stories etc. would have been financed by a solid amount of subs that the game no longer has. So it's either a payed expansion or no new content at all. This is the current financial reality and complaining won't change it. Nor will unsubbing, since unsubbing is obviously the reason why there's no solid amount of subs. I'm not saying that people shouldn't unsub if they're not happy. But to expect things to improve by unsubbing is a contradiction, since it's actually the lack of subs that led to the current situation of cartel markets and payed expansions.

Edited by Cretinus