Tier 2.3 Gear Appearance is...

AshlaBoga

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of the bounty hunter color scheme, but my main gripe is the IA armor. I feel like the agent is presented as spy-type character and I don't think any of the agent sets present them as such. The IA in the screenshot further does not look like a spy and almost looks like low-level trooper armor.

The SI and warrior armor are fine with me.

I thought tier 2.3 gear was going to be the new Gree stuff that glows like Tron armor?

I doubt they'd make the Gree Event Armour BiS. It's almost certainly going to be the same as the Rakghoul and Race event armour - no mods but legacy bound.

You have to do Operations for the best mods.

I doubt they'd make the Gree Event Armour BiS. It's almost certainly going to be the same as the Rakghoul and Race event armour - no mods but legacy bound

It might be bound to legacy, but they've made weird comments about how their "whole approach to itemization is changing" with the release of the expansion. It's anyone's guess what that means, but it probably means more than just event armor with empty orange shells.

Anyone who complains about their gear should just be thankful they don't play a Consular... unless you play a Consular and then you just laugh at other classes complaining about their gear.

Consular gear is from their famous Clowns of Naboo line. :(

I don't get why people keep demanding more "Star Warsy" armor sets. In the films, the Jedi wore brown robes. This look is already in the game. Even the beige tunic look is in the game. That being said, not all Jedi wore the brown robes and tunics. A certain Twi'lek wore a sexy cut off top and basic leggings.

The Sith all wore different outfits in the films. So there really is no set look for them.

Do we really want every Jedi character running around in the same ugly robes? Do we want all Bounty Hunters to look like Boba Fett?

Hell no.

The gear we have now is fine for the most part. In the prequels you can see a lot of crazy looking outfits. Christ, just look at Padme's wardrobe when she was Queen.

As for the new gear... It's meh. I'll give you all that. I do like the Inquisitor piece (minus the helmet). But the rest pretty much suck. It's just a bad design. That's really the only issue. This whole "Not very Star Warsy" attack is *********** ridiculous though.

Tell me...

What the hell is with those designers and yellow color. Every damn item I pick has the yellow color.

Yellow-blue

Yellow-red

Yellow-white

Can you give us like simple Sith robes for Sorcs? Like long coat. Please, remove that extra "things" from the Sorc's gear. Also, if that is the BH gear, that is already in the game. He look like a chicken. If you google, you will see that a chicken has that thing on top of the head. I think it is called comb. :confused:

http://tiny.cc/chickenhead3

Edited by Boyana

i know it has been said - and it's a dead horse - but if those are the next tier then everyone who is involved in the design process should be fired. This is starwars, not some random cyborg game. And i mean fired. Clearly someone thought this was a good idea, and no one spoke up. Yes fired. And bioware should really start listening - I wouldn't pay a dime for that crap - and I will not. I'll literally unsub until there is gear IN this game that I want.

I'm kind of getting angry here - but seriously? stop with this garbage

Gear Tiers:

1.1 = Tionese/Xenotech/Energized

1.2 = Columi/Exotech

1.3 = Rakata

2.1 = Campaign/Black Hole

2.2 = Dread Guard/Hazmat

2.3 = *dun dun dun*

THIS --> http://cdn.zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/rise-of-hutt-cartel-2.jpg

#1 - Why does my Sorc have antenna in his helm? Am I hooked up to the holonet???

#2 - Why is the BH gear so very very ugly? Why BW, why do you hate BHs?

#3 - Why does my Sorc have a triangle on top of his head? Is that the Dark Side version of the Tri-Force? I thought this was Star Wars, not Legend of Zelda.

Will the rest of the forums please provide

#4-#9001?

Well well, look at them, they are so very cute. The rise of the circus cartel is in town.

Edited by Beansoup

Why is the Sith Warrior wearing Mega Man boots?

My SW would hand that off to Lt. Pierce.

I dont know why, but this made me laugh so hard. Almost woke up the baby.

i know it has been said - and it's a dead horse - but if those are the next tier then everyone who is involved in the design process should be fired. This is starwars, not some random cyborg game. And i mean fired. Clearly someone thought this was a good idea, and no one spoke up. Yes fired. And bioware should really start listening - I wouldn't pay a dime for that crap - and I will not. I'll literally unsub until there is gear IN this game that I want.

I'm kind of getting angry here - but seriously? stop with this garbage

I'm still trying to figure out why the BH has potato masher grenades sticking out of the back of the chest armor. And if any of those designers are still there, why?

Seems like all the good artwork guys worked on the concept stuff and then quit at some point in development. What happened? All the gear looked amazing in the trailers, artwork and the site (Queen of Naboo head gear...sorry, I mean consular head gear excluded).

Edited by Rezakh

Bioware can you just go ahead and let us know when you start making more Star Warsy looking gear?

Right now i see no change and these are just another pathetic attempt. Has your out sourced art department ever seen a Star Wars movie?

I think the current gear art designers must think we want WoW looking gear. We must make it painfully clear that this is not the case.

I'm still trying to figure out why the BH has potato masher grenades sticking out of the back of the chest armor. And if any of those designers are still there, why?

Seems like all the good artwork guys worked on the concept stuff and then quit at some point in development. What happened? All the gear looked amazing in the trailers, artwork and the site (Queen of Naboo head gear...sorry, I mean consular head gear excluded).

"Queen of Naboo head gear" must be what they think we want. We must disprove this notion by making ourselves louder! We shall create thread after thread after thread making our disappointment clear.

Most if not all of the endgame gear is bloody awful. Some of the BH trooper gear isn't too bad but the rest of it..... My God what were they thinking! I've seen Sages walking around looking more like Romans that Jedi!

I have 4 republic 50's (2 x JK's 1 x Commando and 1 x Sage), I had to buy 2 sets of the cartel valiant Jedi armour for my 2 knights because the Tionese gear looked shocking. It turned out to have been a wise choice because every other higher level of gear looks worse than that. My Sage now lives in his Battlemaster shells with PVE mods fitted. My trooper unfortunately is still stuck in Tionese with the exception of me having to change the helmet to stop him looking like he was wearing a bowl (Tionese trooper helm!) on his head. And please tell me that the idiot who chose bright orange for JK's Columi gear was colour blind, in that case he could be forgiven! I also noticed that a lot of especially Jedi armour has more of a medieval theme to it than a Star Wars theme.

So once again I see a good little earner for BW. Instead of making the endgame gear look the business, they have release a load of cartel gear that looks infinitely better than the endgame gear so you spend your hard earned cash on Cartel Coins to buy it. The two sets of Valiant Jedi armour I bought cost 2,800 cc's. If I waited for my monthly coins that would have taken 4 months to buy both sets.